Unit 1 Friends 一、语法聚焦
1. good / well:better / best bad, ill: worse / worst many, much : more / most little : less / least
old : older / elder; oldest / eldest
far : farther / further; farthest / furthest 注：older, oldest与elder，eldest意思不同，older，oldest表示年纪较大的，最大的或较老的、较旧的，最老、最旧的；elder，eldest用来表示兄弟姐妹或子女的长幼关系。如：I’m older than you. Tom is th eoldest student in his class. My bicycle is older than yours. This pencil-box is the oldest of the three. She is my elder sister.
farther, farthest与further，furthest意思不同，farther，farthest用来表示“距离”，而further，furthest则用于表示“时间、数量、程度”等意义。如：Is Beijing farther than Nanjing from our city? Whose home is the farthest from our school? Do you have further questions to ask?
2. 有时两者比较表示“程度超过”时， 状语从句可以省略。如：Are you feeling better(than you were just now)? Come earlier tomorrow(than you did today)?
a bit，a little等表示程度的状语。You look much better today. He feels a little more comfortable. 形容词比较级也可加any，no，some，even，still这类词。如：Do you want any more rice? That one is not good. This one is even worse.
4. 三者或三者以上以上的人或事物比较形式：Peter is the tallest of the three. The Changjiang River is the longest river in China. 二、词汇家园
Friend：abilities (smart/clever / hardworking /musical/ humour); activity ( hiking / cycling / camping / skiiing / diving / climbing ); appearance ( smart / slim / good-looking / handsome / thin / strong / fat / shoulder-length / square / round / smiling / tall / short / bright / nervous / beautifu / pretty / tidy / clean; personality ( friendly / kind / polite / happy / honest / helpful / cheerful / pleasant / generous 三、重点语句
1. She has short hair. 2. Her hair is short.
3. Sandy’s hair is longer than Millie’s hair. 4. He is the tallest boy in my class. 5. Millie is as tall as Kitty.
6. Sandy is tall and has long hair. 四、词块
Something has gone wrong with my computer.Nothing great is easy. Is there wrong with the radio?= Is it true that there is something wrong with the radio? 2) Do you have He He say at the party. 4)Everything that glitters is not gold.
2. What / How about another piece of pie? = What do you think of / about having another piece of pie? = How do you like another piece of pie?
3. More是形容词，意为“额外的”，作“还，再”解。常位于数词或any，no，a few，a little，many，much，a lot等表示程度的词或词组后。如：I have two more questions to ask. They need some more people to help us.
4. 1) Do you have anything les to cook? Nothing else. Is anybody else to do? Who else will you invite? 2.) It’s somebody else’ hair clip. 3) We studies Chinese, maths, and other subjects.
5. Make, let, have sb do sth
1) The news made 2) We made again?
6. She wants to be a singer when she grows up.
7. 8. ..bad-looking / strong-looking / good-looking ’
11. Be willing to do = be ready to do准备好 / 乐意做某事
12. Share.....with 与........分享，公用。 13. Help sb with sth = help sb to do sth
14. Give seats to sb; take / have a seat = sit down; take one’s seat就坐， 可引申为“代替某人的职务”
15. In need有需求的； in great need很需求； Sb + be+ in need of sth某人需要某物 16. Do you know the boy named / called / with the name of Gaoshan?
17. Almost 1.75 metres; almost all the boys; almost every morning; almost nothing; almost none；
18. However, we will look into the matter later. Later, however, he decided to go. However hard it may be, do your best.
19. What a poor memory I have! The food there is poor. We lived a poor life in the past. Poor Sam!
20. Some students in my class got sick because of the cold weather. = Some students in my class got sick because it was cold I couldn’t hear the teacher because of much noise in the classroom. = Because there was much noise in the classroom, I couldn’t hear the teacher.
21. She always He
’s cold outside. You’
22. Have / has a sense of.... 23. The bird sensed danger.
24. Don’t get bored with your lessons. I felt bored at doing nothing. It was a boring lesson. The lesson bored the students.
25. 1) --y : windy, rainy; cloudy; snowy; sunny; 2) --ful: helpful; careful; hopeful; beautiful; useful; wonderful. 3) --less : helpless; careless; hopeless; useless 4) --al : musical; physical 5) --ous : poisonous; dangerous 6) --able / ible : comfortable; reasonable; terrible 7) --ly : lovely; friendly; brotherly; manly
26. tell jokes; tell a story; have a joke / jokes with sb; make a joke about sb / sth; play a joke on sb
27. Your clothes They don’t 28. going to the old houses. He head. Listen. There’s a knock at the door.
29. I’m another way to work out the maths problem.
30. He likes wearing shoulder-length hair. 31. Have / has a few words with ; say a bad word about= speak ill of; say a good word about = speak well of ; Word came into his ears at last.
32. Please drop the waste things into the dustbin. Has the wind dropped? Where shall we drop you?
33. I get / am / become all mixed up.弄糊涂 34. Can you say it in English? T told him about school life. You should tell us the truth.
Talk about / of ; talk to / talk with; speak English; speak loudly to sb
35. He has reached the age to vote. I’ll vote for / against him. 36. Make friends
37. Try one’s best to do / do one’s best to do / try to do
38. It’change the diet is good for you. 对....有好处 39. In the future; in future; in the past; at present
40. I agree to have a morning assembly. I quite / really with you / what you said / you idea. I agree that Simon is the winter.
