1. There are ______ days in a year.
A. three hundred and sixty-five B. three hundred sixty five
C. three hundreds sixty-five D. three hundreds and sixty-five
2. Oh, it's ______. Let's go to school together.
A. the quarter to eight B. a quarter to eight
C. seven forty-five minutes D. forty-five past seven
3. School usually begins on ______.
A. the first of September B. the first, September
C. September One D. September, the first
4. The Olympic Games will be held in Australia in ______.
A. 2,000 year B. the year 2,000
C. the 2,000 D. the year of 2,000
5. I'm afraid ______ of the story is not so interesting.
A. the part two B. second part C. the second part D. part second
6. -- Which room are you staying in?
A. The Room 301 B. 301 Room C. Room 301st D. Room 301
7. -- How many typewriters do you need?
-- I need ______.
A. three ones B. three C. the three D. them three
8. About ______ said that they enjoyed those books very much.
A. four fifths students B. four fifth of the students
C. four fifths of students D. four fifths of the students
9. -- How much does the parcel weigh?
-- Just a minute. I'll weigh it. It weighs ______.
A. one and half a kilogramme B. one and a half kilogramme
C. one kilogramme and half D. one kilogramme and a half
10. -- How soon will you finish typing the letter?
-- In ______.
A. one or two minute B. one minute or two
C. a minute or two D. a or two minutes
11. We'll spend the summer holidays in the mountain ______ miles away.
A. several hundreds B. hundreds of
C. several hundred of D. hundred of
12. -- He must be ______.
-- Yes, he's still strong like a young man.
A. in his sixties B. in his sixty C. over sixties D. sixty-year-old
13. As ______ customer of the supermarket, Mr Li was given a nice present.
A. a thousand B. the thousandth C. the thousands D. thousandth
14. Three students of our class have been chosen the top students of the year. And I am one of
A. three B. the three C. third D. the third
15. -- Have you found the six coins you lost yesterday?
-- I have found ______, but I can't find ______.
A. five, the sixth B. five, six C. fifths, six D. fifth, sixth
16. Next Sunday will be Jane's ______ birthday.
A. thirty-ninth B. thirtieth-ninth C. thirtieth-nine D. thirty-nine
17. We'll have to enter the stadium at ______.
A. the Gate Four B. Gate Four C. Fourth Gate D. Gate Fourth
18. My ______ daughter likes to ask questions about anything she sees.
A. six-years-old B. six years old C. six-year-old D. six-year old
19. -- What's on ______?
-- Sorry, I don't know. Why not look it up in TV Guide?
A. Channel 20 B. 20 Channel C. Channel 20th D. 20th Channel
20. The Yellow River is ______ longest river in China.
A. two B. the two C. the second D. second
21. We have two computer rooms. Still we are going to build ______ one.
A. the third B. a third C. three D. the three
22. Angel knows a lot about China as she has been to China ______.
A. for the fourth time B. four times C. a fourth time D. for four times
23. In the past ______, Shanghai has changed a lot.
A. three years B. third year C. three-year D. third-year
24. A cent is ______ of a dollar.
A. the hundredth B. one hundredth C. a hundred D. the hundred
25. To my surprise, the machine was invented by a high school student of ______.
A. fifteen-year-old B. fifteen C. fifteen-year age D. age of fifteen
26. ______ is not always ______ best.
A. Fist, the B. A first, a C. The first, the D. First, /
27. The store sells ______ dresses a month.
A. several thousand B. several thousands
C. several of thousand D. several thousand of
28. Over ______ pounds have been raised for the poor children there.
A. four million B. four million of
C. four millions D. four millions of
29. What work are you going to give ______?
A. us two B. two us C. the two us D. the us two
30. She received a video camera for her ______ birthday.
A. fourteen B. the fourteenth C. fourteenth D. fourteen's
31. I remember that ______ of the month was a holiday and I didn't go to work.
A. third B. three C. one third D. the third
32. I've asked her twice. Shall I ask her ______?
A. a third time B. three times C. third time D. the third time
33. ______ of the machines on show are new items.
A. Two fifth B. Two fifths C. The two fifth D. Two five
34. Only five students climbed to the top of the hill. I was ______.
A. a fifth B. fifth C. the five D. the fifth
35. The bottle was about ______ full then.
A. three-quarters B. three quarter C. third quarter D. third quarters
36. Christmas Day is on ______ each year.
A. December, 25 B. 25th of December C. the December 25 D. the 25th of December
37. I think ______ is the worst part of the play.
A. act 5th B. 5th act C. act 5 D. the act 5
38. I found ______ were too hard for the students.
A. half of exercises B. the half of exercises
C. the half exercises D. half of the exercises
39. I guess she is by now in ______.
A. her late forties B. her late forty C. her late forty's D. the forties
40. It is ______ I have been here. So I know the city welt.
A. six times B. the sixth time C. sixth time D. a sixth time Ⅱ．汉译英