Unit 4 He said I was hard-working
【单元目标】 1．目标句型： 转述他人话语 What did sb. say? He said I … She said she… They said… 2．语法 直接引语和间接引语
1．mad adj．极为愤怒的；十分恼火的 ．她为我丢了钥匙而生我的气。
He doesn't come here anymore．他再也不到这儿来了。
He can answer the question however hard it is．不管问题有多难他都能回答。
What do you suppose you will do after school? 你放学后想干什么?
I felt very nervous when I went into his office．
We will have ten subjects in this semester．这个学期我们将学十门功课。
Maybe this news is disappointing ．也许这是一个令人失望的消息。
8．be supposed to 认为必须；认为应该
You are supposed to be successful．你应该成功。
9．get mad 变疯；变得着迷 ．她对跳舞着了迷。
10．get over 恢复，克服困难
Can we get over this difficulty? 我们能克服这个困难吗?
11. first of all 首先
12. pass on 传递
13. be supposed to 被期望或被要求……
14. do better in 在......方面做得更好
15. be in good health 身体健康
16. report card 成绩单
17. get over 克服；恢复；原谅
18. open up 打开；开拓；开发；开放
19. care for 照料；照顾
20．have a party for sb. 为某人举行一次聚会
21．be mad at sb 对某人恼火，愤怒
1. What are some soap operas you know? 你所知道的有哪些肥皂剧？
you know是定语从句，修饰前日面的名词soap operas
2. What are some things that happen on soap operas? 肥皂剧里发生了些什么事？ That happen on soap operas 是定语从句，修饰前日面的名字something.
3. Lana said she wasn’t mad at Marcia anymore. 拉娜说她不再生玛西娅的气了。 be mad at (with) sb. 对某人恼火
be mad at (about) sth. (doing sth.) 对某事恼火
eg. Mother got mad at (with) me for watching TV for hours.
（此处的got mad at = was mad at）
not… anymore 不再……
eg. She didn’t cry anymore. 她不再哭了。
4. bring some books to her house. 给她带来一些书
bring sth. to 从（远处）带来，拿来（到近处）
而其反义词为：take… to “从（近处）拿（走）到（远处）
eg. Could you bring some water to me?
Please take the chair to Jim’s room.
5.pass this message to sb.将这个消息(信息)传给某人
pass on sth. to sb 把某物传递给某人
eg. She said she would pass the dictionary to Tom.
6.You want to know why C didn’t return it and where it is.你想知道为什么C未将它还回来并想知道它在哪里。
此句中why C didn’t return it and where it is是宾语从句作know的宾语,请注意宾语从句的语序。（陈述语序）
7．You were supposed to meet at the bus stop this morning to return it.
be supposed to do ……被期望，应该(做……)
eg. He is supposed to be there on time.按理他应该准时到哪里。
1. In English, I’m better at reading than listening.
be better at doing (than doing)是be good at ……的比较级，意思为“更擅长……” eg. Are they better at playing football than basketball?
2. I can do better in math.在数学方面我能做得更好。
do well in 在…方面做得好 eg. Does she do well in physics?
3. I finished my end –of –year exams last week. 我上周结束了期末考试。
finish sth. (doing sth.) eg. Did he finish doing his homework before he went to bed?
4. I had a really hard time with science this semester. 这学期我的科学学科学得的确不好。
5. It’s not right to copy other’s homework. 抄袭别人的作业是不对的。
请记住这一句型：It’s right for sb to do …
It’s right for sb to do…
6. I said I didn’t think it was a good idea for her to copy ma homework.
7. She said it was much better if she din her own work.
e.g. He runs much faster than I.