41. What’s sb like? ...beautiful and polite; What is sb? = What is someone’s job? ...a nurse; How is sb?.....quite well.
42. 1) have some problems / difficulties with (in doing) sth 2) How to solve these problems is just a question of time. Problem侧重“难度或需要处理”；question侧重“疑问和需要回答”。
43. 1）I hope that everything goes well. The result exceeds my wildest hopes.; 2) We wish / hope to visit Beijing some day. 3) I wish him to study in England. √ I hope he can study in England. √ I hope him to study in England. ×
44. Give (sb) advice (on); ask for sb’s advice 或ask advice of sb; take / follow one’s advice; do sth by / on one’s advice
45. 1) prepare sth; 2) prepare for sth / sb 3) prepare for ≈ get ready for
46. read sth / read about sth 实战中的“知与不知”运动
1. I’m hungry, Mum. I want _____ to eat. A. everything B. anything C. something D. nothing
2. Why not change to CCTV Chnanel4? There is ____ there.
A.important something B. important anything C. something importantD. anything important 3. ---When shall we meet? ---_____ a quarter past two? A. What about B. Which about C. Who about D. Where about
4. “Please” and “thank” are _____ words when you speak to others. A. friendly B. not polite C. unusual D. interesting
5. We should keep the fine ___ of the working people.
A. polite B. politely C. quality D. qualities 6. ----You look so happy! ---Jack says I’m ______.
A. pretty B. tired C. ill D. hungry 7. You did ____ well.
A. good B. beautiful C,. pretty D. handsome 8. His dream is to be an astronaut like Yang Liwei when he ______. A. grow up B. grows up C. will grow up D. growing up 9. ---Is Tom at school today? ---No. He’s at home ____ illness.
A. because B. because of C. before D. when 10. ---Did you enjoy your trip to West Hill? ---Very much. It was much ___ than I expected.
A. more boring B. more bored C. more interesting D. more interested 11. Could you tell me how to ___ it in
A. say B. speak C. talk D. tell 12. The headmaster is talking ___ his boys and girls in class. A. over B. about C. on D. to 13. 格林一家正在考虑去峨眉山旅游。 The Greens ____ going to Mount Emei. 14. Don’t think ill ___ him. A. about B. of C. out D. over 15. I like ____ my joy ____ my friends. A. share; to B. share; with C. sharing; to D. sharing; with
16. I’m sorry for ___ all your books on the desk.
A. knock down B. knocked off C. knocking about D. knocking over
17. ---Do you think your football will win the match?---Yes, we have better players. So I ___ them to win.
A. hope B. ask C. help D. wish
18. Her mother was out. She stayed at home ___, but she didn’t feel ____.
A. alone; lonely B. lonely; alone C. alone; alone D. lonely; lonely 19. He tried ____ three times, but failed. A. to climb B. climbing C. climb D. climbed 20. ----What is Miss Green like? ----______.
A. She likes music B. She is a teacher C. She is kind D. She is ill today 21. Kate lives ____ door.
A. next B. the next C. next to D. the next to 22. Mother enjoys ___ 看newspapers before she goes to bed.
23. He is not ____ accept other’s opinions. A. prepare B. prepared to
C. prepare for D. get ready
2. 语调组的划分不仅涉及信息单位的多少或朗读的速度，有时对表达意思的不同起着关键的作用。如：She didn’t visit Mr Wang because she was ill.如果我们读成两个语调组，将重音落在didn’t和ill上，意思是“她没有去看王先生，因为她病了。”但若把此句都成一个语调组，仅对ill强调，那意思就改变成“她不是因为自己有病才去看王先生的。”
Unit 2 School Life 一、语法聚焦
friendsChildren in cities drink milk children in the countryside.
2. fewer…than …比…更少（可数）… 3. less …than…比…更少（不可数）… Simon has less orange juice than Sandy. 4. the most最多（可数和不可数）
Army has the most story books in her class. 5. The fewest最少（可数） Daniel has the fewest friends. 6. The least最少（不可数） Kitty has the least money. 二、词汇家园
school life: sports( baseball / soccer / basketball / football / badminton / tennis / table tennis / softball / volleyball ); stationary ( notebook / ruler / pencil / rubber ); clubs ( Drama Club / Film Club / Reading Club / Support Group / Sewing Club / Art Club / Chess Club / Cooking Lessons ? Driving Lessons ); subjects ( Home Economics / English Art History / Science Geography / PE / Maths / Chinese / Computer Studies) 三、重点词句
1. Miliie has more flowers than Amy. 2. Daniel has the most money.
3. Amy’s sweater is like Millie’s sweater. = Amy’s sweater and Millie’s sweater are alike. 4. My uniform is the same as Simon’s uniform. = My uniform is different from John’s uniform. 四、词块
1. a rest? =
2. My watch is like yours. = My watch and yours are alike.
3. 4. If you blue yellow, water.
5. Let’s go school Julie, 6. How the meal is! The apple 7. She is my hero. Hero / potato / tomato / mango + es
wearing your eyes when you do eye exercises. 9. 10. I am in Grade Eight. = I am in the 8th grade.
11. What’s your subject? 12. Learn how to do sth.
13. Mary wants to buy something beofre prices go up. 14. spend ...doing
15. 16. Learn sth / more about 18. have a great time (in) doing sth 19. What do you mean by saying so? What does the sign mean?
What’s the meaning of the life? 20. an article by....一篇某人写的文章 21. at least
He doesn’t have a day off for a long time. 23. 24. 25. count from 1 to 5 last year but it can count from 1 to 100 now.
26. Have an hour for lunch; have half an hour for a rest;
27. She wears a pair of glasses. He put on his coat and went out.
28. 1)----How long did you live in that city?---for eight years. 20----How soon will he come back?---In three hours. 3) ---How often do you watch TV every week? -- Once a week.
