不定代词有both, either, neither, one, the other, another, little, few, some, any, each, every, no, none等，从实际应用和理 解出发，重点学习以下几个： (一) both, either, neither (二) one, the other , another (三) little, a little, few, a few (四) some / any, no / none, each / every, many / much
两者都 两者中的任何 一个
两者都不 三者或三者以 上都 三者或三者以 上都不 每一个
单数 单数或复 数
单数 单数或复 数 单数或复 数 单数
both, either, neither both 为“两者都”， neither 为“两者都不”， either 为“两者之一”。这 三个单词都用于指两个人或物，在句中可作主语、宾语和定语。 作主语： 1) Both (of them) enjoyed the rice. 他们两人喜欢吃米饭。 2) Neither (of us) is a doctor. 我们俩都不是医生。 3) Either (of you) will go. 随你们哪个去都可以。 注意：作主语时，both后面的谓语动词用复数。neither, either后 面的谓语动词一般用单数形式。 作定语： 1) Both Zhang Hua's father and mother worker work in a hospital, but neither one is a doctor. 张华的父母亲在一所医院工作，但都不 是医生。 2) You may take either apple. 两个苹果任你拿一个。
1) I like both of the toys very much. 我非常喜欢这两件玩具。 2) The boy could find neither of them and went away. 这男孩找不到
3) You may plant either in the street. 你可以种在街道的任一边。 both 还可作同位语，它们句中的位置是在动词be，助动词或情态动 词的后面，但在实义动词前面。 1) They are both in good health. 他们两人身体都很好。
2) They will both go there. 他们两人都收到那儿去。
3) They both agreed to take part in the birthday party. 他们两人都 答应参加生日晚会。
此外，either 可作副词用于否定句，表示 “也”，相当于肯定句 中的 “too”。 This is not mine. That is not, either. 这不是我的，那也不是。 neither 表示“也不”的时候，常用在倒装的结构形式中： I don't like to play football. Neither does he. 我不喜欢踢足球，他 也不喜欢。 She hasn't got a bike. Neither have I. 他没自行车，我也没有。 注意，both 和 and, either 和 or, neither 和 nor 可构成连词。表 示“和……两个都”，连接主语时谓语动词是复数；“不是……就是”； “或……或”，“既不……也不”；“……都不” 连接两个并列主语时谓语 动词的数一般应与靠近谓语动词的主语保持一致，如： 1) Both Zhang and Wang are good students. 张、王都是好学生。 2) Either you or he is right. 不是
你就是他对的。 3) Neither he nor i am a scientist. 他和我都不是科学家。
one, another, the other 1. one 常用来作代词，替代前文所出现的可数名词，表示人或物， 以避免重复。例如： I haven't got a ball pen. I'll have to buy one. (= a ball pen) 我没圆珠 笔，我得去买一支。 He is one to think more of others. 他是个能多为别人着想的人。 2. the other, another 都可解释为 “另一个”。other 加上定冠词用于两 者中的另一个，another 指三者以上中的另一个。例如： He was two brothers. One is a doctor, the other is a teacher. We've received two parcels, one from my uncle, the other from my aunt. I don't like this one, show me another, please. I've just bought three things. One is a walkman, another is a pocket calculator, the third is a video game.
