通常由when，while，as，before，after，as soon as，until∕till，since等词引导。当主句用一般将来时或表示将来含义时，时间状语从句常用一般现在时表将来。
I’ll help you when I come back.
She will call me as soon as she arrives in Salt Lake City.
I was watching TV when Tom came in.
Tom came in while I was watching TV.
As she was dancing, she was singing.
It’s getting colder as winter comes
She was so absorbed in the book that she had read it for three hours before she realized it. 她对这本书如此地感兴趣，以至于在她意识到之前她已经读了三个小时了。
I went to sleep after I finished my homework.
（4）until ∕ till表示主句动作结束的时间。在肯定句中表示“直到??为止”，主句要用延续性动词。
My mother waited until ∕ till I came back..
在否定句中，until ∕ till表示“直到??才”，主句通常用瞬间动词。这时until可用before替换。常构成not...until 结构。
He didn’t leave until I came back.
（5）since，ever since，引导的时间状语从句中，表示主句动作开始的时间，意为“自??以来”。主句常用一般现在时或现在完成时，从句用一般过去时，常用句型为：it has been+时间+since +从句；it is +一段时间+since+从句。
It’s ten years since I worked in this hospital.
We’ve been good friends since he came here.
（6）由by the time引导的时间状语从句要注意时态的变化：在一般情况下，如果从句的谓语动词用一般过去时，主句的谓语动词用过去完成时；如果从句的谓语动词用一般现在时，主句的谓语动词用将来完成时。
By the time you returned, I had finished the book.
By the time you come here tomorrow, I will have completed the work.
（7）由each time，every time和whenever引导的时间状语从句。
Each time she visited Changsha, she would call on me.
Whenever you go, I’ll follow you!
Every time I see you, you grow younger.
地点状语从句一般由连接副词where，wherever等引导，已经形成了固定句型，例如： 句型1：where 从句，（there）+主句。
Where bees are, there is honey.
句型2：anywhere∕wherever从句，主句。anywhere本身是一个副词，但是常可以引导从句，相当于连词，意思相似于wherever。wherever 本身是个连词，表示“在何处，无论何处。” Wherever the sea is, you’ll find seamen.
Wherever she goes, I’ll go with him.
He was absent from the meeting that day because he had a bad cold.
Because yesterday was Sunday, he didn’t go to school.
She was late for school because she missed the bus.=She missed the bus, so she was late for school.
（2）since是指分析后的原因，他人多少有所了解，不是全句叙述的重点，语气较弱。 Since you have read the story, I won’t tell you again.
Since everyone is here, let’s start our meeting.
（3）as表示他人了解的明显原因，不是全句叙述的重点，较口语化，语气较弱。 As I was in a hurry, I left my book at home.
As I knew he was ill, I didn’t call him.
He was absent today, because∕for he was ill.
He must have been ill, because he was absent today.
用以补充说明主句中谓语动词发生的目的的从句叫做目的状语从句。表示目的状语的从句可以由that，so that，so，in order that等词引导。目的状语从句中常含有can，could，may，might，should等情态动词。
Speak louder (so) that everyone can hear you.
He left early so that he could catch the train.
so+形容词 ∕ 副词+that从句
so+形容词+a ∕ an+单数名词+that
such+a ∕ an+形容词+单数名词+that
such+形容词+复数名词 ∕ 不可数名词+that
He is so young that he can’t go to school.
She is such a nice girl that we all like her.=She is so nice s girl that we all like her.
He speaks so fast that I couldn’t follow him.
I have so much time that I can take a walk outside.
（2）当that引导的结果状语从句为肯定句时，so...that…可以与be…enough to do转换；当从句为否定式时，可以与too…to…或be not…enough to do 转换，从而使复合句变为简单句。 Peter is so tall that he can reach the apples in the big tree.=Peter is tall enough to reach the apples in the big tree.
The boy is so young that he can’t look after himself.=The boy is too young to look after himself. 那个男孩太小不能照顾他自己。
I won’t go unless I’m invited.
If you study hard, you’ll make progress.
