Unit 4 What’s the best movie theater?
形容词最高级前要加the，后面通常带of (in)短语来说明比较的范围(of 后的名词或代词表示与主语属同一类；in 表示时间或空间范围)。
He is __________ ( tall) _____ our class. 他在我们班上他最高。
Mary is __________ (young) ______ the three students. 玛丽是这三个学生中最小的。
1、单音节词和部分双音节词一般 –est strong- strongest fast- fastest
2、以不发音的e结尾， 加-st nice- nicest, large- largest
3、以辅音加y结尾,改y为i, -est happy-happiest
4、辅音字母结尾的重读闭音节词，双写末尾的辅音字母，-est thin- thinnest
5、多音节词，和部分双音节词，在词的前面加most outgoing- most outgoing
6、不规则变化：good/well —best, many/much— most, bad/badly/ill— worst, little —least, old—oldest/eldest, far— farthest(furthest)。
1. 最高级用于三者或三者以上的比较，副词最高级前定冠词the 可以省略，后面可以带of (in) 短语来说明比较的范围。
句型为：―A+ 动词+ (the) + 副词最高级+of (in)…‖。例如： She runs fastest of the three. 她是三人中跑得最快的。
She works (the) hardest in her class. 她是她们班上学习最用功的。
2. Which (who) +动词+(the) +副词最高级, A, B or C? 表示三个或三个以上的人或事物中―哪一个最……‖。例如：
Which runs fastest, a car, a train or a plane? 汽车，火车和飞机，哪一样跑得最快？
下列词或短语可修饰最高级：by far, far, much, mostly, almost。例如： This hat is nearly / almost the biggest. 这帽子差不多是最大的了。
注意： a. very可修饰最高级，但位置与much不同
This is the very best. = This is much the best.
Africa is the second largest continent. 非洲是第二大洲。
Mike is the most intelligent in his class. 马克是班上最聪明的。
= Mike is more intelligent than any other students in his class.
Greg: Hi, I’m Greg. I’m ______ in town.
Helen: Hi, I’m Helen. Welcome to the ______! How do you like it so ______? Greg: It’s fantastic, but I still don’t really know my way ______.
Helen: Well, the best ______ is on Center Street. You can buy the freshest food there. Greg: Oh, great. Is there a cinema around here? I love______ movies.
Helen: Yes, Sun Cinema is the______ one. You can sit the most ______ because they
have the biggest seats.
Greg: Thanks for ______ me.
Helen: No ______.
1、What does Greg think of the town? How do you like it?
2、Which is the best supermarket in town? Why？
3、Where can Greg watch movies?
Everyone is good at ______, but some people are ______talented. It’s always interesting to watch other people ______ their talents. Talent shows are getting more and ______ popular. All these shows have one thing in ______: They try to look for the best singers, the most ______ dancers, the most exciting magicians, the funniest actors and so on. That’s ______to you to ______ who’s the winner. Some people enjoy watching these shows. ______, some think the lives of the performers are______ ______. But if you don’t take them too ______, they are ______to watch. One great thing is that they give people a way to make their dreams ______ ______. 四、3a巩固练习
crowded creative good fast quietly
Greenwood Park is the best place to go to on weekends. I always finish my breakfast _____________on Saturdays because I went to get to Greenwood Park before 10:00 a.m. to meet my friends. The park is _________________ place on weekends because almost everyone goes there to see the street performers. Some people think they are boring, but I think they are _________________ people.
However, the place where you can enjoy your time _________________ is at one of the small coffee shops near the park. You can read or relax there. There is something for everyone at Greenwood Park.
1、be good at … 擅长… (＝ do well in)
I’m good at English. 我擅长英语。
The man is good at swimming. 这个男人擅长游泳。
反义短语：be poor / weak in 在...方面弱;不擅长…
1. is、 at、good、 He、basketball、 playing
2. am、I、not、 at、 reading、good
3. We、 riding、are、at、bikes、good
4. Are、singing、at、good、you (?)
5. are、you、What、at、good (?)
