第一卷 (选择题 共70分)
1. What animals are they talking about?
A. B. C.
2. What does the girl like doing best in the free time？
3. Which film star does Katty like be
A B C
4. Which city does Kate like to go to?
A. B. C.
5. How long did Mike stay in Canada?
A. A week. B. Three days. C. A month.
6. What do you know from the dialogue?
A. The driver was hit by the tree at the side of the road.
B. The driver was hit by a car.
C. The driver was taken to hospital after the accident.
7. Which color does the girl like best?
A. Yellow. B. Green. C. Black.
8. What does the girl think of the new teacher? A. He is kind. B. He is friendly. C. He is a little noisy. 9. What is the girl going to do?
A. Go to the movies B. Go to the party. C. Go to sleep.
10. Where does the conversation probably take place?
A. In the street. B. In a museum. C. On a bus.
11．When is Alice’s birthday?
A．The next day． B．The day after next．C. The day they had the talk
12．What will the man and the woman buy for Alice?
A．A record． B．Some flowers． C. A box of chocolates
14. A. his father B. his mother C. his teacher
15. A. his father was angry with him B. he couldn’t play in the water
C. his mother told his father about it
16. Why do young people like Hip-hop dancing?
A. It has a history of more than 20 years.
B. They can invent their own moves(动作).
C. Because many young black people often dance it.
17. Where was Hip-hop first seen?
A. In the movies. B. In the streets. C. In the old schools.
18. Which of the following do young people use to dance Hip-hop?
A. Stomachs. B. Fingers. C. Shoulders.
19. When did Hip-hop dancing become popular all over the world?
A. In 1983. B. 20 years ago. C. In early times.
20. What do you know about Hip-hop dancing?
A. It shows that the young people feel bad about life.
B. Young people use this dance to show their love of life.
C. It shows that young people are afraid of problems.
二、单项填空 在A、B、C、D四个选项中, 选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项 (本大题共
1. This is ___ book I told you about last week. I ’ve never read ___ better one before
A. a; a B. the; a C.a ； the D. the ; the
2. It’s stubborn ____ you _____ your parents’ advice.
A. for; don’t listen to B. for; not to listen
C. of; not listening to D. of; not to listen to
3. How ______ the wind sounds ! Why not stay at home ____ such a windy day?
A. terrible; in B. terrible; on C. terribly; on D. terribly ; in
4. The number of the students in our school _____ than that in theirs.
A. is much more B. are much more C. is much larger D. are much larger
5._____ of the land in that district ______ covered with trees and grass.
A. Two-five ; is B. Two-fifth ; are C. Two-fifths ; is D. Two-fifths ; are
6.______ interesting news he has brought us!
A. What B. How C. How an D. What an
7. ----“Have you ever been to HK, Jim?”
----- “ Yes , I ______ there for two weeks with my parents last summer.”
A. have gone B. went C. have been D. was
8. -----Could you tell me ______ to go to Hannan by air?
-----Just a minute, please. Let me have a look.
A. how much does it cost B. how much did it cost C. how much it cost D. how much it costs
9. Please don’t stand up in class _____ you ______.
A. until ; are told to B. when ; are told C. after ; were told D. before ; were told to
10. Your idea is considered to be _____ great value _____him.
A. of ; for B. in ; of C. of ; to D.不填 ; to
11.We were told that Mr Green _____ the office for a few minutes when we arrived.
A. has been away from B. had left C. had been away from D. has left
12.My sister ______ text messages to me on the mobile phone,but now she ___ e-mails on QQ.
A. is used to send ; used to send B. is used to sending ; used to send
C. used to send ; is used to sending D. used to send ; used to send
13.I was told that Wenchuan Earthquake ______ the afternoon of May 12,2008.
A. was taken place in B. takes place on C. took place on D. was happened in
14. -----Please don’t make much noise. ------_______. I’ll be as quiet as a mouse
A. Yes, I will B. No, I won’t C. No, I will D.Yes, I won’t
三、完形填空 先通读下面的短文，掌握其大意, 然后从下面四个答案中，选出可以填入空
Professor Green, known to the world as a scientist, is not only absent-minded but short-sighted as well. His mind is always busy is going on him.
One fine day recently, he went he has a book in his hand. When he went out , he began to read his book . He hadn’t gone far run into a big cow and fell down. In the fall, he had lost his glasses, without which he couldn’t see anything. He thought he had hit his head a fat lady. “I’m sorry, Madam.” He said politely searching for his glasses. As soon as he had and paid no attention to anything else. He had scarcely been walking for five minutes when he fell over again, both his book and his
glasses. This time he got very angry, seizing his umbrella, he gave the “cow” a wild blow. Then,
after finding his glasses, he realized with horror that he made a second mistake. A large fat
woman was fleeing from him in a horror.
