1. 情态动词must, may , might, could, may , can’t 表示推测含义与用法后面都接动词原形，都可以表示对现在情况的揣测和推断但他们含义有所不同。 must 一定 肯定 (100%的可能性)
may, might, could有可能，也许 (20%－80%的可能性)
can' t 不可能，不会 (可能性几乎为零)
The dictionary must be mine. It has my name on it.
The CD might/could/may belong to Tony because he likes listening to pop music.
The hair band can' t be Bob' s. After all, he is boy!
2. whose 谁的，疑问词，作定语，后面接名词。 如：Whose book is this? This is Lily’s.
3. belong to 属于 如：That English book belongs to me.
4. 当play 指弹奏乐器时，常在乐器前用定冠词 如： play the guitar play the piano play the violin 当play 指进行球类运动时，则不用定冠词 如： play football play basketball play baseball
5. if引导的条件状语从句，主句用一般将来时，从句用一般现在时代替将来时 如： If you don' t hurry up, you' ll be late. 如果你不快点，你将会迟到。
8. try to do sth. 尝试做某事 如：I try to climb the tree. 我尝试爬树。
9. because of , because
because of + 名词/代词/名词性短语
because + 从句 如：I do it because I like it. 我做这件事是因为我喜欢。 I had to move because of my job. 因为工作的原因我得搬家。
10. own v.－owner n. listen v.－listener n. learn v.－learner n.
11. catch a bus 赶公车
12. neighbor 邻居 指人 neighborhood 邻居 指地区也可指附近地区的人
13. local 当地的 如：local teacher 当地的教师
14. noise n. 噪音 是个可数名词 noises
15. call the police 报警 如：Quick! Call the police! 快！叫警察！
16. anything strange 一些奇怪的东西。当形容词修饰 something, anything, nothing, everything 等不定代词时，放在这些词的后面。
17. there be sb./ sth. doing 如：There is a cat eating fish. There must be something visiting our home.
18. escape from …从哪里逃跑出来 如：He escaped from the burning building. 他从燃烧的大概中逃出来。
19. an ocean of + 名词 极多的，用不尽的 如：an ocean of energy.
20. unhappy 不高兴的 反义词 happy 高兴的
21. final adj. 最后的 finally adv. 最后地
22. dishonest 不诚实的 反义词 honest 诚实的。
23. get on 上车 get off 下车
24. use up 用光、用完 如：They have used up all the money. 他们已经用完
25. attempt to do 试图 如： The boys attempted to leave for Beijing. 男孩子们试图想去北京。
26. wake 动词 唤醒 常用的词组：wake up 意为醒来 如： Please wake me up at 8 o’clock. 请在8点钟叫醒我。
27. look for 寻找，指过程 find 找，指结果。如： I am looking for a pen. 我正在找一支笔。（指找的过程） I found my pen just now. 我刚刚找到了我的笔。（指找的结果）
28. hear 听 指听的结果 listen 听 指听的过程 如：
Did you hear ? 你听到了吗？（指听的结果，听或没听到） I often listen to the music. 我经常听音乐。（指听的过程）
29. try one’s best to do sth. 尽某人的最大努力去做某事 如： He tried his best to run. 他尽他的最大努力去跑。
30. 名词所有格。名词所有格的构成有两种形式 ①是在名词后面加's或是以s结尾的名词，只在名词的后面加' 。 如：Ann’s book 安的书, our teachers’ office 我们老师们的办公室 注：双方共有的所有格，只在后面一个名词加's, 如： Lily and Lucy’s father 莉莉和露西的爸爸（她们的爸爸是同一个人） ②有…of …介词短语表示无生命东西的所有格 如：a picture of my family 我家人的相片
三抓：1.主旨句每一篇的第一句话显得尤为重要 2.每一段的第一句话3.关键词 阅读理解技巧
先通读了解大概意思 第二遍先看题目 再读短文 带着问题看短文 再找答案
1. An old man died and left his son a lot of money. But the son was a foolish young man,and he quickly spent all the money, so that soon he had nothing left.Of course ,when that happened, all his friends left him.When he was quite poor and alone, he went to see Nasreddin, who was a kind, clever old man and often helped people when they had troubles. "My money has finished and my friends have gone,"said the young man. "What will happen to me now?"