8. Teaching high school students in a poor mountain village in Gansu Province may not sound like fun to you. 在甘肃省一个贫困的山村里教中学学生在你听起来可能不算什么有趣的事。
sound like +名词，意思为“听起来像……”
9. Every year they send 100 volunteers to teach in China’s rural areas.
send …to …派，送…到…
10. Her village was 2000 meters above sea level. 她的村庄位于海拔2千米。
11. the thin air made her feel sick 稀薄的空气使她病了
make sb. do 使某人干某事（此处只能用动词原形，不能+to）
12.They love heaving volunteer teachers there. 他们喜爱让志愿者老师教他们。
love doing (to do)
13.There often isn’t money for education. 经常没有钱来受教育。
14. I can open up my students’ eyes to the outside world.
15. give them a good start in life 给他们一个生活的新起点
give sb. sth.给某人某物
16. She said she likes being a good influence in the children’s lives.
17. Yang Lei enjoyed her time as a volunteer very much. 杨蕾很愿意做一个志愿者。
18. care for “Mother Earth” 关心“地球母亲”
19. care for wild animals in danger 关心处于危险中的野生动物
20. I can’t do anything about that. 我对于那件事无能为力。
1. hard working 与work hard
前者是形容词，可作表语、定语；如：a hard-working student ; He is hard-working. 后者是一个动词短语，“努力工作”hard 是副词，修饰动作work.
eg. Alice works hard.
2. forget to do 与forget doing…
前者是“忘记做……”(to do 表示将来的动作)
e.g. Don’t forget to call me.别忘了打电话给我。
She forgot to mail the letter.她忘了寄信。
后者是“忘记曾做……”(通常与will, shall, never连用)
eg. I’ll never forget seeing the musical in New York.我永远忘不了在纽约看过的那出歌舞喜剧。
Tom said to me,“My brother is doing his homework.”
→Tom said to me that his brother was doing his homework.
2. 人称代词、指示代词、时间状语、地点状语等等的变化；根据意义进行相应的变化。 例如：
She asked Jack, “Where have you been?” →She asked Jack where he had been. He said, “These books are mine.” →He said that those books were his.
“I want the blue one.” he told us. “我想要蓝色的。” 他说。
→He told us that he wanted the blue one.他说他想要蓝色的。
She said to me, “You can’t settle anything now.”她对我说：“此刻你无法解决任何事情。”
→She told me that I couldn’t settle anything then. 她对我说那时候我无法解决任何事。
直接引语如果是疑问句，变成间接引语后，叫做间接疑问句。间接疑问句为陈述语序，句末用句号，动词时态等的变化与间接陈述句相同。引述动词常用ask, wonder, want to know, inquire。间接疑问句一般有三种：
(1)．一般疑问句由直接引语变为间接引语时， 由whether或if 引导。
“Has he ever worked in Shanghai?”Jim asked. “他在上海工作过吗？”吉姆问。
→Jim asked whether/if he had ever worked in Shanghai. 吉姆问他是否在上海工作过。 “Can you tell me the way to the hospital?” The old man asked.
→The old man asked whether I could tell him the way to the hospital.
“Which room do you live in?” He asked. “你住哪个房间？”他问我。
→He asked me which room I lived in. 他问我住哪个房间。
“What do you think of the film?” She asked. 她问“你怎么看这部电影？”
→She asked her friend what she thought of the film. 她问她的朋友怎么看这部电影。
(3). 选择疑问句由直接引语变为间接引语时，由whether/if …or引导。
“Is it your bike or Tom’s? Mum asked. 妈妈问：“这是你的自行车还是汤姆的？” →Mum asked whether/if it was my bike or Tom’s. 妈妈问这是我的自行车还是汤姆的。 “Does your sister like blue dresses or green ones?” Kate asked.
→Kate asked whether/if my sister liked blue dresses or green ones.
Jack said, “Please come to my house tomorrow, Mary.”杰克说：“玛丽，明天请到我家来。” →Jack asked Mary to go to his house the next day. 杰克请玛丽第二天到他家去。 The teacher said to the students,“Stop talking.”老师对学生们说：“不要讲话了。”
→The teacher told the students to stop talking.老师让学生们不要说话了。
“Don’t touch anything.” He said.“不要碰任何东西。”他说。
→He told us not to touch anything.他对我们说不要碰任何东西。
today that day
now then, at that moment
yesterday the day before
the day before yesterday two days before
tomorrow the next day / the following day
the day after tomorrow two days after, / in two days
next week/ month etc the next week/month etc
last week/ month etc the week / month etc. before
“I feel better today.” He said. “我今天感觉好多了。”他说。
→He said that he felt better that day. 他说他那天感觉好多了。
“Xiao Ming is doing some washing” Mum said. “小明正在洗衣服。”妈妈说。 →Mum said that Xiao Ming was doing some washing. 妈妈说小明正在洗衣服。
