英 语 试 题
（全卷共八个大题 满分：150分 考试时间：120分钟）
听一遍。根据你所听到的句子，从A、B、C三个选项中选出最恰当的答语，并把答题卡上对应题目的答案标号涂黑。 1. A. Hi, I’m Mary. 2. A. He plays hard. 3. A. Not bad. 4. A. Me, too. 5. A. Yes, it is.
B. See you later.
C. Fine, and you? C. He’s very kind. C. Sorry to hear that. C. No, thanks. C. No, it isn’t mine. C. You don’t say so.
B. He has a cold. B. Thanks a lot.
B. Nice to see you. B. Yes, it’s blue. B. Sorry.
6. A. You’re welcome.
听一遍。根据你所听到的对话和问题，从A、B、C三个选项中选出正确答案，并把答题卡上对应题目的答案标号涂黑。 7. A. A picture.
B. A pair of socks. B. This afternoon. B. English.
C. A pair of glasses. C. This evening. C. Science. C. In a classroom. C. Yes, she has. C. Fifteen.
8. A. This morning. 9. A. Math.
10. A. At home. B. In a cinema.
11. A. We don’t know. 12. A. Five.
B. No, she hasn’t. B. Ten.
初2011级毕业暨升学适应性考试英语试题 第1页 共10页
13. We do morning exercises ______.
A. after we get up B. after the second class C. every afternoon
14. We have P.E. classes ______.
A. every day B. once a week C. twice a week
15. The most popular sport in our school is ______.
A. football B. basketball C. volleyball
16. There are a lot of ______ in every class.
A. football teams B. football matches
17. There is a ______ in Sandy’s new house.
A. nice bird B. big garden C. small bedroom C. football fans
18. Sandy can see some birds jumping through the windows of ______.
A. her bedroom B. the kitchen C. the living room
19. One day, some strange noises made Sandy ______.
A. happy B. angry C. afraid
20. It was ______ who made the strange noises.
A. a stranger B. a big red bird C. nobody
21. I helped my mother cook the meal ______ Mother’s Day.
A. in B. on C. by D. with
22. My aunt will go to America on business for a year. I will miss ______ very much.
A. her B. she C. hers D. herself
23. —Help yourself to some _______, please.
—No, thanks. I’m not thirsty at all.
A. bread B. meat C. tea D. bananas
24. This May Day, ______ parents will go outdoors with their children.
A. hundred B. hundreds C. hundreds of D. hundred of
初2011级毕业暨升学适应性考试英语试题 第2页 共10页
25. We should walk more and drive ______ for our greener life.
A. more B. less C. little D. few
26. —______ you ever ______ to Hong Kong?
—Not yet. I’ll visit it this summer.
A. Do, go B. Did, go C. Are, going D. Have, been
27. There ______ some flowers and pear trees on my grandma’s QQ farm.
A. is B. has C. are D. have
28. —Would you mind not ______ TV at supper, dear?
—Sorry, mom. I won’t do it again.
A. watch B. watching C. to watch D. watches
29. Jack didn’t sleep well last night, so he ______ very tired today.
A. looks B. smells C. tastes D. sounds
30. —Can I have a look at your year book?
—______, here you are.
A. No way B. All right C. That’s too bad D. Not at all
31. You’d better not ______ your friends when they are sleeping.
A. ring up B. give up C. look up D. send up
32. Mom is happy that her son is ______ enough to take good care of himself.
A. weak B. lazy C. old D. young
33. After working on the computer for long, remember ______.
A. look far B. to look far C. looking far D. looked far
34. —What else do you want for the party?
—______ else. I think I have got everything ready.
A. Something B. Nothing C. Anything D. Everything
35. Take exercise every day, ______ you will become healthy.
A. or B. yet C. but D. and
36. —Kangkang, ______ are you going to be a famous cook?
—Because I like eating.
—I’d like to buy some dog food.
A. What’s the matter
C. What do you do B. What can I do for you D. How do you do it B. How C. Why D. What
初2011级毕业暨升学适应性考试英语试题 第3页 共10页
38. —Could you please tell me ______?
A. when School Day will begin
C. when will School Day begin —Yes, that’s why he can speak English well. A. isn’t he
B. hasn’t he
C. doesn’t he
D. won’t he
40. —Would you like to go to the movies with me this afternoon?
