1. ---We’ll do what we can ____English well this term.
---It’s high time for you to work hard.
A. study B. to study C. be studied D. be studying
2. ---I don’t think your team can beat theirs.
---____. But we could if Lin Tao were on the team.
A. No, we can’t B. Yes, we can’t C. Yes, we can D. No, we can
3. ---Have you finished your work yet?
---No, not yet. I think it’ll take _____ ten minutes.
A. another B. other C. others D. more
4. Roy made several kites, but _____ of them can fly high in the sky.
A. neither B. none C. all D. most
5. ---Will you be back ____ five in the afternoon?
---I’m not sure, maybe later than that.
A. in B. before C. for D. until
6. ---I’m sorry to have kept you waiting long.
---Never mind. I ____ here for only a few minutes.
A. have been B. have come C. have arrived D. waited
7. ---You seem to like sweets.
---_______ .That’s probably why I’m becoming fatter and fatter.
A. So I do B. So do I C. So am I D. So I am
8. With the help of the computer, information can ____every corner of the world swiftly.
A. get B. reach C. arrive D. return
9. The children ______ not to play with the fire.
A. are often told B. tell C. are telling D. told
10. ---May I go out with you tomorrow?
---If your job ______by then.
A. has been finished B. finish C. will be finished D. will finish
11. ---Will you please show me how to operate the new machine?
---Sure. It’s a piece of cake. Now let me tell you _____ to do first.
A. what B. how C. whether D. which
12. ---My trousers are______ .
---I’ll buy you a new pair.
A. wore out B. worn out C. wearing out D. sold out
13. ---What do you think of these two books?
---_____ of them are interesting. And I’ve read them several times.
A. Both B. Neither C. None D. Either
14. ---The artist has got _____ much work to do that he hardly has time to help his wife with the
---That’s true. Even on Sundays he is busy with his work.
A. too B. so C. very D. such
15. ---How long ____ you ____a fever?
---Ever since last night.
A. have, got B. have, had C. have, caught D. did, have
16. ---I think he lives _____ No.386 West St.
---Are you sure _____ that? You’d better make sure.
A. at, / B. in, of C. in, about D. at, of
17. ---The rain came to a stop the night before. The fields are still full of water.
---It _____ for nearly a week.
A. has rained B. had rained C. would rain D. was raining
18. ---He seems _____ ill. Shall we take him to the hospital right now?
---I don’t think it matters. Maybe he’s caught a bit of a cold.
A. terrible B. terribly C. even D. to be terrible
19. ---Would you like ___ some fruit?
---No thanks. I don’t feel like _____ anything now.
A. to have, to eat B. having, to eat C. having, eating D. to have, eating
20. ---This is really a wonderful party with interesting people and great food.
---I’m glad you are _____.
A. liking it B. enjoying yourself C. at the party D. are loving
21. ---You’ve dropped _____ “s’’ in the word “acros’’
---Oh, ____ letter “s’’ should be doubled like this “across’’.
A. a, a B. an, a C. a, the D. an, the
22. ---The pen writes well though it doesn’t cost much.
--- Let me have a try. So _____.
A. it is B. it does C. does it D. is it
23. ---The smell in the room is really terrible.
---You said it. Let’s keep all the windows _____ .
A. closed B. open C. opening D. to open
24. ---____ the Internet _____ in your school?
---Yes, but the computer in our office has often broken down.
A. Is, used B. Is, using C. Does, use D. Has, used
25. ---Do you often get on-line?
---Yes. I ______ most of my time on it .It’s a good way to kill time.
A. cost B. spend C. pay D. take
26. ---Did Tom’s parents go to the meeting yesterday?
---Yes, ____ of them did, but ____ spoke.
A. each, none B. both, none C. neither, both D. both, neither
27. ---I eat _____ vegetables and ______ meat than I did last year.
---That’s why you’re getting fatter.
A. fewer, more B. more, less C. least, more D. many, much
28. ---_____ is the population of the town?
---Over 20,000 .And a third of the population ____ workers of the car factory.
A. What, are B. How many, are C. What, is D. How many, is
29. ---I tried to make Kate ______ her mind, but I found it hard.
---Well, I saw you_______ that when I went past.
A. change, do B. changes, doing C. to change, do D. change , doing
30. ---Sorry. I am late.
---It doesn’t matter. The meeting ______ for just several minutes
A. has begun B. has started C. has been on D. had been on
31. ---I feel tired and sleepy.
---Why not stop _____?
A. to work B. to have a rest C. having a rest D. to go on with your work
32. ---Did you notice the boy come in?
---No, I didn’t because I _______a film.
A. had watched B. have watched C. was watching D. am watching
33. ---Could you tell me _____? I must find him.
---Sorry, I have no idea. But he was here just now.
A. where Tom was B. where has Tom gone
C. where can I find Tom. D. where Tom is
34. ---Shall I tell Mike about it?
---No, you _____. He’s already been told.
