作业时间：100分钟 分值： 120分 命题人：周克来
1. “It is very kind you to help me with my lessons. It is hard me to learn them well,” Daniel said to his best friend.
A. of; for B. of; of C. for; of D. for; for
2. Don’t worry. All the children will arrive at school on time tomorrow.
A. are be able to B. can C. be able to D. can be able to
3. Mr Lu spends a lot of time explaining things to his students. That means he is A. modest B. practical C. patient D. confident
4. —Where are you going to visit there?
—Sorry, I don’t know.
A. other B. another C. else D. also
5. It’s good for you to keep when you have something difficult .
A. trying; to do B. doing; to do it C. to try; to do D. trying; to be done
6. —I’m really weak in English.
—Don’t A. give up B. be confident C. give out D. keep trying
7. —It’s really kind of you to help me.
—A. I’d love to B. Don’t say that C. My pleasure D. You, too.
8. —Do you think Simon is a stubborn boy?
—Yes, and his father is A. even stubborn B. even more stubborn
C. even much stubborn D. even most stubborn
9. The word “her” in the sentence “The young man bought her many beautiful flowers that day.” is A. a subject B. a direct object C. an indirect object D. on adverb
10. You needn’t worry about supper. We’ll get to the famous restaurant before 7 o’clock.
A. to not have B. not to have C. not having D. having not
11. —Doctor, I think I’m to get back to school.
—Not really, my dear. You’d better stay in hospital for another day or two.
A. enough good B. enough good C. enough well D. well enough
12. I can’t it in English because I can’t English. Can I you the story in Chinese.
A. speak; say; tell B. say; speak; tell C. tell; speak; say D. say; tell; speak
- 1 -
13. Millie is getting on well with her friends but she is a little selfish .
A. in time B. on time C. at times D. at a time
14. Don’t eat meat any more. You are fat now.
A. too much; much too B. too many; many too
C. much too; too much D. many too; too many
15. Although Maths is very difficult, you can’t .
A. give in it B. give it in C. give up it D. give it up
A successful businessman was going to tell people how to be successful. Everybody couldn’t me to ask you for help on a certain problem?”
Here is his problem. “People all to the place where a gold mine(金矿) had been discovered but there was a river stopping people across the only way it. What would you do if you were among them?”
“Make way,” replied someone. “Swim another. The businessman smiled without a word. Finally he gave his instead of rushing to the mine? How about buying a boat to do some ferrying (摆渡)？” The audience were . He explained quietly, “The boatman could the passengers for as much money as possible. They were willing to pay there was gold on the other
Do what the others would not like to do or do something never tried before by others. That is the key success. To a clever man, a bad circumstance (环境) often a potential (潜在的) chance of success.
1. A. join B. help C. wait D. believe
2. A. already B. but C. too D. however
3. A. entered B. rushed C. got D. flew
4. A. just B. soon C. nearly D. almost
5. A. at B. of C. between D. to
6. A. another B. other C. new D. near
7. A. over B. through C. across D. along
8. A. idea B. story C. problem D. meaning
9. A. difficult B. different C. interesting D. exciting
10. A. tired B. worried C. pleased D. surprised
11. A. send B. look C. ask D. leave
12. A. before B. so C. until D. because
13. A. bank B. road C. river D. land
14. A. of B. to C. for D. in
15. A. means B. understands C. knows D. gets
- 2 -
Thousands of years ago, the ancient people of Babylon and Egypt studied the stars in the sky and created the zodiac(黄道十二宫图). It was first used to count time. Later, many people used the stars to tell a person’s character and to foretell (预言) what would happen in the future.
A person’s star sign is connected with his or her birth date. Some believe this sign can tell us about a person’s character. For example, some think that a person born under the sign of Cancer (between June 22 and July 23) is kind and home-loving.
In many countries in Asia, people believe the Chinese horoscope(十二天宫图) can tell a person’s character and foretell the future events. In the Chinese horoscope, there are twelve animals. A person’s animal sign is connected with his or her birth year. Each animal has a different type of character. People born in the Year of the Rat are friendly, and careful. Those born in the Year of the Monkey are smart and good at making money.
In Asia, a person’s blood type(血型) is also used to show his or her character. People with the blood type A are calm and serious, but they may be selfish. People with the blood type B are independent(独立的) but may be lazy. People with the blood type AB are honest, and people with the blood type O are talkative(健谈的).
Not everybody believes that star signs or blood types can show a person’s character. But reading the horoscope can still be a lot of fun.
1. The ancient people first used the zodiacal signs to ______.
A. count time B. tell a person’s character
C. count numbers D. foretell what would happen to a person in the future
2. What does the underlined word “ home-loving” mean in Chinese?
A. 想家的 B. 爱家的 C. 离家的 D. 无家可归的
3. According to the passage, if Simon was born in the Year of the Monkey, he may be ______.
A. foolish and often does everything carelessly B. friendly and often does everything carefully
C. smart but not good at making money D. clever and can have many ways to make money
4. According to the passage, reading your horoscope can be ______.
A. difficult B. dangerous C. interesting D. boring
5. Simon, a 14-year-old boy, never tells a lie, so we can guess his blood type may be ______.
A. type A B. type A C. type AB D. type O
Enjoy real American jazz from Herbie Davis, the famous trumpet player(号手).
Scottish dancing is nice and easy to learn. The wonderful dance from England will be given.
- 3 -
There are 12.000 pieces on show here. You can see the whole of Chinese history.
send him this E-mail to tell him something about the hotels. Tel: 4686788. E-mail: Lihong@163.com.
