1. How does Mary go to work when it rains?
A. By subway. B. By bus. C. By bike.
2. When did J.K Rowling start to write Harry Potter?
A. In 1998. B. In 1965. C. In 1990.
3. What did the man buy for his sister on the trip?
A. Nothing. B. Football. C. Watch.
4. What are they doing？
A. Doing shopping. B. Having sports. C. Making a telephone call.
5. How often does the man learn English by watching TV?
A. Once a week. B. Twice a week. C. Every day.
听下面一段对话, 回答第6至8三个小题。现在, 你有15秒钟的时间阅读这两题。
6.What is the weather like ?
A. It’s a rainy day. B. It’s so noisy. C. It’s a beautiful day.
7. Why doesn’t the man feel like going out for a walk with the woman?
A. There is too much noise and the air isn’t good. B. It’s a rainy day. C. It’s too hot.
8.What are they going to do in the end ?
A. They want to take a walk. B. They want to listen to music. C. They will do a lot of interesting things.
9. Where is Bob living now?
A. In a town in England.
B. In West Hills, a small town in California.
C. In a village in the west of England.
10.Which country are Bob’s travel books mainly(主要地) about?
A. England. B. Italy. C. France. 三、听短文，根据所听内容选择正确答案。短文读两遍。（10分）
11. By which means(方式） can we get a lot of knowledge faster?
A. By listening to the radio. B. By reading books. C. By watching TV.
12. On TV you may know_____________ .
A. super stars B. your family C. everything in our life
13. If you have no time to travel, you may be very ___________ .
A. worried B. sad C. shy
14. What does the writer think of watching TV?
A. It’s good. B. It’s bad. C. It’s good, but too much is bad.
15. Some of the students don’t like their studies ___________ .
A. because their studies are too boring.
B. because they don’t know how important their studies are.
C. because they love watching TV too much.
1. ---_______do you have an art festival in your school? ---Once a year.
A. How long B. How often C. How far D. How soon
2. They decided ____________ by bus.
A. to go to there B. to go there C. going there D. going to there
3. ---Do you often go to the gym? ---No. ________. I don’t like sports at all.
A. always B. never C. sometimes D. usually
4. ---I often have hamburgers for lunch.
--- You’d better not. It’s bad for you _____ too much junk food.
A. eat B. to eat C. eating D. ate
5. ---Do you know the ______of the exam? ---Yes, I got an A.
A. result B. time C. place D. name
6. ----What’s wrong with me, doctor? ---- ________. You just have a cold.
A. Something much. B. Nothing much C. Much something D. Much nothing
7. ---Are there any oranges in the bag? ---Yes. But only _______.
A. few B. a little C. a few D. little
8. ---Hey, Tina. _____are you going for your vacation?
--- Hmmm. I think I’m going to shanghai.
A. How B. Where C. When D. Why
9.----I’m going for a summer camp in Beijing next month. --- ________.
A. What a pity B. Not at all C. Don’t worry D. Have a good time
10. ---How often are the Olympic Games held？ ---_____four years.
A. Every B. Each C. In D. For
11. He must _____ his sister with her math.
A. try help B. trying to help C. trys to help D. try to help
12. --- Are you ______ from America? --- No, none of us.
A. both B. all C. any D. either
13. ----Why do you make friends with Joe ?
----He isn’t a good student, but ________ he is honest.
A . almost B . at least C. less than D. more than
14. The woman is ______ fat because he eats ______ junk food.
A. much too, too much B. much too, much too
C. too much, too much D. too much, much too
15. Which one is ________ , football or basketball?
A. more popular B. popular C. popularer D. much popular
One day a woman walks a hat shop. The boss smiles and says, “Good afternoon, madam.”
“Good afternoon.” the woman answers. “There is a green hat “Yes, madam,” the boss says, “I’m happy to do that __ you.” Usually women look at a _ today.”
“Do you want it in a box or _?” he asks.
“Oh, I don’t want it,” she answers. “I _丑) thing there.”
( ) 1. A. to B. into
( ) 2. A. with B. has
( ) 3. A. door B. wall
( ) 4. A. to B. for
( ) 5. A. clothes B. shirts
( ) 6. A. quickly B. dear
( ) 7. A. from B. in
( ) 8. A. really B. only
( ) 9. A. park B. car
( ) 10. A. look B. read
A young boy was playing with a ball in the street. He threw（扔）it too hard and it broke（打破）the window of a house and fell（掉）inside. A woman came to the window and shouted（大喊） at the boy. The boy was afraid and ran away. But he still wanted his ball back. A few minutes（分钟）later. The boy came back and knocked（敲）at the door and said, “My father is going to come and repair（修理）your window soon.”
After a while, a man came to the door with tools（工具）in his hand, so the woman let the boy take his ball away.
When the man finish repairing the window, he said to the woman, “Please pay ten dollars.” “But aren’t you the father of the boy?” the woman asked, looking surprised（惊奇）. “No,” he answered, looking more surprised, “Aren’t you his mother?”
