1 He pays a lot of _________(注意) to the details. 2 Yao Ming is ____________(成功的) in his basketball career. 3 Human beings are___________(有创造力的) animals. 4 My new dress is ___________(相似的) to yours. 5 Look at the s__________ of an elephant. It's amazing. 6 We c______________ with each other mostly by e-mail. 7 We can learn by e__________ that oil and water will not mix. 8 He is f__________ with Chinese ancient history. 9 After supper his parents always go d_________ to have a walk and Tom goes u_________ to do his homework. 10--What does the s_________ say? --It says ―No e ___________‖It means you mustn’t enter the room.
11 We didn’t find Daming. Maybe he went off on his o_________. 12 He took up his _________ (位置) by the door. 13 You must pay more a _________ to your pronunciation. 14 Let’s go ___________ (楼上) to watch TV. 15 ---Did you find anything u_________ in the picture. ---No. It’s just a common (平常的) one.
16 Thomas Edison was a great i__________ .His i__________ are useful to our daily life.
17.Do you often do physics ____________ (实验) in your school?18 The ____________ (雕塑) of Venus is beautiful. 19 My mother often____________ (比较) me with my classmates.
20 The water is not fit for ____________ (人类) to drink. 21 The car is running at a ___________ (速度) of 80m/s. 22 If you paid more a___________ in class, you might actually learn something.
23 ―Sit!‖ He said, and the dog o________ him instantly. 24 He doesn’t have good _____________ (沟通) skills. 25 I think I will ___________ in (顺便来访) on you when I am free.
26 — Shall we have Indian or Chinese? — I don’t mind ___________ (两者之一的) way really.
1集中注意力于做某事__________________ 2 也 _______________3 设法弄懂,计算出____________ 4 试图,试验________________ 5.首先,最重要的是___________ 6 顺便走访某人_________________ 7 同……一样_____________ 8 等一下___________________ 9 单独离开__________________ 10 有点儿熟悉_______________11 赶快______________________ 12 对某人来说熟悉_________________ 13 某人对某物熟悉_________________ 14 做实验________________15 了解_______________ 16 (人) 把……装满……_______________ 17. (物) 装满/充满……_____________18 足够快_____________ 19 禁止进入________________ 20.禁止入内_________________ 21.禁止拍照________________ 22 禁止喧哗_______________ 23.期盼着，盼望着__________ 24.把…与…相比较 25 违反规定______________ 26.上楼_______________ 27.令人惊奇的雕塑___________ 28 难怪 29 顺便参观某地 只要 31 各种各样的32 与某人交流沟通33 有一点 三 单项选择专项训练一
1 If the lights were on, they ________ have been at home. A may B can C must D should
2 —what did he say in the letter? —He said he arrived safely and mentioned other matters ________.
A as well B too C as well as D also
3 - -―Don’t make any noise in the theatre.‖ ---―______.‖ A. Sorry, I can’t B Sorry, I won’t C Yes, I will D Yes, I won’t
4. You visit the museum_______ you have time. A. while B. as soon as C. as long as D. as much as
5._____, remember to send us your photos as soon as you get there. A. Above all B. Of all C. At all D. After all
6. Either you or he ____ the chance to give your speech at the meeting. A. have B. has C. is D. are 7 She's not asleep; her eyes are ________. A．opened B．open C．close D．closed
8 He is so ________ that nobody can ________ with him.
A strange; get along wellB nice; get along well C strange; get on badly D nice; get on
9 He likes challenges and he enjoys ________ new ideas. A trying on B trying out C trying up D trying over 10 Max is hardworking, cheerful, and ________ honest. A after all B first of all C on the whole D above all 11 —Will you drop ________ us tomorrow evening for a talk? —Sounds great! A on in B on at C in at D in on 12 Seeing the _____result, she can’t help crying. A. amaze B. amazed C. amazing D. amazes 1
13 ______ means ―Don’t play a joke.‖ A. No a joke B. Not joke C. No joking D. Not play jokes.
14 He looked forward to_____ the British Museum. A. visiting B. visit C. visited D. a visit
15 When you see the sign ―Exit‖, you know you can ______from here.
A. go in B. go out C. go upstairs D. go downstairs
16. My aunt has two children. But______ of them lives with her. A. each B. neither C. either D. both
17 Please ________ this form, giving your name, age and address. A fill with B fill in C full with D full in
18 You can______ at the museum when you stay in London.
A. drop in B. fill with C. look forward to D. visit
19 -- Lily, keep the window _____.The sandstorm hasn’t stopped yet. --Ok, I’ll do that.
