Part 1 Listening (第一部分 听力)
I. Listen and choose the right picture (根据你听到的内容，选出相应的图片): (共6分)
A B C
D 1. ______ 2. ______
II. Listen to the dialogue and choose the best answer to the question you hear (根据你听
到的对话和问题，选出最恰当的答案): (共10分) 7. A) Once a day. C) Once a month. 8. A) Cats. C) Mice. 9. A) Tina. C) Bob. 10. A) The blue one. C) The black one. 11. A) Teacher and student. C) Doctor and patient.
B) Once a week. D) Once a year. B) Snakes. D) Dogs. B) Ben. D) Tom.
B) The red one. D) The white one. B) Staff and manager. D) Waiter and customer.
E 3. ______
F 5. ______
G 6. ______
第 1 页 共 12 页
12. A) It is her favorite song.
C) It is unusual.
13. A) Visiting grandparents in the countryside.
C) Going to Beijing for sightseeing.
14. A) For five months.
C) For half a year.
15. A) She will go to the cinema.
C) She won’t stay at home.
16. A) She has been ill for four weeks.
C) She feels sick because of the noise pollution.
B) It is a bit noisy. D) It is difficult to understand. B) Visiting China Pavilion. D) Their summer vacation. B) For ten months. D) For a year. B) She won’t relax herself. D) She will have a rest at home. B) It’s difficult for her to breathe. D) She has got a headache.
III. Listen to the passage and tell whether the following statements are true or false (判
断下列句子是否符合你听到的内容, 符合的用“T”表示，不符合的用“F”表示): (共7分)
17. There was a big farm near Mrs. Brown’s town.
18. On that farm, there were many kangaroos, horses and small animals.
19. One day a hungry kangaroo appeared under her window.
20. Mrs. Brown showed great interest when she saw the kangaroo wearing a new jacket.
21. The kangaroo’s jacket made Mrs. Brown think of her lost brother.
22. It was quite easy for Mrs. Brown to find her lost brother with the photo.
23. In fact the kangaroo helped Mrs. Brown find her lost brother.
IV. Listen to the dialogue and fill in the blanks (根据你听到的对话，完成下列句子，每空格限填一词): (共7分)
24. Ann remembered that the accident happened in the ________.
25. The accident happened at about ________, last Thursday afternoon, March 22.
26. Mrs. Mabel Turner and Miss Sandra Lee were injured and sent to the City ________.
27. Ann was a ________ of the Red Cross in secondary school.
28. Ann saw Mrs. Turner and Sandra making some ________.
29. The policeman thought Mrs. Turner should do things ________ next time.
30. Ann thought Mrs. Turner and Sandra were lucky as things weren’t ________.
Part 2 Vocabulary and Grammar (第二部分 词汇和语法) V. Choose the best answer (选择最恰当的答案): (共26分)
31. Look out! There is ______ wine bottle on the table. You might break it.
A) a B) an C) the D) /
32. Nowadays many people prefer to keep in touch with ______ friends online.
A) they B) them C) their D) theirs
第 2 页 共 12 页
33. Young people should learn how to care ______ others and how to respect all living things.
A) with B) for C) by D) of
34. I can’t understand why Steven bought so many watches but never wears ______ of them.
A) any B) both C) another D) others
35. The plane will take off ______ three hours. I must get to the airport at once.
A) at B) in C) on D) by
36. I made a phone call to your house for several times last night, but ______ answered it.
A) somebody B) anybody C) everybody D) nobody
37. – Must parents help do everything for their children?
– No, they ______. Children should learn to be independent.
A) can’t B) must C) needn’t D) may
38. ______ happy we are to have held a successful World Expo!
A) What B) What a C) What an D) How
39. Would you turn down the radio a bit? We ______ a plan for the coming term.
A) have made B) made C) make D) are making
40. Among the jeans I chose ______ pair because I hadn’t enough money on me.
A) cheap B) cheaper C) cheapest D) the cheapest
41. My brother ______ as an engineer since he came back from the United States years ago.
A) has worked B) had worked C) was working D) will work
42. George’s P.E. teacher made him ______ the school Volleyball Club two months ago, but
in fact he likes playing football.
