1.To tell you the truth, not only you but also she
____given away all the pocket money to Project Hope. A. have B. has C. are D. is 2.Neither your sister nor mine _______the good news．Let's tell them．
A．know B knows C．knew
3．Look! There___ playing with the tourists on Yinhe Square. A.are a number of deer B. are a number of deers C. is a number of deer D. is a number of deers 4. There _____ some milk in the glass.
A. is B. are C. be D. has
5.A library with five thousand books ____to the nation as a gift.
A．is offered B．has offered C．are offered D．have offered
6．The number of ________ in our class ________ fifty. A. student, is B. the students, are C. the students, is D. students, are
7.They said the eighteenth and last lesson_____quite easy. A. is B. was C. are D. were
8. My shirt _____ white and my trousers _____ blue. A. are; are B. are; is C. is; is D. is; are
9.—I don’t think it’s good to drive eight hours without a rest. — I agree. Eight hours______ really a very long time. A. has B. is C. are 10When and where to build the new factory ____yet． A．is not decided B．are not decided C．has not decided D．have not decided 11．Not only I but also Jane and Mary_____tired of having one examination after another．
A．is B．are C．am D．be
12. There _____ a tiger and two chimpanzees in the zoo. Let’s go there this weekend.
A. are B. has C. is D. have
13．The number of people invited __fifty，but a number of them _____absent for different reasons A．were，was B．was, was C．was，were D．were．were 14. ------Two months _______ quite a long time. ------Yes. I’m afraid that he will miss a lot of lessons. A. is B. are C. was D. were 15. ---When are you going to Kumming for your holidays? ---I haven’t decided.____this Sunday_____next Sunday is OK. A. Both; and B. Either; or
C. Neither; nor D. Not only; but also 二．单项选择
1. — Hello, Mike. Long time no see. Where are you?
— Oh, not only my parent but also I__Wuhan for a month. A. have gone to B. have been to C. has been in D. have been in
2．Neither my father ________ going to see the patient. A. nor I am B. nor I are C. or me are D. or me is 3.Neither my father ________ going to see the patient. A. nor I am B. nor I are C. or me are D. or me is
4.There _____ a big cake and many candies at the party yesterday.
A. was B. were C. is D. are
5.The number of the students in our class _____ 54. A. is B. are C. has D. have
6. Most of the houses _______ this year. A. has built B. have built
C. has been built D. have been built 7. I think maths _____ very difficult to learn. A. is B. are C. has D. have
8. A large number of students _____ to work in Xingjiang. A. have gone B. has gone C. goes D. is going 9. The number of the students in the class ______ small. A. are B. is C. have D. were
10. There _____ a lot of good news in today’s newspaper. A. is B. are C. was D. were
11．How time flies! Ten years ________ passed. A. have B. has C. is D. are
12.Our knowledge of computer____growing all the time. A. be B. is C. are D. were
13. Everyone except Tom and John _____ there when the meeting began.
A. is B. was C. are D. were
14. ____Helen ____Joan speaks beautiful Chinese after they came to China
A. Neither; nor B. Not only; but also C. Both; and D. A and B
15. Are there any _______ on the farm? A. horse B. duck C. chicken D. sheep
三．单项选择 1.Everyone ______ I come from Sichuan. Actually, I come from Shandong. A. find B. think C. finds D. thinks 2. --David has been away for more than 25 days.
--I miss him very much. You know, 25 days ____short. A. is B. isn't C. are D. aren't
3. Yao Ming works hard on his English and ________ A．so Liu Xiang does B．so is Liu Xiang C．so does Liu Xiang D．so Liu Xiang is
4.The reading room ___very quiet. I enjoy reading books there. A. am B. is C. are D. be 5．There ___ some milk in the glass. A. is B. are C. be D. has
6.How time flies! Three years _____ really a short time. A. is B. are C. was D. were
7.In our school library, there ___ a number of books on science and the number of them _____ growing larger and larger. A. is; are B. are; is C. have; is D. is; have 8. Nobody but Li Hua ______ the secret.
A. knows B. know C. have known D. is known 9.. Three- fourths of the surface of the earth ______ sea. A. is B. are C. were D. has been
10. When and where to build the school ____ yet. A. is not decided B. are not decided C. hasn’t been decided D. have not decided 11. The old ______ taken good care of in China. A. is B. has C. are D. have
12. She is the only one of all the students who ______a chance to go abroad.
A. have B. has C. is D. are 13. Either Tim or I_______ a boss.
A. am B. is C. are D. be 14. Physics _________very interesting.
A. are B. is C. was D. were 15. The Smiths _____gone to Paris for a holiday. A. was B. is C. have D. has 16.My family __TV when Tom came in. A. is watching B. are watching C. was watching D. were watching
17.A large number of students ____fond of folk music very much.
A. am B. is C. are D. likes
18. The writer and poet _______ interested in action movies. A. am B. is C. are D. being 19. Three-fourths of the work ____today. A. has finished B. has been finished C. have finished D. have been finished
20. Not only Judy but also Helen _____ watching TV now. A. were B. is C. was D. are
21. Four days _______enough for me to finish the project, I need a fifth day.
A. isn’t B. is C. aren’t D. are 22. Neither Lucy nor Lily _____a doctor.
A. am B. is C. be D. are 23. Maths ______ my favorite subject.
A. be B. is C. am D. are
24.The old woman with the two dogs _____ when the earthquake happened.
A. were sleeping B. is sleeping C. was sleeping D. are sleeping
25. The movie is very boring. ______of us wants to go to see it again.
A. Neither B. Both C. All D. Some 26. This pair of sun glasses ______mine. A. am B. is C. are D. were
27. Both Jim and Jack ______ to the party last night. A. invited B. was invited C. had invited D. were invited
28. If you don’t go swimming tomorrow, ____.
A. so I don’t go B. nor will I C. so do I D. neither do I
29. The singer and the dancer __come to Xingyi. A. has B. have C. are D. is A. So has he. B. Neither has he. C. He has too. D. He hasn't too.
31. --She is very beautiful in her class. --______. A. So is she B. So she is C. Neither does she D. Nor is she
32.Yto blame for the traffic accident. A. are B. is C. have D. has
33.There _____ a chair and five desks in the teachers’ office. A. is B. am C. are D. were 34. There _____ some old pictures on the wall. A. is B. remains C. remain D. was
1. Either you or he ________(be) a teacher.
2. Not only Li Lei but also Jack ________(enjoy) playing football very much.
3. Both Lucy and Lily __(be) from the USA.
4. Jim with his parents often ______(take) a walk in the park after dinner.
5. The number of students in this school ______(be) about 800. 6. Two fifths of the apple ______(eat) up by the mouse already. 7. Ten dollars ________(be) not enough for me to buy a skirt. 8. Mr. Zhang as well as his two sons ______(watch) TV together at this moment.
9. The young ________(play) video games a lot on Sundays. 10. There ____(be) a boy and three girls in the classroom now.