- 11 -
1. I prefer music that/which has great lyrics. 我更喜欢歌词好的音乐。 2. I love musicians who/that write their own music. 我喜爱那些自己创作音乐的音乐家。
3. What’s the name of your favorite CD? 你最喜欢的CD名字是什么？ 4. What do you like/dislike about the CD? 对这个CD你喜欢/不喜欢什么？ 4. 【 remind 】
remind sb. of / about sth.提醒某人某事，使某人想起 remind sb. to do sth.提醒某人做某事 remind + that clause…提醒…
1. I 2. Can you me my dentist’s appointment tomorrow? 5. What does it remind you of ? 它使你想起了什么？ 6. He’s made some great movies over the years. 多年来他制作了很多好电影。
7. It does have a few good features, though. 然而，它的确有些特色。 8. Be sure to see this exhibition at the Lido Gallery. 一定要来丽都画廊看看这个展览。
9. There are many great photos of people and of the countryside. 有很多人物跟乡村照片。
10. This is a great show from a world-class photographer.\ 这是来自一个世界级摄影师的展示。
11. Whatever you do, don’t miss this exhibition. 无论你做什么，都不要错过这次展览。
12. My host family is taking to an Indian film festival next weekend. 我的寄宿家庭下周将带我去参加印度电影节。
13. I’m not sure what to expect because I’ve never seen an Indian film before. 我不确定有什么好期待的因为我以前没看过一部印度电影。
14. You sure have lots of cool stuff. 你确实有很多酷东西。
III. The language points
1. 【 prefer 】
1. Peter prefers a bike ____ a car. (介词)
2. Peter prefers ______(ride) a bike to ______(drive) a car. 3. She prefers _____ (cook) rather than _____ (eat) out. 4. She prefers _____ (cook) instead of _____ (eat) out. 5. I _____(prefer) swimming _____ running when I was young. 2. 【 loud, aloud, loudly 】
1. I study English by reading ________. 2. Please speak ________.
3. 3. Don’t knock at the door so ________.
【 clear (adj.)， clear (v.)， clearly (adv.) 】
1. It’ s ______ that there is nothing to worry about. 2. __________we wouldn’ t want to upset anyone. 3.“I did it,” she said in a _____ voice. 4. The sky ________ after the storm. 5. He spoke very ______. 6. That’ s ______ a mistake.
The songs always _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ in Mexico. 4. 请提醒我给母亲写信。
Please ______ ______ ______ _______ to Mother.
5. 【 suggest, advise, suggestion, advice 】 suggest (doing) sth. = advise (doing) sth.建议做某事
advise sb. to do sth.建议某人做某事
advise/suggest that sb. (should) dosth.建议某人做某事 a suggestion, a piece of advice 一条建议
a suggestion for / on / about sth. 一条关于…的建议 1. He suggested _____(go) for a walk. 2. He ______ us to walk there.
3. He advised we ______ (be) here by ten. 6. 【 sure 】
① sure: adv.“确实，的确”(加强语气) It sure is hot. “当然”(表同意) =certainly
adj. be sure of/about/that…,(某人)“对…有把握/确信…”
be sure to do“一定，肯定”(局外人的推测，评论，主语不一定是人) Be sure to do “务必，一定要”(祈使句)
1. He ______________ his success. = He is sure that he will succeed..
2. He ______________ win. = I’m sure he will win. = It’s certain that he will win. 3. Look at the clouds. It ______________ rain. 4. ________________ come early next time.
② make sure of /about /that…确保/保证,弄清/查明/核实 1. _____________ that no one finds out about this. 2. You must ______________ the time and place.suit, fit 7. 【 】
suit: v. 指颜色、款式、品味、时间、环境等的“适合” n. 套装 a business suit
suitable: adj. 合适的 be ~ for sb./sth.
fit: v.指形状、大小对某人“合适、合身”等，可引申为钥匙等的“吻合” adj.合适的 be ~ for sb./sth.， 健康的keep fit 1. Does the time ____ you ? 2. The Size L coat ____ me well. 3. The key doesn’t ____ the lock.
4. This kind of movie is not ________for children. 5. Look at the man who wears a ______. 6. We should do more exercise to stay ______.
- 12 -
( )1.That reminded him ___his dog单 选 精 练
( )2.We all like that story ___ is very funny
A. of B. for C. to D. with ’s death.
( )3. It doesnA. who B. that C. whom D. where ( )4. Most children need ____ sleep each night.
A. have ’ t suit you ____ your hair cut short.
B. has C. to have D. having ( )5. He is one of _____in China.
A. eight hours B. eight hour C. eight hours’ D. eight hour’s ( )6. The beautiful girl ____ came here last Saturday is my girlfriend. A. best author B. the best author C. best authors D. the best authors ( )7. Look at that handsome boy _____name is Simon.
A. who B. whom C. whose D. which
( )8. The paintings _____ in the museum are drawn by foreign artists.