29. I bought a big house with a beautiful garden.
30. lots of = a lot of 实战中的“知与不知”运动
24. He did little homework last night, ___ hr? 25. ---Why don’t we go for a picnic? ----________.
A. That’s a good ideaB. It’s very nice of you C. Thank you D. You are clever 26. ---___ is your English teacher like? ---She is friendly and helpful!
A. How B. Which C. Why D. What 27. Pingping’s school is ___ Tom’s school. A. a like B. like C. look like D. alike 28. The father, together with his children, ___ (watch) TV in the room.
29. Would you like learning how to play softball?改错
30. The food tastes ___. Don’t eat it. A. well B. bad C. good D. badly 31. Don’t _____ with each other in class.
A. say B. speak C. good D. talk 32. I don’t know _____.
A. where he is from B. what is he doing C. whose book is it D. what your name is 33. ---_____ do you go on a study trip? ---_____Twice a month. A. How soon B. How often C. How far D. How long 34. There is ____ sheep under the tree. A. a few B. a little C. little D. the fewest 35. He gas few friends, ____ he? 36. ---What does Tom like?改错 ---He is friendly humorous.
37. 改错She will can play the piano after month’s training.
38. ---_____ do you have an English party? ---Once a month. A. How old B. How far C. How often D. How long
39. My mother doesn’t like doing the housework at home. She usually ____ much time shopping in the supermarkets.
A. spends B. costs C. takes D. pays
40.----It’s too hot. Would you mind ____ the door?---______. Please do it now. A. to open; Ok B. opening; Certainly not C. opening; Of course D. to open; Good idea 41. The boy ___ a white jacket is waiting at the bus stop.
A. on B. in C. of D. for
42. Here are some flowers ____ you ____ our best wishes. A. to; for B. for; with C. of; to D. from; to 怎样理解作者的感情色彩
2. 注意表达感情、态度和立场的词语。作者为了表达个人的态度往往会用一些关键的词汇。如：He is always late.这里，always就是表示一种“厌烦”的意思。He is quite helpful. All the students like him. 这句话中， quite表现出来的感情色彩就是一种“赞许”。
3. 注意每段开头的句子。通常每段在开头都会有主旨句。而这些句子往往也能表达作者的感情色彩。如：Today Sam and I had a good time in the park. 从这句话可以看出，今天Sam和我是非常开心的。 4. 掌握作者的写作目的。 Unit 3 A day out 一、语法聚焦
1. 1) You, he and I are going there.2) He is
tall but thin. 3) You may watch TV or listen to the music. He stay in bed, or he will get worse. I don’t like apples, oranges or bananas.
2. It is hard, but they are still playing football.√
Although / Though it is hard, they are still
Although / Though it is hard, but they are still playing football.×
3. Study hard, and / then you’ll pass the exam. = If you study hard, you’ll pass the exam. Hurry up, or you’ll be late. = If you don’t hurry up, you’ll be late.
4. 1) 动词 + 带to的不定式结构。常见的动词有：ask, decide, expect, hope, learn, plan, want, try, forget, remember, like, choose, agree, begin, start等。如：He wants to go. 2) 动词 + 疑问词 + 带to的不定式结构。此类动词有：find out, decide, know, tell, forget, wonder, understand等。如：He doesn’t know how to fly a kite. 3) ask / tell / invite / get / want / wish / teach sb to do 4) have / make / let sb do; feel / listen to / look at / find / watch / see / notice sb do; 一感（feel）、二听（listen to， hear）、三让（let， have，make）、五看（look at, see, watch, notice, find) 注：1）I heard her sing. 我听见她唱了歌。I heard her singing. 我听见她在唱歌。2）I am willing to help you (to) finish the work. 2) is a doctor. = He is a doctor himself. 3) She these days.4) say to oneself心里想着；自言自语;
think to oneself独自想; enjoy oneself; teach oneself; look after oneself; help himself...; for oneself为自己; by oneself独自地 ; in oneself本身 四、词块
1. come. help you? There is no 2. my arms and legs;do 3. Keep fit / keep healthy 4. Come on来吧，表示催促
5. I’his lost Walkman but he couldn’t find it.
6. What has happened to her? A chemical change happened to te water. It happened that his father came.
7. Organize a day out for him. On one’s way home; a way out; the rooms upstairs; friends abroad; people here; the questions below; the signs ahead
8. make a plan to do = plan to do
9. take a bus / train / plane / boat trip to... be on a trip to...make / have a trip to travel最常用；tour指观光旅行或作考察的长途旅行；journey主要指陆地上的旅行；trip短时间的旅行、商务活动或观光。 10. It’s half ten now. In the few years, great changes have taken place in China. Let pass. me the ball,
11. Have a pen; have sports; have a lesson; have a great time表示一种祝愿，应答句可用Thank you/ Thanks; have lunch√; haven’t lunch×; don’t have lunch
12. stand by（在周围任何的一边） the teacher’s desk; sit beside（在左或右边） me; near距离上靠近） our school；by借助于bike;by 不迟于8: 30;
13. Room 203, Block 4, 96, Zhongshan Road, Nanjing, Jiangsu, 221000, China.
14. Invite sb to do; invite sb to some place; would you like to come to my birthday party?（当某人的面邀请） ; If you want to invite him to your birthday party, you’d better write an invitation letter to him.
15. a great / pleasant / happy day
16. at the beginning of 在…开始的时候其反义短语为 at the end of; in the beginning 起初 其反义短语为in the end
17. Get on上（公共汽车、火车、自行车、飞机、轮船）等，反义短语为get off；但表示“上轿车”、“上出租车”，则用get in / into, 其反义短语为get out of
18. We’ll go to Shanghai by Who is
their He us for the
19. 1) We are bored(tired / uninterested) with her boring(uninteresting / tiresome) talk.2) interesting / interested; exciting / excited; moving / moved; surprising / surprised
20. 1) He got drunk and was twice last night. 2) be sick(不可用ill）of...= be tired of...; 3) He is a man who never speaks ill（不可用sick） of anyone. = He is a man who never says a bad word about anyone. 4）He is ill（sick). He is sick(不可用ill） man. 21. Clothes cost money. young men like football. He ate food.
