2 0 1 3年秋学期期末考试九年级
1. How does her father go to work?
2. Where is the woman’s pen friend from?
3. What does the woman want to drink?
4. What is Li Lei’s favorite sport?
5. When will the woman take the history exam?
A. Next Monday. B. On Tuesday.
C. On Thursday.
6. How many people will have dinner together? A. Five.
C. 483 yuan.
7. How much is a double room for a night? A. 383 yuan. 8. Where are they? A. At the doctor’s.
9. Where did the girl want to go? A. Theatre.
B. At school.
B. Cinema. B. 386 yuan.
C. On the street.
C. The coffee.
10. Which is cheaper, the orange juice or the coffee? A. The orange juice.
B. They’re the same.
你将听到一段对话和两段短文，各听两遍。听每段对话或短文前，你将有时间阅读相关小题，每小题5秒钟;听完后，每小题你仍有5秒钟的时间做答。 听一-段对话，回答第11 — 12小题。 11. Where must the two speakers be now? A. At home.
B. In a classroom.
C. In a shop.
12. What does Mr. Smith ask Jim not to do? A. Not to draw pictures.
B. Not to draw anything with chalk. C. Not to talk with others.
13. A. Canadian
14. A. 38.5
15. A. Park B. 37.5 B. Hard C. 36.5 C. Mark
16. Where will they go?
A. A zoo. B. A park. C. A town.
17. How long will it take them to go there?
A. 3 hours. B. More than 4 hours. C. Less than 4 hours.
18. What will they have for lunch?
A. Bread and water. B. Apples. C. Both A and B.
19. What's the speaker’s mobile phone number?
A. 13726156656 B. 13926158856 C. 13726158856
20. What can they do after lunch?
A. Go shopping. B. Go camping. C. Go boating.
21. My cousin Andy can play_____ guitar very well, but he isn’t good at playing _____ basketball.
A. the; the B. /; the C. the; / D. /; /
22._____of the coats ______ made of cotton, they feel comfortable.
A. Four-ninths; is
B. Four-ninths; are C. Four-nineths; is D. Four-nincths; are
23.—Clark, your room is really in a mess. It needs_____.
—Sorry, mum. I will do it once.
A. sweeped B. swept C. to be swept D. to be sweeped
24.—Could you tell me_____ yesterday?
—Because my bike was broken on the way here.
A. why you came here late
B. why do you come here late C. why you come here late D. why did you come here late
25. Hepburn devoted much of her time she had with UNICEF_____ poor children in different parts of the world;
A. help B. to help C. helping D. to helping
26._____after the explosion happened in a factory, a lot of firemen rushed to put out the fire.
A. Sadly B. Softly C. Shortly D. Suddenly
27. —Would you like to come to my house on Saturday or Sunday?
—_____ is QK. I will be free this weekend,
A. All B. Both C. Either D. Neither
28.—Could you tell me the advantages and disadvantages of living on Mars, Mr. Yang? —Sorry, I_____. But you can come to my office tomorrow.
A. won’t B. couldn’t C. can’t D. needn’t
29. Tom ran back to school because he_____ his schoolbag there.
A. left B. had left C. forgot D. had forgotten
30. People in Yancheng are proud of_____ they achieved in the past thirty years.
A. how B. which C. what D. when
31._____great progress he has made this term! He feels excited.
A. What a B. what C. How D. How a
32.—Is Tom in the next room?
—Well, it is hard to say. But I heard him_____ loudly when I entered the room just now.
A. speak B. to speak C. spoken D. speaking
33. It is so cold today. You had better_____ your coat.
A. not to take away
B. not take away C. not to take off D. not take off
34. Chinese President Xi Jinping expressed deep grief over the passing of former South African President Nelson Mandela, who_____ at the age of 95
A. passed over B. past over C. passed away D. past away
35.—Don’t forget to search some information about iPhone 5.
