16.unimportant___________ 17.face___________18.soldier___________ 19.break off___________20.psychologist ___________
42. be impressed
44.look up …in a dictionary
53.solve a problem 54.regard problems as challenges
55.complain about 56.change sth into /turn …into
58.try one’s best to do /do one’s best to…
60.compare …to …ty
we deal with our problems, we can easily become
Most of us have probably been our friends, parents or teachers
They decide talk to each other
Many students often school
We must learn how to challenges
by of something 31.通过把自己与其他人比较，你将发现你的问题不是那么糟糕。
By other people, you will find your problem is not so terrible.
A clever scientist， his physical problems 33.终止友谊。
Let’s our problems
2. Ma Li’sEnglish is poor. We can hardly understand him.(speak)
3. Why don’t you join us五、句型填空
1.The box is so heavy that I can’t carry it. (同义句转换)
The box is____ ____ ____ me ____ ____.
2. He is so tired that he can’t do well. (同义句转换)
He is ________ tired _________ do well.
3. I really don’t know how I can use the computer. (改为简单句)
I really don’t know how _______ _______ the computer.
4.Hurry!Or we'll be late!(同义句改写)
If we______ ______ ，we ______ ______ late.
==If we______，we ______ ______ late.
5.Hurry!Or we'll be late!(同义句改写)
Unless we______ ，we ______ ______late
Many of us improve English by reading English-language newspapers. These days, I’m surprised to find that some students cut stories and pictures and then pasted (粘贴) them in their notebooks. I have seen some of their work and it is very creative. The
stories and pictures are cut and pasted on the left side pages of their notebooks. In the spaces between the cuttings, they add beautiful drawings and clever comments. They use the right side pages of the notebooks as word banks to make their (A) ______ lists. our studies. So I think it’s a good idea to cut some important and interesting things out of the newspapers after we read them. These things can be helpful when we doing our homework.— have a try!
61. 在(A)______ 处填入一个合适的词，使句子通顺、语意连贯、符合逻辑。
62. 将划线(B)处的句子变成主动句(每空一词)。 ______ ______ English-language newspapers in our schoolwork.
63. 把划线(C)处的句子翻译成汉语。 ___________________________________________
64. What do some students cut out of English-language newspapers? 根据文章内容，回答下列问题。
65. What’s the monitor’s opinion on how to deal with the used English-language newspapers? 根据文章内容，回答下列问题。 ___________________________________________
—With pleasure. A. take care B. look out C. take care of A. love B. would like C. hate 33. Mozart started writing music when he was four years old. A. at the age of four B. four years later C. for four years A. lonely B. alone C. easily 35. There is nothing but a computer in the room. A. only B. also C. still
36.— Would you mind cleaning your room? — . I'll do it tight away.
A. Not at all B. Yes, of course C. That's all
37.—There is _______with my pen. May I use ? —Certainly. Here you are.
A. something wrong; your B. wrong something; yours C. something wrong; yours
38. I this book for a week. I have to return it now.
A. borrow B. have borrowed C. have kept
39.—Tom loves his classmates and teachers. — _________.
A. So do I B. So I do C. Neither do I
40. Mary didn't go to _______birthday party because she ________.
A. John's; wasn't invited B. John's; didn't' invite C. John; wasn't invited
1.used to___________ 2.airplane___________ 3.terrify___________ 4.be terrified of___________ 5.go to sleep___________ 6on___________ 7.insect___________ 8.candy___________ 9.chew___________ 10.gum___________ 11.chat___________
1.used to do 2.be used to doing
12.my biggest problem
15.stay at school all day 16.go right home 18.not any more/no longer
I used to the dark.
you play the piano？
I like tests.
I used to be 6.我过去害怕独处，我现在依然害怕独处。
I used to be afraid of being afraid of being 7.我开着卧室的灯入睡。
I go to sleep my bedroom light .
Speak a group
9.经常咀嚼口香糖。 gum a lot.
10.直接回家。 Go home.
1. My father used __________ (read) newspapers after supper.
2. I didn’t use to be __________ (interest) in math, but now I like it very much.
3. The little boy is quite shy. He is _____________________ (terrify) of speaking in public.
4. My father always spends too much time ___________________ (watch) TV.
5. My partner used to be afraid of _____________________ (be) alone.
1. Mother used to grow flowers in her garden. (改为否定句)
Mother ______ _______ _____ grow flowers in her garden.
2. Bill used to collect stamps when he was in middle school. (改为一般疑问句)
_____ Bill ______ _______ collect stamps when he was in middle school?
3. Did he use to eat breakfast at home? (作否定回答)
______ _______ _____
4. The little girl was often late for school in the past. (改为同义句)
The little girl ______ ______ ______ late for school.
5. She didn’t use to eat breakfast. (改为反意疑问句)
She didn’t use to eat breakfast, ________ ________?
A: Hello !
B: Speaking. Who' s that?
A: This is Bill.
B: Yes. What's up?
B : Certainly, I' d love to. He' s my favorite singer. Thanks for your invitation. When and where shall we meet?
B: Could you please get there earlier? I want to buy him a gift.
A: OK, I'll get at three. Shall we go to the shopping center to buy the gift?
B: See you then.
A: See you.
七、选词填空 to the teacher. This is a way of learning. Is this _____ the answers.
ways of teaching yourself.
—Not, you . Don' t worry. I' l1 take one myself.
A. bring ; can't B. take; mustn't C. take; needn't
games in the classroom.
A. are; play B. is ; playing C. have; to play
43. The weather in Beijing is colder than in Guangzhou in winter.
A. it B. that C. this
44. ________bad weather it is! I have to stay at home,
A. What B. What a C. How
45. The mooncakes look ______, and they taste even ______.
A. well; good B. nice; better C. good; worse
46.—I want to know if Mr Green —If he ______ , I'll tell you.
A. comes; comes B. will come; will come C. will come; comes
47. My sister ______her cat yesterday, but she didn't ______it.
A. found; look for B. looked; found C. looked for; find
48. I didn't understand . So I raised my hand to ask.
A. what my teacher says B. what did my teacher say C. what my teacher said
49. The _______ he does his work. The _______mistakes he will make.
A. more carefully; less B. more carefully; fewer C. more careful; fewer
50. _______ a cold winter morning he left ______ NewYork.
A. In; for B. At; to C. On; for