Unit 4 How do you get to school?
1.Knowledge goals :key vocabulary: get to , how far , bicycle , subway , minute , mile , bus stop .
target language: Talk about how to get to places
2.Ability goals: Listening skill. Writing skill. Communicative competence.
Know about some traffic rules.
Don’t be late for school.
Important and difficult points :
1. how /how far /how long 引导的特殊疑问句.
Teaching aids: cards
Teaching procedures :
Step 1 Greeting and revision
Step 2; Presentation
1.Talk about the picture, How do you get to school?
2. Ask students ways to get to school, For example, take the bus/the train/the subway.
3. Write down how you get to school .
4. Look at the picture .Write down how the students get to school.
5. Make dialogues with the phrases .
6. Groupwork: Divide the students into groups of three or four .Practice reading the dialogues.
7. Revise the numbers .
8. Teach the new word :minute .
Step 3 .Practice:
Finish the exercise in the small blackboard.
Step 4 .Summary
The key language points we learnt in this period.
Step 5. Homework
Finish the exercise book
After class idea：