To learn the Restaurant science To learn to use make + sb.＋ infinitive/ make + sb. + adjective to speak about how things affect you To learn new words: scientific, pink, hard, serve, fair
Words and expressions
Read the words and expressions loudly.
scientific therefore pink lighting hard
adv. 因此；所以 adj. 粉红色的 n. 光线；照明 adj. 坚硬的；坚固的
serve v. （为……）服务；招 待；端上（饭菜等） fair adj. 公平的；公道的
campaign n. 运动 endangered adj. 有绝种危险的；濒 临灭绝的
what color do you like? what color makes you feel comfortable?
Scanning the whole passage 3a and answer the questions. Question 1. What should the restaurant owners know if they want to make money?
a. the color
c. the seats
b. the music
1. What does the color red make most people feel? Red makes most people hungry. It also makes them eat faster. 2. Why do so many fast food restaurant paint their walls red, play loud music, and have hard seats? They want people to eat quickly and leave so more people can come in.
3. Do you think it’s fair that some restaurants are designed to be uncomfortable?
Which restaurant would you like to go? Talk about their differences.
Think about the two different places. Talk about how these places make you feel.
A: The walls makes me stressed in hospital. B: Me too. And the seats makes me uncomfortable.
Now let’s play a game. Tell your group members about a place you know well. Let them try to guess the name of the place.
A: The house is very big. The noise makes me tense. B: Is it a railway station? A: No, it isn’t. B: Is it a dancing hall? A: No, it isn’t. B: Is it a theater? A: Yes, that’s right.
How do you feel about these things? 4 Complete the survey. Then survey two other students.
A: How do you feel about pollution? B: It makes me kind of angry. How about you? A: It makes me want to join a cleanup campaign.
A: How do you feel about…? B: It makes me…
A: How do you feel about…? B: It makes me…
How do you feel about…? You Your friend
pollution heavy traffic loud noise endangered animals
smoking people who keep you waiting
Pollution makes me uncomfortable /makes me unhealthy /makes me headache Heavy traffic makes me tense /makes me go on foot /makes me stay indoors
Loud music makes me excited /makes me shut my ears /makes me crazy Endangered animals makes me sad /makes me unable to fall asleep /makes me stop eating meats
Smoking makes me sick /makes me stressed /makes me cry People who keep you waiting makes me angry /makes me hungry /makes me thirsty
They also have to know how to make money. 他们还必须知道如何赚钱。 1) know how to do其中的不定式带有疑问 词。know what to do 知道做
什么。 这一句式可以改为复合句, 上句也可为： They also have to know how they can make money. 又如: Please tell me when we should leave. =Please tell me when to leave. 请告诉我什么时候离开。
(2) make money / earn money 挣钱 例: His father makes /earns a lot of money as a pilot. 他父亲当飞行员挣钱很多。
宾语补足语 在英语中，有些及物动词后接宾语时， 还需要加一个词或短语来补充说明宾语 的情况，这样的词或短语叫做宾语补足 语。可以作宾语补足语的词有名词、形 容词、副词、介词短语、动词不定式、 V-ed形式或V-ing形式等。
1. 名词作宾语补足语，通常放在call, consider等动词之后，补充说明宾语的身 份、特性。如： He considered himself an expert on the subject. 他认为自己是这门学科的专家。
2. 形容词或副词的原级或比较级作宾语补 足语，通常放在keep, find等动词之后，补 充说明宾语的状态或特征等。如： This coat will keep you warm. 这件外套可以让你暖和。 After a long search, we found the boy safe. 经过长久的搜寻之后，我们发现那个男孩 安然无恙。
3. 带to的动词不定式作宾语补足语，通常 放在ask, warn等动词之后。如： The police warned us not to go out at night. 警察告诫我们夜间不要外出。
4. 省略to的动词不定式作宾语补足语，通 常放在使役动词make, let,have和感官动词 watch, feel等之后。但是，变为被动语态后 省去的to要还原。动词help后作宾语补足语 的动词不定式可带to也可省略to。如： She made her son laugh finally. 她最终让她的儿子笑了。 Jenny often helps me (to) clean the room. 詹妮经常帮我打扫房间。