A. OK! I will
4 B. OK! I won’t
C. I am afraid I will D. I am afraid I won’t
One night, a little swallow flew over the city. He was very 36_____ and wanted to have a good sleep in the city. When he saw the Statue of the Happy Prince, he flew down and got ready to sleep 37_____ the feet of the Happy Prince.
Just as he was putting his head under his wing, some 38_____ fell on him. He thought it was raining. But when he looked 39_____, he found the sky was 40_____ clear and bright that he could see lots of stars. Suddenly, he saw some tears were running down the Prince’s golden 41_____.
42_____ are you crying?” asked the swallow.
“In a little street, there's a poor house. From one of the windows, I see a woman 43_____ at a table. She’s sewing clothes for 44_____ women to wear. In a bed in the comer of the room, her little boy is sick. He’s asking for oranges, but his mother has only water to give him, so he is crying. The boy is so thirsty 45_____ the mother is so sad. Little swallow, will you please take her the 46_____ from the top of my sword?”
“It is very cold here and I am leaving for a warm place, but I will stay with you and do as you ask.” The swallow took the bright red jewel from the Prince’s sword and flew away with it in his mouth. He flew into the woman’s room and 47_____ it beside the woman’s needle.
48_____ he flew back, he told the Prince what he had done. “It’s strange,” he added, “It’s so cold but I feel quite 49_____ now.”
“That’s 50_____you have done a good thing,” said the Prince. The little swallow began to think about this, and then he fell asleep. 36.A. hungry 37.A. among 38.A. water 39.A. at 40.A. quite 41.A. ear 42. A. Where 43.A. sitting
B. tired B. above B. snow B. down B. so B. feet B. How B. eating
C. angry C. below C. grass C. up C. such C. hair C. When C. drinking
D. sad D. between D. milk D. for D. very D. face D. Why D. cooking
44.A. poor 45.A. but 46.A. jewel 47.A. forgot 48. A. Before 49.A. cold 50.A. because
B. rich B. or B. orange B. took B. After B. hot B. though
C. young C. and C. gold C. got C. Till C. warm C. if
D. old D. so D. diamond D. put D. While D. cool D. whether
Saying goodbye to friends who are moving away is always hard. A Going - away Party can help to make everyone's spirits bright and let your friends know how much you will miss them. We also have several other kinds of party invitations that may be suitable for a Going - away Party.
51. Who is the invitation sent to?
A. Mr. and Mrs. Green.
B. Joy and Mary
52. The party will take place on_____.
A. 19th March B. 4th May C. 2nd April D. 11th April C. Tom and John. D. Joy and John.
53. The Greens will go to Africa to_____.
A. see some old friends
C. see some African wildlife
One day, a woman walked into a pet store to buy a bird for her Thanksgiving Day party. The guy said, “We only have one parrot. But I think you do not want it because it can talk...”
The woman said happily, “That’s great. I’ve always wanted a talking bird.”
So the guy said, “Since you are a nice lady, I’ll give it to you as a gift.”
And the lady went home and put the bird on her bed and walked out of the room. But as soon as she walked into the kitchen, the bird started to speak dirty words as loud as it could. The woman walked back into the room thinking, “I can’t have this at my party!” So she took the bird and put it in the fridge.
A few hours later, while the woman was eating, she remembered that her bird was still in the fridge. said to the bird, “I’ll keep you out of there if you don’t use that language again. Do you agree with me?”
The bird nodded and asked, “Can I just ask a quick question? “ The lady nodded and said, “Yes, you may.”
The bird pointed at the turkey behind him and asked, “What did he do?”