A) joining B) to join C) join D) joins
43. The elderly man has kept ______ in the fields for nearly four hours without any rest.
A) work B) works C) to work D) working
44. The young detective needs a(an) ______ and he wants to make a decision at once.
A) information B) knowledge C) idea D) case
45. These Christmas cards look very ______. All of us want to buy some.
A) nicely B) lucky C) beautifully D) lovely
46. Our teacher explained the lesson to us as ______ as he could.
A) clear B) clearly C) clearer D) more clearly
47. If we want to catch that train, we’d better ______ for the station right now.
A) show off B) put off C) set off D) turn off
48. David turned his back on me and I knew that he was __________ with my words.
A) angry B) connected C) satisfied D) familiar
49. 2010 Asian Games ______ in Guangzhou from Nov. 12 to Nov. 27.
A) are held B) were held C) will be held D) have been held
50. Marsha thought her friends would do something special to celebrate her birthday, ______ they just gave her a birthday card.
A) and B) or C) but D) so
第 3 页 共 12 页
51. Could you please tell me ______ tomorrow afternoon?
A) when will the new film begin B) when the new film will begin
C) when the new film would begin D) when would the new film begin
52. These days, mum is really worried about Jenny as she ______ too much time chatting
with her friends on the Internet.
A) pays B) takes C) costs D) spends The underlined part means “______”.
A) Right now B) At present C) At the same time D) From time to time
54. Harry quite a number of wonderful characters in his play. The underlined part means “______”.
A) required B) refused C) made D) discovered
55. – Mark, please don’t play basketball on the road. It’s very dangerous.
– ______ I am going home at once.
A) Have a great time. B) Sorry, I won’t do that.
C) I’d like to. D) OK, with pleasure.
56. – Excuse me, would you mind if I close the window?
– ______. It’s cold, isn’t it?
A) Never mind.
C) What a pity!
VI. Complete the sentences with the given words in their proper forms（用括号中所给单
57. As we all know, New York is one of the top fashion __________ in the world. (city)
58. Nobody will help him with his work, so he will have to continue it by __________. (he )
59. A careless driver and the terrible weather were responsible for the man’s __________. (die)
60. The __________ breakfast in this area includes bread, cakes and eggs. (tradition)
61. Jane got a beautiful bike on her __________ birthday. She likes it very much. (fifteen)
62. Our Chinese teacher always asks us to __________ more Chinese poems. ( memory)
63. Many beautiful animals will __________ if we don’t do anything to protect them. (appear)
64. If we try hard, we will __________ in reaching the top of the mountain by noon. (success)
VII. Rewrite the following sentences as required（根据所给要求，改写下列句子。每空格限填一词): (共12分)
65. The Greek soldiers captured the Trojans through a trick at last. (改为一般疑问句) ____________ the Greek soldiers ____________ the Trojans through a trick at last? (对划线部分提问)
____________ ____________ have they lived in Hong Kong?
67. Emma has different opinions on how to save pocket money. (改为反意疑问句)
Emma has different opinions on how to save pocket money, ____________ ____________?
第 4 页 共 12 页 B) I hope not. D) Of course not.
68. We can complete the work ahead of time. (改为被动语态)
The work can ____________ ____________ ahead of time.
69. To keep the room clean, we need to wash pet dogs regularly. (保持句意基本不变)
We need to wash pet dogs regularly ____________ ____________ we can keep the room clean.
70. I will call the police if that noise doesn’t stop soon. (保持句意基本不变)
I will call the police ____________ that noise ____________ soon.
Part 3 Reading and Writing (第三部分 读写)
VIII. Reading comprehension (阅读理解): (共56分)
A. True or False（判断下列句子是否符合短文内容，符合的用“T”表示，不符合的用“F”表示): ( 7分)
Doctor Seuss was born in 1904. By the middle 1950s, he had
become one of the best-loved and most successful children’s book
writers in the world. His books are very popular with young readers.
They enjoy the invented words and the pictures of unusual funny
animals and plants.
In 1954, life magazine published a report about school
children who could not read. The report said many children’s books
were not interesting. Doctor Seuss strongly hoped to help children and decided to write books that were interesting and easy to read. He used words with the same ending sound, like fish and wish. He did not receive training in art. Yet, he drew the pictures for most of his books.
