1. My mother was out, so I had to ________ my little sister at home.
2. What about ________ in the park on Sunday?
3. Miss Gao often ________ to work.
4. The weather in China _________that in America. 5. The twins were born in New York, but they________ in London.
6. He ________ school at 7:30 every day. 7. ---What do you ________the Chinese people? ---They are very friendly.
8. Jim, let's ________ the stone, it's dangerous on the road.
9. UN________ the United Nations.
10. She often ________ me ________ my English.
What do you do at weekends? Some people like to __1__ at home, but others like to go for a walk __2__ have a picnic. My friend Jack works hard in a factory during the __3__. At weekends he always __4__ the same thing. On Saturday he __5__ his car and on __6__ he takes his family to a nearby village. His uncle and aunt have a farm there. It isn't a __7__ one, but there's always __8__ to do. The children help with the animals and give them their __9__, Jack and his wife help in the fields. At the end of the day, they are all __10__ and Jack's aunt gives them a big meal.
( ) 1. A. play B. live C. stay D. like
( ) 2. A. and B. or C. but D. so
( ) 3. A. day B. time C. autumn D. week
( ) 4. A. does B. makes C. borrows D. has
( ) 5. A. watches B. drives C. sells D. washes
( ) 6. A. Monday B. Sunday C. Saturday D. Wednesday
( ) 7. A. small B. big C. hard D. short
( ) 8. A. much B. little C. fast D. far
( ) 9. A. clothes B. places C. food D. water
( ) 10.A. clean B. late C. angry D. Friendly