I like music that I can dance to.
Words and expressions prefer v. 更喜爱; 更喜欢 lyric n. 歌词; 抒情词句 gentle adj. 轻的; 低的
What kind of music do you like? I like music that …
Look and say
A: What kind of music do you like? _________________ B: I like music that I can dance to ________________.
A: What kind of music do you like ___________________________? B: I like music that I can sing along with ______________________.
A: What kind of music do you like ___________________________? I like music that has great lyrics B: ____________________________.
1a What kind of music do you like? Look at the picture and circle the sentences you agree with. Then write your own sentence.
1b Listen. Check (√) the kinds of music Tony and Betty like. Music Music that that I can has great dance to lyrics Music that I can sing along with
A: What kind of music does Tony like? B: He likes music that…
1c Pairwork Talk about the music you like. A: What kind of music do you like? B: I like music that I can sing along with. What about you? A: I prefer music that has great lyrics.
Who’s your favorite singer? What kind of singers do you love? I love singers who write their own music. Jay is one of them.
2a Listen and circle “T” (for true)or “F” (for false).
1. Carmen likes musicians who play different kinds of music. T 2. Xu Fei likes Dan Dervish. F 3. Carmen likes music that’s loud. T 4. Xu Fei prefers groups that play quiet and gentle songs. T
2b Listen again. Complete the sentences.
About The Modern About Dan Dervish
Xu Fei says
1. I prefer groups that play quiet and gentle songs.
3. I like musicians who write their _______________ _______________ own songs.
4. I like musicians who play different _______________ _______________ kinds of music.
Carmen 2. I love music ______________ that’s really loud says and energetic. ______________
Guessing game 1. What is the animal that has a long nose? 2. What is it that can be used for drinking water? 3. It is an animal that has a long neck. what is it? 4. He is an actor who is in ShaoLin Temple. Who is he? 5. It is a place that can cook food. What is it?
prefer v. 更喜爱，更喜欢 choose sth. rather than sth. else; like sth. better 1) prefer + n. eg. I prefer groups that play quiet and gentle songs. 我更喜欢演唱轻柔音乐的组合。 Jennifer prefers musicians who write their own lyrics. 珍妮弗更喜欢自己作词的音乐人。
2) prefer sth. to sth. 比……更喜欢…… Which would you prefer, coffee or milk? 咖啡和牛奶，你喜欢哪一个？ I prefer milk to coffee. 与咖啡相比，我更喜欢牛奶。 I prefer walking to cycling. 我喜欢步行，不喜欢骑自行车。 3) prefer to do sth. 宁愿做某事 She prefers to be alone at home. 她宁愿独自在家。
What kind of music do you like? I like music
that I can sing along with. Rosa likes music that’s quiet and gentle. I love singers who write their own music. We prefer music that has great lyrics.
根据句意及首字母提示完成单词。 1. His father p refers apples to bananas. _____ 2. You must learn this article by h eart ___. 3. I d islike this book because it’s very ____ boring. 4. Your aunt r ______ me of my aunt in eminds Paris. 5. Most old people like g entle and quiet ____ music. 6. My sister likes music that has great l yrics ____.
用“who”或“that”填空。 1. The man _____ is talking with my who mother is my father. 2. That book is the one ____ I bought that yesterday. who 3. He is one of the workers ____ been saved in that accident. 4. They talked of the things and persons _____ they remembered in the factory. that 5. All _____ can be done must be done. that
Translate and write them down. 1. Mary 丢了她上周买的那本书。 Mary lost the book that she bought last week. 2. 说英语很好的那个女孩来自纽约。 The girl who speaks English very well comes from New York.
3. 你认识正在看报的那个男孩吗？ Do you know the boy who is reading the newspaper? 4. 迈克昨天看的那部电影很有趣。 The film that Mike saw yesterday was very interesting.