In 1957, Doctor Seuss wrote The Cat in the Hat. He used less than 230 words to write the book and even a six-year-old should be able to read it. It was a fun story and easy to read. Children loved it. Their parents loved it, too. Today it is still one of the stories they like best. The success of The Cat in the Hat made him want to write more books for children. In 1960, he wrote a book using less than fifty words. The book is called Green Eggs and Ham.
In 1984, Doctor Seuss won a Pulitzer Prize(普利策奖). He was honored for the education and enjoyment his books provided American children and their parents.
He died at the age of 87, but his influence remains. Millions of his books have been sold worldwide. People say his books helped change the way American children learned to read. Yet, his books are loved by people of all ages. Doctor Seuss once said, “I do not write for children. I write for people.”
71. Doctor Seuss was born in 1914 and was one of the most popular writers in the world.
72. Doctor Seuss learned from the magazine that some school children could not read.
73. People like Doctor Seuss’ books because they are cheap and easy to get.
74. Doctor Seuss used words with the same ending sound and drew pictures himself for all his books.
75. Doctor Seuss wrote the book The Cat in the Hat
with 50 words at the age of 56.
第 5 页 共 12 页
76. Doctor Seuss’ books provided education and enjoyment for Americans.
77. From the text we know that Doctor Seuss changed American children’s way of reading.
B. Choose the best answer（根据短文内容，选择最恰当的答案): ( 7分)
Mobile Phone Madness
How much do you love your mobile phone? A Chinese student had to call 110 for help this week after he got his arm stuck in a toilet when trying to rescue his mobile phone. After dropping his phone in the toilet, he decided to wrap his arm in newspapers in the hopes of keeping clean. But the newspapers in the water, and then even his roommates couldn’t help him pull his arm out. So policemen were called and they spent an hour unsticking the stuck student.
Crazy Pet Lovers
How much do you love your pets? Many people in China are famous for how much they love their pets. They dress them up in fashionable clothing and buy them high quality food. But would they spend 7, 000 English pounds (68, 000 yuan) on a wedding (婚礼) for their pets? And that’s what a couple in Brazil recently spent on a fancy wedding for their pet Yorkshire terriers ( a kind of dog).
When something goes wrong, you can often hear Westerners cry “Oh, rats”. But when it comes to Southern China, “Oh, rats!” can mean it’s what you want for dinner. According to a report in China Daily, some restaurants in Guangzhou serve rat meat. But, actually, most of those rats are field mice. What would Mickey Mouse say?
Here’s some news that most women already know. Men tell more lies than women. The London Daily Mail cites (引用) a new study that says men tell about three lies a day, while women tell only two lies a day. Men are also less likely to feel guilty about lying, according to this week’s survey of 3,000 people by a research organization called One Poll. According to the Poll, lying to our mothers is very popular. But then, so is lying at work. And both men and women will lie when it comes to how much they’ve drunk. So how easy is it to tell when someone is lying?
78. A Chinese student called policemen for help as he _______.
A) lost a mobile phone in the classroom B) dropped his mobile phone in the toilet
C) failed to pass a test D) wrapped his arm in newspapers
79. The underlined word “” in passage 1 probably means _______.
A) smelt awful B) moved quickly
C) were offered D) became larger in size
80. The writer calls the Brazilian couple “crazy pet lovers” because they _______.
A) dress their pets up in fashionable clothing
B) buy their pets high quality food
C) spent 68, 000 yuan on a wedding for their pets
第 6 页 共 12 页
D) spent ￡7, 000 in buying a pet
81. If you say “Oh, rats” in Guangzhou, it can mean that _______.
A) something goes wrong B) you see some field mice
C) you are a Mickey Mouse lover D) you’d like to have rat meat for dinner
82. Neither men nor women will tell the truth _______ according to the Poll.
A) when women tell less lies than men B) when they feel guilty about lying
C) about how much they’ve drunk D) when they talk to their fathers
83. Which is NOT TRUE according to the passage?
A) It is difficult to unstick the stuck student.
