Part 2 Vocabulary and Grammar (第二部分词汇和语法)
V. Choose the best answer (选择最恰当的答案): (共20分)
31. There is __________ international school near the new housing estate.
A. an B. a C. the D. /
32. Don't add too much salt __________ the soup, or it will be too salty.
A. in B. on C. to D. at
33. There is __________ snow in Shenzhen in winter, is there?
A. few B. a few C. little D. a little
34. My deskmate Flora's handwriting is much better than __________.
A. me B. mine C. I D. my
35. At the foot of the hill, you can hear nothing but the __________ of the running water.
A. speech B. talk C. voice D. sound
36. Don’t worry, Wendy can look after your bird __________ when you're out.
A. care B. careful C. careless D. carefully
37. Tourists enjoy __________ in the sea at the beautiful beaches in Bangkok.
A. swim B. to swim C. swimming D. to swimming
38. The iPad is one of __________ among the young people all over the world.
A. the most popular tablet computers C. the more popular tablet computers B. the most popular tablet computer D. the more popular tablet computer
39. —__________ has the foreign teacher been in Shanghai?
—For one year.
A. How often B. How soon C. How long D. How far
40. When I arrived home yesterday, Grandpa __________ a phone call.
A. makes B. is making C. was making D. made
41. The cheese cake smelt so __________ that the kid asked for more.
A. well B. sweet C. awful D. badly
42. Plants and flowers __________ water and sun when they start growing.
A. need to B. don't need C. needn't D. need
1 / 9
43. My parents __________ about 30,000 yuan for my college education in UK each year.
A. spend B. take C. pay D. cost
44. She must be __________ forty, but she likes dressing up as a young girl.
A. at first B. at last C. at least D. at most
45. It's not a good idea to make the boy __________ the new words again and again.
A. copies B. copy C. to copy D. copying
46. Young Jimmy __________ painting two weeks ago, but soon he lost interest in it.
A. took up B. took off C. took out D. took away
47. Shu-How Lin __________ by two NBA teams years ago, but now he has become a bright star in the Knicks.
A. is refused B. was refused C. has been refused D. will be refused
48. I like summer best among the four seasons, __________ I can enjoy the long summer vacation.
A. but B. because C. so D. though
49. Excuse me, could you please tell us __________?
A. how can we get to the airport C. how could we get to the airport B. how we can get to the airport D. how we could get to the airport
50. —Would you like me to help you with the housework?
—__________. A. That's very kind of you. C. You're welcome. B. That's a good idea. D. Not at all.
VI. Complete the following passage with the words or expressions in the box（将下列单词或词组填入空格，每个词语
Two travelling angels (天使) were tired and hungry. They wanted to stay in a rich family for the night. The family were unfriendly and let them stay in a very _____51_____ room. When they were making the bed on the hard floor, the elder angel saw a _____52_____ in the wall. And thenshe repaired it. The younger angel asked, "Why do you _____53_____ them?" the elder angel said,
"Things aren't always what they seem." The next night the two angels came to a poor family. The family were very nice and friendly. They let the angels sleep _____54_____. The next morning, the angels found the farmer and his wife were very sad. Their only cow _____55_____ that night. "The family have nothing, but they _____56_____ us. Why do you let the cow die?" the younger angel asked.
2 / 9
"Things aren't always what they seem," the elder angel said. "When we were in the coldroom in the rich family, I saw there was gold in that hole in the wall. I didn't want the rich man to _____57_____ it."
"Last night when we slept in the farmer's bed, the devil (恶魔) of death came for his wife. I gave him the cow _____58_____."
"Oh, I see," said the younger angel.
VII. Complete the sentences with the given words in their proper forms (用括号中所给单词的适当形式完成下列句子)：（共8分）
59. The golden fish said to the fisherman, "All your __________ will come true." (wish)
60. Although Peter is five years old, he is learning to make the bed by __________. (he)
61. Lucy and Linda are twins. They were born on the __________ of November. (four)
62. Helen's teacher was so __________ with the great progress she made this term. (please)
63. The Magic Hotel is amazing because it's __________ underwater. (complete)
64. Sandy likes drawing very much and she believes it can __________ her whole life. (rich)
65. Because of the warm and __________ weather, oranges grow very well here. (sun)
66. The students are doing experiments in the lab with some new __________. (chemistry)
VIII. Rewrite the following sentences as required（根据所给要求，改写下列句子，每空格限填一词）：（共
67. He usually reads books in the library in his spare time. (改为否定句)
He __________ often __________ books in the library in his spare time.
68. David's father has never been to Australia before. (改为反义疑问句)
David's father has never been to Australia before, __________ __________?
69. Grandma opened the window in order to breathe the fresh air. (保持句意基本不变)
Grandma opened the window __________ __________ she could breathe the fresh air.