54. The woman went into the pet store because_____.
A. she wanted to buy a bird for Thanksgiving Day party
B. have a Going - away Party D. buy some food and drinks
B. she wanted to buy a bird to make a big meal
C. there were lots of nice birds in it
D. she wanted to buy a bird for his son’s birthday
55. The woman put the bird in the fridge because _____.
A. she wanted to cook it on Thanksgiving Day
B. she thought it’s the best place for it to live in
C. the bird liked living in the cold place
D. the bird spoke dirty words
56. The underlined word “shiver” means_____.
A.睡觉 B.发抖 C.生气 D.跳动
57. The bird wanted to know______.
A. why the turkey was in the fridge
B. why itself was in the fridge
When Mark first arrived in Thailand, he saw an old man selling something cheap in the street of Chiang Mai. The old man was one of the poor people in Chiang Mai and there was no difference from beggars. Most of them were some lonely old people. Their life had no support.
Mark was a kind man, so he gave some changes to him without thinking. The old man told him to pick something he liked. Mark didn't choose anything and left.
But the old man followed him closely. At first, Mark didn’t think a lot, just supposing he wanted to go home. But when he went cut very far and saw the old man still following him, he was a bit tired, thinking the old man must feel he was kind and wanted to beg more money from him.
Mark turned back and told him not to follow him because he hadn’t much money. But the old man seemed not to understand what he meant, still following him. The bag on his back made him sweat all over.
Mark happened to meet his Thai colleague in the street and his colleague heard this. The colleague turned to ask why the old man was following his friend.
The old man said out of breath, “My son, you gave me money, but didn’t want is lings, so I have to give you something. I see you are a foreigner, likely not too familiar with here. I just want to follow you and show you the way. All I can do for you is this.”
Mark was shocked. He said he didn’t know why, when he felt the old man was just like his father.
C. who could be in the fridge D. how the turkey was put into the fridge
58. What did Mark do when he first found the old man following him?
A. He didn’t think a lot and went on walking.
B. He asked die old man why he was following him.
C. He was shocked and asked his colleague to come.
D. He gave him more money without thinking.
59. The old man followed Mark closely_____.
A. because he wanted to go back home
B. because he wanted to sell more things to Mark
C. because he wanted to beg more money
D. because he wanted to show Mark the way
60. Which of the following is true according to the passage?
A. Mark didn’t like this old man at all.
B. The old man was Mark’s father.
C. The old man sold something cheap to make a living.
D. Mark didn’t give the old man anything at the beginning.
61. How did Mark feel about the old man at last?
A. He felt the old man was kind and
B. He felt pity for the old man.
C. He felt angry with the old man
D. He felt doubt if the old man was a thief.
The bank of England is making plans to introduce plastic banknotes to the UK.
Paper notes, meaning pieces of paper money, have been used in England for more than 300 years, but replacing them with plastic ones could be better.
Plastic notes were first introduced to Australia back in 1988.
Since then other countries, including Romania, Vietnam,
Mexico and Malaysia, have also begun using money made in
Fans of water sports, such as surfing, find this type of money more useful and easier, as they can take it with them in the water and won’t worry that it will fall apart. It is also good for people who by mistake put clothes in the washing machine with a note in the pocket!
It is more hygienic (clean and free of bacteria) than paper money as it absorbs less bacteria (the simplest and smallest form of plants, some of which cause disease). And it is stronger. This means it lasts longer. According to a survey, a usual 5 note in the UK lasts around six months, while the $5 Australian bill lasts for an average of 40 months.
A downside of plastic cash is that it costs more money to produce. Cash and money - counting machines will also have to be adapted to accept the new money.
It is expected that the Bank of England, who hopes to start printing plastic notes from 2015, will introduce the money slowly, using the most common notes first.
62. Which country was the first to use plastic notes?
A. The UK. B. Romania. C. Vietnam. D. Australia.
63. You can put the sentence “Besides being waterproof, there are other good effects of using plastic notes instead of paper ones.” at the beginning of_____.