1. The boy lost his ball because _____.
A. the ball fell into the woman’s garden
B. the ball broke the window of his house
C. the ball broke the window and fell into the woman’s house
D. he went through the window of the woman’s house
2. The boy ran away because _____.
C. at D. by C. have D. of C. window D. table C. about D. help C. trousers D. hats C. cheap D. late C. on D. with C. can D. must C. room D. shop C. see D. watch
A. he was afraid of the woman B. he had to ask his father for help
C. he didn’t want his ball back D. he had to look for his friends
3. The boy came back again because _____.
A. he father will come soon B. he wanted the ball back
C. the woman was his mother D. a man would come to repair the window
4. The woman let the boy take his ball away _____.
A. because she thought he was honest（诚实的）
B. because he came back and repaired the window
C. because she thought the man was his father
D. because his father repaired the window
5. Which of the following is RIGHT?
A. The boy was the son of the man.
B. The man was the father of the boy.
C. The woman knew the man was the father of the boy.
D. The man thought the woman was the boy’s mother.
Cindy, Jerry and Mary are giving their opinions about a good friend.
Cindy: I think a good friend should be honest(诚实的). That’s more important than any other thing and is where a good friendship starts. Jerry: I think a good friend has to be generous. Here“generous” doesn’t mean he has to give his friends his lunch money or his clothes. It means he should share(分享) his ideas and feelings with his friends. In fact, his friends can know him better in this way.
Mary: In my opinion a good friend should understand(理解) his friends. When there’s
something wrong between him and his friends, he must put himself in his friends’ place and think more for his friends.
6. What does the underlined sentence(句子) mean?
A. To be honest is the most important. B. To be honest is as important as other things.
C. To be honest is not so important. D. Honest people get more things than others.
7. Jerry would like to make friends with people who ______.
A. give him lunch money B. know him very well
C. tell him their ideas and feelings D. give him some clothes
8. Mary thinks friends should ______.
A. visit each other often B. go to more places to play
C. understand each other D. help each other do more things
9. Which of the following is TRUE?
A. They are talking about what they think a good friend should be.
B. They are talking about money.
C. They are talking about clothes.
D. They are talking about trust.
10. What’s the best title of the passage?
A. My friend. B. Trust is the most important.
C. Opinions about a good friends. D. Being generous is the important.
Why is 2004 a special year? Because it is a Leap Year（闰年）.
What’s so special about that? Well, we have a Leap Year every four years. And it has 366 days, not the usual （通常的）365. In a Leap Year, we have 29 days in February, while in a usual year we have only 28 days.
Why do we have a Leap Year? We have a Leap Year so we can keep the calendar （日历）in step （一致）with the seasons. The calendar is a kind of clock for the year. But how long is a year?
A calendar year is 365 days. But a true year is 365 days， 5 hours, 48 minutes and 46 seconds long. That’s the time it takes the earth to go around the sun. So every four years we have one more day, and we put it at the end of February, the shortest month of a year. Then we have a Leap Year.
11. How often can we have a Leap Year?
A. Every year B. Every February C. Every four years D. Every two years
12. What is a calendar? It’s a kind of clock _______.
A. for the year B. for Leap Year C. for the usual year D. for the calendar
13. It takes the earth ________ to go around the sun.
A. a day B. a year C. a little longer than 365 days D. 365 days
14. Which is the shortest month of the year?
A. February B. March C. May D. June
15. Mary was born on February 29,1972. Now she is 32. How many birthdays has she had?
A. 32 B. 16 C. 8 D. 4
Anna comes from Russia. She is 17 years old. She’s going 1.________ with the Black family for a year. Anna comes to England because she wants to study English. She helps Mrs Black 2.________ housework in the house and goes to English 3._________ every Wednesday and Friday afternoon.
Anna is now in London. Everything is 4. _______ to her. She finds life is 5.________ from that in Moscow. Some things are nice in London, many things are not so nice. The shops are
6._________ in London than those in Moscow. 7._______ it’s very expensive to enjoy
8._________ in London. It’s expensive to have a 9.________ at a restaurant or go to a cinema. Now Anna has got used to (习惯) many things, but she can’t get used to the
10.__________ in England. “You English eat so much in the morning,” she often says. “Fruits,
porridge, eggs, tea and bread. How can you face(面对) all that food so early in the day?”
1. We had a wonderful dinner at the restaurant. The food was d________.
(two) a year.
3. Can you find any ______________ (different) between this photo and that one?
4. Eddie is very lazy and he never e______.
5. How many _____________ ( people ) are there in your family?
6. The river is b________ the bridge. The bridge is over the river.
7. Ben, your teeth look dirty. Go to the d________ to clean them.
8. Her dress is very s_________ to mine though we bought them in different stores.
9. I think it’s a good habit to keep a d________ in English every day.
10. ----Did you visit the Great Wall? ----Yes, I did. It was really w_______________!
1.M: Do you usually go to work by bike, Mary?
W: yes, but when it rains, I take a bus.