1. Tom does well in Chinese; however Lucy does Chinese_______ (good) than Tom.
2. Lily isn’t good at math, in the end-of-year exam she did__________ (bad) of all the students.
3. When I heard the_________ news, how_________ I am! (disappoint)
4. We are___________ (luck) enough to have bought the last tickets for the World Cup.
1. It’s k_______ to all that Bill Gates is a famous person all over the world.
2. Miss Zhao said that Jack wasn’t lazy, he was a h__________ student.
3. “L________, I have passed the Mid-exam.” Ford told us happily.
4. All of the ____________(信息) come from the west.
5. She is a lazy girl, every day she always_________（照抄）my homework.
1. Dick said he____________ (report) some important things to us the day after tomorrow.
2. First of all, you must tell me what you____________ (do) at nine last night.
3. My best friend tells me he _____________ (send) some gifts to me for my birthday.
4. Listen, some beautiful birds____________ (sing) in the tree.
5.________you _________ (argue) with your father when I knocked at the door?
6. I was surprised___________ (find) that Ann got mad after hearing the bad news.
7. I don’t know if Lucy___________ (come) to see me in five days.
8. The teacher told us the earth__________ (travel) round the sun.
9. I don’t think you are____________ (suppose) to smoke in the classroom.
10. He said he _____________ (clean) his bedroom at this time yesterday.
1. Meimei said,” I can pass the end-of-year exam easily.” （同义句）
Meimei said _________________________ pass the end-of-year exam easily.
2. I hope that my parents are both well. （同义句）
I hope that my parents are _________________good__________________.
3. “Don’t shout at the old people”, mother said to her son. （同义句）
Mother _______________ her son____________________ shout at the old people.
4. I liked spring better than summer. （同义句）
I __________________ spring _________________ summer.
5. This little girl is very clever. (变感叹句)
_____________________________ the little girl is!
( ) 1. —The earth goes round the sun.
—What did he say? I couldn’t hear him. — _____________.
A. He says the earth goes round the sun. B. He said the earth goes round the sun. C: He said the earth went round the sun. D. He says the earth went round the sun.
( ) 2.The box is .
A. big enough, put my shoes B. enough big, put my shoes in
C. big enough, put my shoes in D .big, put shoes in
( ) 3.She told us she liked
A. to play B. playing the C. to play a D. playing a
A looked worrying , looked over B. seemed like worried; looked after
C. looks worried , looked after D. seemed worried; looked over
A. does he B. doesn’t he C. can’t she D. can she
( in the supermarket.
A. woman teachers, tomatoes B. woman teachers, tomatos
C. women teachers, tomatos D. women teachers, tomatoes
( ) 7. Tom says he_____ wash hands before a meal.
A. must to B. will has to C. has to D. have to
( ) 8. They _____ to visit our school the day after tomorrow.
A. come B. coming C. are coming D. shall come
( ) 9. When you come here this afternoon. Please_____ your sister_____ you.
A. take, with B. carry, with C. bring, with D. bring, to
( ) 10. I’m afraid there_____ a heavy rain this afternoon.
A. will be going to B. will C. will have D. will be
( ) 11._____ there was something wrong with the machine.
A. There seems B. It seemed that C. He seemed D. It seem that
( ) 12. I didn’t know she_______ play_______ guitar(吉他) when she was four.
A. can, \ B. could, the C. could,\ D. can, the
( ) 13. Mother thought_______ a clever boy.
A. he is B. him C. him was D. his
( ) 14. Can you______ this word______ English?
A. say; in B. speak; in C. speak; with D. say; with
( ) 15.The rich men can buy_______ lots of things.