A. Paragraph 3 B. Paragraph 4 C. Paragraph 5 D. Paragraph 6
64. What can you infer from Paragraph 6?
A. Plastic notes should he printed in cash machines
B. There are some disadvantages of using plastic notes.
C. Every country will have to accept the new money.
D. Plastic notes should be produced by the cashiers.
65. Which is NOT the reason why the UK wants to use plastic notes instead of paper ones?
A. They take up less space.
B. They are stronger. C. They don’t let water through. D. They are more Hygienic.
Do you want to be the most popular person in the class? You don’t need to change your character; you just need to improve your personality. The most popular people are trusted and loved because they stay normal but still have something that makes them different from the rest of us. Here are some pieces of advice on how to become the most popular person in the class.
? If you want others to like and respect you, you have to start by liking yourself. Do not change yourself in order to please others.
?Be helpful to everyone and do it happily. Being nice to people is almost like helping them, too, because by being nice you make others happy.
?Be active and have a positive attitude towards life. Develop confidence in yourself.
?Stay clean and wear fresh clothes. Do not try to follow fashion to please others.
Respect cannot be bought with big words or money. You have to get it by being honest. It also helps your personal growth. You must be a person that can be trusted to get respect.
76. These engineers successfully_____________ （开发）a new kind of energy - saving car last year.
77. The Chinese government should pay more attention to controlling the food___________（安全）
78. Tom will be punished because what he has done is__________________ （违反）our school rules.
79. He_________________ （点头）to me in greeting when I went into the room.
80. My grandma is in her________________（七十几岁）, but she can still take care of herself.
81. He came home early__________ (special) to see his parents before bedtime.
82. There was_________ (silent) for a moment and then someone made a useful suggestion.
83. The lady looks younger in this___________ (fashion) dress.
84.____________ (France) is not used as widely as English all over the world.
85. The__________ (salesman) are trying to sell their goods to shoppers in their shop.
86. Guo Chuan is the first Chinese___________ (realize) the dream of sailing around the world.
87. It would be great to have robots__________ (do) all the housework for us.
88. He told me that he_____________ (visit) many places of interest over the past 5 years.
89. The doctor told him to take ______________ (sleep) pills before going to bed to help him sleep well.
90. Most of the people_____________ (invite) to the conference were my old friend.
Over a year ago, Liang Bo was just an ordinary college student studying m________91. Now, after nearly 80 days of competition, he has become “The Voice of China.”
The lucky young man was the w 92_________of the first season of The Voice of China, the most popular TV talent show last summer. He captured the hearts of audience with his passionate rock’n’roll performance at the show’s final on Sep. 30, 2012.
Fans describe Liang's v________ 93 as ‘‘natural, clear and touching. “Although he seems cool on stage, he can quickly turn on the power once he starts singing. “ His performances make you i__________ 94 things. When I listen to his singing, I see pictures and think of stories.” Said Na Ying, one of the four judges on the show.
The 21-year-old boy was born in Changchun, Jilin. Like many young Chinese, he f___________ 95 in love with music through playing the guitar. Liang got his first guitar as a birth day gift when he was in the middle school. He would s___________ 96 days and nights practicing. “I can't live w___________ 97 my guitar, “he said. “I don't like talking much but I carry great passion inside me. “ Liang said. There is no b___________ 98 way to let it out than through music. Many compare Liang with famous Chinese singers, i____________ 99 Xu Wei,
Wang Feng and Zheng Jun. B_____________ 100 the young man doesn't want to stand in others' shadow. “I respect those rockers, but I'm not going to copy them. I will be who I am” he said.
Waste water and gas _________________________________________ the environment. 102. Sarrely难于与他的朋友们相处得好。
Sarrely has difficulty in_______________________________________________.
Mr. Jiang didn't know_____________________________________________ his robot. 104. 汽车正以每小时80公里的速度在高速公路上行驶。
The car is moving_____________________________________ on the highway.
Jay Chou can______________________________________________________.
每个人都拥有梦想，而实现梦想需要行动。请你根据所给图片写一篇题为“Take action to realize our dreams”的英语短文。
Take action to realize our dreams
All of us have dreams, but how can we realize our dreams?