To learn to understand and use make + sb.＋ infinitive/ make + sb. + adjective To listen and speak about how things affect you
哇! sad want to cry
nervous / tense/ stressed out
How do you feel about these pictures?
Happy? Beautiful? Excited? Awful? …
How do you feel about this picture? It makes me relaxed.
How do you feel about this picture? It makes me scared, uncomfortable.
How do you feel about this picture? It makes me comfortable.
How do you feel about this picture? It makes me energetic.
How do you feel about this picture? It makes me angry.
How do you feel about this picture?
The picture makes me sleepy.
A: How do you feel about picture 1? B: It makes me ________.
A: How do you feel about picture 3? B: It makes me ________.
Brainstorm … unhappy happy uncomfortable excited bored nervous adj. about comfortable tense feelings(感觉) surprised
relaxed angry annoyed sad
frightened energetic relaxed stressed out
How do you feel about smoking? It makes me uncomfortable.
happy sad pollution angry endangered animals relaxed smoking annoyed stressed heavy traffic happy loud noise tense people who keep you waiting comfortable uncomfortable
1. The music makes me relaxed. 2. The picture makes me sleepy. 3. The picture makes me feel scared. 4. The picture makes me comfortable. 5. The picture makes me energetic. 6. The picture and the music make me relaxed. Rainy days make me sad.
1a Look at the two restaurant below. Which would you like to go to? Why?
The Blue Lagoon The soft music makes relaxed Amy _______. The soft music makes Tina ______. sleepy
The Rockin’ Restaurant The awful pictures sad make Amy____. The loud music makes Amy_____. tense
1c Look at Amy’s and Tina’s opinions below. What is your opinion? Me too! Loud music makes me tense.
I’d rather go to the Blue Lagoon Restaurant because I like to listen to quiet music while I’m eating. I agree! Loud music makes me uncomfortable.
2a Listen an number the pictures [1-4] in the order that you hear them.
2b Listen again and check (∨).
_ Waiting for her made angry. ∨ ∨ _ She said that loud music made her tense. _ Loud music makes me happy. ∨ _ Loud music always makes me want to dance. _ It was so sad it made us cry. ∨ _ Sad movies don’t make me cry. ∨ They just make me want to leave. _ It made me sad.
Go over the activities in 2a and 2b. Then in pairs try to role play the conversation between Tina and John. You may use the example to begin with your conversation.
Well…yes and no. She was really late.
Did you have fun with Amy last night?
John: Did you have fun with Amy last night? Tina: Well…yes and no. She was really late. John: Amy was late as usual, wasn’t she? Tina: Yes, she was. John: And waiting for her made me a
ngry? Tina: Yes, it made me angry. John: What did you do? Tina: First we went to the Rockin’ Restaurant. John: Did you stay long there? Tina: No, we didn’t because Amy didn’t want to stay. John: Why?
Tina: She said that loud music made he tense. John: That’s strange. Loud music always makes me excited and want to dance. Tina: Me too. John: So then you went to the Blue Lagoon as usually, didn’t you? Tina: yes, you guess right. John: It was quiet and the food was great there. Did you have a good time there? Tina: Yes, we did. John: Where did you go then?
Tina: I wanted to go to the concert at the high school. But Amy didn’t like to go there. We decided to go to the movies. John: What movie did you watch? Tina: We saw Remember Me Forever. John: It was a really good movie, wasn’t it? Tina: Yes, it was, but it was so sad it made us cry. John: Sad movies make me want to leave! Tina: You behave just like my brother!
Loud music makes me tense. Loud music makes me want to dance. That movie made me sad.