22. arrive in / at = get to = reach’ wait for his arrival; arrive / get / reach home
23. be made of; be made from; be made in; be made by
24. I don’t want any more rice. I am full enough. = I want no more rice. I am full enough. You’re not a child any longer / more. = You’re no longer / more a child.
25. school ; day; students
26. In front of = before指时间, 其反义词为after；指方位，其反义为behind。In front of 在（物体外）的前面，而in the front of 在（物体内）的前部 27. places of interest
28.all over the world = the whole world
29. He his mother. ----What’30. There’s something wrong with my computer. I’d like to buy a new one.(这里的one代替上句computer，是泛指，不能用it，因为it特指，相当于the computer，而且在one被定语修饰仍表示泛指时，前面应加a / an。 There are three pens on desk. The red one is mine. The black ones are Tom’.(one代替pen，ones代替pens）This question is easy, but expensive. The desks in our classroom are newer than those in their classroom.(those代替the desks） The weather in Nanjing is warmer than that in Beijing.(that代替the weather。以上两句中的those和that都不能用ones和one，因为此处为特指，表示特指性质时，后面常出现介词in或of短语。）This is your ruler and that’s mine. （不能用my one，因为one前无其他形容词修饰）You can use this ruler, 31. believe, understand, want, remember, guess等一般不用进行时。
32. amazing = surprising; amazed = surprised; amaze = surprise
33. students 34. next.
35. teach oneself: He taught himself Japanese. I taught myself how to play the violin.
36. He put his photos on it
37. save water; save many lives
38. She lives He started his talk 39. They went = They went She wears a smile on her face from beginning to end.
40. 1) It takes (sb) + some time / money + to do sth. It took him a lot of time to play computer games. = To play / Playing computer games took him a lot of time. = her 100 yuan the coat. = coat. = The coat / Buying the coat cost her 41. the monument to Lei Feng; the Monument to Lu Xun; the key to the door 42. after the football match. She when she is with us. We must show much 43. today.
44. Show sb sth; show sth to sb I can show
you some better ones. I can show some better
ones to you.
45. at the front of = in the front of
46. They (want to know) what to do(what they should do) next. I I could ask you some advice. The The child looked at his dead goldfish 47. Pull拉、拖、拔，其反义词为push推。He brother out of bed. The climbers the top of the hill. Don’t the young trees. A police car pulled up（停下来） outside the gate.
48. Please look at the blackboard. = look at the blackboard, please.
49. Sandy and Betty often help each other. They looked at one another and didn’t know what to do.
50. Keep sth to oneself保守秘密 keep warm, keep quiet, keep the law, keep doing sth, keep a promise, keep sth. From sb, keep a diary, keep away, keep back挡住, keep from阻止, keep on doing sth, keep up with
51. It is the in the final of the basketball competition. He took the law finals（律师学业的最后考试）.finally / at last / in the end 52. In the competition with ; compete in (with / for )
53. Take place （有准备、有计划好的）发生； happen（碰巧、而然地）发生。但两
54. with one’s support在某人的支持下，with one’s help
56. Shall I / we....? 主动表示“建议、征求意见、主动提供帮助”之意。
57. I am afraid that +句子表示“担心、客气地拒绝等”；ill). ---Is it going to rain? ----I’it is not going to rain).
In length / height / weight / age colour: The boys are the same in weight.
59. go\come\begin\start\leave\arrive\等表示运动的词可用进行时表示将来的动作。 60. All the way自始至终、一直
61. go shopping / skating / skiing / hiking / climbing / swimming / sightseeing / walking fishing, etc.
62. As soon as possible = as soon as possible /one can
63. plan to do = want to do
64. work in group; in two and threes, in pairs, 65. He came here for help. Sorry, I left the ball on the playground. Can I go for it? These are books for children.
66. Note down = write down = take down
67. Look for the missing words; fill in the
68. Separate ....from...They are twins. It’s hard to separate one fron the other. 69. the way(s) of doing
70. Make sure (that) the dorr is closed. 实战中的“知与不知”运动
43. The woman still doesn’t know what __ in her hometown while she was away. A. happens B. happened C. will happen D. was happened 44. When I walked ______ 经过the house yesterday, I heard someone is singing in English.
45. If you often take _____, you will be much healthier.
A. an exercise B. exercise C. exercises D. the exercises
46. ---Did you go to Jack’s birthday yesterday?--- No, I ______.
A. am not invited B. wasn’t invited C. haven’t invited D. didn’t invite
47. Jane was angry when John ____ her secret. A. finds B. looked for C. found D. found out
48. Beijing, Nanjing and Hangzhou are all _____ in China.
A. place of interests B. place of an interest C. places of interest D. places of interesting 49. You can ____ the game. It’s exciting. A. join in B. join C. take part in D. attend
50. The players from more than 200 countries will _____ the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing.
A. take part in B. attend
C. join D. hold
51. What a nice bag! But she _____ only thirty dollars for it.
A. cost B. took C. spent D. paid
52. ---Your sweater looks nice. Is it ___ wool?---Yes, and it’s ___ Inner Mongolia. A. made of; made by B. made of; made in C. made by; made forD. made by; made from 53. His face ___ an old man over eight years old.
