Unit1 Star signs
Comic Strip 卡通漫画
1. It’s nice of you to bring me the newspaper, Hobo. 霍波，你把报纸拿给我，真是太好了。 ? 句子结构：It’s +形容词+of sb.+to do sth. 这个结构表示对某人行为的看法。It是形式主语，后面的不定式to do sth 是真正的主语。介词of 引出的不定式的逻辑主语，作表语的形容词都是表示人的特征的。常用于此句型的形容词有：good；kind；nice；wrong；silly；clever；careful；careless；selfish；generous等，例如：
—This purple dress looks good on you. 这件紫色的长裙穿在你身上看上去很漂亮。 —It’s nice of you to say so. 你这样说真是太好了。
It’s selfish of Jim to eat the whole birthday cake. 吉姆真自私，吃完了整个生日蛋糕。 ? bring sb sth “把某物带给某人”, 还可表达为bring sth to sb
Could you bring me a glass of water\ bring a glass of water to me?
温馨提醒：当bring后面的直接宾语为人称代词时，其正确形式为：bring it\ them to sb. 例如： I want to read the book Harry Potter. Please bring it to me.
My books are upstairs. Will you bring them to me?我的书在楼上，您可以把它们拿给我妈？ 辨析：bring 与take
互为对应词。bring 动词，“带来”，强调把东西带到说话的地方来。take 动词，“带走，拿走”。强调把东西带离说话的地方。例如：
上学前妈妈说：Don’t forget to take the raincoat with you. 不要忘记带上雨衣。（带着离开） 放学前老师说：Don’t forget to bring your dictionaries to school tomorrow.
You mustn’t bring your dog here. You can take it there.
巧学妙记：bring是带来，常与come，here连；take是带走，常跟go, there走。 随堂演练：
1. _______ careless of you to park your bike without locking it.
A. That’s B. This is C. It’s D. Its
2. It is very kind ________ you to help me with my English. It’s hard ________me to learn it well.
A. of, for B. of, of C. for, of D. for, for
3. Just before the Chinese class, I suddenly realized that I forgot ______ my Chinese text book.
A. to bring B. bringing C. to take D. taking
4. Sandy, ______ the CD player to me and I want to _______ it to my brother.
A. take, bring B. take, take C. bring, take D. bring, bring
2. It says I’ll have lots to eat and drink today. 上面写着今天我将有许多吃的和喝的。 ? Say 表示“在……上写着或显示着”。以下这些词一般可以作为主语：sign, letter, note, newspaper, notice, guidebook, instruction 等。例如：
The notice on the board says “ Keep quiet”. 木板上的告示写着“保持安静”。
Tom found a note on the table and it said, “ Don’t forget to water the flowers!”
The newspaper didn’t say where he was born. 报纸上没有说他出生在哪里。
—What time is it now? 现在几点？
—My watch says 8:00. 我的手表显示是8点。
? Have lots to eat and drink= have a lot to eat and drink “有许多吃的和喝的”, 其中to eat and
drink 作lots 的后置定语。在英语中动词不定式，介词短语等作定语修饰名词或代词时要放在名词或代词的后面。例如：
I have a lot of homework to do every day. 我每天有很多家庭作业要做。
Tigers in the zoo have nothing to do everyday. 动物园的老虎整天无所事事。
Does he have the ability to do the work? 他有能力做这份工作吗？
（1） Now we have ________ to eat and drink every day.
A. lots of B. a lot of C. many D. lots
（2） —Can’t you see the sign? It _________ “Keep off the grass”.
A. said B. says C. wrote D. writes
（3） —Shall we go shopping？
—Sorry，I have a lot of clothes _______ every day.
A. to be washed B. to wash C. washing D. washed
（1）The newspaper ____________ (写着) the temperature will drop a lot next week.
（2）—Where is your brother?
—He is busy _____________(写) a letter.
3. Well，you shouldn’t worry about not having breakfast then. 那你就不用担心没有早饭吃了。 worry about sth. \ not doing sth “(不)为……担心” “(不)为……犯愁” 例如：
His parents always worry about his health. 他的父母总是担心他的健康。
We are worrying about having no time to see her. 我们正在为没有时间看她而发愁。 Mary often worries about not having enough sleep because of too much work.
You look unhappy. What’s worrying you? 你看上去不开心，什么事使你烦恼？
B. worry 不及物动词，“担心， 忧虑”，例如
Sometimes you worry too much. 有时你担心太多了。
Tell them not to worry. 告诉他们别担心。
C. worry 名词，“令人烦恼的事”，常用复数。例如：
Don’t keep worries to yourself. You can share them with me.