Rainy days make me sad. 雨天让我感到悲伤。 rainy adj. 多雨的 如: the rainy season 雨季 rain n. 雨 如: The crops need rain. 庄稼需要雨水。 rain v. 下雨 如: It began to rain hard. 开始下大雨了。
make的用法: (1) make +n. 例如: make food 做饭 make the bed 铺床 make money 赚钱 (2) make sb./sth. + adj. 使某人(感到), 使……处于某种状态 make的宾语之后可跟名词, 形容词, 分词来充当宾语的补足语。
1)名词作make的宾语补足语 如: The party made her a good teacher. 党把她培养成为一名好教师。 2) 形容词作make的宾语补足语, 如： Soccer makes me crazy. 足球使我疯狂。 The soft music makes Tina sleepy. 轻柔的音乐使Tina快睡着了。 Loud music makes me tense. 过大声音的音乐使我紧张。
Loud music makes them energetic. 过大声音的音乐使他觉得精力充沛。 It made her sad. 这使她感到难过。
Waiting for her made me angry.
happy，pleased，surprised，angry， annoyed，sad，upset，unhappy， worried，anxious，excited，relaxed， stressed out，tense，calm，scared， comfortable，sick …
Make sentences with “make...”.
The snow makes
The war makes people (the boy)
The dog makes us feel funny.
3) 分词作make的宾语补足语 例如: I made myself understood by all the students. You must make yourself respected.
(3) make sb. / sth. + do …使某人做某事 (不能带不定式符号to) Wars make the peace go away. 战争使和平远离。 The color red makes people want to eat faster.
注意： 当make 用于被动语态时，必须带不定 式符号to。 如: We were made to work all night. 我们被迫日夜工作。 I was made to repeat the story. 我被迫重述这个故事。 People who won’t should be made to work. 不愿劳动者应被
(4) make it习惯用语, 及时赶到, 到达目的地 I just made it to my class. 我恰好赶到班里。(arrived in time) I’m sorry I missed your concert，but I was out of town and couldn’t make it.
(5) make of /from./out of make of 当原材料制成成品后,原材 料未经任何化学变化,仍保持原有性质。 如: The chair is made of wood. At first people believed that air was made of only one gas. make from 表示当原材料制成成品后，经过 了化学变化，失去了原有性质。
1. Mary made a paper boat. 玛丽做了一只纸船。 做; 制造; 建造
2. I didn’t make any promise. 我没有作出任何承诺。 作出(某种举动) 3. The news made John irritable. 这消息使约翰烦躁不安。 His jokes made us all laugh. 他的笑话把我们都逗笑了。 使得; 使……做…… 4. We just made the last bus. 我们正好赶上末班公交车。 到达; 赶上
5. He makes $1,000 a month. 他每月挣一千元。 获得, 挣得; 赢得 6. I make the distance ten miles. 这段距离我估计是十英里。 认为; 估计, 推算 7. One hundred centimeters make one meter. 一百厘米等于一米。 总计; 等于
8. She will make a good wife. 她会成为一个好妻子。 成为, 变成; 成为……的成员 9. I’ve made it a rule never to hurry. 我已养成凡事从容不迫的习惯。 使成为; 使作为 10. A car is made up of many different parts. 汽车是由许多不同的零件组成的。 构成; 组成
Do you know? Make your enemy your friend. 要化敌为友。 You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink. 牵马近水易，逼马饮水难。 （比喻即使给某人机会，他也不会利用）
课时重点回顾 Loud music makes me tense. Sad movies make her want to leave. Waiting for her made me angry.
注: 另附word文档。 点击此处链接
用括号内所给单词的适当形式填空。 1. Young parents usually don’t know how ________ to make (make) a baby happy. Waiting (wait) for him so long made 2. ________ us angry. danced (dance) and 3. They sang and ________ really had a good time. 4. He said again in order to make himself __________ understood (understand).
relaxed 5. The soft music makes me _______ (relax). want (want) 6. The music makes him ______ to sleep. energetic 7. The picture makes me _________ (energy). 8. He made me _______ repeat (repeat) it. 9. I’d rather ______ have (have) tea.
1. Review the new words and expressions. 2. Write a short passage about your favorite restaurant.
To preview the article Restaurant science on page 104 How things affect you?