《Unit 8 I’ll help clean up the city parks》周周清
1. give out ___________ 2. establish ____________ 3. come up with _________
4. make me happier___________ 5.repair it___________ 6.be similar to _________
1. Let’s c________________ up sick kids.
2. We could help c________________ a basketball team for students. 3. Lucy and Lily are twins, so they are s_______________ in many ways.
4. She spent ________(主要的)part of holidays ______________(主修) in Chinese.
5. Many businessmen make a_________________ on TV to sell things.
6. --- Thanks a lot. ---It’s my p______________.
7. “Lucky” is a s_______________ trained dog.
8. She is b_______ and d________, she can’t see and hear, but she likes writing.
9. She even handed out _______________________(广告)at a local supermarket.
10. I can’t i___________ what he looks like, because I haven’t seen him for years.
1.What should we do to help stop _____________ (hungry) ?
2. Let’s try our best to help______________ (home) children.
3. The man is blind. The woman is deaf. They are ______________(disable) people.
4. He is busy with the ___________________ (organize) of the English club.
5. Mother _______________ (fill) the cup with hot water last night.
6. I feel very _______________(luck) to have a kind friend like you.
7. I came here ________________(special ) to see you.
8. We can’t put off _______________(have) the meeting.
9. Not only he but also I____________(be) good at playing basketball.
10. I will have my computer _________________(repair) this Sunday.
11. They all volunteer their time_______________(help) other people.
12. The dog is a friend of _________(I), she likes ___________(shut) doors for me.
13. He is unable ___________________( repair) TV.
16. Thank you for________________(invite) me to your home.
17. In 1600, about half of the USA _____________(cover) by forest. Today the forests have almost gone. A lot of good land has gone with them, leaving only sand. China doesn’t want___________(copy) the USA’s example. We __________(plant) more and more trees. We have built the Great Green Wall across the north of the country. It is 7,000 kilometers long and between 400 and 1,700 kilometers wide. It __________(stop) the wind from blowing the earth(泥土) away. It will also stop the land from moving towards the rich farmland in the south. It ____________(save) a lot of land already . But now more Great Green walls ___________(need). A lot 1
of people have known how important they are. We __________(build) Great Green walls all over the world. They will make the world better.
1. I’d like to clean up the city parks.（对划线部分提问）
__________ __________you __________ _______ ________?
2. It took me two hours to fix up the bike.（改为同义句）
I _________ two hours____________ _______ the bike.
3. I’m not sure. When should I arrive there?（合并为一句）
I’m not sure __________ ________ __________there.
4. I’ll send you a photo of him if you like. (同义句)
I’ll _______ a photo of him _______ ________ if you like
Grammar: ( ) 1. He has run out of all of the money.
A. used to B. used up C. made D. made up ( ) 2. The twins take after their mother.
A. are similar to B. is similar to C. look after D. take care of ( ) 3. Jimmy has fixed up all the old bikes and wants to give them away.
A. borrowed B. bought C. repaired D. made ( ) 4. They want to start a student volunteer project at their school .
A. set out B. set off C. set on D. set up ( ) 5. He thought up many good ideas to solve the problems.
A. put up B. set up C. came to D. came up with
(. ) 6. Her singing lessons _______ her five hours a week.
A. take B. spend C. cost D. pay
( ) 7. Liu Xiang’s success _______ all the Chinese people.
A. cheers up B. wakes up C. calls up D. thinks up
( ) 8. Not only the boy but also his parents ______ the film before..
A. has seen B. have seen C. was seeing D. were seeing
( ) 9. --The way you speak ____ my teacher. --Don’t you know I’m her daughter?
A. looks after B. looks the same C. takes after D. looks up
( )10. Here are the test papers. The teacher will _______ to the students.
A. give it out B. hand them out C. give up it D. hand out them
( )11. -- I find that I have been unlucky these days .
--_______ Everything will become better soon.
A. Keep silent! B. Why not cry? C. Cheer up! D. How about you?
( ) 12. --What does the girl look like? --She _______ her mother.
A. looks after B. comes up with C. takes after D. takes care of
( )13. We can’t put off _______a plan. Clean-up Day is only two weeks from now.
A. make B. makes C. making D. made