be good for ―对……有益‖，后跟人或事物；其反义短语是be bad for。 Running is good for your health. 跑步对健康有好处。
be good to ―对……好(和善；慈爱)‖，相当于 be friendly to，后面通常接人。
A father should be good to his children. 父亲对孩子应该慈爱。 用适当的介词填空。
1. Mrs Green is good ______ students.
2. This girl is good ______ music.
3. I think morning exercises are good ______ us.
2、make up 编造（故事、谎言等）
Don't make up a story. 不要捏造事实。
The boy made up a story; it is not true.这个故事不是真的, 是那个男孩编造出来的。
make a wish 许愿 make friends 结交朋友 make (one’s) bed 铺床
make soup 做汤 make faces 做鬼脸 make cakes 做蛋糕
make noises 制造噪音 make paper 造纸 make money 赚钱
3、take … seriously 认真对待……
take 在此处有consider(认为，觉得)的意思。take someone/something seriously 相当于―认真对待某人或某事；把某人或者某事当真‖的意思。
如：He was joking, but your sister took him seriously.他是在开玩笑，但你姐姐却当真了。
Something teachers take student’s homework too seriously.有时候老师们把学生作业看的太重。
seriously adv. 严肃地; 认真地; 严重地
He looked into her eyes seriously.他严肃地盯着她的眼睛。
Let's talk seriously about your future.咱们认真地谈谈你的将来吧。 He was seriously injured in the traffic accident.他在车祸中受了重伤。 serious adj. 严肃的；严重的；认真的
1. It has the biggest screens. 它有最大的屏幕。
【解读】句中biggest 是big的最高级。形容词的最高级用于三者或三者以上的比较。 最高级的前面一般要加定冠词the, 后面可带of/in短语来说明比较的范围。
【举例】（1）It’s the most expensive car in the world. 它是世界上最昂贵的汽车。
（2）Whose drawing is the best of all? 在所有的人当中谁的画最好？
（1） all the boys in his class, Tom is the shortest.
A. In B. For C. From D. Of
（2）--Which is , the sun, the moon or the earth? –Of course the sun is.
A. smaller B. the smallest C. bigger D. the biggest
（3）China is one of countries in the world.
A. the most beautiful B. most beautiful C. beautiful D. more beautiful
2. What’s the best clothes store in town？镇上最好的服装店是哪家？
【解读1】clothes是复数名词，没有单数形式，意为“服饰，衣服”，统指身上的各种服装，不能直接与数词连用。但可以和many, these, my 等词连用，
【举例】（1）My clothes are worn out. 我的衣服穿破了。
（1）We have enough food and ________ for the winter.
（2）She’s got many beautiful ________.
（3）How much ________ will I need to make a pair of trousers?
【解读2】in town意为“在城镇里”，一般情况下，town之前不加任何冠词或修饰成分。而“在城市里”用“in the city”来表示，“在乡村里”用in the country或in the countryside来表示。
【举例】（1）Do you like living in town or in the city? 你喜欢住在镇里还是城市里？
I like living in the country better than ________ ________ .
3. I think Miller’s is the best. 我认为米勒服装店是最好的。
【解读】句中Miller’s=Miller’s store(shop)。 表示家、店、室（home, shop/store, office）等所有的名称，常常省略中心词，仅保留前面的名词所有格。
【举例】the doctor’s =the doctor’s office 医生办公室
My grandmother is ill and she is ________ ________ ________now.
4. How do you like it so far？到目前为止你觉得这里怎样？
【解读1】How do you like sth./sb. ? 的同义句为：What do you think of sth./sb.?或How/What about sth./sb.? 表示征求别人的意见或询问对某事的看法。
【举例】（1）What do you think of the movie?=How do you like the movie?=What/How about the movie? 你觉得这部电影怎么样？
【解读2】so far表示“到目前为止；迄今为止”= until now/ up to now
（1）--How do you like the new TV play? --________ .
A. That’s right B. It’s interesting C. Of course D. I’d love to
(2) ________ we have learned 5,000 English words.
A. So far B. From far C. As far D. Far from
5. You can sit the most comfortably because they have the biggest seats. 你可以坐得最舒服，因为他们有最大的座位。
【解读】comfortably 作副词，意为“舒适地”修饰动词sit,其形容词是comfortable,反义词是uncomfortably“不舒服地‖。其比较级、最高级分别为more comfortably， most comfortably。seat 是可数名词，意为“座；座位”，构成的短
语是：have/take a seat。
【举例】（1）I like this seat, because I can sit the most comfortably. 我喜欢这个座位，是因为我能坐得最舒服。
（2）Please take my seat, Grandma. 老奶奶，请坐我的座位。
（1）--Which cinema has ______ seats, Town Cinema, Screen City or Movie World?
--Movie World. You can sit ______ .(comfortable).
6. – Thank you for telling me. 谢谢你告诉我。 --No problem. 不客气。
【解读】thank sb.for doing sth.表示“感谢某人做某事”。No problem.表示“没什么，不客气”，用来回答感谢或道歉，也可表示“没问题，小事一桩”，用来回答别人的请求。
【举例】（1）Thank you for helping me with English.感谢你帮助我学英语。
（2）--Mary，thanks for your help. --玛丽，谢谢你的帮助。 – No problem. --不客气。
(1) Thanks for ______ me your photo.
A. send B. sending C. to send D. sent
(2) –Can you make a snowman for me? -- ______.