70. Little Tommy is playing happily with his cousin in the garden. (改为感叹句)
__________ __________ little Tommy is playing with his cousin in the garden!
71. London will hold the 30th Olympic Games in July, 2012. (改成被动语态)
The 30th Olympic Games will __________ __________ in London in July, 2012.
__________ __________ does Jim go to the dentist to wash his teeth?
73. The traffic in the city is more convenient than that in the countryside. (保持句意基本不变)
The traffic in the countryside is not __________ convenient __________ that in the city.
3 / 9 14分）
Part 3 Reading and Writing (第三部分读写)
IX. Reading comprehension（阅读理解）：（共50分）
A. Choose the best answer（根据短文内容，选择最恰当的答案）：（12分）
It's a lovely day. Sarah is going to have a picnic in the park with her friends. She has prepared much food, some meat and some vegetables. All are the daily food in our life. But do you know where some of them came from?
Chicken Chickens were once wild birds in the forest of Asia. Around 3,400 years ago. Men began to use chickens. But the birds were small and their meat was hard to eat. So people only kept chickens to fight for sport.
Chocolate The seed of the cocoa tree can be made into chocolate. But 2,000 years ago, people in Central America only drank chocolate. In Europe, chocolate drinks were not popular until the 1500s when sugar was added.
Tomatoes At first, people were afraid of eating tomatoes because they belong to a family of poisonous plants. One day, a brave man ate the first tomato. People were surprised that he didn't die. They tried the tomatoes and found that they tasted good. Soon tomatoes became very popular. The French even gave them a special name, Love Apples.
Ice cream Long before ice cream, water ices were popular all over Asia. During the Tang Dynasty, some people created ice cream from milk. Later, travelers took this idea back to Europe. Soon, many people wanted to try it and the dessert became popular everywhere.
74. Sarah has prepared much food to __________.
A. have a picnic with her friends in the park B. know something about animals and plants C. find out where some of the food came from D. tell stories about daily food in our life
75. Around 3,400 years ago, people __________.
A. kept chickens as wild birds in the forest of Asia B. kept some small birds to eat their hard meat C. began to keep chickens as a kind of food D. began to keep chickens to fight for sport
76. Chocolate drinks became popular in Europe __________.
4 / 9
A. 2,000 years ago B. in the 1500s D. after American people ate chocolate C. before sugar was added
77. From the story about tomatoes, we know that if someone eats something poisonous, he may __________
A. become brave B. feel surprised C. lose his life D. become popular
78. __________ created ice cream.
A. Some people in Asia C. Some people in Europe B. A king of the Tang Dynasty D. A traveler to Asia
79. The best title for the passage is “__________”.
A. Sarah's picnic B. Daily food in our life D. Where did some food come from? C. We eat these food every day!
B. Choose the words or expressions and complete the passage（选择最恰当的单词或词语完成短文）：（12分） Tony woke up in the middle of the night. He smelled smoke. He saw something bright _____80_____ his window. There was a fire in the house next door! He quickly woke up his parents.His mother called the Fire Department. Tony and his father went to wake up the neighbours in theburning house. They _____81_____ and knocked on the door. The
neighbours woke up and got outof the house. Then, they wanted to go back inside the house and get some things, but it was too _____82_____. A few minutes passed. Tony heard sirens (警笛) getting closer. Then he saw flashing lights.The big, red fire engines arrived. Six fire fighters _____83_____ the first fire engine. They took thehoses and the ladder off the engine. Some of them went into the house. Others turned on the hoses. Soon they were spraying the fire with water. Although the fire engine has a lot of water, it _____84_____ stopped for some reason. Then another fire fighter connected a hose to a fire hydrant (消防栓). He sprayed more water on the house. There was black smoke everywhere.
Tony's neighbours were very worried and upset, _____85_____ the fire fighters were stillpatient and polite to them. An hour later, the fire was put out.
80. A. inside
81. A. pulled
82. A. nervous
83. A. got onto
84. A. sadly
85. A. but B. outside B. pushed B. serious C. beside C. shouted C. careless D. behind D. talked D. dangerous D. ran away from D. quietly D. and B. jumped off B. gently B. so C. waited for C. suddenly C. or
C. Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words（在短文的空格内填入适当的词，使其内容通顺，每
5 / 9
Everyone needs sleep. In fact, all living things need sleep. Having a sound and good rest m_____86_____ us healthy. It is believed that our brain develops best during sleep. It helps all our systems work well w_____87_____ we are awake. Sleep allows our brain to reorganize all events during the day and will improve our memory development.
For a student, eight to ten hours of sleep is required to give him or her e_____88_____ for thefollowing day. A good sleep allows them to grow physically and mentally (心理上).