2.M: When did J.K Rowling start to write Harry Potter? W: In 1990. And in 1998, the Harry Potter book I was finished. 3.W: Did you buy anything on your trip? M: Yes, I bought a new watch for my sister and a football for my brother. 4.M: Hello, May I speak to Rose, please? W: This is Rose speaking. Who’s that? 5.W:Do you learn English by watching TV every day? M: No, I do it on Tuesday and Saturday evening. 二．听长对话回答问题（共5小题，计10分） 听下面2段对话。每段对话后有几个小题，从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项。听每段对话前，你将有时间阅读各个小题，每小题5秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出5秒钟的作答时间。每段对话读两遍。 听下面一段对话, 回答第6至8三个小题。现在, 你有15秒钟的时间阅读这两题。 M: I’m bored today! W: Well, it’s a lovely day. Why don’t we take a walk? M: No, I don’t feel like going for a walk. It’s so noisy out there and the air is so bad. W: You need to go out! Let’s go. M: Oh, no! I can’t stand the noise and bad air. I’d like to do anything but that. W: OK, then. Shall we listen to music? M: That’s a good idea. 听第二段对话，回答9~10题。 W: Bob Kessier is forty-two. He’s a writer, and he lives in a small village in the west of England with his wife and daughter. Now I’d like to ask him some questions? Bob, you aren’t English, are you? M: No, I am from West Hills, a small town in California in the United Stated . W: And what’s your job? M: I write travel books, mainly about England and the English, but also about other countries like Italy, and France. W: What do you think of England? M: I like it here. I don’t want to go back to the United States. My daughter goes to school here and she’s got lots of English friends . And you know, my wife and I usually drink tea with milk. 第三节：听短文，根据所听内容选择正确答案。短文读两遍。（10分） Now TV is becoming more and more important in our life. Firstly, you can get a lot of knowledge by watching TV. As we all know, learning things by TV is much faster than by listening to the radio or just by reading books. Secondly, you may know some famous singers, super stars, scientists and so on. What’s more, you can go everywhere by traveling programs. If you like traveling very much, but you have to work on weekends or holidays, you must be very sad. And now turn on your TV and it’ll take you to anywhere. But watching TV is not always good for us. For example, watching too much TV is bad for our eyes, especially for children and students. Some students may keep on watching TV so that they don’t like studies. 义蓬学区八年级上学期第一次英语质量检测卷 2013.10 听力部分（25分） 一、（5分）1.__B__ 2.___C__ 3.___C___ 4.___C___ 5.____B___ 二、（10分）6. ___C__ 7.___A__ 8.___B___ 9.___C___ 10.____A___ 三、（10分）11. __C___ 12.___C__ 13.___B___ 14.___C____ 15.____C___
一 、单词辨音（5分）1.__B__ 2.__D__ 3.__C__ 4.__B__ 5.__C___
二、单选（15分） 1. __B__ 2.___B__ 3.___B__ 4.____B__ 5.__A___
6. __B___ 7.___C___ 8.___B___ 9.____D__ 10.___A___
11. ___D__ 12.___B___ 13.___B___ 14.___A___ 15.____A__
三、完型（10分）1. __D__ 2.__A___ 3.____C__ 4.___B____ 5.__D____ 6. ___A___ 7.___C___ 8.__B_____ 9.____D___ 10.___C____
四、阅读（30分）1. ___C___ 2.____A___ 3.___B____ 4.___C____ 5.____D__ 6. ___A__ 7.___C___ 8.___C___ 9.____A___ 10.____C__ 11. ___C___ 12.___A____ 13.___C___ 14.___A___ 15.___C___ 五、选词（10分）1. _to stay_ 2.__do _ 3.__classes__ 4.__new___ 5._different___ 6. __bigger_ 7.__But__ 8.__yourself__ 9.__meal__ 10._breakfast_ 六单词拼写（10分）1. _delicious_ 2.__twice_ 3.__differences_ 4.__exercises__ 5.__people__ 6. _below_ 7._dentist_ 8._similar_ 9.__diary__ 10.__wonderful_ 七. 书面表达（15分） ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 2013学年第一学期八年级英语质量答题卷 2013.10 听力部分（25分） 一、（5分）1.________ 2._________ 3._________ 4.__________ 5.__________ 二、（10分）6. ________ 7._________ 8._________ 9.__________ 10.__________ 三、（10分）11. ________ 12._________ 13._________ 14.__________ 15.__________ 笔试部分（95分） 一 、单词辨音（5分）1._______ 2._______ 3._______ 4._______ 5._______ 二、单选（15分） 1. ______ 2._______ 3._______ 4.________ 5._______
6. ______ 7._______ 8._______ 9._______ 10._______
11. ______ 12._______ 13._______ 14._______ 15._______
三、完型（10分）1. _______ 2._______ 3.________ 4._________ 5.________
6. _______ 7._______ 8.________ 9.________ 10.________
四、阅读（30分）1. _______ 2.________ 3.________ 4.________ 5.________
6. _______ 7.________ 8.________ 9.________ 10.________
11. _______ 12.________ 13.________ 14._______ 15._______
五、选词（10分）1. ________ 2._________ 3._________ 4.__________ 5._________
6. ________ 7._________ 8._________ 9._________ 10._________
六单词拼写（10分）1. ________ 2._________ 3._________ 4.__________ 5.__________
6. ________ 7._________ 8.________ 9._________ 10.__________