A. Not bad B. No problem C. Great D. Not too bad
7. My cousin Li Jing is the funniest person I know. 我表妹李晶是我所认识的最有趣的人。
【解读1】句中I know 是省略了引导词that的定语从句，修饰person，并且person前的修饰词是最高级, that即可以代人也可以带物。
【举例】The tallest player that plays football for our team is from Shandong. 在为我们队踢足球的最高那个运动员来自山东。
(1) This man is one of the oldest persons ________ live in the village.
A. who B. whom C. that D. /
【解读2】fun与interesting 两个形容词都有“有趣的”之意。但fun指“供人娱乐的；令人愉快的”；还可用作不可数名词，意为“嬉戏；享乐；乐趣”。而interesting 强调事物本身的“有趣”。
【举例】（1）He is a fun person to be with. 与他相处很有趣。
（2）We had fun last night. 昨晚我们玩得很开心。
（3）This story is very interesting. 这个故事很有趣。
（1）We had a lot of________ at Sarah's party. 我们在萨拉的聚会上玩得很开心。
（2）It is an ________ movie. 这是一部有趣的电影。
（3）Tom often makes us laugh. He is the ________ student in our class.
8. most boring 最无聊的
【解读】boring 是形容词，意为“无聊的；乏味的；单调的”，与dull同义。dull的比较级是duller, 最高级是dullest。boring的比较级是more boring, 最高级是most boring。
【举例】（1）He is the most boring man I know. 他是我所认识的最烦闷的人。
（2）This movie is more boring than that one. 这部电影比那部无聊。
（1）Which subject is ________ , English, math or Chinese?
A. boring B. more boring C. the most boring D. the boringest
9. I couldn’t stop laughing. 我忍不住大笑。
【解读】stop laughing意为“停止大笑”。stop的用法有：stop doing sth. ―停止做某事‖； stop to do sth. ―停下来去做某事‖。
【举例】（1）It’s going to rain. Let’s stop working and go home. 天要下雨了，我们停止工作回家吧。
（2）The bell is ringing. Let’s stop to have a class. 铃响了，我们停下来上课吧。
（1）--Why did you stop ________ ?
--We want to listen to you sing a song.
A. sing B. singing C. to sing D. sings
(2) The teacher came into the classroom and all the students stopped ________ .
A. having the class B. to have the class C. have the class D. to having the class
10. It’s always interesting to watch other people show their talents. 看别人展示他们的才能总是有趣的。
【解读1】本句为不定式做主语，不定式做主语时常用it作形式主语，而将真正的主语放在句末，其结构为It’s +adj+for sb+to do sth。
【举例】（1）It’s hard for me to dance well. 对我来说跳好舞是困难的。
【解读2】watch为感官动词，意为“观看；注视”，其后可以接动名词也可接动词原形作宾语补足语。但有区别，watch sb.do sth.表示“观看某人做某事”，所做的事为经常发生或已做过的事情；watch sb. doing sth.表示“观看某人正在做某事”，强调所做的事正在进行中。同watch 这种结构一样的还有：see, look at, notice, hear等动词。
【举例】（1）I often hear my sister sing songs in her room. 我经常听见我妹妹在房间里唱歌。
（2）Listen! I hear her singing songs now. 听！我听见她正在唱歌呢。
（1）He loves to watch the young people________ basketball every evening.
A. play B. playing C. to play D. plays
(2) –Is Jack in the library? --Maybe. I saw him ________ out with some books just now.
A. going B. go C. to go D. Went
11. Talent shows are getting more and more popular. 才艺表演变得越来越流行。
【解读1】talent shows 意为“才艺表演”。talent 是名词，其形容词为talented, 意为“有才干的”。
【举例】（1）She is a talented performer. I often watch her talent show. 她是个有才能的表演者，我经常观看她的才艺表演。
【解读2】本句为现在进行时态，get在此表示“变得”，为系动词，其后接形容词作表语；more and more popular 意为“越来越受欢迎”。 形容词比较级重复使用，中间用“and”连接，意为“越来越……”。
【举例】（1）The hole is getting bigger and bigger. 这个洞变得越来越大了。
（2）The population problem is becoming more and more serious. 人口问题正变得越来越严重。
(1) She is really a ______ girl and often shows her great ______ in the school play.
A. talented; talented B. talented; talent C. talent; talented D. talent; talent
(2)We hope our life can get ________ .
