1. These girls will become ______ when they graduate from the medical college.
A. woman doctors B. women's doctors C. women doctors D. the women doctors
2. Usually ______ are very careful in doing exercises.
A. girl students B. girls students C. girls' students D. girl's students
3. The waitress brought us a few ______.
A. glasses of juices B. glasses of juice C. glass of juices D. glass of juice
4. The news reporter has collected ______ about the private schools in the city.
A. lots of informations B. a lot of information
C. much of information D. many informations
5. This is ______ to students of English.
A. a useful advice B. useful advice
C. one of useful advices D. piece of useful advice
6. They were happy with their ______ in their studies.
A. great progresses B. great progress C. many progresses D. lot of progress
7. Finally Billy got ______ as a waiter in a cafe.
A. a job B. a piece of job C. a work D. a piece of works
8. -- Sorry, my husband is not in. Would you leave a message?
-- All right. Please give me ______.
A. a few papers B. some pieces of papers
C. some paper D. a paper
9. The schoolboys had ______ climbing up to the top of the hill.
A. a good time B. good time C. good times D. the good time
10. He took down ______ while he was listening to the radio.
A. several news B. a number of news
C. a few pieces of news D. some of news
11. Many ______ about movie stars are not true.
A. news story B. news stories C. news' stories D. stories of news
12. The ship "Titanic" went down into the sea and thousands of ______ were lost.
A. lifes B. lives C. life D. the lives
13. -- Many thanks indeed.
-- It's ______.
A. pleasure B. a pleasure C. the pleasure D. great pleasure
14. It's about ______ to the zoo.
A. two hours' ride B. two hour's ride C. two-hours ride D. two-hour-ride
15. -- Do you know whose this umbrella is?
-- It may be ______.
A. Susan B. the Susan C. the Susans D. Susan's
16. I'd like to have one of that ______.
A. writer's books B. writer's book C. writer books D. writers' books
17. Bob dropped ______ of milk on the ground and cut his finger on some broken ______.
A. a glass, glass B. a glass, glasses C. the glass, glasses D. glass, glass
18. We were walking along the street when an ______ came up to us and asked whether we were 1
A. English, Chinese B. Englishman, Chineses
C. Englishman, Chinese D. Englishman, a Chinese
19. ______ telephoned this morning.
A. My father friend B. A friend of my father
C. A friend of my father's D. One of my father's friend
20. These are ______, and those are ______.
A. Japanese, Germen B. Japaneses, Germans
C. Japaneses, Germen D. Japanese, Germans
21. My sister was interested in ______.
A. stories of children B. children stories
C. children's stories D. childrens' stories
22. I wonder how many ______ I should pay for the service.
A. dollars B. money C. cent D. moneys
23. On the farm we saw a lot of ______.
A. cow and sheep B. cows and sheeps
C. cow and sheeps D. cows and sheep
24. About 120 ______ were at the lecture and each ______ was given a new book by the speaker.
A. people, people B. persons, people C. people, person D. person, person
25. We often go to Shanghai Library ______.
A. on Sunday afternoon(s) B. in Sunday afternoon
C. on Sunday's afternoon D. in Sunday afternoons
26. The church across the street has ______.
A. 800 years history B. a history of 800 years
C. 800-year history D. the 800 years' history
27. -- I wish you ______.
-- The same to you.
A. the pleasant journey B. pleasant journey
C. pleasant journeys D. a pleasant journey
28. The store sells ______ of various brands.
A. sport shoes B. sports shoes C. sports shoe D. sport shoe
29. About 200 students entered for ______.
A. the 100-meter race B. a 100-meters race
C. a 100-meter-race D. the 100 meters' race
30. It was freezing cold outside, so we made ______ in the office.
A. fire B. the fire C. some fire D. a fire
31. Are ______ coming to our party tomorrow evening?
A. Smiths B. the Smith's C. Smiths' D. the Smiths
32. The ______ is one of the places visitors like to go to in our city.
A. rose garden B. rose's garden
C. roses garden D. roses' garden
33. Two ______ and a cup of milk are usually my breakfast.
A. slices of bread B. slices of breads C. breads D. slice of bread
34. Homework for today is to write ______ composition about your visit to Shakespeare's 2
A. a five-hundred-word B. a five-hundred-words
C. a five-hundreds-word D. a five-hundred-words'
35. At the New Year's party, I met ______.
A. some Mr Black's students B. Mr Black's some students
C. some students of Mr Black's D. some students of Mr Black
36. I wonder whether teachers in the United States give their students ______.
A. many homeworks B. much homework
C. many of homeworks D. much of homework
37. Farmers in the forest area need a lot of ______ for the winter.
A. wood B. woods C. the wood D. the woods
38. All my students are greatly interested in Black's ______.
A. physics' lessons B. physics lessons C. lessons of physics D. physic's lessons
39. -- Did you have ______ on the ship?
-- Yes, we had a lot of ______.
A. a bad weather, rain B. bad weather, rains
C. bad weather, rain D. the bad weather, the rain
40. -- Would you have a little more ______?
-- No, thanks.
A. fishes B. of fish C. fish D. of fishes
1. C 2. A 3. B 4. B 5. B 6. B 7. A 8. C 9. A 10. C
11. B 12. B 13. B 14. A 15. D 16. A 17. A 18. C 19. C 20. D
21. C 22. A 23. D 24. C 25. A 26. B 27. D 28. B 29. A 30. D
31. D 32. A 33. A 34. A 35. C 36. B 37. A 38. B 39. C 40. C
41. She looked at herself in the mirror and brushed ______.
A. her hair B. the hair C. her hairs D. the hairs
42. -- All my ______ to you. -- It's ______.
A. thank, pleasure B. thank, the pleasure
C. thanks, a pleasure D. thanks, all pleasure
43. A man of sixty should have ______, but Mr Lee doesn't have even one grey hair.
A. grey hair B. grey hairs C. the grey hair D. the grey hairs
44. In the streets there are ______ of different colours and sizes．
A. taxi B. the taxi C. the taxis D. taxis
45. We need plenty of ______ and fresh ______.
A. the sun, airs B. suns, airs C. suns, air D. sun, air
46. Wei Wei showed me ______.
A. some stamps of him B. the stamps of his
C. some his stamps D. some stamps of his
47. He left his motorcycle outside ______ and went in.
A. the doctor B. a doctor C. doctor's D. the doctor's
48. There was just ______ for my daughter and me to sit on the ground.
A. an enough room B. enough room C. the enough room D. enough a room
49. ______ is one of my favourite English restaurants.
A. The Brown B. Brown's C. The Browns D. The Browns'
50. " ______, please," Mr Smith said to the waiter as he sat down.
A. Two coffees B. The two coffees C. Two coffee D. Two cups of coffees
51. There's been ______ over the past few days. All the town streets were covered with ______.
A. heavy snow, snow B. a heavy snow, snow
C. the heavy snow, the snow D. heavy snow, the snow
52. I called at ______ three times yesterday morning, but he wasn't in.
A. my teacher B. my teachers C. my teacher's D. a teacher of mine
53. I like these dishes, but ______ is a little smaller.
A. the tea's cup B. the cup of the tea C. a cup of tea D. the tea cup
54. I'm afraid ______ is too much for a boy of eleven.
A. the weight of a bike B. weight of a bike
C. the weight of bike D. the bike weight
55. ______ are used instead of ______ in most parts of the world.
A. Metres, feet B. Metres, foot C. Metre, foots D. Metre, feets
41. A 42. C 43. B 44. D 45. D 46. D 47. D 48. B 49. D 50. A
51. B 52. C 53. D 54. A 55. A