生 词 书 签
road n. 路； (尤指) 公路
accident n. 交通事故； 意外事件
journey n. 旅行； 旅程
classmate n. 同班同学
except prep. 除……之外
e.g. I like every subject except math. 除了数学我每个学科都喜欢。 choice n. 选择
e.g. They may have no choice. 他们可能没有别的选择。
far adv. 远；遥远 adj. 远的；遥远的 e.g. He took his journey into a far country. 他到一个遥远的国家去旅行。 How far can you throw? 你能扔多远？
far from 远离
e.g. The school is far from my home.
close adj. （距离上）近的；接近的 adv. （距离上）接近地 e.g. The church is close to the school. 教堂在学校附近。 They live quite close. 他们住得很近。
crowded adj. 拥挤的； 人数过多的 e.g. It is so crowded that there is not even stand room. 挤得几乎没有站立的地方。
all the time 一直；不断地 e.g. He is a businessman all the time. 他一直是个生意人。
How do you often go to school?
Look at the pictures, and say something about the pictures.
My father goes to work by bus.
Most of our classmates go to school by bike. It’s very cheap.
It’s the fastest train in the world. It’s modern.
Mum often goes to work by taxi. It’s the most comfortable way.
The Black’s are going to travel to London by ship.
Many people take the underground to work. It’s crowded. subway
They travel to Beijing by plane. It’s the most expensive way.
Match the words in the box with the pictures. bus ship taxi train underground train
Listen and match the words in the box with the pictures in Activity 1. You need to use one word more than once.
busy cheap expensive modern
Now complete the table. Ways to go to school Betty Tony by bus by underground walk / on foot by bus
Complete the sentences with the correct form of the words in the box.
close comfortable far good
most comfortable 1. The _________________ way to go
to school is by taxi.
2. Tony lives the __________ from farthest
3. Lingling’s home is the _________ to closest school, so she always walks. 4. For Betty, going to school by bike is
the ______ choice. best
Complete the sentences with the words or expression in the box.
accident crowded except most modern
1. All the students take the bus to school ___________ Sam. except most modern 2. The ____________ train in the world is the Shanghai airport train. 3. I saw a(n) _________ on my way to accident school yesterday. 4. I do not take the bus to school because it is usually very _________. crowded
What happened? 发生什么事情了？ Don’t worry. 别担心。
Listen and underline the words the speaker stresses. 1. —Who
lives the closest to school? — Lingling lives closest. 2. — What is the most comfortable way to go to school for Betty? — By taxi. Now work in pairs. Listen again and repeat.
Ask and answer questions about the ways of going to school. Use the words in the box to help you. bike bus cheap comfortable crowded expensive fast popular safe taxi underground walking
— What’s the most expensive way to go to school? — Going by taxi is the most expensive.
— How about by bus, is it a good way to
go to school?
— It is cheap, but so crowded.
1. Maybe I should go to school by taxi. 或许我应该坐出租车去上学。 by和表示交通工具的名词（名词前没有 任何冠词）连用，意思是“乘、坐”。
例如：travel by train/car/ship/ underground/boat/bus/taxi 乘火车/汽车/轮船/地铁/小船/ 公交车/出租车出行
两者比较用形容词或副词的比较级，当我 们要将三个或以上的事物进行比较时，要用它 们的最高级。例如： 1. Lingling’s home is the closest to school. 玲玲 家离学校最近。（形容词的最高级前要用 the） 2. It is the most comfortable way but it’s the most expensive. 这是最舒适的方式，同时也 是最贵的方式。
3. Tony lives farthest from school. 托尼住 得离学校最远。（副词的最高级前可以 不用the）
4. Of all the students in my class, Macy
writes most carefully. 班上所有的学生
形容词和副词的最高级的变化规则： 一、规则的：有两种： 1. 在形容词和副词的词尾，直 接加上-est， 2. 在形容词和副词前加most。
二、不规则的：每个单词有其不同 的最高级形式，需个别记忆。如： good→best （形容词） well → best （副词）
… than B，但最高级表达的是三个及三个
Tom is the tallest in our class.
Tony lives the closest to school of all my
1. short → 2. nice → 3. big → 4. thin → 5. early → 6. slowly → shortest _________________ nicest _________________ biggest _________________ thinnest _________________ earliest _________________ most slowly _________________
7. beautiful 8. carefully 9. badly 10. much 11. little 12. far
→ → → → → →
the most beautiful _________________ most carefully _________________ worst _________________ most _________________ least _________________ __________________ farthest / furthest
1. —The girls are talking about the art
festival _____. —Yes. They have so many fun things to share. (2013温州)
A. easily B. angrily C. sadly D. happily
2. —Our school bus will leave at 8 o’clock tomorrow. Don’t be late. —OK. I will be there ten minutes ________. (2013安徽) A. sooner B. slower C. faster D. earlier 3. Debbie is growing fast. She is even ________ than her mother. (2013北京) A. tall B. taller C. tallest D. the tallest
4. — Dad, would you please drive ______? — No hurry. We have enough time before the plane takes off. (2013福州) A. faster B. more slowly C. more carefully 5. — Do you know Lin Shuhao? —Yes. He is one of _____ basketball players in the NBA. (2013漳州) A. popular B. more popular C. the most popular
6. —Which country is your favorite, Lin
Tao? (2013牡丹江) —France, of course. It’s the _______ place that I want to visit. A. worst B. better C. best 7. Is Lily’s home _____ away from school than Linda’s? (2013益阳) A. far B. farther C. farthest
8. —Who ran ______ of all in the sports meeting? —Hector did, I think. (2013襄阳) A. fast B. faster C. the fastest D. most fast 9. Li Na is ______ tennis player in China now. A. most famous B. the most famous C. more famous
Remember the new words, then finish your workbook.