"Don't worry , young man,"answered Nasreddin."Everything will soon be all right again.Wait ,and you will soon feel much happier."
The young man was very glad."Am I going to get rich again then? " he asked Nasreddin.
"No, I didn't mean that," said the old man."I meant that you would soon get used to being poor and to having no friends."
( )1.An old man died and left his son_______.
A.nothing B.some gold C. much money D.only a house
( ) 2. When the son was________, he went to see Nasreddin.
A.short of money B.quite poor and sick
C.in trouble D. quite poor and alone
( ) 3.The young man was very glad because Nasreddin said that________.
A.he would become rich again B. he would soon feel much happier
C.he would become clever D. he would have more friends
( ) 4.Nasreddin meant the young man______.
A.would get rich again B. would get used to having nothing
C.would get used to being in trouble D.would get out of poorness
( ) 5.What this story tells us is________.
A.that money is everything B.that money makes the mare go
C.to save each penny D. that misfortune tests the sincerity of friends
2. A man was traveling abroad in a small red car.One day he left the car and went shopping.When he came back, its roof was badly damaged. Some boys told him that an elephant had damaged it. The man did not believe them,but they took him to a circus which was near there. The owner of the elephant said,"I am very sorry!My elephant has a big, round,red chair.He thought that your car was his chair, and he sat on it!"
Then he gave the man a letter, in which he said that he was sorry and that he would pay for all the damage.
When the man got back to his own country,the customs officers would not believe his story.They said,"You sold your new car while you were abroad and bought this old one!"
It was only when the man showed them the letter from the circus man that believed him.
( )1.A man was traveling abroad_______.
A.in a big bus B.in a green jeep C.in a red car D.in a red taxi
( ) 2.The car was damaged because________.
A.there was a traffic accident B.the circus man broke it
C. it rushed into a shop D.the elephant sat on it
( ) 3.The circus man said that_______.
A.he would pay for part of the damage B.he would pay for all of the damage C.he wouldn't pay for the damage D.he would buy a new car
( ) 4. When the man got back to his country,the customs officers______.
A. would check his new car B.only checked his car
C. searched him D. wouldn't believe what he had said,
( ) 5.It was only________that made the officers believe him.
A.the letter from the circus man B. a newspaper from the country
C.the certificate of his D.the letter from the government
3. Nasreddin was cutting a branch off a tree in his garden.While he was sawing,another man passed in the street.He stopped and said,"Excuse me,
but if you continue to saw that branch like that, you will fall downwith it."He said this because Nasreddin was sitting on the branch and cutting it at a place between himself and the trunk of the tree.
Nasreddin said nothing.He thought,"This is some foolish person who has no work to do and goes about telling other people what to do and what not to do."
The man continued on his way. Of course, after a few minutes.The branch fell and Nasreddin fell with it.
"My God!"he cried."That man knows the future !"and he ran after him to ask how long he was going to live.But the man had gone.
( )1.One day Nasreddin was cutting a branch_______a tree in his garden.
A.on B.in C.at D.off
( )2.While Nasreddin was sawing,another man_______.
A.told him to stop working B.told him he would fall down
C. would borrow something from him D.would help him saw that branch
( ) 3. After the man went away,Nasreddin thought that________.
A. that was a silly fellow B..that was a wise person
C.that was a proud person D.that fellow cheated him
( ) 4.What happened to Nasreddin after a few minutes?
A.The branch fell .B.Nasreddin fell down to the ground.
C.Nasreddin was hurt himself. D..Both A and B.
( ) 5.This story is about ________.