If you work harder, you’ll pass the test.= Work harder and you’ll pass the test.
If you don’t hurry up, you’ll miss the train. = Hurry up, or you’ll miss the train.
在句子中作让步状语的从句叫做让步状语从句。让步状语从句可置于句首，也可置于句末。引导让步状语从句的连词主要有：though，although，as，even if，even though，whether…or，no matter+疑问句，-ever疑问词。
Although ∕Though his father was worn out, he kept on working.
Although∕Though my mother is old, she is quite strong.
Though the old man was poor, he was happy=The old man was poor, but he was happy. 尽管那位老人很贫穷，但他很快乐。
Hard as ∕though he works, he makes little progress.
Child as he is, he knows what is the right thing to do.=Though he is a child, he knows the right thing to do.
（3）even if，even though表示“即使”“纵使”之意。
这两个复合连词的意思基本相同，它们常可互换使用，但意义有细微差别。even if引导的让步状语从句含有强烈的假定性，而even though引导的让步状语从句是以从句的内容为先决条件的，也就是说，说话人肯定了从句的事实。
We’ll make a trip even if ∕though it is bad.
Even if he is poor, she loves him.=He may be poor, yet she loves him.
Even though he is poor, she loves him.=He is poor, yet she loves him.
You’ll have to attend the meeting whether you’re free or busy.
Whether you believe it or not, it’s true.
Whatever happens, we’ll go through it.=No matter what happens, we’ll go through it.
Whoever you are, you have to obey the law.=No matter who you are, you have to obey the law. 不管你是谁，你都要遵纪守法。
Whatever (no matter what)you say, I won’t believe you.
Whatever you want me to do, I’ll do it.
Whoever comes will be welcome.
Jack is as smart as Tom.
She is not so(as)outgoing as her sister.
This book is more instructive than that one.
This book is the most interesting of the three.
This is the busiest street in our city.
1）no more than 只有（嫌少的意思）
I have no more than two books.
It’s no more than a mile to the town.
2）not more than 不如（前者不如后者）
Jack is not more diligent than John.
3）one of the+形容词最高级+名词复数，意为“最??之一”
Wan Fang is one of the best students in our school.
（1）方式状语从句通常由as，(just)as…so，as if，as though引导。
Always do to others as you would be done by.
As water is to fish, so air is to man.
（2）as if，as though
He looks as if (as though)he had been hit by lightning.
It looks as if it may pick up very soon.
Bessic Coleman was born in the USA.Her family was poor. She was in college for only one year. She had to leave because she did not have enough money to finish her studies.But during that year, she learned about (fly). She read about the first flight of the Wright Brothers and the first American woman pilot, Harriet . Bessie often (think) about what it would feel like to fly like a bird.
At the age of 23, Bessic Coleman went to Chicago.There, she did some ordinary（普通的）jobs. But she wanted to do something more important. She decided to learn how to fly planes. She soon found it was almost impossible to get into a flight school.Which flight school would admit（接受）a black woman?
Bessic learned that she would have a better chance in Europe.So she to study French at a language school in Chicago.
After World War I, Bessie Coleman went to France. She (go) to the famous flight school in northern France. She learned to fly in a plane there. She finished seven months of flight training and in 1921 got her international permit（许可证）to fly in (French). She became the first black woman ever to have an international pilot’s license（执照）. Passage 2
Soon it would be the holidays, but before that, there (be) final exams. All the kids had been working hard for some time, reviewing their lessons. If they didn’t pass the exams, they would have to take them in September. There were usually a few who failed, but Jane didn’t want to be one of (they). She had worked hard all year, but she was working so hard that her mother worried about her. She went to bed too late. The night before the big day, her mother insisted that she should have an early night and take a sleeping pill. She promised to wake her up in the morning.
Jane was too nervous to fall asleep. Her mind kept (jump) from subject to subject. At last, the pill did work. In no time at all, she was sitting in the examination hall, looking at the paper, but she could’t answer any of the questions. Everyone around her was writing pages and pages. Though she (think) hard, she couldn’t find anything to write about. From time to time she looked at her watch.