A. liked B. felt like C. looked like D. looked
54. When they __ at the village, it was already twelve o’clock.
A. arrived B. reached C. got D. came 55. He doesn’t go to work by bus any more. He ______ ______ goes to work by bus.
56. I was amazed at the scenery when I first visited Sanya.
A. surprised at B. interested in B. proud of D. pleased with
57. ----Mum, I want to learn how to swim. Who can help me?
---You can ___ yourself.
A. enjoy B. teach C. come D. look 58. I’ll give a talk tomorrow. I’m thinking about ____ . A. what to say B. how to say C. what can I say D. how can I say
59. Remember to turn the book to the school library in the time, _____ you will be fined. A. or B. and C. but D. then
60. The doctors and nurses were very tired, ____ they still went on working. A. so B. and C. or D. but
61. David enjoys ___ music at weekends, but I prefer _____ for a picnic. A. listening to; go out B. listening to; to go out
C. to listen to; to go out
D. listen to; going out
62. Mr Green kept on ____ the players ___ teamwork.
A. asking; to remember B. asking; remembering C. to ask; remembering D. to ask; to remember
63. ---Shall I turn down the radio, Jane? It’s a little loud.
A. No, you won’t B. Don’t do that C. No, please don’t D. Yes, please don’t
64. ----Shall we go to visit the Museum of Natural History first?---_______. A. Yes, we do B. Yes! Let’s go C. No, you shan’t D. It’s a pity 65. ---May I use your bike, Jack? ---____. It is broken坏了. A. Yes, please B. I’m afraid not
D. No, thanks
66. ----Shall we go for a picnic tomorrow?同义句改写
---______ ______ go for a picnic tomorrow?
67. I finished homework. My father helped me.合并为一个简单句
68. Do remember to lock the door when you leave.
______ ______you lock the door when leave. 69. The museum is _____ _____ all kinds of dinosaurs.
70. To his surprise, the books on the ________ (twelve) shelf were ______ (miss). 71. The president of the USA will come ____
A. to B. on C. for D. up
72. You must drive your car as _____ as possible. A. careful B. careless C. carefully D. carelessly 73. He has fewer money than I.改错 巧记笔记
1. 详细地记老师讲的重点、难点。 2. 反思课堂上的闪光点，如：师生问答中的巧言妙语、分析解决某一问题的精辟见解或捷径、某些语法句型的典型用法或例句等。
二、及时整理，去粗取精 1.最好一周两次，最少一周一次。 2.重点内容要及时强记，最好一月内五次。 三、回到书本，融会贯通
Unit 4 Wild Animals 一、语法聚焦 1. If...如果........
在“if”引导的条件从句中，用一般现在时代替一般将来时。If it doesn’t rain tomorrow, I will go camping with friends.
If T have enough time, I will help many people. 二、词汇家园
Creature: person( chairperson / hunter / writer / farmer’ insect; wild animals (camel / dolphin / fox / squirrel / zebra / giraffe / polar bear / giant panda / kangaroo / wolf / torfoise); plant ( bamboo / forest / rainforest / bamboo shoot 三、重点语句
1. If we grow more bamboo, giant pandas will have more food.
2. If tigers are hungry, they attack people. 3. Wolves have very good eyesight, hearing and smell. 四、词块
1. Your food delicious. The music 2. 3. Talk about sth; talk with sb; give a talk 4. 1) He died last month. His death made us sad. They saw a dead man yesterday. The sick man is dying. 2) die of 死于内因，如生病、
饥饿等。Die from死于外因，如事故。 He is in Class1, Grade8. I don’t like it, 6. I can myself now. = I can danger now. It is to play with fire.
9. Look like / be like
10. You can What can we Do you know the boy 11. What does the word mean? It means “hope”. What’s the meaning of this word? 12. be born
14. At four = When he was four years old), he often played by the river.
The small trees will tall trees quickly.
17. ten years later = after ten years
18. a room to live in; a good place to go to 20. work out the problem.
21. leave sb. On one’ own把某人独自留下 Don’22. The old man lives in small house alone. I
often go home alone after school.alone单独的、独自的，不具有感情色彩。She has no children and feels lonely. Lonely孤独的、寂寞的，具有感情色彩。alonely house 23.make us laugh; make room clean
24. encourage sb to do
25. Help sb (to) do sth / help sb with sth; Thank you for your I don’t think the 26. In front of ; in the front of
28. a piece of information; much information 29. Have enough water; big enough
30. ’31. 1) He didn’t go to school because he was ill( because of his illness). I was late, because I missed the early bus. = I missed the early bus, so I was late.2) as 引导原因状语从句，常用于句子开头，但语气较弱，也没有since正式。Since侧重于主句，语气比because弱，常置于句首，表示较为勉强的原因。For（1）表示的原因最弱，顺序是because、since、as、for；（2）不能单独回答why提问的句子；（3）for和since、as一样不可在之前带否定词或其它修饰语，或者带某些
32. .up to一直（指时间或数目），up to now 33. At a time 1) 一次 2）曾经
34. A number of = many ; 35. It is getting colder and colder. 36. Keep doing
37. do something采取措施
74. The situation处境was _____. People were ______.
A. danger; in danger B. dangerous; dangerous C. dangerous; in danger D. in danger; dangerous
75. Here is a _____ (die) mouse. Was it killed by your cat?
76. My sister doesn’t like the dress. She thinks it makes it her _____ fat.
A. look B. looks C. to look D. looked 77. There is ____ salt in the kitchen. Would you like to go to the store and get _____? A. little; some B. little; any C. a little; some D. a little; any
78. Listen! They ____ about Harry Potter. Let’s join them. A. are talking B. talk C. have talked D. talked
79. Sorry, I can’t wait for him ____. A. any long B. any longer C. no longer D. no long
80. His mother told him, “ ____ your coat.”
A. Wear B. To wear C. Put on D. Putting on 81. I have a lot of work ______. A. do B. did C. to do D. doing
82. It is important ______ a foreign language. A. to learn B. learns C. learned D. learn
83. You must _____ the cooking this afternoon.
A. help me doing B. help me do C. to help to do D. help do to me
84. H lives ____ in this town, but he doesn’t feel _____. (lonely, alone)
85. It is very cold in winter. You ____ warm clothes.
A. need wear B. are needing to wear C. need to wear D. need wearing 86. If he will come, I will call you.改错 87. You’ll find it exciting to search the internet and you can get quite a lot of informations.
