Unit 3 I'm more outgoing than my sister.
◆1. 初步了解形容词比较级的有关知识。 ◆2. 练习用比较级描述人和物。 ◆3.情感目标：正确评价别人，学会尊重 别人 ,与别人友好相处。
Words review outgoing adj.友好的；外向的 better 较好的，更好的（good和 well的比较级） loudly adv. 喧闹地，大声地 quietly adv. 轻声地，安静地 hard-working adj. 工作努力的 competition n. 比赛，竞赛 fantastic adj. 极好的，了不起的 which 哪一个，哪一些 clearly adv. 清晰地，明白地 win v. 获胜，赢得
◆ 1.原级，即原形 ◆ 2.比较级，翻译为“较……” “更…….一 些” ◆ 3.最高级，翻译为最“……”
一般在词尾后加-er 或-est. 如：
cold – colder – coldest
2) 以字母e结尾的词, 在词尾加-r 或-st.
nice — nicer – nicest fine--finer—finest
时, 先双写这个辅音字母, 再加-er或-est。 如: big – bigger – biggest thin – thinner – thinnest fat—fatter--fattest
4) 以“辅音字母+ y‖结尾的双音节词，
easy – easier – easiest
happy – happier – happiest
5) 多音节词和部分双音节词在词 前加more或most。如： delicious – more delicious – most delicious interesting – more interesting – most interesting beautiful – more beautiful -- most beautiful
eg. good / well – better – best
bad / badly – worse – worst
many / much – more – most
little – less – least far – farther / further – farthest/ furthest
◆一、写出下列各形容词的比较级 thinner ◆ short shorter
thin big bigger large larger
busy busier much more
beautiful more beautiful
hot hotter popular
1.比较级表示两者 (人或事物) 的比较。
eg. I am taller than Tom.
My dress is more beautiful than hers.
1. Helen is taller than Amy. 2. They are heavier than us. 3. We have longer hair than them. 4. Peter works harder than Tom. 5. Linda jumpes higher than Alice. 6. Paul runs faster than Sam. 节构：比较级+than
A + 谓语动词 + adj./adv.比较级 + than + B
Liu Xiang is tall. Pan Changjiang is short.
Liu Xiang is taller than Pan Changjiang. Pan Changjiang is shorter than Liu Xiang
Cheng Long is outgoing.
Li Yong is more outgoing. Li Yong is more outgoing than Cheng long.
The green box is smal
l. The red box is big. The red box is bigger than the green box. The green box is smaller than the red box.
long hair longer
short hair shorter
I have longer hair than him/he.
He has shorter hair than me/I.
This tree is taller than that one.
That tree is shorter than this one.
用比较级进行比较时，前后用 以对比的必须是 同类事物。 e.g. My hair is longer than hers.
Fill in the blanks with proper forms.
shorter 1.Tina is ______ (short) than Jill. bigger 2.His nose is ______ (big) than hers. larger 3.This bag is _______ (large) than that one.
4.My father is busier （busy） than my _____ mother. 5.Kate is more beautiful (beautiful) than ____________ Lily .
1. Sam has ______ (long) hair than Tom. longer 3. Tina is ______(tall) than Tara. calmer 4. Paul is shorter ______ (short) andheavier ______(heavy) than Pedro. funnier 5. I’m _______(funny) than Tara. 6. Tara is more serious serious) than Tina. ____________(
1. Helen is as tall as Amy. 2. They are as heavy as us. 3. We have as long hair as them. 4. Peter works as hard as Tom. 5. Linda jumps as high as Alice. 6. Paul runs as fast as Sam. 结构： A + 谓语动词 + as +adj./adv.原级 + as + B 其否定结构为“not as/so + adj./adv.+ as‖
1) than后面接代词时, 一般要用主格形式， 但在口语中也可使用宾格形式。 如： My brother is taller than I / me. 2) 当需要表示一方超过另一方的程度时，
可以用much, a lot, a little, a bit, even, still
能用very, so, too, quite等修饰。如：
He is much more serious than Sam. He’s a little thinner than me
My sister is tall, but my aunt is taller.
2. ―比较级＋and＋比较级”意为“越来 越……‖ 。多音节比较级用“more and
It’s getting worse and worse. The group became more and more popular. The weather is getting colder and colder.
3. ―the+比较级（…），the+比较级（…）” 意思是：“越…越… ‖如：
The more , the better.
The more you eat ,the fatter you are.
4. “Which / Who is + 比较级…？” 比较A、B两事物, 问其中哪一个较……时
Which T-shirt is nicer, this one or that one?
Who is more active, Mary or Kate?
Which one is more popular among students,
going to concerts or going to movies?
1a. Match each word with its opposite! tall thin long hair loudly
1b. Listen and number the pairs of twins [1-3] in the picture.
No, it isn’t. It’s Tina. Tina is taller than Tara. And she also sing More loudly than Tara. That’s Tara, isn’t it?
2a. Listen. Are the words in the box used with “-er/ier” or “more”? 方框中的单词带-er/ier 还是more 使用 -er/ier friendly
funny faster high hard
funny (run) fast friendly (jump) high outgoing (work) hard hard-working (get up) early smart lazy athletic
2b. Listen again. How are Tina and Tara different? Fill in the boxes.
Tina is… friendlier and funnier more outgoing than ……
Tara is… Work as hard as ……
Is Tom smarter than Sam?
No, he isn’t. Sam is smarter than Tom.
Sam is smarter than Tom. Sam is taller than Tom. Sam is funnier than Tom Tom is more athletic than Sam. Tom is thinner than Sam. 32 Tom is quieter than Sam.
◆A: Is that Sam playing the guitar? ◆B: No, that’s Tom. Sam has longer hair than Tom.
◆C: Both Tom and Sam can play the drums, but
Sam plays them better than Tom.
A: That’s Tara, isn’t it? B: No, it isn’t. It’s Tina. Tina is taller than Tara. And she also sings more loudly than
A: Is that Paul? B: No, that’s Peter. Peter’s heavier than Paul. And Paul’s shorter than Peter.
Both English and math are very important.
1. 形容词 + 名词复数
Both his brothers are in America. 2. 代词 We both like swimming. They are both reading. 3. 副词 both…and… be动词，助动词， 情态动词之后行 为动词之前
She can speak both French and English.
1. Sam has ______ (long) hair than Tom. longer shier 2. Tom is ______ (shy) than Sam. 3. Tina is ______(tall) and _____( wild) than taller wilder Tara. heavier 4. Paul is ______ (short) and ______(heavy) shorter than Pedro. 5. I’mfunnier _______(funny) than Tara. more quietly 6. Tara is ____________( quietly) than Tina.
Thank you! Goodbye!