3. another 还有 “再……” 的意思，例如： Have another cup of coffee, please. 再喝一杯咖啡吧！ She could have to stay here for another week. 他将在这里再待一个 星期。 4. other 有 “另外” 的含义。例如： Where are the other students? 其他学生在哪里？ The boy is much cleverer than the other two. 这孩子比另两个更聪 明。 5. others 和 the others 表示复数的泛指和特指。例如： In the park some are playing games. Others are walking near the river. I have five colour pencils. One is red, another is blue and the others are green. 6. the rest 也可作 “其余的” 解释。它用作主语时注意谓语动词的单 复数。例如： The rest of his life was spent in America. 他的余生是在美国度过的。 He has eight books. Two are in English. The rest are in Chinese. 他 有几本书，两本是英文，其余的是中文。
little, a little, few, a few
1. little 与 a little 两者都用来修饰不可数名词，little 作 “很少”，“几 乎没有” 解，有否定的意思，a little 作 “少许”、“有一点” 解，有肯定 的意思，例如： In this way they can make the trip with just a little money. 用这种 方法他们只花很少的钱就能旅行。 There is little left, is there? 没剩多少了，是吗？ 2. few, a few 用来修饰可数名词，前者表示否定，后者表示肯定。 A few of us speak English well. 我们中有几个人英语讲得很好。 There were few eggs is the fridge, so he went to the supermarket and bought some. 冰箱里几乎没鸡蛋了，所以他去超市买了一些。 3. few 作主语时，谓语动词仍用复数，例如： Few men know this, do they? 4. 常用词组有 quite a few (好几个)，only a few (只有一个)，a very few (极少数)。例如： He studied Chinese for quite a few years. 他学汉语已有好几年了。
some, any, no, none, each, every, many, much
（1）some 和 any: some (一些，某个) 句中可作主语、宾语、定语等，常用于肯定句。 作定语时，它可修饰可数名词和不可数名词，可数
名词是单数时， some 表示 “某个” 的意思。例如： There are some newspapers on the table. I am going to buy some orange juice. Have you any questions? Yes, I have some. I have read that in some magazine. 当说活者表示提议、请求或期望得到肯定回答时，在疑问句中 也可用 some。例如： Would you like some tea? Could you lend me some money? any “一些” 用法相同于 some, 但多用于疑问句、否定句或条件从句。 例如： Is there any ink in your pen? Put up your hands if you have any questions.
1. any 用于肯定句中有 “任何一个” 解。常用于比较级句子中。 Tom runs faster than any other boy in his class. Tom runs faster than any of the other boys in his class. 2. some, any, every, no 可以与 body, thing, one 构成合成代词，这些 代词都作单数看待，表示人或物： Something is wrong with my bike. Something is asking to see you. Nobody is absent. If you want anything, call me.
（2）no 和 none: none (没有一个，全不，都不) 是名词性的不定代词，可作主语和宾 语，常和 of 短语连用，不可作定语。none 作主语代替不可数名词 时，谓语用单数形式。代替可数名词时，谓语用单、复数均可。例 如： None of us is / are from Beijing. None of the money is mine. none 与 all 相对，有 “全不” “全部” 的含义，因此 all 是全肯定， none 是 all 的全部否定，但都指三者以上的人或物。 We all made mistakes. None of us was correct. no 是形容词性的不定代词，只能用作定语，可修饰可数和不可数名 词。no 等于 not a 或 not any 加上名词。例如： I have no money. I have not any money. no one 相当于 nobody，意为没有人，谓语用单数。
（3）each 和 every ： each (每个，各自的) 强调个体，可作主语、宾语、定语、同位语。 every (每个，一切的) 相当于all，强调整体，只能作定语。 Each boy has a dictionary. 每个孩子都有一本词典。 Every boy has a dictionary. 所有的孩子都有一本词典。 注意： every 构成的常用词组 every other day 每隔一天 / every other five days 每隔五天 every other line 每隔一行 / every five days 每五天 （4）many 和 much ： many 修饰可数名词的复数，谓语用复数，much 修饰不可数名词， 谓语用单数，它们可用在肯定句、否定句和疑问句中，还可在肯定 句中作主语或修饰主语。例如： So much for today. There are many buses and cars in the street. many 已被 a lot of, a large number of, a great many 所代替。 much 已被 a lot of, plenty of, a good deal of, a great (large) quantity of 所代替。 但 a lot of / lots of 只能用于肯定句。
1. ______ of them knew about the plan because it was kept a secret.