Time was running out. There was only an hour to go. She started one question, wrote two sentences, gave up and tried another. With only half an hour left, she (write) another two sentences. By this time she was so worried that she started crying. Her whole body shook. It shook so much that she woke up. She was still in bed and it had all been a terrible dream.
A minute later, her mother called her name.
before; after; while; since; until; before; not until…that; no sooner…than; whenever; as long as; by the time; if; wherever; if; the moment
the sun shown itself above the he got out of bed to commence work.
s about to tell a lie.
there is a breath in my body!
so…that; as; in order that; because; such…that; although; whether; as /though; as if; whatever; so; so…that; since;
17. I didn’t go, I was afraid.
20. It’sall of us want to go to the park.
21. I’ve hadI’m black and blue all over.
we all believe him.
you believe it or not, it is true.
you say is of no use now.
28. Just as we sweep our rooms,
the weather may pick up very soon.
little Alice was ill, especially as father was away.
since; as soon as; hardly…when; every time; before; until; after; when; before; when; by the time; while; if;
32. we had finished the work, we went home.
the police arrived.
36. I reach Canada, I will ring you up.
our boss was in Beijing.
38. 39. you come here tomorrow, I will have finished this work..
I see you.
42. she was wondering where to go , she met a policeman.
he goes there too.
45. you are in poor health, you should not stay up late.
as if; so that; as if ; so…that; even though; so…that; as; so…that; no matter what; as; whatever; so…that; before ;
since; as if
46. the weather is so bad, we have to delay our journey.
47. I’ll run slowly
48. The scientist’s report waswe were all very excited.
I can’t give you any.
52. I didn’t understand a word, I kept smiling.
he will, he never seems able to do the work satisfactorily.
54. happened, he would not mind.
you would be done by.
they come back.
till; directly; until; no sooner…than; since; before; each time; when; for; since; as long as; unless; because; if;
they were divorced.
62. I didn’63. I didn’he came back..
I last saw you?
I have finished my breakfast.
he felt a soft touch on his shoulder.
we met last time.
69. he came to Harbin, he would call on me.
the alien took off ?
72. it doesn’t rain tomorrow, we will go hiking.
you leave immediately.
74. I didn’t go to school yesterdayI was ill.
75. I asked her to stay to tea,
though; so…that; although; such…that; as if; so; whatever; as; for; now; so…that; as if; even though; so that;
fresh air might come in.
I’d like to take a walk.
80. he is rich, yet he is not happy.
81. He is quite experienced, he is young, .
82. We’ll make a trip83. happened, he would stay with her.
85. you can see, I have tried my best.
to say something.
88. He is absent today, he is ill.
t pass such an easy exam.
90. you were free, why not go swimming with us？
1. Please don’t forget to turn off the light and close the windows when you leave the clasroom.
2. I have lived in London since I left Shanghai two years ago.
3. It began to rain as soon as Jane got home yesterday.
4. The baby didn’t stop crying until he saw his mother.
5. “May I go and play with Dick this afternoon, Mum?” “No, you can’t go out as your work is being done.”
6. “I’m going to the post office.” “While you’re there, can you get me some stamps?”
