30. My brother Michael studies in ___________ university in Chengdu.
A. a B. an C. the
31. Spring Festival is coming. I can’t wait____________ a good rest.
A. having B. to have C. get
32. Uncle Tom, could I borrow __________ shirt? ___________ is wet.
A. your; My B. yours; Mine C. your; Mine
33. Our class won the first prize in the competition ________ our hard work.
A. because B. so C. because of
34. In the new year, the Smiths are going to live _________________.
A. a relaxing place B. somewhere quiet C. beautiful somewhere
35. Xiaohua, let's go to Wangfujing Department Store. There is a winter ___________ these days.
A. sale B. sell C. sold
36. In my opinion, going bike riding is much __________ than going fishing in such fine weather.
A. more fun B. interesting C. most exciting
37. As my best friend, she often _________ me in chemistry. But this time, I ________ the chemistry competition.
A. beat; beat B. beats; won C. wins; beat
38. Dad, I don't have enough time to go to school. Could I ____________?
A. give a ride B. go for a drive C. get a ride
39. ---Teachers’ Day is coming. Can you go to see Miss Zhang with us, Lily?
--- _____________. I miss her so much.
A. Yes, I can’t. B. Sure, I’d love to C. Really
40. My pet dog is lost. I feel as _________ as my wife. We both cry hard.
A. sad B. good C. funny
41. Kate, why don’t you come to work _______ as usual? It’s dangerous to drive when you are ill.
A. by a bus B. on a bike C. by car
42. Please don’t do your homework and listen to music __________. It’s bad for your study.
A. some times B. at the same time C. every day
43. ---How long are the boys staying in the south of China?
---It depends on the weather. Maybe ___________.
A. two weeks ago B. once a week C. for three days
44. Jim’s brothers spent a whole day ___________ in the aquarium. They forgot ________ back
before ten o’clock.
A. hanging out; to come B. hung out; coming C. hang out; to come
45. Tina, we are going hiking this afternoon. ________ us!
A. Take part in B. Join C. Coming with
46. Stop keeping quiet. You should ____________ with your parents and tell them your problems.
A. communicate B. meet C. have
In a small town in France, there was a farmer. Every day he 61. _________ a pound(磅) of butter to a baker(面包师). One day the baker decided 62. ________ if he was getting a pound. After he weighed(称重) the butter, he found that he wasn’t. So he took 63. ________ farmer to the judge(法官).
The farmer told the judge, “I am so 64. _______ that I don’t have enough money to buy anything to weigh the butter, 65. ______ I have a kind of scale(天平).” The judge asked, “Then how do you weigh the butter?” The farmer answered, “Before the baker started buying butter from
66. _______, I had bought bread from him. So now every time when I bring home the bread from the baker, I put it on the scale and give him the butter of the same weight.”
We 67. _________ what we give to others in life. Always ask yourself this 68. _________, “Am I honest(诚实的)?”
To be honest can be a 69. _________. If you are always not honest, you will not even know what is true. In fact, if you are not honest, you will hurt 70. ________ in the end.
61. A. fed B. borrowed C. sold
62. A. to see B. knowing C. watch
63. A. a B. the C. an
64. A. poor B. quiet C. happy
65. A. so B. or C. but
66. A. I B. me C. my
67. A. get back B. give to C. look at
68. A. answer B. question C. idea
69. A. difference B. habit C. thing
70. A. you B. yourself C. your
A: Jack, what's wrong with you?
B: I feel terrible. I have a stomachache. I 1. ___________ too much yesterday.
A: Why is that?
B: It was my cousin’s birthday yesterday. So we went to the KFC to eat many fried chicken legs. A: Oh, that’s bad for your 2. ________. It’s junk food. Did you see a doctor?
B: Yes. The doctor gave me some medicine and asked me to have 3. __________ twice a day. A: And I think you should stay at home and have a good 4. __________.
B: But the final exam is coming. I have to study for the exam.
A: That’s not a 5. _________ for you. You are good at all the subjects.
B: But I 6. __________ need to work hard at it. Dad says if I have good 7. ___________, he will take me to Hong Kong for winter vacation.
A: Sounds great. You can have fun 8. ___________ the Disneyland Park and the aquarium there. B: You are right. Maybe I can take 9.___________ with Mickey Mouse and the sharks. A: How 10. ____________ you are! I hope I can go to Hong Kong one day!
________1______. During the winter months, people________2_______ get colds and flu (流感). Many people think they are the same, but they are______3_________.
