1. ①. This is one of the most interesting films that ____ shown last week.
②. This is the only (very) one of the most interesting films that_____ shown last week.
2. ①. He has two sons, both of _____ are college students.
②. He has two sons, and both of _____ are college students.
3. ①. I will never forget the days _____we spent together.
②. Days are gone _____ we used the foreign gas.
4. ①. It was eleven o’clock _____ they went out of the cinema.
②. It was at eleven o’clock ____ they went out of the cinema.
③. It will be 3 weeks _____he finishes the report.
④. It has been/is 3 weeks _____ he finished the report.
5. ①. _____ leaves the room last ought to turn off the lights.
②. Anyone _____ ______(leave) the room last ought to turn off the lights.
③. Those ____ ____(leave) the room last ought to turn off the lights.
6. ①. Is this the factory ______you visited last year?
②. Is this factory the one ______ you visited last year?
③. Is this the factory______ you worked last year?
7. His parents wouldn’t let him marry anyone _____family/the family of whom was poor.
8. He made another wonderful discovery, _____ I think is of great importance to science.
9. I don’t like the way ________you speak to your mother.
The way _______ you told me was practical.
10. Life is like a long race _______ we compete with others to go beyond ourselves.
11. Gun control is a subject _____(介) ____ which Americans have argued for a long time.
12. I have reached a point in my life ______ I am supposed to make a decision of my own.
13. Occasions are pretty rare _____ I can spare a whole day to stay with my baby.
14. We went through a period ________ communications were very difficult in the rural areas.
15. ①. He showed us such a stone ____nobody could lift. ②. This is such a heavy stone _____ nobody
can lift it.
16. ①. ______ is known to us, the earth goes around the sun. 众所周知，地球绕着太阳转。
②. It is known to us _____ the earth goes around the sun.
③. _______ the earth goes around the sun is known to us.
④. ______ is known to us is _____ the earth goes around the sun.
17. I refuse to accept the blame for something ____ was someone’s fault.
18. The man pulled out a gold watch, the hands of _____ were made of small diamonds.
19. Human facial expressions differ from those animals in the degree _____(介) which they can be controlled
20. I saw a woman running toward me in the dark. Before I could recognize who she was, she had run back in
the direction _____(介) which she had come.
21. The reason ______ he was late for school is that he got up late.
The reason ______ he gave for being late for school is that he got up late.
22. It is the first time _____ he has voted for the president of America.
There/It was a time _____ women had no right to vote.
23. A good ad often uses words ____(介) _____ people attach positive meanings.