—______, but I have to take my piano lessons. A. Yes, please
B. I’m afraid so
C. I have no time
D. I’d love to
He is only 26, yet Mark Zuckerberg is already one of the richest and most successful people in the world. This January, Time magazine picked him as “Person of the Year 2010”.
The magazine says it picked him “changing how we all live our lives”. But who is this young man and did he do?
Mark is the CEO of Facebook, a popular social website（社交网站）. It has more than 500 million users worldwide. If Facebook were a , it would be the world’s third largest.
Mark set up Facebook six years ago. He was then a student at Harvard University（哈佛大学）. He was very interested in computers. One day, he had the idea of building a website for Harvard students to each other. He set up the Facebook website. Harvard students could put up photos and share their personal information The website soon became popular.
Later, Mark opened Facebook up to students in universities, high school students and then to everyone. It became popular worldwide. Greetings such as “Have you checked your Facebook page today?” and “Facebook me” became a part of young people’s
Mark says his dream is to connect（连接）people the Internet. And he makes it 41. A. at 42. A. how
C. for C. city
D. by D. where D. country D. second-years D. get to know D. everywhere
B. what B. town B. teach B. there
B. where will School Day begin D. where School Day will begin
39. —Your brother watches the English program on TV every day, ______?
43. A. village 45. A. help
44. A. second year 46. A. here
B. second-year C. second years C. learn from C. nowhere
初2011级毕业暨升学适应性考试英语试题 第4页 共10页
47. A. other 49. A. cross
B. another B. across
C. the other C. past C. grow up
D. foreign language D. through D. hold on
48. A. body language 50. A. give up
B. classroom language C. everyday language B. come true
Electronic books（电子书籍）have become more and more popular with young people in middle schools. Have you ever heard words like this: What electronic books did you read during the holiday? All my classmates read electronic books…
Why do people like electronic books so much? Electronic books are cheap. They can be downloaded（下载）easily from the Internet. With electronic books we don’t need to buy books from bookstores. They can be downloaded to MP3 players or mobile phones, and we can read them at any time. So reading electronic books is convenient（方便）and can take us less time.
A report says that by the year 2013 about 90% newspapers in China will publish（发行）electronic newspapers.
51. From the passage we know that more and more ______ like electronic books.
52. We can read electronic books ______. A. only when we are in the library
B. only when it has sunshine outside B
Do you get enough sleep? With so much homework it’s often difficult to get enough rest. But you need to try because sleep keeps you healthy and it stops you getting fat.
that if kids sleep for just one extra（额外的）hour each day, the chance of their getting fat is cut by about 30%.
Why? When people don’t get enough sleep, they become tired. When they are tired, they don’t exercise enough. Also, kids like snacks（零食）. If they are awake（醒着的）an extra hour or two each day, they have more time to eat snacks or other unhealthy foods.
So, how much sleep should you get? Scientists suggest 10 to 11 hours a night for kids aged 5
初2011级毕业暨升学适应性考试英语试题 第5页 共10页
C. only when our parents are with us A. they are cheap
D. even if we don’t have a computer with us B. they can be easily downloaded D. it’s easy to sell them when you finish reading
53. Electronic books have many advantages（优势）except that ________.
C. reading electronic books is convenient
to 12. For other kids, eight to nine hours will do.
A. three A. 学习
D. none D. 实验
D. as long as possible D. less sleep
54. Here is/are ______ reasons why people might get fat without enough sleep. 55. The underlined word “study” here means ______.
56. If you are 15, scientists advise you to sleep ______ .
A. 10 to 11 hours A. good sleep
B. 8 to 9 hours B. bad sleep
C. 8 to 13 hours C. enough sleep
57. The study shows ______ keeps kids from getting fat.
Weather Forecast（预报）In Chongqing
The same rain that brought light snow to Chongqing is parked over the city again today. Expect mostly cloudy skies this morning with rain at times. There will be snow on the mountains. There should be some sun at times this afternoon but more showers possible as the ground warms. More rain and cool temperatures tomorrow, then a nice break for Thursday. Computers suggest more clouds and a little chance of showers for Friday. ——Wentao, Li, CQTV. 58. During the next few days, we will have more ______.
A. rains C. suns
A. Monday; Tuesday C. Wednesday; Sunday
B. showers D. snows
B. Saturday; Tuesday D. Sunday; Tuesday
59. We will have the highest temperature on _____while the lowest on _______.
初2011级毕业暨升学适应性考试英语试题 第6页 共10页
60. From the forecast, we can know that it will become ______ day by day.
A. colder and colder C. warmer and warmer A. Mar 15 C. Mar 19
Babies love chocolate—and sometimes they also eat the paper around it. My cat enjoys a meal of good, thick paper: old letters, for example. She doesn’t like newspapers very much.