A. who B. whose C. which D. whom
( )9. —A. in show B. in display C. on the show D. on display
A. Make sure to come When will the English party begin? B. Be sure to come —At six o’clock. _____, please.
( )10. ____you say ,I won C. Make sure of coming D. Be sure coming ( )11. The color of your trousers doesnA. Whatever B. What ’t believe you.
C. However ’ D. Whenever
( )12. I went to bed very early last night. I lay in bed awake,____
A. suit B. fit C. like t ____ your jacket.
( )13.Yangpu Bridge is one of ____in the world.
A. but B. although C. though D. so
( )14.I love music that I can sing ____
A. the biggest bridge B. the biggest bridges C. bigger bridges D. bigger bridge ( )15. Each of us has to write ___report every two weeks.
A. along with B. along C. all along D. together with along
A. a one-hundred-words ( )16.They preferred ___ in bed rather than ___ horses.
C. an one-hundred-words D. an one-hundred-word
B. a one-hundred-word ( )17. I like music_____.
A. to lie; to ride B. lying; riding C. to lie; ride D. lying; ride A. that have great lyrics ( )18. ItC. that I sing along B. that I can dance D. that isn’t too loud ( )19.The girls are dancing ___this famous music.
A. of us to eat ’s important _____ healthily.
B. for us to eat C. for us eating D. of us eating
( )20. I prefer watching TV to ______ music every day.
A. at B. to C. on D. for
( )21. My money is not the only thing ______ is missing.
A. listen to B. listen C. listening to D. listening
( )22. I hate people ______ talk much but do little.
A. which B. that C. who D. whose
( )23. Some of her best _______photos are _______ in this exhibition.
A. who B. that C. which D. whose
A. loved; on display ( )24. I like this kind of music that I can dance ______.
C. loved; on the display B. loving; on display D. loving; on the display
( A. to B. in C. with D. along
( )26. ______Yellow River is the second ______river in China.B. wherever C. whatever D. what ever
A. The; longest B. the; longest C. /; longer D. A; longer
( )27. I thought the _______were really funny.
A. ( C.fishmen’fisherman’s wifes wives B. fishermen’s wives ( )28. He finally accepted my advice _____ that I would give him help when necessary. D. fishman’s wife
)29. A. agreed B. and agreed C. to agree D. in agreement ( )30. ____ revision can make you do well in examination, ___it may cost you more time. A. catch If you work harder than before, I think you’ll _____yourB. catch with C. catch with up classmates.
D. catch up with
A. Well-prepared; even if
( )31. He is expecting me _______ tomorrow.
C. Preparing well; but D. Well-preparing; but
B. Prepared-well; even though ( )32. Amy Kim is one of the best _______ Chinese photographers in the world today.
A. to coming B. come C. coming D. to come
( )33.______has been found out ______ oil food is bad for our health.
A. famous B. know C. knew D. to know
( ( )34.Wendy, A. That; that B. That; what her sister, C. It; what D. It; that
)35. Mrs. Taylor C. dislike, unlikes B. used to, is used to D. dislike, dislikes ( ( )36. They C. be used to, used to D. used, be used to
and found the timetable above the blackboard. B. looked for C. looked at )37. There ’s to eat at home. Let ’s go out to find D. looked up
to have dinner. ( )38. My uncle has C. something, everywhere son.
D. everything, nowhere ( C. a 8-years-old ( )39. Is )40. Ask your daughter to take good or bad for us ?
D. an 8-years-old B. eating too much A. exercise, exercise . Don ’C. eating too many t always sit at the table doing D. eating much too ( ( )41. He died C. exercises, exercise B. on, to feel a cold spring morning. It made people D. exercise, exercises
C. in, to feel sad. ( )42. I often see the pretty girl A. to fly B. flying a kite in the park. ( )43. It ’s D. flies
B. interesting to play the same piece of music again and again. )44. If you want to keep A. healthy, healthy , you should eat C. funny D. exciting . ( )45. The place _______interested me most was the Children's Palace.
C. healthy, healthily D. healthily, healthy
( )46. Great changes have taken place since then in the factory ______ we are working.
A. Which B. where C. what D. in which
( )47. Do you know the man _______?
A. where B. that C. which D. there
( )48. This is the hotel _______last month.
A. whom I spoke B. to who spoke C. I spoke to D. that I spoke
A. which they stayed ( )49. Do you know the year ______the Chinese Communist Party was founded?
C. where they stayed at B. at that they stayed D. where they stayed
( )50. That is the day ______I'll never forget.
A. which B. that C. when D. on which
A. which B. on which C. in which D. when
- 13 -
1-5. ABCCD 6-10. ABDBA 11-15. ACBAB 16-20. CDBBC 21-25. BAAAC 26-30. ABDCA 31-35. AADBB 36-40. BBBBD 41-45. DCACA 46-50. ACDCA
- 14 -