1. vacation== holiday； on vacation 度假；have two days off 请两天假；take a vacation 度
假；be on vacation 在度假（表示状态）
注意：be on和begin；be back 和come back；be dead 和die之间的区别；
2. while 和when之间的区别。
Eg，while I was mending my bike，jim came to see me。It was raining when we arrived。（此句就不能用while）
in, after 后接时间时的区别。
注意：sell，write，wash这几个词后面可以直接接副词。Sth Sell well 畅销；sth write well书写流畅；
5. 在英语当中，当三种人称代词同时作主语时，先后排列顺序通常是二、三、一 即you，
后面的词语所表示的时间为止，此时主句的谓语动词是延续性动词。Eg，he ran until he was breathless.
2）until用在否定句中，即not…until…直到…才…=== not…before… ；
7. as soon as 意为“一…就…”；引导时间状语从句，
8. 1）however作副词，意为“无论如何，不管怎样”== no matter how；
eg，however he tries, he never seems able to work best.
2) however做连词，意为“但是，可是”eg，it is raining hard。 However，I think we should go out。
注意：however；but；though；in spite of；之间的区别。
9. all over China== all around China 遍布全国
10. depend on 依靠，信任，相信，依…而定；
11. promise to do sth; promise not to do sth;
12. have fun == enjoy oneself, have a good time 玩得高兴
have fun （in）doing sth高兴地做某事；have trouble （in ）doing sth；做某事有困难； be busy （in）doing sth忙于做某事；spend time in doing sth 花费时间做某事；
waste time in doing sth浪费时间做某事；stop sb from doing sth 阻止某人做某事； 注意：fun和funny之间的区别；
13. write down，记下，写下；当其宾语是名词时，可以放在两词之间也可以放在两词之后；
当其宾语是代词时，必须放在两词之间。Eg，I want to write down what you just said。
14. help …out 帮助．．．解决困难；
15. a list of 一列，一栏。
16. So it doesn’t matter how they celebrate；
有的时候是that从句作真正的主语；it is right that you came here on time；
有的时候是to do不定式做真正的主语，it is difficult for me to answer this question。
17. it is time to do sth 是该做某事的时候了
It is time for sth 某事时间到了it is time for lunch。注意：What did you have for lunch？
18. prefer A to B==like A better than B，比起B更喜欢A；
prefer doing A to doing B 比起B更喜欢做A事情；
19. it is better to do sth 做某事更好一些；其中it是形式主语，真正的主语是后面的不定式。
20. in New York there are many people who came from Ireland；这是一个定语从句；总结和复
1） 现在完成时+ since+ 过去式句子；
2） 现在完成时+since+过去时间点（如：since three years ago）；
3） It is + 时间段+ since+过去式句子/ 过去时间点；
22. Einstein, the famous scientist, was born ______March, 1892.
A in B at C on D to
21. I am waiting for my friend. ______, I will go shopping alone.
A if she comes B if she will come C if she doesn’t come D if she didn’t come
22. -----when will the party be held?
-----______two weeks’ time, ______15th July.
A in; on B in; in C on; on D in; at
23. Samaranch was born ______17 July 1920 and die of heart disease(心脏病) ______21 April 2010.
A on; on B in; on C to; on D in; in
24. ----where is the comic book?
----I brought it to you ______you were in the reading room yesterday.
A when B if C because D before
25. while I ______a Jingjiang Evening Paper in the sitting room, the telephone rang.
A was reading B read C is reading D had read
26. “Simon, I am going to Beijing with my parents tomorrow.” “______”
A have fun B best wishes C never mind D cheer up
27. try to give its meaning when you meet a new word. Don’t ______your dictionary all the time.
A work on B take on C keep on D depend on
28. we went to Hainan Island on May Day and had great fun ______in the sea.
A surf B surfs C surfing D surfed
29. I promised ______ him with his English.
A help B to help C helping
30. Do you know the man ______John?
A name B call C called D names
31. I have something to tell you. Please ______.
A write it down B write them down C write down it D write them down
32. the lights will stay off for one hour for an event ______(call) Earth Hour(地球一小时)。
33. Do you know the brave boy______ saved several classmates in the earthquake?
A who B what C which D whom
34. the men who ______(sit) in the front are Mary’s uncles.
35. she will have a holiday as soon as she ______the work next week.
A finishes B doesn’t finish C will finish
36. ______their father came home, the children stopped playing computer games.
A until B while C as soon as
37. ______he was swimming in the pool, it began to rain.
A while B before C after
38. I ______my homework while my parents ______TV at 9:00 last night.
A did; have watching B was doing; were watching C would do; were watching
39. Don’t get off the bus______ it has stopped.
A until B if C to D for
40. Don’t forget to call me when you ______(get) Shanghai tomorrow.
41. I am waiting my sister. I won’t go to see my uncle until ______.
A she comes B she will come C she doesn’t come
42. Tom will call me as soon as he ______home.
A gets B has got C got D will get
43. Be sure to let tom know the notice as soon as he ______.
A will arrive B was arriving C arrives D arrived
44. ----where was your brother at this time last night?
----he was writing an e-mail ______I was watching TV at home.
A as soon as B after C until D while
45. we won’t start the meeting ______our teacher arrives. A though B until C while
46. “ a new baby came to the earth ______ a sunny winter morning.” “how nice!” A in B on
C of D at
47. he will come here right away ______he hears the news. A so B as soon as C because D though
48. ______he is only 8 years old, he knows more about science than his father.
A but B though C so D because
49. I’m sorry. I started eating before you got here______ I was terribly hungry.
A so B since then C because D so that
50. colors can change our moods and make us ______happy or sad, energetic or sleepy.
A to feel B feeling C felt D feel
51. don’t be afraid of asking for information ______it is needed. A when B after C although D unless
52. Rose likes music ______ is quiet and gentle. A when B that C where D who 对划线部分替换)
A few B lots of C some D many
54. my grandfather was ______old ______he didn’t go to work.
A too; to B so; that C not only; but also D either; or
55. everyone in our class ______.
A enjoys to swim B enjoys swimming C enjoy swimming
56. I would like ______a glass of water. A drink B to drink C drinking D drank
57. my cat was running ______I came back home. A when B so C while D then
58. I haven’t heard from Bill ______he left here. A when B before C since D while