1. ---What are you going to _________when you grow up? ---Oh, being an engineer is my dream.
A. be B. do C. make D. play
2. There _________a new movie at Screen City tomorrow.
A. is going to be B. is C. is going to show D. is going to watch
3. What is he dreaming to be when he _________? A. grow up B. grows up C. grew up D. will grow up
4. It’s raining hard. _________you take an umbrella before you go out.
A. Make sure B. Make a solution C. Play a role D. Decide
5. He asked me a question ________the beginning of the class.
A. in B. at C. on D. for
6. They don’t always agree ________each other.
A. at B. to C. with D. in
7. My phone number is 13990038765. Please _________.
A. write down it B. write down them C. write them down D. write it down
8. The man is good at _________stories. A. say B. tell C. saying D. telling
9. To make my dream come true, I’m going to keep on_________.
A. working hard B. work hard C. hard-working D. hard work
10. I’d like to do ________I want.
A. something B. anything C. everything D. nothing 11. Jenny is going to a ________school while Jack is going to take ________lessons.
A. act, sing B. acting, sing C. act, singing D. acting, singing 12. To be healthy, you should take ________exercise and eat _________junk food.
A. more, more B. more, less C. less, more D. less, less
13. I’m going to practice _________piano more often. A. playing B. playing the C. to play D. to play the 14. Study hard, _________you can get good grades.
A. but B. so C. then D. or
15. He’s going to study in Beijing when he _________high school. A. finish B. finished C. is going to finish D. finishes
16. ---Jack is studying at ________university in London. ---Yes, he went to _______university two years ago.
A. an , the B. a, the C. a, / D. /, /
17. She’s reading The Old Man and the Sea _________Hemingway.
A. with B. for C. by D. to 18. Mom and dad asked me to ________their best wishes _________you.
A. send, to B. send , for C. take, to D. take, for
19. We’re going to _________a new subject from next week.
A. stay up B. put up C. dress up D. take up
20. Do you know __________? A. what is a resolution B. what a resolution is
C. how does she get to school D. where does Peter live