Module 12 Help Unit 1 What should we do before help
一．Key vocabulary: broken, first aid, medical, imagine, at the bottom of, trouble, life up, harmful, training, make sure, in pain, make a sound,
have trouble ,find out, cover with
二. Key structures: 1. First of all, find out what's wrong with him? 2. What should we do before help arrives? 3. What can we do to help him?
4. How can we do that?
5. That could be harmful.
6. Make sure he's warm. Cover him with a coat.
1. broken adj. 破碎的， 在句中可以作表语或定语
My cup was broken. I want to buy a new one.
The broken cookies are everywhere. You should take them away.
2. glass 玻璃, 不可数名词
I need a piece of glass because my window is broken.
Mr. Wang wears a pair of glasses. glass还可作"玻璃杯"， 是可数名词
There are two glasses on the table.
We can imagine life without water. I imagine playing with my friends. He imagines that people don't like him.
4. What's wrong with....? ....怎么了？
What's the matter/ trouble with.....?
--What's wrong ? --My watch doesn't work. 5. have trouble hearing听力有问题
trouble n. 麻烦，困难， 不可数名词, 可用some, no, much, great, little等词修饰。 It gave you much trouble.
have trouble (in) doing sth. 做某事有困难， in trouble在困境中
I have trouble in learning English .
6. lift v. 举起，强壮
He's strong enough to lift the box.
The fog(雾) will lift soon and we can go out to take more exercise.
lift up 动副结构， 符合代中，名中后
7. harmful adj. 有害的
它的名词形式为harm, 常用短语do harm to 对...有害,它的副词形式为harmfully, 1
The food is harmless, so we can eat it.
8. make sure 确保，确认
make sure + that从句/ make sure of ....确保 / make sure to do sth. 一定要做某事 Make sure to turn off the light before you leave the room.
If you see a boy lying at the _1._________ of the _2._______, call for _3._______ help immediately. Don’t _4._________ him up and sit him on a chair, because this could make _5.________ for him and for you. You could _6._______ him and it could be _7._________ to you both. __8._______ him with a coat and make sure he’s warm. _9._________ you’re the boy, and think __10_______ how you’d like someone to help you.
1.___________2.____________3.____________4.____________ 5. ______________
1. There is a dog __________ (lie) on the ground.
2. They have trouble __________ (get) there on time.
3. This morning’s class is about _________ (give) someone basic medical help.
4. An apple _________ (drop) form the tree just now.
5. Let’s ________ (lift) him up and sit him on the bed.
6. Mrs. Jenny gave us some_________ (advice) on how to learn English well.
7. ________ (put) your books on the desk.
8. ________________ (not make ) any noise ! Your mother is sleeping
9. Be careful of the __ (break) glass. It could cut our fingers.
10. My hobby is singing. It can make me___________ (happily).
Made by : Ms. Xiangli Checked by: Ms. Li Date: 2013-12-26
Module 12 Help Unit 1 What should we do before help arrives?
9. cover n.封面，封皮 v. 覆盖，盖上
We cover the ground with grass.
10. make sb/sth + do / adj.
Make him comfortable.
We should make our classroom keep claen.
11. such?.that 如此?以至于,such 后面接名词，名词前可有形容词修饰；如果后接形容词或副词，则用so?that
This movie is so interesting that we all like it.
= This is such an interesting movie that we all like it.
Grammar:祈使句和情态动词must, can, could表示推测（课本P135-136）
1. --_____ late for school next time. – Sorry, I won’t
A. Don’t be B. Don’t C. Be D. Doesn’t be
2. --Let’s go and play football, ______? –That’s great.
A. will you B. do you C. won’t we D. shall we
3. The book _____be Lily’s, for we can find her name on the cover.
A. may B. might C. could D. must
4. You _____ be serious! You’re actually going to lend him money again?
A. needn’t B. can’t C. shouldn’t D. mustn’t
5. Let’s _______ for a walk, shall we ?
A. to go B. going C. go D. gone
6. –Excuse me, Where is the zoo?
--Sorry, I don’t know. Ask that policeman. He _______ know.
A. shall B. may C. need D. would Exercises:单选
1. The boss made him _____ a lot of work every day in the old days.
A. to do B. do C. did D. doing
2. I have trouble _______ out the problem by myself.
A. work B. works C. working D. worked
3. What should we do _____ the old man?
A. help B. helping C. helps D. to help
4. –Let’s play basketball after school? ---______. A. Good idea B. Why C Thank you . D Exercise me
5. It was hot yesterday. But today is even ______. A. hot B. hotter C. hottest D. the hottest
6. You look sad. What’s wrong _____ you?
A. to B. for C. with D. on
7. Gina is _______ a kind girl _______ she often helps people who are in trouble.
A. so, that B. too, to C. such, that D. not only, but also
8. He shouted ________ help, but no one came _______ a long time. A. to, to B. to, for C. for, to D. for, for \
9. Miss Gao is a teacher ________ basic medical training _______ a lot of experience.
A. of, of B. with, with C. of, with D. with, of
10. It’s better to cover her _________ a quilt.(被子)
A. in B. to C. with D. at
11. —Fifty dollars for such a T-shirt! You be joking!
—I’m serious. It’s made of silk.
A. must B. need C. may D. can
12. It doesn't look like rain, so you ______ bring your umbrella with you.
A．shouldn't B．mustn't C．can't D．needn't
13. ______ he’s warm and comfortable.
A. To make sure B. Making sure C. Makes sure D. Make sure
14. –Dad, can I go to the movies tonight?
-Sure, but you ________ come back home before 9 o’clock.
A. can B. must C. may D. might
15. I don’t imagine _________ a doctor in my children.
A. to become B. becoming C. became D. become
答案 1-5 _________________ 6-10 __________________ 11-15 ________________
一． 1. bottom 2. stairs 3. medical 4. lift 5. trouble 6. drop 7. harmful 8. Cover
9. Imagine 10. about
二. 1. lying 2. getting 3. giving 4. dropped 5. lift 6. advice 7. Put 8. Don’t make
9. broken 10. happy
语法 1-6 ADDBCB 1-5 BCDAB 6-10 CCDCC 11-15 ADDBB