7. While you are at home alone, please don’t leave the door open.
8. While you are alone with her, tell her that you like her.
9. After the war, a new school building was put up where there had once been a theatre.
10. The famous scientist grew up where he was born and in 1930 he came to Shanghai.
11. She found her calculator where she lost it.
12. You should make it a rule to leave things where you can find them again.
13. When you read the book, you'd better make a mark where you have any questions.
14. You should let your children play where you can see them.
15. Now he works in the factory where his father used to work.
16. They kept trying when they must have known it was hopeless.
17. He walks when he might take a taxi.
18. He stopped trying when he might have succeeded next time.
19. The boy was restless when he should have listened to the teacher carefully.
20. Why do you want a new job when you’ve got such a good one already?
21. He was about to tell me the secret when someone patted him on the shoulder.
22. I was about to go out when the telephone rang.
23. We were swimming in the lake when the storm started.
24. She was walking down the road when she heard someone shouting for help.
25. The fire went on for quite some time before it was brought under control.
26. He made a mistake, but then he corrected the situation before it got worse.
27. Someone called me up in the middle of the night, but he hung up before I could answer the phone.
28. She is getting better by degrees, but it will be some time before she is completely well.
29. They sat down opposite each other, but it was some moments before they spoke.
30. Mother asked me to take more money in case something unexpected should happen.
31. In case I forget, please remind me about it.
32. Take your umbrella just in case it rains.
33. Be quiet in case you should wake the baby.
34. Take a hat with you in case the sun is very hot.
35. I’ll keep his address in case I need it.
36. If you check your composition carefully, some spelling mistakes can be avoided.
37. If you had been more careful, the work might have been done better.
38. If you watch your diet, it is easy to reduce.
39. If you have a pair of compasses, it is easy to describe a circle.
40. When you have paid for something, a receipt is given to you.
41. When you see the sun rising slowly in the east, the scene is a perfect dream.
42. “Shall Mary come and play computer games?” “No, unless she has finished her homework..”
43. “Would you mind my sitting here with you?” “No, unless you aren't too noisy.”
44. “Will he agree to come to join us in the work?” “No, unless we promise him more money.”
45. “Can you finish the work in time?” “No, unless we don't sleep throughout the night.”
46. He left the moment you turned back to write on the blackboard.
47. “Did you remember to give Mary the money you owed her?” “Yes, I gave it to her the moment I saw her.”
48. The doorkeeper gave the alarm the instant he saw the smoke.
49. I raised the alarm the minute I saw the smoke.
50. The first time he took part in the competition, he won a second prize.
51. I would appreciate it if you call back this afternoon for the doctor’s appointment.
52. I had just started back for the house to change my clothes when I heard the sounds.
53. The engineer went on with the work where he had left it before the holiday.
54. The company has a free long-distance telephone number so that customers may call with any questions they have about its products.
55. Is Mr. Smith in the office? Yes, since he is in charge of the office, he must be there.
56. Don’t look down upon Bob. He has his own advantages.Oh, yes. Where others are weak, he is strong.
57. The day must be breaking, for the birds have begun singing.
58. John may come tonight. I don’t want to go out in case he comes.
59. Whatever others say, the expert is sure that his theory is correct
60. Many places are flooded by heavy rainfalls, so they can’t walk wherever they like these days.
61. His father began to work as early as his childhood.
62. The roof fell before he had time to dash into the room to save his baby.
63. The thread of my kite broke and it flew away. I had told you it would easily break where it was the weakest
64. The crowd started cheering as he rose to speak.
65. I had worked here long before you came here. But I shall leave for England before long.
66. Scientists say it may be five or ten years before it is possible to test this medicine on human patients.
67. While the Internet is bringing the distance between people, it may also be breaking some homes or will cause other family problems.