Of course, the best paper comes from wood. Wood comes from trees, and trees are plants. Vegetables and fruit are plants, too. And we eat a lot of them. So can we also eat wood and paper?
Scientists say, “All food comes in some way from plants.” Well, is that true? Animals eat grass and grow fat. Then we eat their meat. Little fish eat little sea plants; then bigger fish swim along and eat them. Chicken eat bits of grass and give us chicken. Think for a minute. What food does not come from plants in some way?
Scientists can do wonderful things with plants. They can make food just like meat and cheese. And they can make it without the help of animals. It is very good, too. Now they have begun to say, “We make out paper from wood, we can also make food from wood. The next thing is not very difficult.” What is the next thing? Perhaps it is food from paper.
So please keep your old books and letters. Don’t feed them to your cat. One day, soon, they will be on your plate. There is nothing like a good story for breakfast. 62. The writer thinks that the best paper is made from ______.
63. According to the passage, ______.
A. cats like to eat newspapers very much B. it is impossible to make food from wood C. scientists think that all food comes from plants D. sometimes babies eat the paper around chocolate
64. The writer asks us to keep our old books and letters because ______ soon.
A. there are food in them
B. we can make food from them D. they may be used to feed cats B. wood and paper D. few kinds of food
C. we can read them at breakfast A. fish and chicken C. meat and cheese
B. cooler and cooler D. hotter and hotter B. Mar 17 D. Mar 21
61. From the weather forecast, we can know that today is _____.
65. From the passage, we can infer（推断）that ______ do not come from plants in some way.
初2011级毕业暨升学适应性考试英语试题 第7页 共10页
英 语 试 题
66. Rosy will take part in a match next weekend.（改为一般疑问句） ____________ Rosy ____________ part in a match next weekend? （对划线部分提问） ____________ is Lily ____________ in the garden now? 68. We must clean our classroom before the party.（改为被动语态） Our classroom must ___________ ____________ before the party. 69. Let’s go to the school concert tonight.（改为同义句）
___________ ____________ going to the school concert tonight? 70. 互相帮助让我们的世界充满了爱。（完成译句）
Helping ____________ ____________ makes the world full of love. VI. 口语应用。（每小题1分，共5分）
A: Hi, Peter. Do you often do sports? B: Yes, I do. I like sports so much.
( ) A: B: I like football best. I often play football with my friends on Saturdays.
初2011级毕业暨升学适应性考试英语试题 第8页 共10页
( ) A: B: Four years ago.
( ) A: B: Eleven.
A: Oh, really? Do you still remember the
first day when you played football?
( ) B: Of course, I do.
A: By the way, where do you play on
( ) B: On the playground in our school. A: Certainly. Please give me a call when you’re there.
A group of frogs（青蛙）were traveling through the woods when two
of them fell into a deep pit (坑). All the other frogs stood the pit. When they saw how the pit was, they told the two frogs that they were as good as（相当于）dead. The two frogs ignored（不理睬） their words and tried their to jump out of the pit. The other frogs kept them to stop, that they were as good as dead.
Finally, one of the frogs followed the other frogs were saying and gave up. He fell down and died. The frog went on to jump as hard as he could.
Once again, the crowd of frogs shouted at him to give up and wait for death.
He jumped harder and finally made it out. When he got out, the other frogs asked: “Did you not hear us?”
To their , the frog explained to them that he was almost deaf. He thought they were encouraging him the whole time.
Words have the power（力量）of and death. An encouraging word spoken to someone who is down can lift them up and help them make it through their difficulties. A destructive (破坏性的) word to someone who is down can be fatal (致命的).
So always be careful of what you
76. ____________ 77. ____________ 78. ____________ 79. ____________ 80. ____________
81. ____________ 82. ____________ 83. ____________ 84. ____________ 85. ____________ 初2011级毕业暨升学适应性考试英语试题 第9页 共10页
学校50周年校庆之际，为了展示教师和学生的风貌，将以“A Person in My Heart”为
2. 你欣赏他(她)什么? (举一相关具体事例说明)
A Person in My Heart
I have met a lot of excellent persons around us, in our school. Among them, there is a person
always in my heart.
初2011级毕业暨升学适应性考试英语试题 第10页 共10页