A.a foolish man B. a wise man
C.cutting a tree D.the necessity of taking good advice
4.A judge was working in his room one day when a neighbour ran in and said,"If one man's cow kills another's,is the owner of the first cow responsible?"
"It depends," answered the judge.
"Well,"said the man,"your cow has killed mine."
"Oh,"answered the judge."Everyone knows that a cow cannot think like
a man,so a cow is not responsible,and that means that its owner is not responsible either."
"I am sorry,Judge,"said the man."I made a mistake.I meant that my cow killed yours."
The judge thought for a few seconds and then said,"When I think about it more carefully,this case is not as easy as I thought at first. "And then he turned to his clerk and said,"Please bring me that big black book from the shelf behind you."
( )1.The neighbour asked the judge_______.
A. whether the first cow was responsible
B.whether the owner of the first cow was responsible
C..whether both cows were responsible
D. whether both the owners were responsible
( )2.When the neighbour reported that the judge's cow had killed his,the judge answered that______.
A.a cow was responsible B. its owner was not responsible
C.neither a cow nor its owner was responsible D.his cow was responsible
( )3.When the neighbour heard this, he told the judge that_______.
A.there was nothing happened B. his cow had been killed
C.it was his cow that had killed the judge's D.both cows had been killed
( )4.When the judge heard that his cow had died, he________.
A..got angry B.said nothing
C.put his neighbor into prison D.changed what he had said at first
( )5.In this story the judge was______.
A. a clever judge B.a humorist C.unfair D.foolish
1.At our school, we sometimes have a special day to help others. Last year we went to an old people’s 1 and sang songs and performed a play for 2 . The old people were very 3 . We should be allowed to take time to do things like that more often. For example, we should 4 primary schools and help 5 young students. I want to be a teacher 6 I’m older so it would be a great experience for me. Other students would like to do other jobs. For example, my friend Tian Ge wants to 7 for a newspaper. She should be allowed to volunteer at the newspaper office once a week.
1. A. home B. bank C. shop D. river
2. A. us B. them C. him D. her
3. A. great B. angry C. smart D. happy
4. A. buy B. have C. visit D. build
5. A. tell B. ask C. teach D. find
6. A. how B. when C. where D. why
7. A. write B. wait C. look D. Pay
2.The moon, our 1 , travels 2 the Earth. It has 3 been visited by man in spaceships.
Man-made satellites have been sent up 4 space by many countries. They go round 5 . We used them 6 us to learn more 7 the Earth, the weather and other things. They are also used to 8 and receive massages. It makes people 9 different countries understand each other better. So people say the world itself is becoming a much 10 place.
( ) 1. A. satellite B. satellites C. Sun D. Earth
( ) 2.A.on B. near C. round D. before
( ) 3.A. just B. never C. before D. already
( ) 4.A. to B. into C. in D. over
( ) 5.A.the Sun B. the Earth C. The Moon D. the Sea
( ) 6.A.help B. helping C. to help D. helped
( ) 7.A.about B. for C. of D. on
( ) 8.A.send B. sending C. sends D. sent
( ) 9.A.come B. comes C. from D. form
( ) 10.A.larger B. bigger C. small D. smaller
Mr. Johnson had a factory. He once 1 on TV that animals could be taught to 2 some work for people if they were given 3 to eat. He loved the idea. He thought it would be 4 to have a dog look after his 5 and an elephant do some heavy jobs 6 his factory. He bought a dog 7 an elephant in the market and decided to teach them to do some work for him. Of course. he 8 bought a lot of food for them. Several months later，the dog and the elephant 9 fatter and fatter，but they 10 do any work for him. At last，Mr. Johnson had to give up.
1. A. saw B. asked C. met
2. A. make B.do C. 1et
3. A. someone B.nothing C. something
4. A. bad B. good C. 1ate
5. A. house B. shirt C. eyes
6. A. in B. above C. under
7. A. but B. or C. and
8. A. also B. never C. yet
9. A. smelt B. sounded C. became
10. A. mustn’t B. couldn’t C. shouldn’t