A. Each B. Any C. No one D. None 2.We couldn’t eat in a restaurant because ______ of us had ______ money on us. A. all ; no B. any ;
no C. none ; any D. no one ; any 3.There is a tree on _______ side of the street. A. every B. all C. either D. both 4.There is a desk on _______ side of the room. A. both B. either C. all D. every 5. — Which side can I sit on the boat? — If you sit still, you can sit on _______. A. every side B. all sides C. both sides D. either side 6.It is said that _______ of his parents have gone to Beijing. A. all B. every C. both D. either
7.Some students are absent-minded, _______ of them heard what the teacher said. A. all B. none C. every D. not all 8. — Is _______ here? — No, Bob and Tim have asked for leave. A. anybody B. somebody C. everybody D. nobody 9.They were all very tired, but ______ of them would stop to take a rest. A. any B. some C. none D. neither 10. — Can you come on Monday or Tuesday? — I’m afraid _______ day is possible. A. either B. neither C. some D. any 11. If you want to change for a double room you’ll have to pay _____ ﹩5. A. another B. other C. more D. each
12. — Which of the two books do you want? — I want _____. Please show me ______. A. none ; another B. all ; the other C. neither ; the other D. neither ; another 13._____ side of the street is lined with different shops, ____ of which sell electronic products. A. Both ; both B. Either ; all C. Neither ; either D. Either ; both 14. — Do you need anything else? — Yes, we still need ______ aircrafts. A. more two B. two more C. other two pieces of D. two other pieces of 15.I had no idea which was better, so I took _____ of them. A. any B. every C. none D. both 16. — The examination was easy, wasn’t it? — Yes, but I don’t think ______ could pass it. A. somebody B. anybody C. nobody D. everybody
17.Is there anyone who can do the job? . A. None B. No one C. Not one D. Not many ones 18.I wanted some water, but there was in the bottle. A. none B. no C. any D. nothing 19.Tom and Mary have arrived, but students in your class aren't here yet. A. other B. others C. the other D. the others 20.Do September and April have thirty days ? A. every B. neither C. each D. all 26. of us is active in English class. A. Every B. Every one C. Everyone D. Anybody 21.We have English classes day, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. A. each other B. every other C. this and other D. all other 22.Tom had a bad cold. is why he didn't come to school. A. It B. That C. This D. There 23.They invited the three of ,Tom, Bob, and . A. us , me B. we , I C. us , I D. we , we
24. ---I feel a bit hungry. ---Why don’t you have ____ B bread?
25.---How often are the Olympic Games held? ---______ A four years. A. Every B. Each C. In D. For 26.There are many trees on ____ D side of the street. A. all B. every C. neither D. each
27. Liu Xiang and Yao Ming are world-
famous sports stars.____ C of them have set a good example to us. A. All B. Neither C. Both D. None 28.---Can you come and give us a talk on Thursday or Friday? B day is possible. ---I
’m afraid ____ A. either B. neither C. every D. any
29.---May I use your pen? ---Yes, here are two and you can use D of them. _____ A. both B. every C. any D. either 30. Which do you prefer, a bottle of orange or a bottle of milk ? B thanks. I’d just like a cup of tea. ___, A. Either B. Neither C. Both D. None
31. They were all tired, but _____ D of them stopped to have a rest. A. both B. all C. neither D. none 32. I have two watches, butC __ of them works well. A. both B. all C. neither D. none 33. ---When shall we meet again, this Sunday or next Sunday ? --- _____ A time is OK. A. Either B. Any C. Another D. One
C 34. Kate is a nice girl. She says _____ but do much. A. few B. a few C. little D. a little
35. Few of them hurt themselves in the accident last night,________? D A. don’t they B. do they C. didn’t they D. did they 36. My uncle is so busy that he has ___ C time to have a good rest. A. few B. a few C. little D. a little 37. ____ A of them can arrive in time, can they ? A. Few B. A few C. Little D. A little
38. I have finished this book, can you A lend me ______? A. two more books B. two another books C. more two books D. two books another 39.I have two brothers. One is a doctor. B _______ is a teacher. A. other B. the other C. others D. another
40. --Have you finished your homework? --- Not yet. I think it will take ____ C ten minutes. A. other B. others C. another D. more