5. V-ed形式或V-ing形式作宾语补足语，通 常放在make, see等动词之后。 注意： 感官 动词see, hear等后接省略to的动词不定式作 宾语补足语，往往表示动作的整个过程， 着眼于动作已经完成或经常发生；后接Ving形式作宾语补足语时，表示动作正在发 生或进行。如： I saw Ann wearing a green dress at the party. 在聚会上我看见安穿着一件绿色的 连衣裙。
The scientist tried his best to make his view understood. 这位科学家尽最大努力让他的观点能被 理解。 6. 介词短语作宾语补足语，通常放在find, see等动词之后。 如： I found him in excellent spirits. 我发现他情绪好极了。
用括号内所给动词的适当形式填空。 to study (study) 1. Our teacher advises us ________ hard. play (play) football on 2. We often see him _____ the playground. serve (serve) 3. We must make computers ______ us better. to spend 4. My parents told me not _________ (spend) too much time watching TV. playing (play) basketball 5. I saw him _______ when I passed the playground.
链接中考 1. My roommate often asks me ________ her to play chess. (2009山西) A. te
ach B. teaching C. to teach 2. The woman made his son ______ finally after she told him some jokes. (2009吉林通化) A. laughed B. to laugh C. laugh D. laughing
3. -- I saw Ann ______ a green dress at the school meeting. -- I think she looks better ______ red. (2009山东烟台) A. dressed; in B. put on; wear C. wearing; in D. wear; put on 4. The scientist tried his best to make his view ______. (2008甘肃兰州) A. to understand B. understand C. understood D. understanding
课时重点回顾 restaurant science, restaurant owners, make food, make money, from scientific studies, make … hungry, make customers eat faster, fast food restaurants, soft colors, have red furniture or walls, make … relaxed,
spend more time eating meals, make … look good, make…look bad, loud music, at first, hard seats make…want to leave, stay very long, make …want to eat quickly and leave, fast food restaurants, make …eat faster, sit for about 20 minutes, small restaurants, serve people every day
注: 另附word文档。 点击此处链接
根据句意及首字母提示写出单词，使句子 通顺、正确。 1. I was busy with my work, t________ herefore I didn’t join the fantastic party. ink that 2. Her face is so round and p_____ it looks like a sour cherry. 3. The ground is h____ ard in winter when it is frozen. 4. She is a regular c________ ustomer of this clothes store. 5. Was it really f____ air to ask him to do all the work?
句型转换。(每空一词) 1. I’d rather go to the seaside for my vacation. (改为否定句) I’d ______ rather not ___ ___ go to the seaside for my vacation. 2. The boy is very young. He can’t go to school. (合并为一个复合句) so young that The girl is ___ ______ ____ she can’t ____ go to school. 3. The students were singing in class and I heard it. (改写句子，句意不变) singing___ in class I heard the students ______ ____.
4. The girl was very frightened when she saw the awful pictures. (改写句子，句意不变) made the girl The awful pictures ____ ____ ____ frightened __________. 5. The mother was so excited that she couldn’t say a word. (改写句子，句意不变) The mother was ___ ___ too______ excited___ to say a word.
1. 你应该使卧室保持干净、整洁。 keep your bedroom You should ______
______ clean and ______. tidy 2. 我们都认为格林先生是个好人。 a All of us think Mr. Green _____ good _______. person ______
3. 那位父亲想让他的女儿学法语。 The father ______ wants his daughter to _______ learn French. ____ 4. 他可以听到自己的心跳动得很快。 He could ______ hear his heart _______ beating very fast. 5. 我发现地上有一块手表。 I found a watch ____ on ____ the _______. ground
Write a short passage about your classroom. How does it make you feel?
To preview the products you like and don’t like To find more slogan of the product