1．In the restaurant we learned how to serve __________ (顾客)．
2．There are many __________ (女医生) in the children's hospital．
3．Liquids Can be turned into __________ (气体)．
4．We often go to Shanghai Library __________ (星期日下午)．
5．Our school has __________ (八十年的历史)．
6．--Excuse me，where's __________ (教师办公室)?
--Sorry, I don't know．I'm new here．
7．Oh，so many __________ (巧克力糖) in the box !
8．Mike，you are playing __________ (电子游戏) again．
9．Mother got __________ (东西) ready for the next day's picnic．
10．-- __________ (祝你玩得愉快)．
--The same to you．
11．At __________ (周末) we often go swimming．
12．Billy，take off your __________ (眼镜). Let's have __________ (检查)on __________ (视
13．A shining coin on the ground __________ (引起我注意)．
14．The old man was happy to see many highrises __________ (亲眼)．
15．I wonder how many __________ (女服务员)watched the first performance of the singing
16．I'm sure that __________ (奥林匹克运动会)will be held in our country one day．
17．The store sells __________ (运动鞋)for middle school students．
18．They __________ (握手) warmly when they were introduced to each other．
19．“ __________ (两杯咖啡)，please，”Mr Smith said to the waiter as he sat down．
20．--“Did you enjoy the trip?” asked the teacher．
--“Yes，we did，” answered the children __________ (异口同声)．
21．The weather station said that there would be __________ (大雨) after mid-night．
22．--Would you have a little more __________ (鱼)?
23．Is there __________ (足够的地方)in the corner for another chair?
24．Don't __________ (吵闹)when you go up and down the stairs．
25．He went to the store to buy some __________ (鸡蛋)．
1. In the streets there are ______ of different colours and sizes．
A. taxi B. the taxi C. the taxis D. taxis
2. These girls will become ______ when they graduate from the medical college.
A. woman doctors B. women's doctors
C. women doctors D. the women doctors
3. Usually ______ are very careful in doing exercises.
A. girl students B. girls students C. gifts' students D. girl's students
4. The waitress brought us ______.
A. glasses of juices B. glasses of juice C. glass of juices D. glass of juice
5. The news reporter has collected ______ about the private schools in the city.
A. lots of informations B. a lot of information
C. much of information D. many informations
6. This is ______ to students of English.
A. a useful advice B. useful advice
C. one of useful advices D. piece of useful advice
7. It was freezing cold outside, so we made ______ in the office.
A. fire B. the fire C. a fire D. some fire
8. We need plenty of ______ and fresh ______.
A. the sun, airs B. suns, airs C. suns, air D. sun, air
9. They were happy with their ______ in their studies.
A. great progresses B. great progress
C. many progresses D. lot of progress
10. Finally Billy got ______ as a waiter in a cafe.
A. a job B. a piece of job C. a work D. a piece of works
11. -- Sorry, my husband is not in. Would you leave a message?
-- All right. Please give me ______.
A. a few papers B. some pieces of papers
C. some paper D. a paper
12. The schoolboys had ______ climbing up to the top of the hill.
A. a good time B. good time C. good times D. the good time
13. He took down ______ while he was listening to radio English.
A. several news B. a number of news
C. a few pieces of news D. some of news
14. Let's sit down on ______ and rest for a while.
A. the grass B. the grasses C. grass D. grasses
15. The ship "Titanic" went down into the sea and thousands of ______ were lost.
A. lifes B. lives C. life D. the lives
16. -- Many thanks indeed.
-- It's ______.
A. pleasure B. a pleasure C. the pleasure D. great pleasure
17. It's about ______ to the zoo.
A. two hours' ride B. two hour's ride C. two-hours ride D. two-hour-ride
18. Wei Wei showed me ______.
A. some stamps of him B. the stamps of his
C. some his stamps D. some stamps of his
19. He left his motorcycle outside ______ and went in.
A. the doctor B. a doctor C. doctor's D. the doctor's
20. -- Do you know whose this umbrella is?
-- It may be ______.
A. Susan B. the Susan C. the Susans D. Susan's
21. I'd like to have one of that ______.
A. writer's books B. writer's book C. writer books D. writers' books
22. Bob dropped ______ of milk on the ground and cut his finger on some broken ______.
A. a glass, glass B. a glass, glasses
C. the glass, glasses D. glass, glass
23. We were walking along the street when an ______ came up to us and asked whether we were
A. English, Chinese B. Englishman, Chineses
C. Englishman, Chinese D. Englishman, a Chinese
24. ______ telephoned this morning.