88. You can see many tall buildings if you go across the city.改错.
89. I’m sorry I;m too busy now. Please ask ____ for help.
A. some one else B. some else body C. somebody else D. anyone else 90. These sweaters are ____ wool. A. made of B. made form C. made into D. made up 91. The boy ____ his father.
A. don’t look like B. looks be like
C. doesn’t looks like D. doesn’t look like 92. The number of wild animals is getting ____.
A. bigger and bigger B. more and more
C. smaller and smaller D. fewer and fewer 93. ---You are so tired; why not take a rest? ---________.
A. Because I couldn’t B. Maybe I should C. I don’t know D. Sorry, I can’t fell you 94. They kept ____ the room but they didn’t feel tired.
A. to clean B. clean C. cleaning D. cleaned 95. Can I have any bread?改错 学习英语的有效方法----背诵 一、通读全文，理解大意 二、反复朗读，增强语感 三、由浅入深，循序渐进 四、手脑并用，事半功倍 五、注意复习，形成习惯 Unit 5 Birdwatchers 一、语法聚焦
1.一般现在时表示将来：1）按计划将要发生的事情。The football final begins at eight tomorrow evening. CCTV News starts soon. The train leaves in 5 minutes. It is Sunday tomorrow. The new shopping mall opens next week. 2) 在时间和条件从句中。I’ll phone you when she comes. If it doesn’t rain tomorrow, they’ll go fishing. 3) 在hope，make sure等动词引导的宾语从句。I hope
you are well. Make sure that the door is
closed before you leave.
2.. 现在进行时表示将来的用法：1）带有“意图”、“预期”、“安排”之意，通常动词是表示位移的go, come, move, arrive, leave, begin, start, get, return等。We are leaving for Shanghai tomorrow. 另外meet, die, see off, eat等动词可用现在进行时表示将来。The badly sick man is dying. He is meeting me after school. 2) 在条件和时间从句中表示将来。Look carefully when you are crossing the street. If you are not going, we won’t go, either.
3.1) A. possible→possibly; simple→simply; gentle→simply; B. wonderful→wonderfully; real→ really; careful → carefully; C. wide → widely; sure → surely; compete → carefully; D. angry → angrily; merry → merrily; ordinary → ordinarily; 2) friendly; lovely; brotherly等。3) early, fast, late, back等。4）good → well;
4. 1) 与终止性动词的否定形式连用，意为“直到.......才.....”，“不......就不......”，可用till替代。I didn’t go to bed until / till your father comes. 2) He didn’t watch TV until his mother returned. 直到他妈妈回来，他才看
电视。He watched TV until his mother returned. 他看电视一直到他妈妈回来为止。
5. He always greets me when he passes my
way. She gave me a smile of greeting. Please give me my greetings to Jack when you see him.
1.Bird:kind(crane / sparrow / swallow / seagull / swam / golden / eagle / red crowned) ; character ( long / winged / web-footed / forked / pointed / broad / hooked / brownish.
2.Dis--honest; ir--regular; im--possible, polite; in--correct, famous; un--comfortbale, necessary, happy, able, friendly, common, usual, clean, clear, easy, helpful, kind, lucky, pleasant, sure, popular, sure, tidy, safe,tiring. 三、重点语句
1. Shoes that are too small are uncomfortable. 2. The show starts at 7: 30 p. M.
3. We are having noodles for dinner tonight. 4. This means there will be less and less space for whildlife. 四、词块
1. go birdwatching
2. At the market? 完整形式：Are you going birdwatching at the market? 类似：---I am going here tomorrow. --Tomorrow? (= Are you leaving here tomorrow?)
3. Long-winged翅膀长的, web-footed蹼足
的; 类似：a white-haired girl; a left-handed boy; a warm-hearted woman; a one-eyed
camel; a middle-aged teacher.
4. a pointed pencil; a pointed report
5. 1) golden eagle金雕；this golden opportunity; 2) in a golden age; a gold coin; a gold ring
6. 1)明确划分的地区，用east, west, south,
的地区则用eastern, western, southern, northern, 如：Northern countries; 3) southeast; southwest; northeast; northwest
7. 1)a broad / wide river(street); 2) broad shoulders and breast; broad minds in the matters; 3) a man with wide interests; open his mouth wide;
8. 略带褐色的羽毛foolish; childish; reddish
9. One of the heaviest boxes are ours. English is one of her favourite subjects.
10. Because it is raining hard, we decide to stay at home. = It is raining hard, so we decide to stay at home.
11. They food and clothes the 12. 1) He needs most. In the heavy rain, we found the of a small house. She used a newspaper as from the sunshine.
13. The ideal home
14. many buy four from the market; Help yourself to some They 15. all year round = all the year round 16. 1) a week’s stay 2) stay in the open air 17. month later, I found my goldfish alive（此处不可用living）on TV now. 当“直播”将时，只用live. The
old man is still alive / living.
18. 1) a rare metal 2) I rarely play tennis. = I seldom / don’t often play tennis.