A close B closed C open D opened
20 One or two man-made satellites ______ in our country every year.
A. have been sent up B. will be sent up C. is sent up D. are sent up
2 Our TV set _____ yesterday. A. is repaired B. was repaired C. had been repaired D. would be repaired
3. A new building _____ in our school next year. A. will be built B. is built C. is being built D. has been built
18. How many books _______ in your library at a time?
A .can borrow B. will borrow C. can be borrowed D. will be borrow
4. Many books on science _____ since I went to college.
A. were bought B. have been bought C, will be bought D. are bought
5 A wonderful English talk _____ by Mr. Liu tomorrow. A. has been given B. is given C. is being given D. will be given
8. _____ the work _____ yet? A. is…finished B. Will…be finished C. Has …been finished D. Would …be finished
9. This maths problem _____ out by little Tom.
A. can be easily work B. can easily be worked C. can is easily worked D. can easily worked
10. Trees _____ in winter but in spring. A. not can be planted B. can be not planted C. can’t be planted
19.-Where _______the mooncakes with nuts________? -They were so delicious.
A. did, make B. do, make C. were, made D. were make
20. We________ that there would be a talk this afternoon. A .told B. are telling C. were told D. are told
21 –Which of the twin sisters is a doctor? --____ are. A. all B. Both C. Either D. Neither
1在此处照相是违反规定的。_______ ________ _______ to take photos here．
2我没有注意你在说什么。I _______ ________ ________ _______ what you were saying．
3难怪他不饿,他整天都在吃糖果。_______ _______ he is not hungry, he has been eating sweets _______ _______． 4你熟悉棒球规则吗? _______ ________ _________ __________ the rules of baseball?
5我盼望今年寒假见到你。I _______ _________ __________ __________ this winter vacation．
6你能很容易地弄懂那个问题。You can __________ _________ the problem easily.
7爱迪生在小时候喜欢尝试新的想法。Edison liked to _________ ________ new ideas when he was a child. 8她经常晚上顺便来我们这里喝茶。She often _______ ________ _______ us for a tea in the evening．
9你必须计算出我们晚会将需要多少食物You'll have to ________ ________ how much food we need for the party． 10父母有时发现与自己的孩子沟通很困难。
Parents sometimes find _______ difficult _______ ____________ ________ their children．
11你不能指望他一个人做这件事。You can not expect him do the work _______ _________ ________.
12你不允许触摸这些展品。You ________ ________ to touch __________ _________．
13你无论何时都可以来看我。14只要你喜欢，你就可以做。You can do it 16你还有什么要问的吗？do you want to ask?
20许多人想在中央十套上尝试他们的新想法。 their new ideas on CCTV-10. 害怕) heights, so she was very nervous when she came to the top of the building.
(盼望) visiting the Great Wall these days.
(各种各样) flowers in that park.
24 Tomorrow Mr. Brown will be busy and won’t (能) come.
1.Is tea grown in South China？（改为主动语态）_______ people _________ tea in South China？
2.I am given a present by my parents every year．（同义句）A present ____ _____ _____ _____by my parents.
3. The work is going to be finished in two days. (提问) How_______ _______ the work going to be finished ?
4. The children will sing an English song. (改被动语态) An English song ______ ______ _______ by the children.
5. You needn't do it now. (改为被动语态) It ______ ________ ________ by you now.
6. People use metal for making machines. (改为被动语态) Metal ________ _________ _______making machines.
7. He asked me do that for him. (改为被动语态) I ______ ________ ________ ______ that for him.
8. They are watching the football match. The football match _______ _______ _______ by them.
9. Did they construct reconnect here a year ago? (改被动)_________ a reconnect ___________ here by them a year ago?
10. They have sold out the light green dresses. (改被动) The light green dresses _______ ________ __________ out.
11. We call the game ―Lianliankan‖.(改为被动语态) The game _______ ________ ―Lianliankan‖ by us.
12 What were they doing? I don’t know. (合并句子) I don’t know what _________ _________ doing.
13. There isn’t any water in the glass. (改为同义句) _________ _________ water in the glass.
14 His brother is not only a singer, but also an actor. (同义句)His brother is a singer _________ _________ as an actor. 15 You mustn’t tell it to anyone. (改为祈使句) Please _________ _________ it to anyone. (提问)_________ _________ can we stay in the museum?
1. ---You know so much about the Shanghai World Expo. You are familiar _______ it.
