I am the king of the whole world.
What does the lion say?
Direct Speech and Reported Speech
直接引语 直接引述别人的原话，叫 ____________; 用自己的话把别人的话陈述出来，叫 间接引语 。 _________ 引号“ ” 括起来， 直接引语通常都用____________ 宾语从句。 间接引语在多数情况下都构成一个 ________
She said, “I like singing. ” She said, “I am waiting for a bus.” She said, “I visited Europe last year.” She said, “I have never met an American.” She said, “I will see you next week.”
She said she liked singing. She said she was waiting for a bus. She said she had visited Europe the year before. She said she had never met an American. She said she would see me the next week.
用连词 that 引导宾语从句 . 从句中的 人
口诀 说 明 直接引语 间接引语
一 随 主 二 随 宾
第三 人称 不变
引号内的第一人 称变间引后与主 句主语的人称保 持一致 引号内的第二人 称变间引后与主 句宾语的人称保 持一致
She said,“ I like She said that she liked tennis. tennis.” He said to Lily, He told Lily that “ you must get she must get up early. up early.” She said to me , She told me that “ They want to they wanted to help him.” help him.
引号内的第三人 称在变间引后人 称不变
一般现在时 过去进行时 现在进行时 过去完成时 一般过去时 过去完成时 现在完成时 过去将来时 一般将来时 The teacher said,“The sun is bigger than the earth.” The teacher said that the sun is bigger than the earth. 注: 直引若是客观真理,变为间引时,时态不变.
时 态 变 化
直接引语转换成间接 引语时的时态变化 一般现在时— 一般过去时 现在进行时过去进行时 现在完成时过去完成时 一般过去时过去完成时 过去完成时
列 直接引语 He said， “I’m afraid I can’t finish the work.” He said， “I’m using the knife.” She said， “I’ve not heard from him since May.”
句 间接引语 He said that he was afraid he couldn't finish the work. He said that he was using the knife. She said that she had not heard from him since May.
He said， “I came to He said that he had come to help me. help you.” He said， “I had finished my homework before supper.” She said， “I’ll do it after class.” He said that he had finished the homework before supper. She said that she would do it after class.
that, those then, that day that week the day before the week before four days before two days before the next/following day the
next/following month there go, take could,might,had to
时 间 状 语
now, today this week yesterday last week four days ago the day before yesterday tomorrow next month
地点状语 方向性动词 情态动词
here come, bring can, may, must
She asked, “Have you seen the film?” He asked, “Are you a doctor, John?” She asked us, “Where are you going to get off?” He asked them, “Who gave you a talk yesterday?”
She asked me whether\if I had seen the film. He asked John if\whether he was a doctor. She asked us where we were going to get off. He asked them who had given them a talk the day before.
直接引语是一般疑问句 , 变为间接引 语时,用连词 if 或 whether 连接。 直接引语是 特殊疑问句 , 变为间接引
The policeman ordered:" Be quiet.” The teacher said to the boy ,”Open the window .” “Never do that again,” the teacher said． “Wait a moment．” she said to them.
The policeman ordered us to be quiet. The teacher told the boy to open the window The teacher told me not /never to do that again． She asked them to wait a moment .
ask, order , advise等动
“I don’t like computers,” Sandy said to her friends. Sandy said to her friends that I don’t like
computers. said she didn’t
Sandy said to her friends that she didn’t like computers.
Is it easy to work out the problem?
( They asked him ) It is easy to work out the problem.
They asked him
if it is easy to work out the problem.
They asked him if it was easy to work out the problem.
When do you harvest the wheat ?
( They asked him )
you harvest the wheat
They asked him when
you harvest the wheat. he harvested
They asked him when he harvested the wheat.
Little boy, put on your coat.
(They ordered )
Little boy, put on your coat.
They ordered Little boy put on your coat. to put his
They ordered the little boy to put on his coat.
直接引语 (变化前) 陈述句
that引导的宾语从句 Jane said, “I’m Jane said that she was very fond of traveling. very fond of
直接引语 (变化前 ) 一般疑问句 “Is this your umbrella, Mary?” asked
间接引语(变化后) whether/if 引导的宾 语从句 John asked Mary if
that was her
直接引语 (变化前) 间接引语(变化后)
特殊疑问句 “Mary, when will you return me the
John asked Mary
return him the book.
直接引语 (变化前) 祈使句
间接引语(变化后) 不定式 him not to leave his
The officer said to The officer ordered
leave your post.” post.
直接引语 (变化前) Let’s开头的祈使 句
间接引语(变化后) that 引导的宾语从句 I suggested to him that we (should) start at once.
I said to him,
“Let’s start at
直接引语 (变化前) 感叹句
He said: “How
的宾语从句 He said that he was very happy. He said how happy he was.
happy I am!”
1) 2) 3) 4) 5） 6） 7） 8） 9) 人称 时态 相应的时间地点状语 标点符号 大小写 问号改为句号 语序---疑问改陈述 宾语从句由什么引出 祈使句要使用动词不定式来引述
? Shirley says:“ I don’t want to do homework everyday.” Shirley says that she doesn’t want to do homework everyday. ? Edward says: “ I was so careless that I didn’t do my homework well yesterday.” Edward says that he was so careless that he didn’t do his homework well the day before. 当天转述不需要改变时态。
Change the sentences into reported speech.
? 1). ‘I like apples,’ said he. liked He said that he _____apples.
? 2). She said, ‘I’m doing my homework. ’
was doing She said that she _________her homework.
3)‘I’ve received the letter,’ said Tom.
had received Tom said that he ____________the letter.
4). ‘I didn’t see the cat,’ said he.
hadn’t seen He said that he ___________the cat.