A. best and best B. better and better C. good and good D. well and well
12. That’s up to you to decide. When people watch the show, they usually play a role in deciding the winner. 那由你来决定。当人们观看表演时，他们通常在决定获胜者方面发挥作用。
【解读1】That’s/It’s up to sb. to do sth.表示“由某人决定干某事”。常用于口语交际中。
【举例】--What would you like for dinner? —晚饭吃什么？
--That’s up to you. –由你来定。
【解读2】play a role in sth./doing sth.意为“在……方面发挥作用”。
【举例】Tom played a role in the basketball match. 汤姆在这场篮球比赛中发挥了作用。
（1）谁可以参加莉莉的生日聚会，那要由她来决定。Who can join Lily’s
birthday party? That’s ________ to her ________ ________ .
Do you think a good teacher will ______ a ______ ______ our grades?
13. However，the place where you can enjoy your time the most quietly is at one of the small coffee shops near the park. 然而，你可以最安静地享受时光的地方是在公园附近的其中一家小咖啡店。
【解读】句中where you can…是一个定语从句，在句中作place的定语，引导词where在定语从句中作状语，表示地点。one of 表示“……之一”，后接复数名词或代词宾格形式，作主语时谓语动词用单数。
【举例】（1）This is the town where I lived. 这就是我居住的城镇。
（2）One of them is good at English。他们当中的一个擅长英语。
（3）Beijing is one of the oldest cities in China。北京是中国最古老的城市之一。
（1）这就是我两年前工作的农场。 This is the farm ________ I worked two years ago.
（2）集邮是我的爱好之一。 Collecting stamps is one of my ________ .
（3）我的其中一个朋友居住在纽约。One of my friends ________ in New York.
1. tall _______ 2. quiet _______ 3. funny ________ 4. heavy_______
5. thin__________ 6. big _______ 7. outgoing _____________ 8. wild ______
9. little _______ 10. well ________ 11. bad ______ 12. many _____
1. Mount Qomolangma (珠穆朗玛峰) is the __________ mountain in the world.
2. Changjiang River is the _________ river in China.
3. Pacific Ocean (太平洋) is the ___________ ocean in the world.
4. The falls of Jiuzhaigou (九寨沟瀑布) are the _________ falls in the world.
5. Blue Whale (蓝鲸) is the ________ animal in the world.
6. Giraffe is the _________ animal in the world.
7. Hummer (蜂鸟) is the ___________ bird in the world.
8. The Great Wall is the _________ wall in the world.
9. Humans(人类) are the _________ animal in the world.
10. China has the ____________ people in the world.
11. Paris is one of the _______________ cities in the world.
1. We went to the _________ (bad) restaurant in town last night. The menu had only 10 dishes and the service was not good at all!
2. Blue Moon is _________ (good), but Miller’s is ________ (good) in town.
3. The Big Screen is ________ (expensive) than most cinemas, but Cinema City is ________ (expensive).
4. Movie City has the ________ (bad) service, but we can sit the ________ (comfortably) there.
5. Johnny Depp acted the _______ (good) in that movie. He’s much _______ (good) than others at finding the ________ (interesting) roles.
1. Paul is very _______ . He is ________ than his brother .
A. heavy --- heavier B. heavy --- heavy C. heavier --- heavier D. heavy---heavyer
2. It has the ________ clothing store in the town.
A. goodest B. gooddest C. best D. better
3. This ruler is ____ than that one.
A. long B. longer C. the longest D. longest
4. This book is ____ of all.
A. cheapest B. cheap D. cheaper D. the cheapest
5. He is much ____ than his brother.
A. taller B. tall C. the tallest D. tallest
6. Li Lei is ____ older than Lucy.
A. quite B. very C. much D. More
7. This is one of ____ films of this year.
A. more exciting B. Exciting C. the most exciting D. most exciting
8. The weather in Beijing is colder than_____.
A. in Guangzhou B. Guangzhou C. that in Guangzhou D. that
9. Tom is ____ of the two boys.
A. taller B. tallest C. the taller D. the tallest
10. Of my parents, my father looks_____.
A.old B. older C. the oldest D. the older
11. This clothing store is ____ than that one.
A. bad B. worse C. the worst D. worst
【2012 湖北黄石】34.The _____ you work at your lessons, the _____ results you will get.
A. hard; good B. harder; good C. hard; better D. harder; better
【2012广西玉林】33. -Peter is _____ than you, right?
-Yes, but he is _____ runner in our class.
A. heavier; best B. heavy; the best C. heavier; the best D. heavy; better
【2012天津】36. Who listens _________, Tom, Jack or Bill?
A. the most carefully B. more carefully C. the most careful
D. more careful
【2012黔西南】13. - Which city has ________ population, Beijing, Guiyang or Xingyi?
- Xingyi, of course.
A. the largest B. the smallest C. the most D. the least
【2012福建福州】36. Shu-How Lin is now one of ________ basketball players in the NBA.
A. popular B. more popular C. the most popular