68. Though he is in his sixties, yet he works as hard as a young man
69. The two girls look so much alike that no one can tell them apart.
70. John shut everybody out of the kitchen so that he could prepare his grand surprise for the party.
71. Beijing is larger than any city in Africa
72. We must hurry up in order to catch the last train.
73. No matter how hard it may be, I will carry it out.
74. Whatever you may do, you must do it well.
75. Are you thinking about going to New York for the holiday? No. But if I had the time, I would
76. Since you are so weak，you’d better stay at home.
77. English and French are taught here. You can choose whichever you like.
78. I saw Mr. Smith last Sunday. We had not seen each other since I left London.
79. I’ll be back before you leave.
80. The problem won’t be settled until we have had a chance to discuss it thoroughly.
81. If you have done this experiment, you will understand the theory better.
82. They went on working even if it was late at night.
83. I hurried so that I wouldn’t be late for the lecture.
84. Every time you talk to someone or write a message, you show your skills to others.
85. Although he is considered a great writer, his works are not widely read.
86. We should finish the important job, however long it takes.
87. Whoever comes to the party will receive a gift.
88. She is willing to help you, however busy she is.
89. Wherever he is, he will be thinking of you.
90. He got excited at the news, while I was calm.
91. Hardly had he arrived in Hongkong when she rang me up.
92. The moment they heard the shout for help，they rushed out.
93. Try as he may, he never seems able to do the work beautifully.
94. If he had told me, I would have gone with him.
95. Alice is moving to her new apartment next Saturday. I would be glad to help her, should she need some help.
96. We will never give in whatever they might do or say about our plan.
97. I wonder if I will have time. If I have time, I’ll go with you.
98. By the time you come back，the supper will be ready.
99. As long as there is life in my body, I will keep learning.
100. I really wonder why he has posted me many packages since we worked together.
101. I didn’t realize how special my mother was until I became an adult.
102. While John was watching TV, his wife was cooking.
103. The children ran away from the orchard(果园), the moment they saw the guard.
104. No sooner had I arrived home than it began to rain.
105. Every time I listen to your advice, I get into trouble.
106. Generally, air will be heavily polluted where there are factories.
107. Wherever you go, you should work hard.
108. Where there is no rain, farming is difficult or impossible.
109. They were good persons. Where they went, there they were warmly welcomed.
110. You should have put the book where you found it.
111. Where there is a will, there is a way.
112. Wherever the sea is , you will find seamen.
113. My friends like me because I’m handsome and successful.
114. Now that everybody has come, let’s begin our conference.
115. The higher income tax is harmful in that it may discourage people from trying to earn more. 116. The boss asked the secretary to hurry up with the letters so that he could sign them.
117. The teacher raised his voice on purpose that the students in the back could hear more clearly. 118. He got up so early that he was able to book the first ticket for the concert.
119. It’s such a good chance that we must not miss it.
120. To such a degree was he excited that he couldn’t sleep last night.
121. We’ll start our project if the president agrees.
122. You will certainly succeed so long as you keep on trying.
123. Provided that there is no opposition, we shall hold the meeting here.
124. Much as I respect him, I can’t agree to his proposal.
125. The old man always enjoys swimming even though the weather is rough.
126. No matter how hard he tried, he could not change her mind.
127. He won’t listen whatever you may say.
128. She is as bad-tempered as her mother.
129. The house is three times as big as ours.
130. The more you exercise, the healthier you will be.
131. Food to men is what oil is to machine.
132. When in Rome, do as the Romans do.
133. She behaved as if she were the boss.
134. Sometimes we teach our children the way our parents have taught us.
135. When ( the museum is ) completed , the museum will be open to the public next year .
136. He’ll go to the seaside for his holiday if (it is ) possible.
137. I’m taller than he (is tall ).
138. The higher the temperature (is), the greater the pressure (is ).
139. If (it is) possible, he will help you out of the difficulty.
140. You must attend the meeting unless (it is) inconvenient to you.
141. As (he was) young, he learned how to ride a bike.
142. Whenever (she is) free, she often goes shopping.
143. Work hard when (you are) young, or you’ll regret.
144. While (he was) a young boy, he was always ready to help others.
145. Although (he was) a farmer, now he is a famous director.
146. As (she was) walking along the river bank, she was singing a pop song.
147. Although (he is) doing his best in maths these days, he has still got no good marks.
148. He won’t go there with us unless (he is) invited.
149. The concert was a greater success than (it was) expected.
150. He stood up as if (he were) to say something.
151. He wouldn’t solve the problem even if (he were) to take charge.
152. She looked anxious as though (she was) in trouble.
153. He had mastered the English language before (he was) in the USA.
154. When the meeting was over, all the people went out of the meeting-room.
155. Mozart started writing music when he was four years old.
156. He visited a lot of places while he was traveling.
157. We always sing as we walk.
158. He left the classroom after he had finished his homework .
159. Mr. Brown had worked in a bank for a year before he came here.
160. We began to work as soon as we got there.
161. I will call you as soon as I get home.
162. Mr Green has taught in that school since he came to China three years ago.
163. They walked till /until it was dark..
164. Xiao Liang didn’t leave home till / until his father came back.
165. By the time he gets there , his father has already gone.
166. By the time I got to school, the class had already began.
167. When you think you know nothing, then you begin to know something.
168. When truth is buried under the ground it grows, it chokes, it gathers such an explosive force that on the day it bursts out , it blows up everything with it.