A. mustn’t B. can’t C. don’t D. needn’t
35. ---Alice, why didn’t you come here yesterday?
---I ____, but my son suddenly fell ill and I had to take him to the hospital.
A. had B. did C. was going to D. didn’t
36. ---I’m ______ in what _____ you.
---Well, don’t follow suit. Just do what you like.
A. interesting, interests B. interested, interests
C. interest, interests D. interest, interesting
37. ---I’m too busy_______ to my family often.
---Why not call them instead?
A. writing B. to write C. written D. write
38. ---______ present you’ve bought for me!
---I’m glad you like it.
A. How a B. What a C. How D. What
39. ---This is no-smoking zone. Can’t you see the sign?
---Oh, sorry. I ______ it.
A. haven’t seen B. won’t see C. don’t see D. didn’t see
40. ---Will you please let me have a look at the photos taken in the States?
---Sure .I’ll _____ them here to school tomorrow.
A. take B. carry C. get D. bring
41. ---Look at ____ animal. It’s interesting.
---Which one do you mean? ____ black one with a long tail?
A. an, The B. an, An C. the, The D. the, An
42. ---What happened to Tom?
---He was crossing the street ____ a motorbike hit him from behind.
A. while B. when C. until D. because
43. ---Dad, what’s the sea like?
---Well, it’s large and full of water. It covers about _____ of the earth.
A. one third B. three quarter C. three-fourth D. three quarters
44. ---Go and ask the waiter how much_____.
---Don’t worry. It has been _____.
A. does the meal cost, paid for B. the meal costs, paid
C. the meal spends, paid D. the meal costs, paid for
45. ---Does the child need any help?
---No. He is old enough to _____ himself.
A. put on B. wear C. dress D. take care
46. ---There can be no life on the earth without water.
---That’s right. Water _____ everywhere.
A. needs B. is needing C. is needed D. needed
47. ---Were you late ____the meeting?
---No, I arrived there ten minutes______ the meeting started.
A. for, before B. at, before C. for, till D. at, after
48. ---Excuse me, but I don’t think you can take photos here.
---Sorry I ____ this is no-photo zone.
A. don’t know B. didn’t know C. have no idea D. haven’t known
49. ---How many English words had you learned _____ the end of last term? ---Around 2000, but I’ve forgotten most of them.
A. by B. at C. to D. on
50. ---Are you learning art now during your spare time?
---No. I’ve stopped _____ Chinese medicine instead.
A. to learn B. learning C. learn D. studying
51. ---What did you ____ just now?
---I _____ you if you could follow me.
A. say, said B. speak, asked C. speak, said D. say, asked
52. ---Do you like ____ a teacher?
--- Sure. But my parents ____ me to be a doctor when I was a young girl.
A. to be, hoped B. being, hoped C. being, wished D. to be, wish
53. ---Mom, I’ve got a fever.
---So_____. How did you catch it?
A. have you B. you have C. have I D. did I
54. ---Something must be done to stop the farmers cutting down the forests.
---I agree with you .If we ____, a lot more good land will be gone with them.
A. won’t B. aren’t C. don’t D. mustn’t
55. ---Did you _____ the first place of the league match?
---Of course we did. We _____ all the other teams.
A. beat, beat B. beat, won C. win, won D. win, beat.
56. ---Why not borrow some money from your friends?
---But I know _____ of the people here except you.
A. either B. none C. all D. no one
57. ---What he enjoys _____ great and interesting.
---Yes,____ it’s dangerous.
A. sounds, but B. to sound, but C. sounds, so D. to sound ,so
58. ---What are you going to do tomorrow?
---I’m not sure. I____ make a trip to Hangzhou with my girl friend.
A. may B. maybe C. will D. must
59. --- Did you finish _____ the book?
---Yes, I did. Thanks ____ your dictionary, I had a better understanding of it.
A. reading, for B. reading, to C. to read, for D. to read, to
60. ---How ____ is it from here Ningbo to Xi’an?
---It’s about two ____ flight.
A. long, hour’s B. far, hour’s C. long, hours’ D. far, hours’
61. ---Why did you come back so late today?
---Because it heavily when the meeting was over. We had to wait until it came to a stop.
A. was raining B. is raining C. rained D. rains
62. ---Would you like to give us a talk sometime next week?
---Sure. But what subject should I _____?
A. talk B. talk about C. talk with D. talk to
63. ---People never use Mr, Mrs or Miss before their first names, do they?
--- , they only use them before their family names.
A. Yes, they don’t B. Yes, they do C. No, they don’t D. No, they do
64. ---Are your parents living with you in China?
---Yes. They here with my family.
A. are all B. are both C. all are D. both are
65. ---May I go out and play this afternoon?
---No, you _____. Work comes first
A. needn’t B. mustn’t C. won’t D. don’t
66. ---What happened to him?
---Oh, he off his bike and his legs.
A. falls, hurts B. fell, hurt C. felt, hurt D. fell, breaks
67. ---Would you like some tea, please?
