人教课标版 高二 选修6 Unit 2
1. There are various reasons why
people write poetry. 一首诗 a poem
1) various: different, its root is vary.
2) poetry is a collective noun, used as
an uncountable noun.
2. Some poems tell a story or describe something in a way that will give the reader a strong impression.
[翻译] 有些诗讲述一个故事，或者描述某 件事情，这样给读者留下强烈的印象。 [点拨] 该句中的in a way意为“用一种方 式”，由于way后接一个that引导的定语 从句且在从句中作主语，故在此理解为 “用一种能给读者留下强烈的印象的方 式”。
如： We should help the poor student in a way that won’t hurt his self-respect. 我们应该以一种不伤害到这个贫困生 的自尊的方式来帮助他。
3. Others try to convey certain
Some … others…/One… the other
1) convey: to make ideas, feelings, etc, known to sb. Colors like red convey a sense of energy and strength. Body language conveys much more
information than language spoken.
2). emotion 情绪 emotional 易动感情的
kinds of feelings:
忧伤 sorrow sadness 乡愁 homesickness 悲伤 grief 憎恨 hatred
幸福 happiness 爱 love 喜欢 fondness 热情 enthusiasm 激情 passion
4. …are still a common type of children’s poetry. common existing in large numbers or in many places 常见的, 普遍的 usual happen most of the time or in most cases 惯常的 normal of what you would expect 正常的
common spelling mistakes
5….they delight small children because… delight 1) n. 欢喜, 高兴, 愉快; 爱好的事物, 嗜好 习惯搭配: with delight 高兴地,欣然; e.g.拜读大函, 至感欣慰. I read your letter _______________. with great delight 习惯搭配: to one’s delight 令人高兴的是… 儿子通过考试令我大感欣慰。 _________________, To my great delight my son passed the examination.
2) v. 使欢喜, 使高兴, 使快乐 他讲的笑话使大家很开心。 _______________________________. His joke delighted everyone 习惯搭配: delight +n.+(with+n) 以……逗人高
e.g.他时常以魔术逗他的小孩高兴。 ______________________________________. He often delighted his children with his magic 习惯搭配: delight+in +n. 喜欢…… e.g. 那个老人喜欢听爵士乐。 __________________________________. The old man delighted in (listening to) jazz
6. We would have won if Jack had scored that goal. score v. 得分 1) to win points or goals in a game or a competition Yao Ming scored 23 points in the first quarter. 2) gain marks in an exam
She scored 98 out of 100.
score n. 二十 score与数词many, several 等连用时, 不加 “s”, 所修饰的名词前常省去 “of” two score of people 中应加of , 但three score and ten people 中不加
of，scores of people 指”许多人” 。
7. We would have won if we hadn’t
taken it easy.
1) relax and avoid working too hard
2) used to tell a person not to worry.
1) We would have won if we hadn’t taken it easy. __________________________________。 如果我们没有放松警惕，我们本来会夺冠 2) 今天你做的工作足够了，现在休息一小 时． You have done quite enough work for today; __________________________.hour now take it easy for an The doctor said that Bob would have to take things easy for a while after he had his tonsils (扁桃体) out.
坐下，放松 _____________________ Sit down and take it easy.
8. if we hadn’t run out of energy.
I have run out of money.
My money has run out.
run out of patience
1) 汽油快用完了。 The petrol __ ________ ____. is running out 2) 我们剩下的时间不多了。 We are running out of our time. 拓展：use up 设法利用，用尽材料等 3) 我把所有的钱都用光了。
I ____ ______ ____ all my money. have used up
辨析 run out 与 run out of ? sth. run out vi. (某物)被用完了，其主 语通常为时间，食物，金钱等物。 (没有 被动) ?sb. run out of sth. vt. （某人）用完了 （某物） 主语一般是人。 His money soon ran out. He is always running out of money before payday. I have ___________ my oil. run out of Our ink has __________. run out
[考点1] if引导的虚拟条件句与过去事实 相反，从句的谓语用“had +过去分词”， 主句的谓语用“would / should / could / might + have +过去分词”。 [考例1] _____ he had not hurt his leg, John would have won the race. (2007全国 卷II) A. If B. Since C. Though D. When [点拨] 根据主、从句的谓语动词的形式 可以看出，这是一个与过去事实相反的if 虚拟语气，故选A。
[考例2] They _____ two free tickets to Canada, otherwise they’d never have been able to afford to go. (山东2007) A. had got B. got C. have got D. get [点拨] otherwise they’d never have been able ...这一句用了与过去事实相反的虚 拟语气；但是“他们弄到了两张去加拿 大的免费票”却是事实，所以用一般过 去时。
[考点2] run out of 是及物短语，后接宾语， 表示“用完……”，而run out是不及物短 语，表示“被用完”。 [考例] The photographer needs to charge up the digital camera every day as the battery _____ quickly. (上海2005春) A. shuts up B. ends up C. runs out D. turns out [点拨] 根据主句的句意“摄影师需要每天 给数码相机充电”，可知电池很快用完了， 故选C。shut up关闭，关紧；end up结束； turn out关掉。
9. A fallen blossom is coming back to the branch. [考点] branch在此意为“树枝”，它还可意 为“分部；分行”。 [考例]
The head office of the bank is in Beijing, but it has ___ all over the country. (辽宁2005) A. companies B. branches C. organizations D. businesses [点拨] 根据前半句的句意“这家银行的总部 在北京”可知后半句是说“但是它在全国有 分行”，故选B。
10. Snow having melted, the whole
village is brimful of happy children.