--- That’s true. In fact, it is familiar_______ everyone in our class. A. with, with B. with, to C. to, with D. to, to
2. I didn’t pay attention to _____ my teacher, so I can’t finish my homework.
A. listening to B. listen C. to help D. helping
3. Don’t touch the cup. You __________ touch it by your hands. A. must B. mustn’t C. can D. can’t
4. This week I am going to ____ on my grandmother in the countryside.
A. drop in B. drop down C. take in D. take down
5. The maths problem was so difficult that none of us could _____.A try it out B work it out C send it out D find it out
6. The man has no child and wife, so he lives_________. A. in his own B. on his own C. by his own D. at his own
7. The girl has _______ to the airport to see her parents. A. gone off B. took off C. sent off D. showed off
8.-______! Didn’t you see the sign ―No touching!‖? -Sorry，I didn’t see it.
A. Try out B. Come on C. Hurry up D. Hang on a minute
9.-Do you know Li Jun well? -Yes, he and I _______friends since we met in Guangzhou last summer.
A .have made B. have become C. have been D .have turned
10. We are not allowed __________ the old collections. A. to touch B. touch C. touching D. touches
11. --- A new idea should be _________first before we decide whether it is good or not. --- I agree.
A. tried out B. looked out C. sold out D. made out
12. ---Do you think the Launch Pad is _____ the Rocket Show in the Science Museum? -- No. I prefer the Rocket Show.
A. much interesting B. less interesting than C. as interesting as D. the most interesting of
13. --- Linda and Jenny work hard all the time. ---- So ________ of them always does well in the exams.
A. none B. all C. both D. either
14. ---―Hi, where are you going? See what the sign _______!‖ ----―Sorry, I __________it.‖
A. speaks; don’t notice B. says; don’t notice C. speaks; didn’t notice C. says; didn’t notice
15.______ it______ when you got home yesterday? A. Does, rain B. Did, rain C. Is, raining D. Was raining
16. There are many shops on ____ side of the street. We can buy everything we want. A. both B. all C. either D. every
17. — Can you show me the _____ of your school on the map? — Sure. It’s here, next to the park.
A. position B. shape C. direction D. height
18 The maths problem was so difficult that none of us could ______ A try it out B work it out C look it up D work on it
19. As students, ____, we should study hard to be well prepared for the future.
A. at all B. in all C. after all D. above all
20. There are lots of mistakes in my homework because I didn’t pay attention to ____ the teacher.
A. listen B. listening to C. listening D. listen to
1 The ruler ________ (use) since I began my school life.2 A lot of tall buildings________ (build) in the last few years. 3 What kinds of ________ (exhibition) are on display in the museum?
4 My mobile phone _________ (steal) on a bus last week. 5 ______ the magazine _______ (can take) out of the library? 6 Must your homework _________ (finish) on time every day?
7 ______ (visit) the museum is helpful to our study. 8 She ______ (be) in Hainan since two years ago.
9 He likes reading books ______ (write) by Luxun. 10 The small river _______ (dry) up since last year.
11. Look at the sign! There’s no ________ (listen) to the music here.
12 Great changes __________ (take) place in the last ten years.
13 Did you see the sign ―No ________ (swim). 14 We _________ (not allow) to talk loudly in the reading room. 15 The small hotel has a lot _______ (offer): hot water, drinks and snacks.
16 Everyone is looking forward to_________ (go) to Beijing in 2008.
17 We aren’t allowed __________ (eat) anything in the school library.
18 A beautiful horse __________ (draw) by John the next day.
19 ---What did you do just now? ---I___________ (tell) __________ (hand) in my composition.
Washington D.C. is the capital of the United States. It's the center of national government. It's a busy, working city with a large population. But what is more, Washington is also a city of history and culture.
Washington was created in 1790, when Congress（the highest law-making body of the USA）decided to place the nation's new capital in the east of the country. It was built half-way between the northern and southern states of America. And of course it was named after George Washington, the first President of the United States.
There are many tourist sights in Washington. Perhaps the most important tourist sight is the Capital Building. This house is the Congress.
Another world-famous building in Washington is the White House. This is the home and office of the President of the United States. Most visitors are, however, surprised by how small the White House actually is.
Washington is also a great culture city. The Library of Congress contains one of the largest library collections in the world. The Smithsonian Museum holds the nation's largest collection of cultural materials. And the John F. Kennedy Center is a famous center of art and culture. There are many great musical and theatre performances throughout the year.
1 The writer mainly talks about ________. A Washington B the history of Washington
C buildings and sights in Washington D the history and culture of Washington
2 From the passage we know Washington is situated（坐落）in ________.
A .the east of the U. S. A. B the center of the U. S. A.
C the east, on the middle point from north to south, of the country D the east and half-way away from the north 3 The White House impresses（给……印象）the people most for ________.
A its white color B its size C it is the home and office of the president D its history
4 The passage mentions ________ buildings. A six B．five C four D three
5 The writer introduces Washington in the order of ________. A population, history and culture
B history and culture C history, sights and culture D history, sights, buildings and culture