---Yes, I prefer tea sugar.
A. to B. for C. with D. than
68. ---Would you please make the child any more?
---Well, I just wanted him not to play with the chalk.
A. don’t, cry B. not, to cry C. don’t, to cry D. not, cry
69. ---What ---Yes, it is. But I find it difficult for me to read.
A. an, very B. a, too C. an, too D. a, quite
70. ---Maths isn’t as
---I agree with you. I think Chinese is than any other subject.
A. easy, easier B. easier, easier C. easy, easiest D. hard, the most difficult
71. ---Mum, will you take me to the park tomorrow?
---If it A. won’t B. doesn’t C. isn’t D. won’t be
72. ---Did you stop hello to Mrs Smith ?
---No, I didn’t see her when she went past.
A. saying B. said C. say D. to say
73. ---Why don’t you go to the lecture-room and listen to the talk?
---I hear there isn’t in it.
A. something new B. new anything C. anything new D. nothing new
74. ---I did badly in the long jump.
A. Congratulations B. That’s great C. Well done D. Bad Luck
75. Miss Liu asked Tom to read the new words and A. other B. the others C. others D. the other
76. ---Do you know the result of the ---Yes. The winner is a boy Lin Feng from Class 4.
A. 100-metres, called B. 100-metre, calling
C. 100-metre, called D. 100-metres, named
77. The weather here is quite different that of my hometown.
A. from B. with C. than D. as
78. My father me to be a doctor, but my mother doesn’t agree him.
A. wishes, to B. wishes, with C. hopes, with D. wants, to
79. ---Don’t play the dangerous game any more.
---Sorry! I do it again.
A. can’t B. don’t C. won’t D. mustn’t
80. ---English is difficult subject. I even want to drop it.
---You’d better not. I’ll help you it.
A. quite a, with B. a quite, with C. a very, for D. very a, with
81. ---Does the man need
---Yes, only small one. But the sooner, the better.
A. an, a B. a, a C. an, the D. ×, ×
82. ---I hear a traffic accident happened yesterday. Was it terrible?
---Yes. A car fell over and all the people in it were badly hurt. But luckily, of them
A. neither B. none C. every D. both
83. ---You can hardly swim, can you?
--- . But my mother says she’ll teach me during my summer holiday.
A. Yes, I can’t B. No, I can C. No, I can’t D. Yes, I can
84. ---Do you think there are new words in this unit ?
---Yes, that’s right. I’ll first.
A. too much, look them up B. too many, look up them
C. much too, look them up D. too many, look them up
85. ---You must what I have done for you before you leave.
---Well, how much does it ? Is 100 dollars enough?
A. pay for, cost B. pay, spend C. spend, pay for D. pay, cost
86. ---Excuse me, where’s the West Hill Farm, please?
---Go the forest and the foot of the mountain you will find it .
A. through, at B. across, at C. through, under D. past, under
87. ______noisy children! Go and ask them to keep quiet.
A. How B. What C. What a D. How a
88.The policeman asked him when the accident happened.
A. what was he doing B. what did he do C. what he was doing D. what he did
89.Mr Green A. would like B. wants C. hates D. enjoys
90. ---Here is a piece of paper for you!
---Oh, thanks. It’s for me to write a long letter on.
A. big enough B. enough large C. small enough D. enough small
91.The United States A. sent B. didn’t send C. hasn’t sent D. wasn’t sent
92. ---When shall we go to see him in the hospital?
---Oh, I nearly forget. What about this afternoon as soon as we _____our work?
A. will finish B. are finished C. finish D. are going to
93. ---You’d better ---I see. You mean too hard makes one tired and ill.
A. not, work B. don‘t, working C. don’t, to work D. not, working
94. ---Football by the British at the beginning of last century.
---That’s probably why football is one of popular games in England.
A. was invented, the most B. invented, more
C. was invented, more D. invented, the most
95. ---Do you know the city of Ningbo well?
---Of course I do. I’ve here for nearly 3 years.
A. come B. been C. arrived D. got
96. ---Must we move to the next room?
---No, you . You may still live here if you like.
A. mustn’t B. don’t C. don’t have to D. won’t
97.I find A. that B. how C. what D. it
98. are useful animals.
A. Cow B. Pig C. Panda D. Sheep
99.Be careful when the street.
A. to cross B. cross C. you cross D. you’ll cross
100.Take your time,you’ll make another mistake.
A. then B. and C. if D. or
1---5. BAABB 6---10. AABAA 11---15. ABABB 16---20. DBBDB
21---25. DBBAB 26---30. DAADC 31---35. BCDDB 36---40. BBBDD
41---45. CBDBC 46---50. CABAA 51---55. DDBCD 56---60. BAAAD
61---65. ABCBB 66---70. BCDBA 71---75. CDCDD 76---80. CABCA
81---85. ABCDA 86---90. ABCDA 91---95. BCDAB 96---100. CDDCD