B) The couple’s pets are Yorkshire terriers.
C) People in China enjoy eating rat meat.
D) 3,000 people joined in the survey made by One Poll.
84. We can read the four passages from the section of “_______”.
A) news and reports B) science fiction
C) history stories D) different cultures
C. Choose the words or expressions and complete the passage（选择最恰当的单词或词语完成短文):（14分）
We have all experienced days when everything goes wrong. A day may begin well enough, but suddenly everything seems to get . It seems as if a single unimportant event may cause a number of things to happen. Let us suppose that you are preparing a meal and keeping an eye on the baby at the same time. The telephone rings and this means your are beginning. While you are on the phone, the baby pulls the tablecloth off the table, destroying your half prepared meal. You hang up quickly and attend to your baby. Meanwhile, the meal gets burnt. As if this were not enough to bring you to tears, your husband unexpectedly bringing three guests to dinner.
Things can go wrong on a number of people on the road. During the rush hour one evening two cars hit each other and both drivers began to argue. The woman driver behind the two cars to be a learner. She suddenly went into a panic and stopped her car. This made the driver following her stop suddenly. His wife was sitting beside him holding a large cake. she was thrown forward, the cake went right through the window and landed on the road. Seeing a cake flying through the air, a truck-driver had to stop his truck all of a sudden. The truck was carrying empty beer bottles and hundreds of them slid off the back of the truck onto the road. This led to yet another argument. Meanwhile, It took the police nearly an hour to get the traffic on the move again. Only two dogs were enjoying themselves from the accident, for they were having what was left of the cake. It was just one of those days!
85. A) ready B) out of control C) easy D) on well
86. A) troubles B) activities C) alarms D) dreams
87. A) promises B) shouts C) leaves D) arrives
第 7 页 共 12 页
88. A) was thankful
89. A) As
90. A) amazing
91. A) politely
B) was afraid B) Before B) boring B) happily C) happened C If C) dangerous C) safely D) had D) Although D) angry D) slowly
D. Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words（在短文的空格内填入适
“Fire! Fire!” What horrible words to hear when one wakes up in a strange house in the middle of the night! It was a large, wooden house and my room was on the top floor. I jumped out into the passage. It was full of thick smoke.
I began to run, but as I was still only half awake, instead of going towards the stairs I and I could see flames all around and the floor became hot under my bare feet. I found an open door and ran into a room to get to the window. But before I could reach it, one of my feet was caught in something soft and I a bundle (一捆) of clothes, and I picked it up to protect my face from smoke and heat. Just then the floor gave way under me and I crashed to the below with pieces of wood all around me.
I saw a flaming doorway in front, put the bundle of clothes over my face and ran. The . Then I saw a crowd gathered in the street. A woman in a night dress and a borrowed man’s coat screamed when she saw me and came running madly. “My baby! My baby!” she cried. The crowd cheered . I had some difficulty in recognizing her. She was Mayor’ her baby. I was a hero.
E. Answer the questions（根据短文内容回答下列问题): ( 14分)
When Paul was a boy growing up in Utah，he happened to live
near a copper smelter（炼铜厂）, and the chemicals that poured out had
made a wasteland out of what used to be a beautiful forest. One day a
young visitor looked at this wasteland and called it an awful area. Paul
knocked him down. From then on, something happened inside him.
Years later Paul was back in the area, and he went to the smelter
office. He asked if they had any plans or if they would let him try to
bring the trees back. The answer from that big industry was “No”.
Paul then went to college to study the science of plants. He told the teachers about his plans. Unfortunately, his teachers said: “It will be a waste of your life to try to do it.” Everyone knew that, he was told. Even if he was knowledgeable as he had expected, he wouldn’t get his idea accepted.
Paul later got married and had some kids. But his dream would not die. And then one
night he did what he could with what he had. Under the cover of darkness, he went secretly
第 8 页 共 12 页
into the wasteland and started planting.
Every week, he made his secret journey into the wasteland and planted trees and grass. For fifteen years he did this against the common sense. Slowly rabbits appeared. Later，the company actually hired Paul to do what he was already doing.
