Study for A Test
1. Look at the old man. He makes money _______ selling old books.
A. in B. for C. at D. by
2. －How do you improve our English?
A. read and speak B. to reand and to speak
C. reading and speaking D. readng and speak
3. Study for a test _________ working with a group.
A. in B. by C. at D. to
4. These craft arts were al made _______, so they are very expensive.
A. by the hand B. with the hand C. with hands D. by hand 5. －_______ the film you saw last week?
－Not better than we had expected.
A. What about B. How for C. What for D. What do you like 6. I have a good idea. What about _______ camping in the muntains?
A. go B. to go C. going D. to going 7. Please give an introduction to the _______ of American English.
A. pronounciation B. pronouce C. pronunciation D. pronnunciation 8. How do you ________ the word “capital”?
A. pronunce B. prounce C. prounouce D. pronounce 9. Sorry, I can’t hear you. Can you read ________?
A. loud B. loudly C. aloud D. aloudly 10. Jim answered the teacher’s question in a ________ voice.
A. loudly B. loud C. aloud D. more louder 11. Someone knocked _______ at the door.
A. loud B. aloud C. loudly D. aloudly 12. －The box is _______ heavy for me to carry. Can you help me? －Certainly.
A. so B. much C. very D. too
13. My brother is _______ young _______ he can’t go to school.
A. too; to B. so; that C. very; that D. so; to 14. They stopped to listen, but there was no _______.
A. voice B. sound C. noise D. noisy 15. There was a great _______ over there.
A. sound B. noise C. voice D. sounds 16. He’s speaking in a low _______ .
A. sound B. noise C. sound D. voice 17. She can ________ English words quickly.
A. memory B. memorizes C. memorize D. memorizing 18. He has a good _________.
A. memory B. memorizes C. memorize D. memorizing 19. ________ the whole text is hard work.
A. memory B. memorizes C. memorize D. memorizing 20. There is ________ apple juice in the bottle, is there?
A. little B. a little C. few D. a few 21. The first lesson is much easy, but the second one is ________ difficult.
A. little B. a little C. few D. a few 22. When I looked into the room, I found Tom himself _______ in bed.
A. lies B. lie C. lay D. lying 23. Yesterday I called Mr. Smith ________, but there was no answer.
A. sometimes B. some times C. sometime D. some time 24. Young students in our school got _______ about the news that our team has won the game.
A. excite B. excited C. exciting D. be exciting 25. The English party began _______ an English song and _______a well-known piano music.
A. with; ended up with B. for; ended with
C. with; ended with D. with; ended up
26. We can’t begin the meeting.___________, not everyone is here
A. a first B. first C. the first D. first of all. 27. There are flowers on _______ side of the road.
A. each B. either C. both D. A and B
28. Our teachers _______ make mistakes sometimes.
A. also B. too C. either D. often
29. You mustn’t go out at night _______ your parents go with you.
A. if B. unless C. when D. before
30. He has learnt to _______ properly with all kinds of complicated situations.
A. do B. deal C. take D. make
31. －________ have you done with the milk?
－I don’t know how to _______ with it.
A. What; deal B. How; do C. How; deal D. What; do
32. Though he said a lot , he didn’t produce a _______ suggestion .
A. clever B. sure C. correct D. specific
33. The dress ________ smooth and soft.
A. felt B. feels C. is felt D. is feeling
A. disagreed B. challenged C. influenced D. dealt
The ________ _______ _______ ________ new words is by ________ English newspaper.
________ _______ _______ ________ school, I happened _______ ______ Mr. Zhang. 3. A boy stood ________ ________ ________ （在窗户旁）looking into the classroom. 4. We should get everything ready ________ _______ _________(在下个星期六之前). 5. How do you ususally ________ _________ (练习书写)。
We all find ________ English _______ because it’s quite ________ _______ Chinese. 7. 这个消息太令人沮丧，我们都非常悲伤。
The news is so __________ that we all are sad.
He is _________ because of his failure in the final exam.
________ ______ _________ ________ _________ _________ not good for your study.
Chen Mei thinks _______ grammar is _____ ______ ______ ______ ______ _____ ____.
He likes to watch English movies because he can _____ _____ ______ ______ _____ _____.
Chen Jie _______ that _______ conversations with friends was _____ _______ _____ _____ .
Tom often _______ _______ in his pronunciation.
Mary usually ______ ______ ______ ______ in class, so she always gets good grades.
1. Who took my umbrella by m________?
2. The teachers were most i________ by your performance in the exam.
3. I am a__________ that you are wrong again about that.
4. This is a chance, but it’s a c_________ , too.
5. What is the s_________ to your trouble?
6. Our party e_________ with a pop song.
7. Chinese is our n__________ language.
8. We usually take some n___________ n class.
1. B. 2. C 3. B. 4. D. 5.A. 6. C. 7. C. 8. D.
9. C. (aloud 与loud 和loudly的区别：loud 和loudly的区别都说明声音的强度，但loud是形容词和副词，loud表loudly是副词，loudly表“大声喧哗地”，可指包括人声在内的一切较响的声音；aloud表“大声地，高声地”说话；loud有比较级，而aloud没有比较级。)
10. B. 11. C. 12. D. (too…to do sth.) 13. B. 14. B. 15. B. 16. D. 17. C.
18. A. 19. D. 20. A. 21. B. 22. D. 23. B. 24. B. 25. A.
26. B. (在此不用D. first of all可以解释为：所有（事情）当中首当其冲，强调其重要性。这里指的许多事情必须是具备进行的条件了，然后首先做哪样。)
27. D (either 在此作形容词，可用于肯定句中，当作“也”时，只能用在否定句中)
28. A. 29.B. 30. B. 31.A. 32. D 33. B. 34. C.
1. best way to learn; reading; 2. On my way to; to meet 3. by the window;
4. by next Saturday. 5. practice writing. 6. learning; difficult; different from;
7. frustrating; 8. frustrated; 9. Playing too much computer games is;
10. studying; a great way to learn a language; 11. watch the actors say the words
12. added; having; not helpful at all; 13. makes mistakes 14. makes lots of notes
1. mistake; 2. impressed; 3. afraid; 4. challenge; 5. solution; 6. ended; 7. native; 8. notes