A. My father friend B. A friend of my father
C. A friend of my father's D. One of my father's friend
25. She looked at herself in the mirror and brushed ______.
A. her hair B. the hair
C. her hairs D. the hairs
26. These are ______, and those are ______.
A. Japanese, Germen B. Japaneses, Germans
C. Japaneses, Germen D. Japanese, Germans
27. My sister was interested in ______.
A. stories of children B. children stories
C. children's stories D. childrens' stories
28. I wonder how many ______ I should pay for the service.
A. dollars B. money C. cent D. moneys
29. On the farm we saw a lot of ______.
A. cow and sheep B. cows and sheeps
C. cow and sheeps D. cows and sheep
30. About 120 ______ were at the lecture and each ______ was given a new book by the speaker.
A. people, people B. persons, people C. people, person D. person, person
31. We often go to Shanghai Library ______.
A. on Sunday afternoons B. in Sunday afternoon
C. on Sunday's afternoon D. in Sunday afternoons
32. The church across the street has ______.
A. 800 years history B. a history of 800 years
C. 800-year history D. the 800 years' history
33. -- I wish you ______
-- The same to you.
A. the pleasant journey B. pleasant journey
C. pleasant journeys D. a pleasant journey
34. Billy, take off your ______. Let's have ______ on your eyesight.
A. glass, a check-up B. glasses, check-up
C. glasses, a check-up D. glass, the check-up
35. The store sells ______ of various brands.
A. sport shoes B. sports shoes C. sports shoe D. sport shoe
36. ______ is one of my favourite English restaurants.
A. The Brown B. Brown's
C. The Browns D. The Browns'
37. " ______, please," Mr Smith said to the waiter as he sat down.
A. Two coffees B. The two coffees
C. Two coffee D. Two cups of coffees
38. There was just ______ for my daughter and me to sit on the ground.
A. an enough room B. enough room
C. the enough room D. enough a room
39. About 200 students entered for ______.
A. the 100-meter race B. a 100-meters race
C. a 100-meter-race D. the 100 meters' race
40. -- All my ______ to you.
-- It's ______.
A. thank, pleasure B. thank, the pleasure
C. thanks, a pleasure D. thanks, all pleasure
41. Are ______ coming to our party tomorrow evening?
A. Smiths B. the Smith's C. Smiths' D. the Smiths
42. The ______ is one of the places visitors like to go to in our city.
A. rose garden B. rose's garden
C. roses garden D. roses' garden
43. There's been ______ over the past few days. All the town streets were covered with ______.
A. heavy snow, snow B. a heavy snow, snow
C. the heavy snow, the snow D. heavy snow, the snow
44. I called at ______ three times yesterday morning, but he wasn't in.
A. my teacher B. my teachers
C. my teacher's D. a teacher of mine
45. Two ______ and a cup of milk are usually my breakfast.
A. slices of bread B. slices of breads C. breads D. slice of bread
46. Homework for today is to write ______ composition about your visit to Shakespeare's
A. a five-hundred-word B. a five-hundred-words
C. a five-hundreds-word D. a five-hundred-words'
47. At the New Year's party, I met ______.
A. some Mr Black's students B. Mr Black's some students
C. some students of Mr Black's D. some students of Mr Black
48. Most of the speeches were good, but ______ was boring.
A. that speech of the student's B. the student's that speech
C. that of the student's speech D. that the student's speech
49. I like these dishes, but ______ is a little smaller.
A. the tea's cup B. the cup of the tea
C. a cup of tea D. the tea cup
50. I'm afraid ______ is too much for a boy of eleven.
A. the weight of a bike B. weight of a bike
C. the weight of bike D. the bike weight IK
51. I wonder whether teachers in the United States give ______?
A. many homeworks B. much homework
C. many of homeworks D. much of homework
52. A man of sixty should have ______, but Mr lee doesn't have even one grey hair.
A. grey hair B. grey hairs C. the grey hair D. the grey hairs
53. I hope there won't be too ______ in your work.
A. many troubles B. much trouble
C. much of trouble D. many of troubles
54. Farmers in the forest area need a lot of ______ for the winter.
A. wood B. woods C. the wood D. the woods
55. All my students are greatly interested in Black's ______.
A. physics' lessons B. physics lessons C. lessons of physics D. physic's lessons
56. -- Did you have ______ on the ship?
-- Yes, we had a lot of ______.
A. a bad weather, rain B. bad weather, rains
C. bad weather, rain D. the bad weather, the rain
57. -- Would you have a little more ______?
-- No, thanks.
A. fishes B. of fish C. fish
58. Many ______ about movie stars are not true.
A. news story B. news stories C. news' stories
59. ______ are used instead of ______ in most parts of the world.
A. Metres, feet B. Metres, foot C. Metre, foots
60. She works in television as well as writes ______.
A. the children's books B. children's books C. the children books
D. of fishes D. stories of news D. Metre, feets D. children books