5). ‘I’ll be late for school,’ said Kate.
Kate said that she________ be late for school.
由直接引语转变为间接引语,下列情况 时态不变: 1. 不变的真理 The teacher said to the students, “Water freezes when the temperature falls below 0℃.” → The teacher told the students that water freezes when the temperature falls below 0℃.
2. 经常的习惯： He said to the doctor, “I smoke two packs every day.” → He told the doctor that he smokes two packs every day.
The teacher said, “World War Ⅱ
ended in 1945.”
→ The teacher said that World
War Ⅱ ended in 1945.
1). Betty says to Harry," I want to borrow your book.” Betty says to Harry (that) she wanted /wants to borrow his Book. 2).My teacher said , “she is a good student.” My teacher said that she was a good student.
3) She asked me,” Do you agree with me?” She asked me if I agreed with her.
4) Anne asked her mother, “Is there any delicious food to eat?” Anne asked her mother if there was some delicious food to eat.
5) “ What are you going to do?” he asked. He asked me what I was going to do. 6）“How do you go to school every day?” asked Mr. Zhang. Mr. Zhang asked how I went to school everyday.
7). Mum said,“ Don‘t chat with strangers．” Mum told me not to chat with strangers. 8). “ Go shopping with me, please
?” said Mr. Wang . Mr. Wang asked me to go shopping with him.
1. Jack said to me, “You look worried today.” Jack told me that ___ worried ___. A. he looks…today B. you look…today C. we looked…that day D. I looked…that day
2. We said to her, “They’re walking through the street now.” We told her that ___ through the street ___. A. we were walking…then B. you are walking…now C .they were walking…then D. they walking…now
3. Mr Black said, “I have walked a long way this week.” Mr Black said that __ a long way __. A. I had walked…last week B. he had walked…that week C. I walked…last week D. he has walked…this week
4. The man thought, “I shall take it back tomorrow.” The man thought that __ take it back ____. A. I shall…tomorrow B. I shall…the next day C. he should…tomorrow D. he would …the next day
5. They said to us, “Are you afraid to leave this house ?” They asked us ____ afraid to leave _____ house. A. that were we…this B. that we were…that C. if were we …this D. if we were…that
6. Jane said, “What did he hear about a week ago?” Jane asked ____ about _____.
A. that he heard…a week ago
B. what he had heard…the week before
C. what he had herd… a week ago
D. if he heard…the week ago
7. She asked, “Whose house will he break into next time ?” She asked whose house ____ break into _____. A. will he…next time B. would he…the next time C. he would…the next time D. he will…next time
8. Jack said to her, “Where do you spend your holidays?”
Jack asked her where ____ holidays.
A. she spent her B. you spend your
C. she spend her
D. you spent your
9. Black asked me, “ Why haven’t you left here yet?” Black asked me why ____ yet.
A. I hadn’t left there
B. I haven’t left here
C. hadn’t I left there
D. haven’t I left here
10. The teacher asked her, “Does the sun rise in the east ?” The teacher asked her ___ the sun ___ in the east. A. if…rise B. if…rises C. whether…rose D. whether did …rise
1. He said , “I' m afraid I can’t finish this work.” He said that he was afraid he couldn’t finish that work. 2.He said , “I haven’t heard from him since May. He said that he hadn’t heard from him since May. 3.Tom said “I will see you next week.” Tom said that he would see me the next week.
4. “Why were you late again?” The teacher said to me. The teacher asked me why I had been late again.
5. “I don’t like swimming,” said Sarah.
Sarah said she didn’t like swimming.
6. His friends asked him if he would go to Dalian. His friends asked him, “Will you go to Dalian?”
7. “Have you been to Paris?” My classmate asked me. My classmate asked me if I had been to Paris.
“Whose book is it?” he asked. He asked whose book it was. “Whose book are you reading?” Jim asked her. Jim asked her whose book she was reading.
He asked, “Where are you going?” He asked (us) where we
were going. She asked, “ Who is in charge here?” She asked (me) who was in charge there. He asked, “Which firm makes these parts?” He asked (me) which firm makes /made those parts.
He said,“Where have you been?” He asked me where I had been. He asked,“How are you getting along?” He asked us how we were getting along.
“Have you been to the USA?” Jim asked Tom. Jim asked Tom whether/if he had been to the USA. He asked me, “Do you play chess?” He asked me if/whether I played chess. She asked, “Did you go home?” She asked me if I had gone home.
1. He told Marcia he (will\would) call her the next day.
2. Ben said he (can\could) speak four languages. 3. Judy said she (goes\went) to the movies last Friday.
4. She said she (will\would) bring snacks and pizza to your party.
5. My mother said she (is\was)cooking supper.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? 1. Murphy: "I can sleep late everyday." could He said he ________sleep late everyday. 2. Mrs. Kosky: "My son will go bowling." would She said her son __________go bowling. 3. Iris: "Erika is going to the dance." was going Iris said Erika ________ ＿＿to the dance. 4. Lisa: "I'm excited about going on vacation." was ? She said she ________excited about going on vacation. ? 5. Homeroom Teacher: "You can have a party." could ? She said we ___________have a party.
6. Lana said, “I’m mad at Marcia.” Lana said ______ she ______ was mad at Marcia. 7. He said to me, “I will call you tomorrow.” told me the next he would He ______ me ______ ______ call ______ day. 8. They said, “We are having a meeting.” they ______having were They said ______ a meeting. 9. She said, “I go to school every Monday.” she ______ went to school every Monday. She said ______ 10. My sister said to me, “I’m going to help you.” she ______going told me ______ was My sister ______ to help me ______.