1. Paper (invent) by Cai Lun.
2. I _____ (real) want to see him soon.
3. His mother had a _____ (quickly) breakfast, and went to work this morning.
4. In the old days , wood (use) for cooking and keeping warm.
5. Last night he went to bed later, so he looks _____ (exhaust) today.
6. The museum (build) in 1955.
7. _____ (hundred) of people took part in the party last night.
8. The pictures (put) up on the wall last term.
9. We knew the boys (take) good care of by the babysitter.
10. It’s used for (scoop) really cold ice cream.
1. He is very kind, and he’d like to help _____ people.
A. rich B. homeless C. happy D. clever
2. We want to cheer _____ sick kids in the hospital.
A. up B. on C. for D. at
3. What do you usually do _____ the evening after supper?
A. on B. at C. of D. in
4. Anna is to choose her own clothes.
A. allowed B. allows C. allowing D. allow
5. Yesterday I was late _____ school because the traffic was heavy.
A. on B. to C. to D. for
6. English people _____ use Mr before a man’s first name.
A. ever B. never C. often D. usually
7. I don’t know hat happened _____ Zhang Hong the day before yesterday.
A. at B. for C. about D. to
8._____ the first day of new term, I saw all my friends and teachers.
A. In B. At C. On D. For
9. I think the most helpful is the computer.
A. inventions B. invention C. invent D. inventor
10. I have never seen _____ a car _____ this before.
A. such, that B. such, as C. so, as D. so, that
11. The telephone was invented 1876.
A. in B. on C. after D. at
12. Don’t mix English words _____ Chinese, please.
A. and B. of C. with D. in
13. The task can next week.
A. do B. did C. be done D. be do
14. Your spelling is terrible! Look at this word, _____.
A. such as B. like C. look like D. for example
15. Do you Egyptians use ____ same greeting as everyone else?
A. a B. an C. the D. \
1. By the time we got home, my mother _____ (go) out for a walk.
2. When _____ your classmate _____ (come) into his class this morning?
3. His father was ill. He had to _____ (stay) at home today.
___ (see) that man over there, Alice?
5. Don’t forget __ __ (be) so dark that we couldn’t see the way to our school clearly.
9. My mother (work) in that factory for 20 years.
10. Miss Liu started (teach) since more than two years ago.
11. Li said that Yu ( join) the party.
1. What is a telephone used _____, class?
A. to B. in C. for D. about
3. Can you tell me _____ the train was invented?
A. what B. who C. when D. which
4. I think the _____ invention is a mobile phone. What about you?
A. helpful B. more helpful C. helpfulest D. most helpful
5. Who can help me _____ my lesson?
A. in B. at C. with D. of
6. Rice is grown in South China _____ them.
A. by B. in C. with D. for
7. He took my English-Chinese dictionary _____ mistake.
A. to B. by C. about D. on
8. The man is made _____ some extra hours.
A. work B. to work C. worked D. working
9. ______, where is the post office near here？
A. In the way B. On the way C. By the way D. To the way
10. This is my new pen. It_____ me 18 yuan.
A. cost B. spent C. paid D. took
11. I don’t like eating chocolate because the taste is too _____.
A. salty B. sour C. sweet D. hot
12. This kind of food is cooked by a cook _____ Jack.
A. call b. calls C. called D. calling
13. They have sprinkled _____ salt in the soup.
A. any B. much C. many D. lots of
14. English is _____ useful language, isn’t it?
A. a B. an C. the D. x
15. Our classroom _____ every day, so it’s very clean.
A. cleans B. is cleaning C. is cleaned D. cleaned
( )1. The knife is used cutting.
A.to B. as C. by D. for
( )2. –This kind of rice tastes nice. –Yes, it in southeast China.
A. was grown B. has grown C. is grown D. is growing
( )3. This picture to a museum in New York in 1997.
A. sells B. sold C. is sold D. was sold
( )4. –Will you come to this dinner party?
–I won’t come unless Jenny .
A. will be invited B. can be invited C. invited D. is invited
( )5. It takes us half an hour English every morning.
A. read B. reading C. to read D. reads
( )6. It discovered the 17 th century.
A. wasn’t , until B. didn’t, until C. didn’t, before D. doesn’t, till
( to give a speech there.
A. has gone , is asked B. has been , was asked
C. has gone, was asked D. went, asked
( )8. , he finished the work well.
A. At the end B. By the end C. In the end D. Final
( )9. She like cookies. They are hard, dry and easily broken.
A. crispy B. sweet C. salty D. sour
( )10. Miss Zhao went on on the computer after a short break.
A. works B. work C. working D. worked
( )11. the age of sixteen he joined the army.
A. On B. At C. When D. As
( )12. Lily is clever girl.
A. a quite B. very a C. quite a D. very
( )13. He failed in the exam. His parents weren’t with him.
A. please B. pleasant C. pleased D. pleasure
( )14. people lost their lives in the accident.
A. Two thousands B.Two thousand of C. Thousands of D. Thousands
( )15. Before I went to England, I English.
A. learned B. learns C. has learned D. had learned
( )16. There’s something wrong with my alarm clock. It doesn’t .
A. run off B. drop off C. come out D. go off
( )17. Jim told me that he his key at home.
A. has forgotten B. had forgotten C. has left D. had left
( )18. The driver hurt the girl badly she had to see a doctor.
A. so, that B. either, or C. too, to D. neither, nor
( )19. Everyone believed his hoax, and soon panic across the whole country.
A. take off B. set off C. put off D. turn off
( )20. Lots of famous stars at the party. It’s wonderful.
A. stand up B. show up C. turn up D. stay up
( )21. He said that the thief already the police station.
A. will, fled from B. has, fled C. had, fled from D. has, fled out
( )22. What Jim yesterday?
A. did happen B. happened C. did happen about D. happened to
( )23. His gate at this time of day. Maybe you can see something if you come
A. closed, closer B. closes, close C. is closed, closer D. will close, closer
( )24. Who can help me find the key the door?
A. to B. of C. in D. with
( )25. How long have you from the USA for 2 weeks.
A. come back B. returned C. got back D. been back
( )26. The bad news made everyone .
A. worriedly B. felt worried C. feel worry D. worried
( )27. If you early, I won’t keep Tim for a quarter.
A. wake me up, wait for me B. wakes me up, waiting for me
C. will wake up me , wait me D. wake me up, waiting for me
farm , potato, leaf ,salt, marry, invent, end , embarrass ,luck
1. The car is one of the most useful .
2. Mom added salt but it still wasn’t enough.
3. Autumn is coming. The of the tree have turned yellow.
4. Americans like to eat 5. Tom and Julia love each other. They got in1999.
6. There are lots of on the farm.
7. The of the story is very sad.
8. ’t late for meeting.
9. It was such a joke that everyone was really embarrassed.