=As snow has melted, the whole
village is … melt, melted, melted/molten be brimful of = be full of
11. make up (of) 形成、构成或组成某物 被动形式：be made up of 1) 一支足球队由11个队员组成。 Eleven players _____ _____a football team. make up is made up of = A football team ____ ______ ____ ___ 11 players.
is made up of Society ____ _____ _____ ____ people of widely different abilities.
英国是由4个主要部分组成的。 The United Kingdom is made up of four main parts.
make up for 弥补… make sense 有意义 make use of 利用 make full / good use of make up one’s mind make out 辨认出，理解 make progress 取得进步 make a promise 许诺 make sure 确保
12. Should the journeyer return, this stone would utter speech. [考点] 当if引导的虚拟条件句中有had, were, should时，可将if省去，将had, were, should提前，构成倒装语序。 [考例] _____ fired, your health care and other benefits will not be immediately cut off. (湖北2006) A. Would you be B. Should you be C. Could you be D. Might you be
[点拨] 根据句意“如果你被炒了，你 的医疗保险和其他利益并不会立即被 取消。”可知这是一个与将来事实相 反的虚拟语气，只有当if从句中含有 had, were, should这三个词时才构成倒 装语序，故选B。
I. 根据下列各句句意及所给单词的首字母 或汉语提示，写出各单词的正确形式。 1. Our English teacher asked each of us to poem write a p______ (诗) after class. 2. My poetry (诗集) was published last p______ year. 3. Parents always give their children names rhyme that r______: Donnie, Ronnie, Connie.
4. Six weeks later we heard, to our great sorrow s______, that he had died. 5. She wore a pair of ________ (钻石) diamond earrings at last night’s party.
II. 根据句意, 选择适当的单词或短语并 用其适当形式填空。 1. poet; poem; poetry a. As a piece of ______, it seems to be a poetry selection of Renaissance. poet b. He is both a soldier and a ______. c. I decided to write a ______ about what poem I felt.
2. run out; run out of a. By the time his patience had completely ______. run out run out of b. Unluckily, we have __________ gas when we are still on the highway.
3. be made up of; be made of; be made from is made up of a. The medicine team _______________ 5 doctors and 10 nurses. is made from b. This kind of paper _____________ wood. was made of c. The bridge ____________ stones over a century ago. 4. translate into; translate from a. “Re
d Mansion Dream” has been translated into ______________ several languages. translated from b. This text is _________________ one of Shakespeare’s famous works.
III. 每空填一词, 使该句与所给句子的意 思相同。 1. The doctor told me to relax when examined. The doctor told me to ____ ___ ____ take it easy when examined. 2. I have used up my money. Please lend me some. I ____ ____ ____of have run out ____ my money. Please lend me some.
3. The football team consists of 11 players. The football team __ ____ ___ ___ 11 is made up of players. 4. I failed in the exam. That’s because I didn’t study hard. ____ ______ ___ I failed in the exam was The reason why ______ I didn’t study hard. that 5. People write poems for various reasons. People write poems for __ ____ ___ a variety of reasons.
IV. 根据括号内所给的提示将下列句子翻 译成英语。 1. 他讲了一些笑话, 使观众很开心. (delight) He delighted the audience by telling some jokes. 2. 医生叫我休息几周。(take it easy) The doctor told me to take it easy for a few weeks.
3. 这是一种很受说英语的人欢迎的日本诗。 (be popular with)
It is a Japanese form of poetry that is very popular with English speakers.
4. 我们的汽油昨天就用完了。(run out of) We ran out of petrol yesterday.
5. 这个团体是由医生和教师组成的。 (make up of)
The group is made up of doctors and teachers. 6. 她的书已经被译成了10种语言。 (translate ... into) Her book has been translated into 10 languages.
V. 单项选择 1. Nowadays sending e-mails to each other is a way many a student _____ what they think. A. conveys B convey B. C. account D. accounts 2. The reason why the manager adapted to the new situations quickly is that he has a ______ attitude. A. movable B. flexible C. changeable D alternative D.
3. –Mon, I just can’t fall asleep thinking of the interview tomorrow. --________ You are sure to make it. A. Don’t lose heart. B. Take it easy. B C. Take your time. D. What’s up.
4. In many American universities, the total work for a degree ______ thirty-six courses, each ______ for one semester. B A. is consisted of; last B. consists of, lasting C. is made up of; lasts D. make up of; lasting 5. Snooker superstar Ding Junhui owns his great success to many people, his father _______. A. in turn B in particular B. C. in returns D. in peace
6. The reason _____ he was ill that day was actually made up by his brother. In fact, the reason ______ he was absent was ____ he went to see a film. A A. that; why; that B. for which; why that C. that; why; because D. why; that; because 7. –How did you learn to drive? --______ strict obedience to my coach. D A. Give B. Giving C. Given D. By giving
8. –George, what do you think of the plan? – ______ I accept the plan is not perfect, I do actually like it. A. When B. Since C While D. Which C.