A. himself B. him C. them D. themselves
Not long ago, there was a story in Russia about ZHUOYA and SHULA. They were sister and same class of a strict themselves. Their homework was given the day before. SHULA was clever. He had done his homework earlier. But ZHUOYA hadn’t yet. The next afternoon she went on doing hers.
SHULA thought his sister maybe couldn’t finish some of the exercises. So he put his exercise-book with answers on his sister’s desk before ZHUOYA came in the classroom, and went out quietly to play. A few minutes later, ZHUOYA came in and saw her brother’s exercise-book on her desk. But she had never looked at it all. She sat on her seat, thinking and thinking. Five minutes, ten minutes, half an hour . An hour and a , she worked out all problems at last and handed it in on time that afternoon. How happy she was!
“Why not copy my key down in, sister?” asked SHULA with a smile. “No, I didn’t. I must use my head and try my to all by myself. I’m sure, I can a way. I don’t like to be lazy inhomework,” answered ZHUOYA.
( ) 1. A. a B. an C. the D. /
( ) 2. A. both B. either C. neither D. all
( ) 3. A. on B. with C. in D. at
( ) 4. A. past B. pass C. passed D. pasted
( ) 5. A. later B. late C. latterly D. lately
( ) 6. A. you B. yours C. your D. mine
( ) 7. A. good B. better C. best D. well
( ) 8. A. work them out B. work out them C. work them off D. work off them
( ) 9. A. look for B. find C. found D. looked for
( ) 10. A. doing B. to do C. done D. do
Lana’ TV then. He promised that in time and bring some flowers to Lana. Eric said he
Look at ad①
Susan is looking for a house to rent. It doesn’t matter how old and how expensive it is. She’s got to study for her exam, so the house must be quiet.
( ) 1. Susan doesn’t want to rent the house because_____.
A. it’s too old B. it’s too expensive C. there is only one bedroom D. it’s too noisy
Look at ad②
Mum: Look at that ad for the dance club! The lessons are free. You can join it.
Daughter: My dear mum! You haven’t read it carefully. On Saturday, I have an English
lesson in the morning, an art lesson in the afternoon and math lesson in the
evening. I want some free time.
( ) 2. Why can’t the daughter join the club?
A. She’s free B. It’s too expensive
C. She wants to do her homework D. She wants to have a rest
Look at ad③
Mr. Klip’s children are going to learn swimming. They’ll have a holiday from July 1 to 14.
( ) 3. How long will it take the children to learn to swim in the Centre?
A. 3 days B. 4 days C. 1 week D. 2 weeks
Look at ad④
Nick has always wanted to work in a garden. He thinks it’s an exciting place. It’s hard work, but he can do it.
( ) 4. What else does he need to do if he chooses to do the garden work?
A. To help with his lessons B. To clean the kitchen and the rooms.
C. To look after the flowers and grass. D. To do the washing for 3 hours a week.
A city is a very big place. Sometimes it’s a lonely place, too. There are thousands of people in a city, but some of them don’t have any friends.
How about you? Do you have a lot of friends? If you don’t, make friends today. If you do, make another friend today.
Pick a stranger at your job or school. Walk up to him or her and say, “Hello. My name’s....What’s your name?” Start with a conversation(谈话). Smile, listen carefully, and show interest in your new friend’ s answers. Ask “Where are you from?” and “Do you like this city?” That’s a good way to start.
（ ）1. A city is a very big and noisy and lonely place.
（ ）2. Everyone in the city has many friends.
（ ）3. The paragraph tells us not to make friends in a city.
（ ）4. When you wanted to make friends with someone, please say at first,“What’ s your
name? How old are you?”
（ ）5. It’s a good thing to make friends with others.
1.在英语方面, 阅读和听力相比较, 我更擅长阅读。
In English, I’m ____________________ reading than listening.
Many people _________________________________ Xie Tingfeng yesterday.
Da Mao _______________________________ be the thief who stole the things.
I _____________ want to eat bread _______________ because I have had enough.
There is a big _____________serious football players and so-called football players.