19. 1) He wants to climb up the tree to pick the apples. 2) make room / space for ..... 20. 比较级 + and + 比较级 He’s becoming less and less interested in computer games. He makes fewer and fewer mistakes in his homework. More and more flower make our school more and more beautiful.
21. Be in danger反义be in safety; dangerous反义safe; dangerously 反义safely 22. 1）enough space / space enough足够的空间，enough 不能被very修饰；2）old enough / walk fast enough 3) enough for 对......是必要的/ 足够的
23. Protect sb. / sth.from .....使某人或某物免
24. 1) endanger →endangered; interest →
interested; please → pleased; 2) camp →encamp; courage →encourage;
25. 2) ----Do you have about you?----Sorry, I only have a note of 50 yuan.3) 26. At the beginning of the class, the teacher made the students. Maybe she missed one Count the fingers / the money
27. How often 提问用once a day / week / month / year等会答。
28. 1）hope to do / be; 2) hope that +句子√; hope sb to do× 3) hope , hopeful , hopeless 4) hope可转化为现实的希望；wish很难或根本不能转化为现实的希望
29. Take actions to do; take some action to do 30. tear (tore) 撕下、扯下；She tore the letter into pieces. He tore the child from her arm. I tore the paper in two. Her tears（眼泪）came down immediately.
31. I took her bag by mistake. = I mistook her bag. She mistook me for Jack.
32. 1) usual ---unusual; lucky --unlucky; popular --unpopular; able --unable; 2) possible ---impossible; polite --impolite; mature --immature 3) regular --irregular 4) correct --incorrect; famous --infamous;
33. The jungle is the home of tigers. He invited me to his home yesterday. a rich home; the children’s Home;
34. Seven students climbed the hill including two girls. The book includes texts and exercises.
35. She wears gloves her hands 36. Give me your doing it. That’s I was late. There is some reason to suspect him.
37. prevent sb. / sth (from) doing; keep sb. / sth from doing
38. date of birth; the birth of the human society
39. Interests and hobbies; 1) The boy has / shows / takes / feels (an) interest in comic strip. Th ebook has no interest to me. He’s playing the computer with great / much interest. 2) He has an interest in the business. 3) What interests you?
40. call sb. On / at + telephone number; The house was on fire. We called119 at once. 41. I simply can’t believe my own eyes. 42. can’t wait for; can’t wait to do
96. ---_____ do you pay a visit to your grandparents?---At least four times a month though I am busy preparing for my exam. A. How many B. How long C. How much D. How often
97. The population of our city is becoming ______.
A. larger and larger B. more and more C. fewer and fewer D. less and less
98. The poor and man works _____ without a
A. year by year B. year after year C.from year to year D. all the year round 99. ---Have you found ____ here in the room?---Everything is OK _____ the broken window.
A. special thing; except B. anything special; besides C. special thing; besides D. anything special; except
100. He is a ____ student and he never tells the truth.
A. honest B. dishonest C. clever D. good
101. Nothing in the world is ____ if you set your mind to do it. A. impossible B. wonderful C. interesting D. necessary
102. I’m not free today. I _____ ______ with my grandpa the whole day.
’s wrong with you? A. happy B. unhappy C. angry D. pleased 104. It rained heavily. We couldn’t get to school on time.改为同义句
The heavy rain ________ us ________ getting to school on time.
105. He speaks English _____ an American, so we all believe that he has stayed in America for many years. A. as good as B. worse than C. as badly as D. as well as 106.在你们离开教室之前， 要确保所有的电灯都关了。
___ all the lights ____ before you leave the classroom.
107. ----Time to go to bed, Mary.
----Oh, Mum, I won’t go to bed ____ I have
finished my homework.
A. after B. since C. until D. as soon as 108. This road is not ____ for trucks to pass through.
A. widely enough B. enough wide C. wide enough D. enough widely 109. Ten ___ ten ____ twenty. A. plus; are B. plues; is C. plus; is D. and; are
110. About ___ the students failed in the exam.
A. eight percent B. eight per cent of C. per cent eight D. eight per cents of
111. Young people have great interest in pop songs.改写句子，句意不变。
Young people ________ greatly _______ _______ pop songs.
112. He _____ high school next year. A. finished B. finishes C. has finished D. finish
113. The sign “@” in tzjoy@ hotmail. Com means “____”.
A. a B. to C. at D. on 数学常用符合及算术的读法 1. + plus 2. －minus 3. ×time(s) 4. ÷ divide 5. a = b a is equal to b 或a equal b 6. -- 4 negative four 7. X ≤ y x is less than or equal to y 8. a ≤ x ≤ b x is between a and b 9. a ≠ b a is different from b 10. X? the nth power of x 或x raised to the nth power Unit 6 Natural Disasters 一、语法聚焦
1. 1）was / were + 动词现在分词
2）过去进行时的用法：A。表示过去某一刻正在进行的动作，典型的时间状语（this time yesterday; at that moment; at seven last night等）B。 表示在过去某一段时间正在
进行的动作。Last year, he was learning English in Australia.
2. hard. Mother doesn’t . Don’二、词汇家园
Weather : 1) storm, rainstorm, thunder, typhoon, fog, cloud, wind, frost, sandstorm 2) foggy, windy, snowy, frosty, rainy, cloudy Nature disaster : shake, earthquake, flood, wash away 三、重点语句
1. The children cried because they were frightened.
2. Mr Wu told us to go home.
3. The weather today is sunny but it’ll be cloudy tomorrow. 四、词块
1. 1) It rained heavily last night. 2) Don’t stand in the rain. 3) How is the weather? What is the weather like?