Colds can stay with you for up to a week. You will have a running nose, sore throat, headache, cough and a fever.
Flu is_______4_______. You will feel sick very quickly. You will have a fever and a
headache. Your body will hurt and become weak. This could last for up to four weeks.
Is there any way to keep yourself away from colds and flu? Staying clear of（避开）_________5__________with colds or flu may work.
Try not to touch (触摸)______6________ nose or eyes if you have been close to someone who has a cold. Wash your hands, especially after________7_______your nose.
_______8________ out with wet hair can also give you a cold!
If you catch a cold or flu, go to bed and rest. Doing this will help you get________9_______. Drink lots of water. Stay in a warm, well-aired room. If you have a headache, or your muscles （肌肉） hurt, don’t forget_______10_______ some medicine.
I. Role-play the conversation
Mandy: Lisa, are you OK?
Lisa: I have a headache and I can’t move my neck. What should I do? Should I take my temperature?
Mandy: No, it doesn’t sound like you have a fever. What did you do on the weekend?
Lisa: I played computer games all weekend.
Mandy: That’s probably why. You need to take breaks away from the computer.
Lisa: Yeah, I think I sat in the same way too long without moving.
Mandy: I think you should lie down and rest. If your head and neck still hurt tomorrow, then go
to a doctor.
Lisa: OK. Thanks, Mandy.
II. Read the passage. Do you think it comes from a newspaper or a book?
Bus Driver and Passengers Save an Old Man.
At 9:00 a.m. yesterday, bus No.26 was going along Zhonghua Road when the driver saw an old man ________ on the side of the road. A woman next to him was shouting for help. The bus driver, 24-year-old Wang Ping, stopped the bus without _______ twice He got off and asked the woman what _________. She said that the old man had a heart problem and should go to the hospital. Mr. Wang knew he had to act quickly. He told the passengers that he must take the man to the hospital. He expected most or all of the _______ to __________ and wait for the next bus. But ______________, they all agreed to go with him. Some passengers_______ Mr. Wang to move the man on the bus.
_______ Mr. Wang and the passengers, the doctors saved the man in time. “It’s said that many people don’t want to help others because they don’t want any trouble,” says one passenger. “But the driver didn’t think about __________. He only thought about saving a life.”
1. matter n. 问题，事情 2.have v. 得（病），患（病） 3.stomachache n. 胃痛，腹痛
4.cough n/v. 咳嗽 5..fever n. 发烧，发热 6.cold n. 感冒，受凉
7.toothache n. 牙痛 8.headache n. 头痛 9. have a headache 头痛
10.sore adj. 疼痛的，酸痛的 11.neck n. 脖子，颈部 12.throat n. 喉咙，咽喉
13.have a sore throat 喉咙痛 14.hurt v. （使）疼痛，受伤 15.lie v. 躺
16.passenger n. 乘客，旅客 17.trouble v/n. 问题，苦恼18.to one’s surprise 使某人惊讶的是
19.take one’s temperature 给某人量体温20.break n. 间隙，休息21.thanks to 由于，多亏
( )1.----What’s the matter your computer?
----It doesn’t work.
A. about B. for C. on D. with
( ) 2. ---Why are you so tired these days?
---Well, I have homework to do. (2013 孝感)
A. too much B. too many C. much too D. many too
( )3. --Would you like some coffee, please?
A. to B. for C. with D. from
( )4. Tina didn’t come to school yesterday because she a bad cold.
A. made B. wanted C. had D. took
( )5. I couldn’t do it your great help. Thanks a lot ! (2013广州)
A. with B. without C. for D. to
( )6 . When I walked past the park, I saw some old people Chinese Taiji.
A. do B. did C. doing D. are doing (2013山东莱芜)
( A. get to B. get off C. get up D. get over (2012 山东)
( )9. ---Jenny cut her finger cooking dinner. What should she do?
---She should .
A. see a dentist B. get some sleep C. put some medicine on the cut D. exercise more
( )10. , volunteering is both a chance to help others and a good way to develop
ourselves . So you’d better make time to volunteer . (2012山西)
A. To my surprise B. To be honest C. To begin with
( --Well, it’s like---- (2013 武汉)
A. what’s wrong with it B. what is it
C. what the matter is with it D. what is it like
( a car hit him suddenly.
A. while B. when C. until D. as soon as
A.Because B. Thanks to C. Thanks for D. With the help
( ) 15. ---How far is it from your school to your home?
A. ten-minutes B. ten minutes’ C. ten minute’s D. ten-minute’s