A. 4668736 B. 4021877 C. 4886888 D. 4686788
7. You can see the whole of Chinese history in April in Anhui Museum at A. 3:00 pm every day B. 9:00 pm from Monday to Friday
C. 7:00 am at weekends D. 7:00 pm every day
8. You can enjoy at Jack Stein’s.
A. American Jazz B. Scottish dancing C. 12, 000 pieces on show
D. yourself all night
9. Sun Hotel and Rose Hotel are open for months of the year.
A. nine B. ten C. eleven D. twelve
10. You have $148, and you can in June.
A. listen to Jazz B. watch Scottish dancing C. go to Anhui Museum
D. stay in Sun Hotel for a night
There was a pilot(飞行员) and four people in a small plane. Suddenly there was something wrong with the machine while it was flying in the air. The smoke was everywhere in the plane. The pilot told the people there were only four parachutes(降落伞). They all became worried and started to make excuses.
“I must go and mend the machine,” said the pilot, taking one of the parachutes. There was nothing he could do so he jumped out.
The first person stood up, “I’m a doctor,” he said, “I help people live longer and I save lives.” He
- 4 -
also took a parachute and jumped out.
The next person said, “I must have a parachute. I’m a very clever person. I have to attend an important game. I know I’ll win the game because I’ll be the cleverest person there.” He picked up a pack and jumped out.
Two men were left — an old businessman and a young mountain climber. By this time the plane was going down fast. The businessman said, “Young man, I’m old but you’re still young. You take the last parachute.” The young mountain climber smiled. “Don’t worry,” he said. “We can both jump with safety because there are still two parachutes. Just now the clever person jumped out with my backpack.”
11. All the people became worried because
A. they couldn’t find the parachutes
B. they were afraid the plane would be broken and knew there were not enough parachutes for
C. there was too much smoke and they couldn’t jump out of the plane
D. they saw the pilot jump out first
12. The clever man jumped out with .
A. a parachute B. nothing C. the pack of the climber’s D. two parachutes
13. All the people thought of themselves except A. the pilot B. the clever man C. the doctor D. the businessman
14. From the story we know would die.
A. the clever man B. the businessman C. the pilot D. the doctor
15. was a kind—hearted man.
A. The pilot B. The mountain climber C. The businessman D. The doctor
What is your favourite cartoon? It may be difficult for you to decide. But for the pianist Lang Lang, Tom and Jerry is the best one.
When Lang was two years old, he saw Tom was playing the piano. This was his first time to enjoy western music and this experience encouraged him to learn to play the piano.
His talent at the keyboard has taken him from Shenyang to the world.
Lang became a good piano student at three. Ever since, the boy has been doing better and better. In 1997, the 15-year-old boy studied at a famous American music college.
Lang’s performances are energetic. He is well-known for making facial expressions and moving around while playing the piano.
The road to success has never been easy. Lang’s father stopped his job to look after him, while his mother stayed in Shenyang to make money. But Lang considers himself lucky and believes he should give something back. He has helped the children in poor areas a lot.
- 5 -
life Name Year of birth ____3______ Favourite ____4_____ The reason for ____5____poor children Lang Lang ______2_______ Keyboard Tom and Jerry He believes himself lucky and should give something back. The ____6____for western music in his childhood encouraged him to learn piano____7_____. With the help of his parents and teachers, he was able to _____8_____a famous American college, where his success began. Famous for his_____9_____performences and ____10_____facial
expressions and moving around while playing the piano.
1._________2. _________3. _________4. _________5. _________
6. _________7. _________8. _________9. _________10. _________
1. —Where can these magazines be _________(可获得的)?
—In our school library.
2.Lucy and Lily are twins, but they don’t have ________ (相似的) hobbies.
3. Look, there is a wallet _______（躺） on the ground. Let’s pick it up and give it to the policeman.
4. —What are your parents?
—They are both 牙医) in a big hospital.
5. “It’s (不公平的),” the young man shouted angrily.
6. —Who is your mother 辩论) with?
7.The man 解释) to the police again and again, but none of them believed what he said.
8. —How many (气球)can you see in the sky?
9. It's nice of _________ (she) to help me with my English.
10.Don't be _________ (worry), she will come back soon.
11.You'd better _________ (wear) warm clothes. It's cold outside.
- 6 -
12._________ Millie _________ (colour) the pictures yet?
13. As a teacher, you should treat every student __________ (equal).
14. He doesn’t mind __________(share) his ideas with his classmates.
15. I think Andy has many good ___________(quality) to be a good leader.
Sally was a student in a small town. It was going to her mother’s birthday. She wanted to buy her a .
after a quick and simple lunch. After she looked for about forty minutes, to take a black one. She thought, “Mom can carry it when she is wearing clothes of color.” So she bought a lovely black umbrella and took it to school with her until her
餐车returned, it had gone. Sally began to cry. The orher passengers felt very sorry for her and asked what the matter was. She told them the black umbrella she bought for her mother had gone, and she had to this , they asked her for her mother’s so that they could send the umbrella to her if someone took it by mistake (弄错) and And now a week passed. Sally got a letter from her mother. It said, “Thank you very much for your
David is very and never 2. Simon是个细心的男孩。他从来都不会忘记他需要做的事件。
Simon is a careful boy and he never forgets the things he ____ _____ _____.
Sometimes, it is Daniel me.
Lisa is very and always details.
- 7 -
I have never seen _____ ______ _______ ______. 八. 书面表达。（15分）
- 8 -
1. expensive 2. shopping 3. decided 4. any 5. hungry
6. seat 7. heard 8. address 9. back 10. gifts
1. confident; modest; shows off 2. needs to do 3. impatient of; to listen to 4. practical; pays attention to 5. so many beautiful/nice flowers
八. 书面表达。 One possible version:
And I hope he can do the job better if he becomes our new monitor.
- 9 -