2. 1) Can I drive a car?表能力 2) Can I watch TV? 表允许 3) He can’t be at home.表猜测（用于否定句和疑问句）
3. 1) I will stay here for two days. 2) He will
go there for a short stay. 4. too tired ; too hot
5. I can’t finish the work without your help. 6. mop sth up 拖干; dry sth up 干涸; eat sth up吃光 ; drink sth up喝光
7. A cat crashed into the wall. The door crashed open.
8.wash away 冲走; wash off冲掉
9. A car accident killed three people.
10. 1) play with fire ; on fire. 2) There was a fire in the village night.
11. 1) Hot water hurt my feet. 2) My arm still hurts.
12. He got a slight cold. He is shaking slightly.
13. look through the window; walk across the street; jump over the wall
14. for fear由于害怕 ; in fear of 怕 15. 1）Jack is like his father. The twins are alike. 2) like 的反义词unlike
16. scream for help
17. 1) All the children ran away ’ directions
18. some wild animals; She shouted wildly. 19. try one’s best to do
20. 1) calm down; keep calm when you in danger.
21. 1) School is over. 2) She is over there. 3) Go over the bridge. 4) She is over forty years old. 5) There is a bridge over the river.
23. 1) They were trapped in the fire. 2) I fell
into his trip. She set a trap for rats.
24. I’m busy at this moment. Please wait for a moment.
25. A good idea went through my mind.
26. 1) She is still alive. The whole school is alive热闹. 2) living things; living languages 3) He is a lively 有活力的man. She likes wearing clothes with lively鲜艳的 colours. 27. hear from
28. 1) How much / many ....? None ....; 2) Who ...? No one Nobody. 3) What ...? Nothing
29. stay / keep healthy stay at home; for a short stay;
30. 1) be afraid 2) be afraid of sth / doing sth; 3) be that + 从句 4） I’m afraid常用的口语“恐怕”
31. Be in a hurry; in such a hurry 32. feel / seem / look / smell / taste
The coat feels soft. It seems to be very soft. He seems very worried. You look young. The apple smell sweet. The food tastes delicious. 33. 1) take one’s temperature; What’s the temperature today?
34. The temperature has dropped down.
35. He hit his head against the wall. He hit me on the back.
36. It takes sb. some time to do sth 37. forget to do; forget doing sth
38. 1) 行为动词. I need to have a good sleep. 2) 情态动词You needn’t clean the work
today. ---Need I finish the work today?----Yes, you must / have to; No, you needn’t. 3) A friend in need is a friend indeed.
39. 1) He always makes excuses for being late. 2) Excuse me for being late.
40. 1) I hurried to school this morning. 2) Hurry up, or you’ll be late. 3) in a hurry 41. Warn sb (not) to do 42. One by one
43. weather conditions 44. time of arrival
45. 1) Please give him a call. 2) I often call him.
46. 1)The box is a heavy. 2)It is a heavy rain. 47. 1)He has a serious cold. 2)He is seriously ill.
48. The police are having a meeting.
49. 1) My leg hurts a lot. 2) The knife hurt my hand.
50. share ...with
51. Please remove the mud. 52. Nothing but = only
实战中的“知与不知”运动 114. It is raining hardly outside.改错
115. The light in his room is on. He can be at home.改错
116. Look! His clothes are on a fire.改错
117. ---May you speak English?---- Yes, but only a little.改错
118. The boy fell down a tree and broke his leg.改错
119. It was raining heavily outside. The father made the children ____ in the room. A. to stay B. stay C. staying D. sayed
120. I heard the girl _____ in the next room, but there’s nobody there now.
A. singing B. sing C. sings D. sang
121. I heard his father ___ when I pass his room every day.
A. sang B. sings C. singing D. to sing
122. Every year ___ of trees are planted on the hills to protect the environment. A. a thousand B. thousands C. thousand 123. “ What should I do?” he said to ____. A. himself B. herself C. myself D. yourself 124. ---thanks for helping me with my English.---_______. A. all right B. Not at all C. No, thanks D. You are right
125. _____ teachers are at work. Be quiet. A. All of B. All the C. All D. None of 126. We have to study _____. A. all the day B. the all day C. whole the day D. whole day 127. ---What did the doctor say?
---He ____ me not to eat too much candy. A. warned B.suggestedC. stopped D. allowed 128. ---What did the teacher say? ---He ___ us to start at once.
A. let B. made C. ordered D. had 129. ---What’s wrong with that boy? --- He ___ by a car yesterday. A. was hit B. hit C. is hit D. hits
130. ---Do you still remember ___ me somewhere in Shanghai?
---Yes, of course. Two years ago.
A. to see B. see C. seeing D. saw
131. Remember to ___ the lights before you leave the lab.
A. turn on B. turn off C. turn up D. turn down 132. We didn’t catch the train ____ we left late.
A. so B. because C. but D. though
133. ____ you can’t answer this question, we have to ask someone else for help.
A. Although B. White C. Whether D. Since 134. ___ he was not well, ___ I decided to go to Beijing without him.
A. As; as B. As; so C. As; / D. Because; so 135. Aunt Li often asks her son ___ too much meat. It’s bad for his health. A. don’t eat B. not to eat C. not eat D. to not eat
136. He stayed in the hospital for six weeks with a s________ illness.
137. --- What’s wrong with that boy? ---He ____ by a car yesterday. A. was hit B. hit C. is hit D. hits 138. It is snowing hardly outside now.改错
139. ---What’s wrong with you?
--- I am badly ___ . I will go to see the doctor.
A. hurt B. hurted C. thirsty D. illness 140. _________ (nature) food is good for our health.
141. Tim was _______ (trap) in a dark place when the earthquake stopped.
142. Let me know the time of your ______ (arrive)