Now the place is covered with fourteen thousand acres of trees and grass and bushes, and Paul has received almost every environmental award Utah has. It took him until his hair turned white, but he managed to keep that impossible promise he made to himself as a child.
99. Where did Paul live when he was a boy in Utah?
100. How was the wasteland before being polluted by the chemicals?
101. The big industry didn’t agree with what Paul said, did it?
102. What did Paul’s teachers say to him?
They said _________________________________.
103. What did Paul do before the company hired him?
104. Why has Paul received almost every environmental award Utah has?
105. What do you think of Paul?
I think ___________________________________.
IX. Writing (作文): (共18分)
106. Write at least 60 words about the topic “Is it good for more people to own cars?”.
（注意：短文中不得出现考生的姓名、校名及其它相关信息，否则不予评分。） Use the following points for reference. （以下问题供参考）
? Do you think it is good for more people to own cars?
? Give your reasons.
(If necessary, please give your suggestions.)
第 9 页 共 12 页
Ⅰ. Listen and choose the right picture (根据你听到的内容，选出相应的图片):
1. Some people like to keep dogs as their pets at home. (D)
2. My elderly uncle likes chatting with friends on the computer. (E)
3. Wendy likes dancing very much. She is the member of the Dance Club. (B)
4. Drawing comic strips was my favorite when I was a student at college. (A)
5. Tom and Mary are waiting for a taxi at the airport with their heavy luggage. (G)
6. Why not look up the word in the dictionary if you don’t know it? (C)
Ⅱ. Listen to the dialogue and choose the best answer to the question you hear (根据你
7. W: Do you miss your mother, Tom?
M: Of course. I send her an e-mail once a week. I ring her up once a month.
Q: How often does Tom ring his mother up? (C)
8. M: Susan, did you use to be afraid of snakes?
W: No, I was afraid of cats.
Q: What did Susan use to be afraid of? (A)
9. M: Tina, have you seen Ben? Tom is looking for him?
W: Oh, I saw him enter the library with Bob a moment ago. So maybe you can go there to get him.
Q: Who is Tom looking for now? (B）
10. M: Can I help you, Miss?
W: Yes, I need a suitcase. I like the red one over there. How much is it?
M: It costs $199.
W: Why is it more expensive than the blue one?
M: Because it’s made of leather. And it’s new arrival.
W: OK. I’ll take this one.
Q: Which suitcase is the woman going to buy? (B)
11. M: Madam, here’s your order. What else do you want?
W: I’d like a cup of coffee and a fruit salad.
M: OK. Please wait a minute.
Q: Who might the two speakers be? (D）
12. M: Mum, let’s listen to the songs together.
W: What’s unusual about it?
M: This is Jay Chou’s new album. He is my favorite singer. Mum, do you like his songs? W: Oh, I’m afraid it’s a little noisy to me.
Q: What does the mother think of the songs? (B）
13. W: Hey, Hector! What are you doing for the summer vacation?
M: I am visiting my grandparents in the countryside. How about you, Susan?
W: I am going to Shanghai with my cousins.
M: Oh, cool! Are you going to visit the China Pavilion in Shanghai World Expo Park?
W: Of course, we are. It’s a good place to go sightseeing.
Q What are they talking about? (D)
14. W: How long have you been in America, Jerry?
M: I came here last August. It’s June now. That’s a long time.
W: And what are you doing here?
M: I’m studying at New York University.
Q: How long has Jerry been in America? (B）
15. W: Would you like to go to the cinema with me tonight, Jane?
第 10 页 共 12 页
M: I’d love to, thanks. But I’m so tired, I just want to have a good rest at home.
W: OK. Relax yourself. I’ll phone you tomorrow.
Q: What does Jane mean? (D)
16. M: Good morning, Ann. You look weak. What’s the matter?
W: It’s hard for me to breathe.
M: How long have you been like this?
W: Since about two weeks ago.
M: What happened?
W: There is a chemical factory near our village. It produces harmful gases. The air has been polluted.
M: Sounds terrible. Pollution always causes so many problems.
