1. 过去完成时 构成：由助动词had + 过去分词 构成
否定式：had not + 过去分词 缩写形式：hadn’t
①表示过去某一时间可用by, before 等构成的短语来表示
②也可以用when, before, after 等引导的时间状语从句来表示
When I got there, you had already eaten you meal. 当我到达那里时，你已经开
By the time he got here, the bus had left. 到他到达这里时，汽车已经离开了
by the time 直到?时候
By the time we got to his house, he had finished supper.
3. 英语中表示“把某物遗忘在某处”常用 leave + 地点
而不是forget+地点 如：Unluckily, I left my book at home
4. close v. 关 adv. 接近地 靠近地 closed adj. 关的
5. come out 出来
6. on time 按时 准时 既不早也不迟 in time 及时 指在时限到来之前
7. luckily adv. 幸运地 lucky adj. 幸运的 luck n. 好运
8. give sb. a ride 让某搭便车 如：
He often gives me a ride to school. 他经常让我搭便车去学校。
9.only just 刚刚好、恰好
10. go off (闹钟)闹响 The alarm went off just now. 刚才警钟响了。
11. break down 坏掉
12. fool n. 傻子 呆子 v. 愚弄 欺骗 如： He is a fool. 他是一个呆子。 We can’t fool our teach. 我们不能欺骗我们的教师。(动词)
13. show up 出现 出席 She didn’t show up last night. 昨晚她没有出现
14. invite sb. to do sth. 邀请某人做某做事 如：
My friend invited me to watch TV. 我的朋友邀请我看电视。
15. set off 激起 出发 set up 建立
①so ? that 如此?以致于
如：She got up early so that she could catch the bus.
’t say a word. 她悲伤得一句话也说不出来。(结果状语从句)
17. flee from 从?逃跑 避开 如：They fled from their home. 他们从他们的家里逃了出来。
get married 结婚
20. convince v. 使信服 convincing adj. 令人信服的
21. land v. 着落
22. be late for 迟到
23. a piece of 一片/块/张 如： a piece of paper/ bread
1. By the time I got to the bus stop, the bus had already _________(leave).
2. They _______ (make) a lot of friends since they came to our school.
3. She was so ________ (embarrass) that he didn’t know what to say at the moment.
4. They have been _______(marry) since eight years ago.
5. We _______(learn)eight units by the end of last week.
6. My sister _______ (watch) TV when I ________ (get) home yesterday.
7.By the time my parents reached home yesterday, I _______ (cook) the dinner already.
8.I saw Lucy yesterday. We _______ (not see) each other for ten years.
9. Traveling by air is ____________ (expensive) than by train.
10. Changjiang River is ___________ (long) river in China.
二、单项选择.( )1. Was a car invented _____ March 4, 1876?
A. on B. in C. at D. of
( )2. Rice is grown in South China _____ them.
A. by B. in C. with D. for
( )3. The man is made _____ some extra hours.
A. work B. to work C. worked D. working
( )4. This is my new pen. It_____ me 18 yuan.
A. cost B. spent C. paid D. took
( )5. This kind of food is cooked by a cook _____ Jack.
A. call B. calls C. called D. calling
( )6. Our classroom _____ every day, so it’s very clean.
A. cleans B. is cleaning C. is cleaned D. cleaned
( )7. Li Ming came to school _____his Dad’s car this morning.
A. on B. in C. by D. at
( )8. The film _______ for ten minutes when we got to the cinema.
A. began B. had begun C. was D. had been on
( )9. There _______ great changes in my hometown by the end of 2000.
A. have been B. were C. had been D. had had
( )10. _____ Ted _____ I take the bus to school every day . We both ride bikes instead.
A Neither;nor B Both;and C Either;or D Neither;or
( )11. What happened _____ you _____ April Fool’s Day ?
A with;in B to;on C with;on D to;in
( )12.—When did you ________?
—I've _______ for two months.
A.be married; been married B.get married; been married
C.be married; married D.get married; got married
( )13.This is ________ that most of the Chinese people become excited.
A.such good news B.so good a news
C.so a good news D.such a good news
( )14.—When shall we go to the zoo?
—Make _________ any day you like. It's all the same to me.
A.the time B.the date C.it D.sure
( )15.It was such an _________ joke that everyone felt really __________.