15. A. to think B. thinking C. thinking about D. to think of
16. A. with B. around C. for D. at
17 .A. for B. to C. towards D. over
18. A. also B. often C. ever D. usual
19. A. when B. while C. just then D. at that time
20. A. to B. against C. about D. onto
21. A. after B. in C. before D. during
22. A .put it on B. taken them off C. put them on D. taken them out
23. A. always B. again C. usually D. very much
24. A. holding B. getting C. finding D. losing
四、阅读理解 阅读下面的短文，然后根据短文内容，在每小题所给的四个选项中选出最 佳选项.（本大题共26分，每小题2分）
Algae(水藻) are very simple plants. They grow in fresh water or salty water. Seaweed is
algae that grow in salty water. Seaweed is red or brown in color. The Japanese people use these
plants from the sea in many ways. From it, they make a food called Kombu. Kombu is seaweed
that has been dried, cooked and pressed together. Then it is dried again and cut into long pieces.
The Japanese eat a lot of Kombu and like it very much.
Japanese farmers often use seaweed as fertilizer. It makes their plants grow better. Many
farmers also find seaweed makes a fine food for their animals.
From seaweed the Japanese also get iodine(碘), which they sell to other countries. Iodine is
used in many ways all over the world. It is used in making medicine. It is added to the salt we
use at the table. Scientists even use one form of iodine to “seed clouds” when they want rain to
25. Kombu is a kind of ____ according to the text.
A. plant B. medicine C. food D. fertilizer
26. In the last sentence of the text, “seed clouds” means ____.
A. clouds spreading like seeds B. to make rain fall with human power
C. the seeds like clouds D. dropping seeds by clouds
27. The main idea of the story is that ____.
A. The Japanese eat seaweed when they want rain to fall.
B. Kombu is made into medicine for farmers.
C. The Japanese eat a lot of Kombu.
D. The Japanese use seaweed in many ways.
When I was about 12, I had an enemy, a girl who liked to point out my shortcomings(缺点).
Week by week her list grew: I was very thin, I wasn’t a good student, I talked too much, I was
too proud, and so on. I tried to hear all this as long as I could. At last, I became very angry. I ran
to my father with tears in my eyes.
He listened to me quietly, then he asked. “Are the things she says true or not? Janet, didn’t
you ever wonder what you’re really like ? Well, you now have that girl’s opinion. Go and make a
list of everything she said and mark the points that are true. Pay no attention to the other things
I did as he told me. To my great surprise, I discovered that about half the things were true.
Some of them I couldn’t change (like being very thin), but a good number I could—and
suddenly I wanted to change. For the first time I go to fairly clear picture of myself.
I brought the list back to Daddy. He refused to take it.“That’s just for you,” he said.“You
know better than anyone else the truth about yourself. But you have to learn to listen, not just
close your ears in anger and feeling hurt. When something said about you is true, you’ll find it
will be of help to you. Our world is full of people who think they know your duty. Don’t shut
your ears. Listen to them all, but hear the truth and do what you know is the right thing to do.”
Daddy’s advice has returned to me at many important moments. In my life, I’ve never had a
better piece of advice.
28. What does “Week by week her list grew” mean?
A. Week by week she discovered more shortcomings of mine and pointed them out to me.
B. She had made a list of my shortcomings and she kept on adding new ones to it so that it
was growing longer and longer.
C. I was having more and more shortcomings as time went on.
D. Week by week, my shortcomings grew more serious.
29. Why did her father listen to her quietly?
A. Because he believed that what her daughter’s “enemy” said was mostly true.
B. Because he had been so angry with his daughter’s shortcomings that he wanted to show
this by keeping silent for a while.
C. Because he knew that his daughter would not listen to him at that moment.
D. Because he wasn’t quite sure which girl was telling the truth.
30. Which do you think would be the best title for this passage?
A. Not an Enemy, but the Best Friend B. The Best Advice I’ve Ever Had
C. My Father D. My Childhood
Televisions were among the most talked-about things at
CES 2013—the 2013 International Consumer Electronic
Show (国际消费类电子产品展销会) last week in Las Vegas,
Nevada. They were bigger and better with some of the
highest technology (技术). Some TVs used a new technology
called OLED. They were bigger, thinner and lighter, offered
better colour and were brighter than traditional TVs using
Ultra High Definition TVs were also popular. Most of
the TVs shown on the exhibition used 4k technology.
Smart TVs this year were smarter. Many offered technology that users have a more
personalized （个性化的）experience. One such TV from TCL can know who is watching with
the help of new technology. Then it can offer programmes according to the user’s usual interest. Another TV from Panasonic offers a similar personalized user experience.
Size also played an important part in CES 2013. TVs changed in size from big to bigger,
with at least two companies —Samsung and Hisense —showing TVs that are 110 inches large
on the exhibition.
The yearly CES is the biggest technology show in North America and one of the biggest in
It’s a meeting of the brightest minds and the top leaders from many industries and those
who want to know about the future.
Digital health and fitness inventions were also big at CES 2013. There was even a fork that
tells you when you are eating too fast.