Q: What’s wrong with Ann? (B)
Ⅲ. Listen to the passage and tell whether the following statements are true or false (判
Mrs. Brown lived in a small town near a big farm. One afternoon after she finished her housework, she went to her small shop. She opened the window of the shop and looked outside. She liked to see the green farm. There were many cows, horses and small animals on that farm. Suddenly she saw a kangaroo under her window. She was interested to see that it was wearing an old jacket. It stood there and looked hungry. Mrs. Brown gave some bread and water to it. The kangaroo ate them quickly. Then it became happy and jumped away. Suddenly, something dropped on the ground from its jacket pocket. It was a wallet! She picked it up, opened and found there was $300 and a photo in it. That was a man’s photo with his name “John” on it. John, she looked more carefully and remembered she had a brother many years ago. His name was also John. “Is that man my lost brother?” she thought. She took the wallet with her and began to look for the man. She asked many people in the town, and then she came to the farm and asked the farmer. To her great surprise, it was John, her lost brother. They were very excited and happy to see each other.
17. T 18. F 19. T 20. F 21. F 22. F 23. T
Ⅳ. Listen to the dialogue and fill in the blanks (根据你听到的对话，完成下列句子，每空格限填一词):
M: Ann, I’m just filling in the accident report form and I need your help. First, do you remember when exactly the accident happened in the dining-room?
W: It was last Thursday afternoon, the 22nd of March. I can still remember it’s about half past three.
M: Who else was in the dining-room, then?
W: Mrs. Mabel Turner and Miss Sandra Lee.
M: Were they injured in the accident?
W: Yes, both of them.
M: You sent them to hospital?
W: Yes, I gave them first aid and I called the police, too. They were sent to the City Hospital. M: Ah, you know first aid?
W: Yes, I was a member of the Red Cross in secondary school.
M: Interesting! By the way, how did the accident happen?
W: I entered the dining-room and wanted to have a drink. I saw Mrs. Turner and Sandra making some coffee. When Mrs. Turner took the kettle, maybe it was too hot, she dropped it.
M: So Mrs. Turner should do things carefully next time. Now let me write this down “Mrs. Turner carelessly dropped the kettle”.
W: Yes, that’s it. Anyway, they were quite lucky. The doctor said things weren’t serious. M: All right, Ann. Thank you very much.
第 11 页 共 12 页
W: That’s all right.
24. dining-room 25. 3:30 26. Hospital 27. member 28. coffee 29. carefully 30. serious
Ⅴ.31. A 32. C 33. B 34. A 35. B 36. D 37. C 38. D 39. D 40. D 41. A 42.
C 43. D 44. C 45. D 46. B 47. C 48. A 49. B 50. C 51. B 52. D 53. B
54. C 55. B 56. D
Ⅵ. 57. cities 58. himself 59. death 60. traditional 61. fifteenth 62. memorize 63. disappear
Ⅶ. 65. Did, capture 66. How long 67. doesn’t she 68. be completed 69. so that
70. unless, stops
Ⅷ. A. 71. F 72. T 73. F 74. F 75. F 76. T 77. T
B. 78. B 79. D 80. C 81. D 82. C 83. C 84. A
C. 85. B 86. A 87. D 88. C 89. A 90. D 91. B
D. 92. stepped 93. thicker 94. like 95.terribly 96.surprise 97. arm(s) 98. saved E. 99. lived near a copper smelter
100. It was beautiful./ It was a beautiful forest.
101. No, it didn’t.
102. it would be a waste of his life to try to do it
103. He made his secret journey into the wasteland and planted trees and grass./He
planted trees and grass in the wasteland.
104. Because he has brought the trees back to the wasteland.
105. he had a strong will. / he worked hard to make his dream come true. (Any
reasonable answer is acceptable.)
IⅩ. 110. (略) 评分标准：
0-1分 内容切题，意思连贯，表达清楚、完整。 内容基本切题，意思大致连贯，表达基本清楚、但不够完整。 内容不够切题，意思不够连贯，表达不够清楚、有些离题。 文不对题，表达不清。
④ 内容和语言在13分以下者，如文中有值得肯定的好的句型和表达，可酌情考虑给1分组织结构分。 ⑤ 通篇句型、句式单一、词汇贫乏者，即使无语法错误，一般也不予给组织结构分。
第 12 页 共 12 页