A.embarrassing; embarrassed B.embarrassed; embarrassing
C.embarrassed; embarrassed D.embarrassing; embarrassing
1. Don’t forget to _________(锁) your bike. Five bikes were lost last night.
2. The children _________(冲，奔) out of the school when the bell rang.
3. Yesterday the girl _________(违反) the rule and her teacher was angry.
4. When I was about to read my book, I found I had ________(忘了带) it at home.
5. He _________(睡过头) this morning and went to school late.
1. By the end of last year, I ________(be) to the West Hill Farm three times.
2. By the time I got up, Mom _________(go) out for some exercise.
3. I __________(learn) 1,000 English words by last term.
4. By 9 o’clock last night, we ________(get) 200 pictures from the spaceship.
5. When I went into the classroom, the final bell ________(ring). I was happy that I wasn’t late.
1. He ___________(醒来) very early and went out for a walk in the park.
2. I ___________(让她搭便车), so she invited me to have dinner.
3. I hope that all of you will come to the meeting ____________(准时).
4. His car ___________(出故障), so he had to get it repaired.
5.This Monday my alarm clock didn’t __________(发出响声) and I got up late. Ⅳ. 选择可以填入空白处的正确答案。
( ) 1. — Did you meet Tom at the airport?
— No. His plane ________ by the time I ________ there.
A. has taken off; got B. took off; had got
C. took off; arrived D. had taken off; arrived
( ) 2. We ______ four thousand new words by the end of last year.
A. learned B. had learned
C. have learned D. will learn
( ) 3. By nine o’clock yesterday evening, we ______ our work.
A. have finished B. finished
C. had finished D. finish
( ) 4. He told us that he ______ the letters in the morning.
A. will post B. have posted
C. was posting D. had posted
( ) 5. — Did you see Mr Smith when you were in France?
— No. When I _______ France, he _______ to China.
A. had arrived in; had gone B. arrived in; has been
C. got to; had gone D. had got to; had been
She _______ ________ ________ shower and went to work.
I’m ________ ________ _ ________ work.
The dog ________ ________ ________when I ran out.
We ________ ________ the train station before 10 yesterday morning.
________ ________ ________ I got to the cinema, the movie _______ ________. Ⅵ.
B: Yes, I have. But only once last term.
B: I stayed up watching the football match the evening before, so I overslept the next morning.
A: What did you do after you got up?
B: (3)_________ But unfortunately, by the time I got there, the bus had already left. A: Poor guy! And then?
B: So I started walking. Luckily, my uncle drove by and gave me a ride.
A: But you didn’t make it in the end, did you?
B: No, I didn’t. (4)_________
A: What did your teacher say?
A: Yes, he is right. Thanks for your answering.
B: It’s my pleasure.
Section B & Self check
1. Your glass is e_________ , but mine is full.
2. My uncle is a teacher and my aunt is a f________ on the farm.
3. My parents have been m_________ for 15 years.
4. Words cannot d________ the beauty of his girlfriend.
1. The little boy is too young to get (dress).
2. The soldiers were ________(exhaust) after a month’s fight.
3. Their ideas all sound so ________(convince).
4. Girls like reading stories with happy __________(end).
5. I have heard that one bear ________(flee) from the zoo last night.
2. The T-shirts were cheap and ________ fast.
3. Don’t ___________ so late again. It’s bad for your health.
4. The hoax about earthquake ___________ a panic this morning in the village.
5. She hasn’t ___________ yet, and we have been waiting for her for half an hour.
We never imagined that man could _____________________.
He bought 3. 请递给我两片面包好吗？
Could you please pass me ____________________________?
By the time we got to the cinema, the tickets _____________________________.
Jimmy is so young ______________________________.
The first day of April is full of fun. It is April Fool’s Day. A fool on that day is a
On April Fool’s Day, people tell lies (撒谎(3) people. They
play tricks (恶作剧(4). You can tell a lie on April
Fool’s Day. If someone believes the lie, say, “April Fool!” But you should be c
(5). Someone may tell you a lie, too. If you believe it, he or she will say, “April Fool!”
Here are some April Fool lies.
“Your shoe is untied.” “There’s a bug on your shoulder (肩膀).”
“Our teacher says we’re having a math t(6) today.”
“Your bike has a flat tire (扁的轮胎).”
You can play such an April Fool’s trick:
Tape (用……绑起) a very long thread to the money. Put the (8) pull (拉) back the thread quickly. Laugh and say, “April Fool!”
said just now Ⅴ. 1. person 2. believes 3. other 4. laughs 5. careful 6. test 7. need 8.
Ⅰ.1. lock 2. rushed 3. broke 4. left 5. overslept Ⅱ.1. had been 2. had gone 3. had learned
4. had gotten 5. had read
Ⅲ.1. woke up 2. gave her a ride 3. on time 4 . broke down 5. go off Ⅳ. 1-5 DBCDC
Ⅴ. 1. took a quick 2. never late for 3. had run off
4. had gotten to 5. By the time; had begun
Ⅵ. 1-5 DAFGE
Section B & Self check
Ⅰ.1. empty 2. farmer 3. married 4. describe 5. Fool’s Ⅱ.1. dressed 2. exhausted 3. convincing 4. endings 5. fled
Ⅲ.1. got married 2. sold out 3. stay up
4. set off 5. showed up
Ⅳ. 1. land on the moon
2. as much food as he could
3. two pieces of bread
4. had already been sold out
5. that he can’t understand what you money 9. Hold 10. pick