With e_____89_____ sleep at night, students would be able to wake up early and be ready for school activities. They will be able to listen carefully in class and would have the ability to memorize the things that they learn and r_____90_____ them in the future.
Eight hours of sleep makes students active t_____91_____ the whole day at school. They would be able to perform well in class, take down notes and finish their homework. When they have slept well, they can e_____92_____ understand their lessons. Good sleep prepares them well for the challenges (挑战) at school, from paperwork to sports. They will be ready to solve difficult tasks that require mental ability and skills.
D. Answer the questions（根据短文内容回答下列问题）：（12分）
Watching news about the environment on TV can make us feel sad. The problems seem so big that it's difficult to imagine how individuals (个人) can do anything about them. Rebecca Hosking, however, thought differently.
Rebecca is a wildlife camerawoman and she was filming a documentary (纪录片) for the BBC in the Pacific Ocean when she saw something that made her cry — hundreds of dead birds that had died because they had accidentally (意外地) eaten the plastic thrown into the sea. People throw tons of plastic into the sea each year! Beaches on Pacific islands that should have been some of the most beautiful places in the world were covered with plastic toys, drinks bottles, pens, cigarette lighters — every plastic thing you can think of.
Rebecca decided that she had to do something. Back at home she thought about what she could do to help solve the
problem of throwaway plastic. In her hometown of Modbury, she asked local shopkeepers if they could do one thing to help. She asked them to stop using plastic bags in their shops.
Plastic bags are used everywhere in Britain — every supermarket every corner shop. The numbers are amazing. Britain uses nearly 17 billion plastic bags each year. And the bags can take hundreds of years to break down because they are chemical rather than natural, so each year the sea and the environment become more and more polluted.
To Rebecca's surprise, the shopkeepers agreed and Modbury became the first plastic bag free town in Britain. Instead, shops offered reusable cotton bags or biodegradable (生物可降解的) bags.
Other towns followed Modbury's example and towns around Britain and around the world are becoming plastic bag
6 / 9
free. It won't solve all of the world's environmental problems but it shows that people are becoming active and starting to think about how the little things in their daily lives can have a big effect. It also shows us that there is something we= can do and that one person can make a big change with a strong enough belief.
93. Did Rebecca agree individuals could do nothing about the big environmental problems?
94. Why did the hundreds of birds die in the Pacific Ocean?
95. The beaches on Pacific islands are no longer some of the most beautiful places, are they?
96. How many plastic bags do people in Britain use each year?
97. What does the sentence "The shop is plastic bag free" mean?
It means the shop__________________________________.
98. What can you learn from Rebecca's story?
99. Write at least 60 words about the topic "__________is fun"（以“__________是一种乐趣”为题写一篇不少于60
Use the following points as a reference.（以下问题及图片仅供参考）
? What do you usually do for fun?
? Why do you find it interesting and good for you?
7 / 9
67. doesn’t, read
71. be held
A. 74~79 ADBCAD
B. 80~85 BCDBCA
C. 86. makes
87. when 88. energy 89. enough 90. remember 91. through 92. easily D. 93. No, she didn’t. 94. Because they had accidentally eaten the plastic thrown into the sea. 95. No, they aren’t. 96. They use nearly 17 billion plastic bags each year. 97. doesn’t offer plastic bags. 98. Individuals can do something to help improve the environment. (Any reasonable answer is acceptable.) 68. has he 69. so that 70. How happily 72. How often 73.so, as 60. himself 61. fourth 62. pleased 63. completely 64. enrich65. sunny 66. chemicals
36. Wendy会在你外出时照顾好你的鸟。考查副词的用法。carefully修饰动词look after。
39. 这个外国教师在上海呆多长时间了？考查特殊疑问句的疑问词how long的用法。
8 / 9
43. 我的父母为我在英国上大学每年交3万元。考查动词pay for的用法。
44. 她至少有40岁了，可是却打扮得像个年轻女孩。考查副词at least的用法。
46. 两周前，小吉米对绘画感兴趣，可是很快就放弃了。考查动词短语take up的用法。take off指“飞机起飞”，take out指“拿出来”，take away指“带走”。
74.事实细节题。根据第一段第二句Sarah is going to have a picnic in the park with her friends.得知。
75.事实细节题。根据第二段第三句和第五句Around 3,400 years ago. Men began to use chickens.So people only kept chickens to fight for sport.得知。
76. 事实细节题。根据第三段最后一句In Europe, chocolate drinks were not popular until the 1500s when sugar was added.得知。
78. 事实细节题。根据最后一段第二，三句During the Tang Dynasty, some people created ice cream from milk. Later, travelers took this idea back to Europe.得知。
83. 六名消防员从第一辆消防车上跳下来。考查动词短语jump off的用法。get onto指“上车”，wait for指“等待”，run away from指“逃跑”。
9 / 9