The show had over 3,200 different companies showing more than 20,000new products in about 26 miles of exhibition space.
31.Which difference between OLED and LED is NOT mentioned in the passage?
A. Weight B. Colour C. Size D. Price
32.The writer takes TCL and Panasonic for example to tell us _________.
A. smart TVs were smarter at CES 2013
B. Ultra High Definition TVs were popular at CES 2013
C. size played an important part in CES 2013
D. digital health and fitness inventions were big at CES 2013
33.From the passage, we can know __________.
A.CES 2013 has not been held yet
B. TVs at CES 2013 were smaller than before
C. many companies attended CES 2013
D. no leaders from industries appeared at CES 2013
America is a mobile society. Friendships between Americans can be close and real，yet disappear soon if situations change. Neither side feels hurt by this. Both may exchange Christmas greetings for a year or two，perhaps a few letters for a while— then no more. If the same two people meet again by chance，even years later，they pick up the friendship. This can be quite difficult for us Chinese to understand，because friendships between us develop more slowly but then may become lifelong feelings，extending (延伸) sometimes deeply into both families.
Americans are ready to receive us foreigners at their homes，share their holidays，and their home life. They will enjoy welcoming us and be pleased if we accept their hospitality (好客) easily.
Another difficult point for us Chinese to understand Americans is that although they include us warmly in their personal everyday lives，they don’t show their politeness to us if it requires a great deal of time. This is usually the opposite of the practice in our country where we may be ，we，as hosts，will appear at airports even in the middle of the night to meet a friend. We may take days off to act as guides to our foreign friends. The Americans，however，express their welcome usually at homes，but truly can not manage the time to do a great deal with a visitor outside their daily routine. They will probably expect us to get ourselves from the airport to our own hotel by bus. And they expect that we will phone them from there. Once we arrive at their homes，the welcome will be full，warm and real. We will find ourselves treated hospitably.
For the Americans，it is often considered more friendly to invite a friend to their homes than to go to restaurants，except for purely business matters. So accept their hospitality at home!
34. Which of the following statements is TRUE according to the passage? A. Friendships between Americans usually extend deeply into their families.
B. Friendships between Americans usually last for all their lives.
C. Americans always show their warmth even if they are very busy.
D. Americans will continue their friendships again even after a long break.
35. From the last two paragraphs we can learn that when we arrive in America to visit an
American friend，we will probably be ______.
A. warmly welcomed at the airport B. offered a ride to his home
C. treated hospitably at his home D. treated to dinner in a restaurant
36. The underlined words “generous with our time” in Paragraph 3 probably mean ______.
A. strict with time B. willing to spend time
C. careful with time D. serious with time
37. A suitable title for this passage would probably be “______”.
A. Friendships between Chinese B. Friendships between Americans
C. Americans’hospitality D. Americans’and Chinese’s views of friendships
1. You can’t look down on the ___________(able), because it’s equal between people.
2. If you have difficulty in making a _______(decide),you can go and ask him for help.
3. The noise of the traffic drove Mr Smith much________(mad) night by night.
4. I guess these bags are those _________(direct). Please keep them in your office.
5.The famous host will show us an ________(最新的) invention later.
6.Without having breakfast, they left for the Summer Palace _______(立刻)
7. Audrey Hepbuen”s great ________(成就) have gone far beyond her films .
8.Can you have a look at my home page and give me a few _______(建议)
1. When I walked past the office, I heard them _______( argue) about something in loud voices. 2. It was raining heavily outside. We had no choice but _______(watch) TV at home.
3. People ___________(search)carefully every time when they go through the gate.
4. She didn’t tell me if she ________(fly) to American the next month.
5. His parents didn’t go home until the police _______(deal) with the accident.
6. Tom _________(write) a novel the whole morning.I wonder if he has finished it.
7. There ___________(be)few new subjects next term, are there?
8. It’s the third time I ________(arrive) late this month because of the fog.
三.短文填空 先通读下面的短文，然后根据短文内容和所给首字母，在空格内填入一个 合适的词，使短文意思完整。所填单词必须在答卷标有题号的横线上完 整写出。（本大题共5分，每格0.5分）
Here is a question I have often asked at dinner parties:
of cancer. In his to become a doctor. Which one do you give the money to for medical school?
I've asked this question of everyone from the president of a famous university an ordinary young soldier, and it has never to get a discussion going. Everyone has an the whole evening.
The doctor was so _______________________ he had no time to answer the telephone.
The president’s speech _______________________in my country.
She told me that she _____________________________.
The topics about Teenage Problems __________________________.
___________________ they had _________________________ yesterday!
Can you offer me some advice ? I hope to hear from you soon.
第一卷 (选择题 共70分)
1、disabled 5、up-to-date 二、动词 1、arguing 5、dealt 1、dying 6、willing
2、to watch 6、was writing 2、final 7、to
4、would fly 8、have arrived
7、are going to be