1. Don’t worry about your broken pen. You can use ______________________.
A. my B. mine C. yours
2. —Why did you come to school late this morning?
—____________________. I watched the Football World Cup until 12 o’clock last night.
A. If B. Because C. Since
3. Kate is as ____________________ as Maria.
A. tall B. taller C. the tallest
4. —____________________ do you go to visit your grandma? —Twice a month.
A. How often B. How much C. How long
5. The teacher asked us ____________________ the work on time.
A. finish B. to finish C. finished
6. In the United States, Father’s Day falls on _____________ third Sunday in _____________ June.
A. the; 不填 B. the; a C. 不填；the
7. Paul is a ____________________ boy.
A. five-year-old B. five year old C. five-years-old
8. There is some water in that bottle, isn’t ____________________?
A. there B. it C. that
9. —Can you understand me?
—Sorry, I can ____________________ hear you clearly.
A. almost B. ever C. hardly
10. If Mike ____________________ up earlier, he can finish the work in time.
A. get B. will get C. gets
11. —Must I finish reading the book today?
—No. You ____________________ if you have something else to do. A. mustn’t
B. don’t have to
12. China’s sport stars Yao Ming and Liu Xiang ________________ Goodwill
A. have been named B. has been named C. has named
13. ______________ October 12, 2005, Shenzhou VI was sent up into space successfully. A. In
14. —We can use QQ to talk with each other online. —Really? Could you please show me ______________ it? A. what to do
B. how to do
C. when to do
15. In western countries ______________ is the most important festival, just like Spring Festival in China. A. Christmas Day
B. Thanksgiving Day
C. Mother’s Day
From Monday ______16______ Friday, most people are busy working or studying. But in the evenings and weekends, they are ______17______ and enjoy themselves. Some watch television or go to the cinema, others ______18______ sports. This is decided by their own interests. There are many different ways to spend our free time. Almost everyone has some kind of hobby: it may be something from ______19______ stamps to making model planes. Some hobbies are very expensive, but others don’t cost anything ______20______. Some collections are worth a lot of money, others are valuable（有价值的）only to their owners. 16. A. to
C. take part in C. making C. of all
17. A. lucky B. busy
18. A. think about 19. A. collecting 20. A. in all
B. take care of
B. getting B. at all
One night, a thief broke into an old man’s house. He _____21_____ a noise and woke up the old man and his wife. The husband told his _____22_____ to be silent, while he said loudly, “My dear, these days thieves are _____23_____. If they take _____24_____ their clothes and put them on the table, people in the room will fall asleep and _____25_____ wake up.”When the thief _____26_____ this, he took off his clothes _____27_____ and was ready to work.
At this _____28_____ the husband suddenly shouted in a loud voice. “Stop thief! Stop thief!” The thief was very frightened. He ran away as _____49_____ as he could and _____50_____ his clothes on the table. 21. A. make 22. A. son
23. A. better 24. A. off
C. may not C. heard
25. A. can’t B. couldn’t B. hear
26. A. listened 27. A. then
B. at once
C. now C. minute
C. fast C. got
28. A. moment 29. A. short 20. A. brought
B. slow B. left
三 用所给动词适当形式填空。（10分） 1. ---Can Mike _______ (speak) Chinese? ---Yes, he can.
2. Look, the boy __________ ____________ (open)the window. 3. ---What are Tom and Jack doing? ---They __________ __________(write)
4. ---Listen, Who _________ _________ (sing) in the room? ---I don't know.
5. Don't ___________ (watch) TV now.________ (read) English, please. 四. 按要求改句子。（1—4的划线部分提问）（10分） 1. Mum is looking for the key to the room. ___________________________________________? 2. Jack is late for school.
___________________________________________? 3. The building is thirty years old.
___________________________________________? 4. The girls are dancing in the playground. __________________________________________?
5. There is something wrong with my bike.（改为否定句）
The day was like any other day in his life, Tom walked past the shop on the street comer. He stopped to look at the front row of shoes, and he felt happy to see that the pair of shoes he wanted very much were still there. Looking down, he felt sorry for himself. He really wanted to have them for his birthday.
He sadly walked away and thought how to tell his mother about it. He knew she would give him anything he liked if she could. But he also knew very well she had little money. He decided not to go home at once, as he looked worried and his mother would notice (注意)it. So he went to the park and sat on the grass. Then he saw a boy in a wheel chair (轮椅) . He noticed that the boy moved the wheel with his hands. Tom looked at him carefully and was surprised to see the boy have no feet. He looked at his own feet. “It's much better to be without shoes than without feet, ” he thought. There was no reason (理由) for him to feel so sorry and sad. He sent away and smiled, thinking he was happier.
1.Tom passed the shop______.
A.on footB.by busC.by bikeD.in a car
2.Why did Tom stop in front of the shop? Because he wanted______. [ ]
A.to buy the shoesB.to look at the shoes he liked
C.to look at the shoes in the shop windowD.to look at the shoes on the front row
3.The pair of shoes he liked was ______. [ ]
A.too expensive B.quite cheap C.not thereD.not sold yet
4.Tom went into the park because he______. [ ]
A.was thinking how to tell his mother about itB.wanted to see the boy
C.didn't want to make his mother worriedD.he felt sad
5.From the story we can know that Tom______. [ ]
A.liked new shoes very muchB.loved his mother best
C.didn't want to go to schoolD.didn't want to stay at home
Peter was a small boy. He lived with his parents in a small house near some hills. The people there were all poor.
One night it was very dry and windy.
When everybody was asleep, Peter suddenly heard some noise. It came out from the kitchen (厨房). He got up and walked to the kitchen. He found that the wood beside the stove (火炉) was burning . There was no water tap (水龙头) in the house , so he could not put out (扑灭) the fire . He shouted loudly to wake up everyone in the house. Then he ran out of his house and knocked on the doors of many houses to wake the people up. They all left their houses quickly.
At last the fire was put out by the firemen. Many houses were burnt. But nobody was burnt in the fire.
1.Peter lived with his______. [ ]
2.One night he found that______ beside the stove was burning. [ ]
A.thetableB.the woodC.the doorD.the window
3.______, so he could not put out the fire. [ ]
A.Everybody was asleepB.He couldn't shout loudly
C.The kitchen was very bigD.there was no water tap in the house
4.Peter knocked on the doors of many houses______. [ ]
A.to wake the people upB.to get some water
C.to find his classmatesD.to visit them
5.______hurt in the fire. [ ]
A.People in other houses were B.Peter's parents were
C.Nobody wasD.Peter was 六 （15分） 根据提示，请以“School Rules”为题，写一篇短文或对话提示：每所学校都有规章制度，下面是你们学校的一些规章制度，请你向一位新生Mary作一下介绍。内容包括：
6. 不要损害花草树木。（pick flowers; climb trees）