169. Strike while the iron is hot.
170. Will you watch my clothes while I have a swim.
171. You can feel the air moving as your hand pushes through it.
172. Our headmaster laughed as she spoke.
173. When she came in, I stopped eating.
174. When I lived in the countryside, I used to carry some water for him.
175. We were about to leave when he came in.
176. While my wife was reading the newspaper, I was watching TV.
177. I like playing football while you like playing basketball.
178. As we were going out, it began to snow.
179. It was raining hard when (as) I got there.
180. When I had read the article, he called me.
181. When I got to the cinema, the film had begun.
182. She thought I was talking about her daughter, while, in fact, I was talking about my daughter. 183. While the foreigner was buying a souvenir, the girl called the police.
184. Mother was worried because little Alice was ill, especially as (when/ while) Father was away. 185. The moment I heard the news, I hastened to the spot.
186. No sooner had the sun shown itself above the horizon than he got out of bed to commence work..
187. Please pronounce the word the way I did.
188. I had cut the meat into pieces before Mother started cooking.
189. You cannot judge a man till you know his whole story.
190. While the word is in your mouth, it is your own; when it is once spoken, it is another’s.
191. Where wine is in, truth is out.
192. When children stand quiet, they have done some ill.
193. We shall never have friends if we expect to find them without fault.
194. The moon is not seen when the sun shines.
195. The more we do, the more we can do; the e busier we are, the more leisure we have.
196. The greater a man is, the less he is disposed（准备）to show his greatness.
197. We only live once, but if we work it right, once is enough.
198. Books wind into the heart; the poet’s verse(佳句) slides(滑动) in the current of our blood. We read them when young, we remember them when old.
199. The instruments in the flight desk are arranged so that the most important are closest to the pilot.
200. To transport eels by air transport proved to be a more desirable（理想的）method as the death rate of the eels declined（下降）to 5% or less in spite of the fact that the eels were transshipped at Hong Kong where the temperature is usually around 32℃.
Bessic Coleman was born in the USA.Her family was poor. She was in college for only one year. She had to leave because she did not have enough money to finish her studies.But during that year,she learned about flying.She read about the first flight of the Wright Brothers and the first American woman pilot,Harriet .Bessie often thought about what it would feel like to fly like a bird.
At the age of 23,Bessic Coleman went to Chicago.There,she did some ordinary（普通的）jobs.But she wanted to do something more important.She decided to learn how to fly planes.She soon found it was almost impossible to get into a flight school.Which flight school would admit（接受）a black woman?
Bessic learned that she would have a better chance in Europe.So she began to study French at a language school in Chicago.
After World War I.Bessie Coleman went to France.She went to the famous flight school in northern France.She learned to fly in a plane there.She finished seven months of flight training and in 1921 got her international permit（许可证）to fly in France.She became the first black woman ever to have an international pilot’s license（执照）.
Soon it would be the holidays, but before that, there were final exams . All the kids had been working hard for some time, reviewing their lessons. If they didn’t pass the exams, they would have to take them in September. There were usually a few who failed, but Jane didn’t want to be one of them. She had worked hard all year, but she was working so hard that her mother worried about her. She went to bed too late. The night before the big day, her mother insisted that she should have an early night and take a sleeping pill. She promised to wake her up in the morning.
Jane was too nervous to fall asleep. Her mind kept jumping from subject to subject. At last, the pill did work. In no time at all, she was sitting in the examination hall, looking at the paper, but she couldn't answer any of the questions. Everyone around her was writing pages and pages. Though she thought hard, she couldn’t find anything to write about. From time to time she looked at her watch.
Time was running out. There was only an hour to go. She started one question, wrote two sentences, gave up and tried another. With only half an hour left she wrote another two sentences. By this time she was so worried that she started crying. Her whole body shook. It shook so much that she woke up. She was still in bed and it had all been a terrible dream. A minute later, her mother called her name.