D. worried 形容词，“忧虑的，担心的”。例如：
My friend, Helen, looks worried. But I don’t know what happened.
My mother is worried about my schoolwork. 我的妈妈担心我的功课。
worry sb. 使某人担心
worry about 担心某人
Grandmother’s health often worries me. 奶奶的健康经常让我担心。
I often worry about Grandmother’s health. 我经常担心奶奶的健康。
1. I always ask my teacher for help when something _________ (worry) me.
2. Half an hour later, he became very ____________ (worry).
3. —You look unhappy. What’s wrong with you?
—The maths exam is coming. I’m _______ (worry) about it.
4. You needn’t worry about ___________(not have) new friends in our school.
4. Millie is already familiar with the 12 animal signs in Chinese culture.
The man in the car looks quite familiar. 轿车里的人看上去很面熟。
比较： be familiar with sb. \sth. 通晓某事，熟悉某人，主语是人
be familiar to sb 为某人所熟悉，主语是物。例如：
Jim is familiar with the rules of football. 吉姆熟知足球规则。
That is the book familiar to us all. 那是我们所熟知的书。
He is familiar _____ English and his name is familiar _____ us all.
A. with; with B. to; to C. with; to D. to; with
1. A year is divided into 12 different star signs. 一年被分为12个不同的星座。
divide 动词，“分，分开”，常用短语divide sb.\ sth. into, 其被动结构是 sb\ sth be divided into 例如：
Let’s divide ourselves into four groups. 让我们把自己分成四个组吧。
Please divide the apple into two halves. 请把苹果分成两半。
Our class was divided into ten groups when we took a trip to Shanghai.
There is only one cake but three children here, so you had better _______（分）the cake into three pieces.
A year can be _______ 12 months.
A. divide into B. divided into C. divide from D. divided from
2. Some people believe that people born under the same star sign share similar characteristics. 一些人认为生于同一星座的人具有相似的性格特征。
? People born under the same star sign “出生在同一星座的人”, born 是过去分词，这里是分
词短语作定语，可以和定语从句转换。People born under the same star sign = people who are born under the same star sign. 例如： Ding. 现在很多青少年喜欢阅读萧鼎的作品。
? Similar 形容词，“相似的，类似的”。 同义词 alike
All big cities are quite similar. 所有的大城市都不同小异。
The two words have similar meanings. 这两个单词意思相似。
常用短语： be similar to “与……相似， 类似于…….”
Mary’s hat is similar is to mine. 玛丽的帽子和我的相似。
The two pieces of music sound similar to each other. 这两首音乐听起来很相似。
? Characteristic 名词，“特征，特性”。例如：
The twins have different characteristics. 这对双胞胎有截然不同的性格特征。
We shouldn’t buy clothes _______ ________ animal fur.
We _________ _________ under the same star _______.
—You and I _______ _______ _________.
—Yes. That’s why we become good friends.
She is _____ her mother in many ways.
A. likes B. similar to C. alike D. similar with
3. You are energetic and active, but sometimes too impatient.
? energetic 形容词，“精力充沛的”。例如：
Our English teacher is always energetic. 我们的英语老师总是精力充沛。
The old woman is an energetic member in the club.
拓展：energy 名词，“精力， 能量”. 例如：
We need a lot of energy every day. 我们每天都需要很多能量。
He is a person full of energy. He can walk for an hour without getting tired.
? active 形容词，“积极的， 活跃的”，反义词 inactive; 名词activity
Our monitor is very active in class. 我们班长在课上很积极。
Amy doesn’t like to take part in school activities at all. She is an inactive girl.
常用短语：take an active part in … “积极参加…..”
We should take an active part in school activities. 我们应当积极参加学校的活动。
We should actively take action to protect wild animals. 我们应当积极采取行动保护野生动物。
? impatient形容词，“不耐心的，急躁的”，反义词patient. 例如：
I was waiting here for her over an hour and I was getting impatient.
—How is your deskmate? 你同桌如何？
—She is patient enough to explain everything to me when I ask her questions.
常用短语：be impatient\ patient with sb “对某人没有\有耐心”. 例如：
Teachers should try not to be too impatient with their students. 老师应该尽量对学生有耐心。You must be very patient with her, as she has been ill for months.
拓展：patient 名词， “病人”
The hospital has a lot of patients. 这家医院有很多病人。
（1） Lily’s star sign is Aries. She is an ___________(energy) girl.
（2） Young people usually have more _________(energy) than the old.
（3） He always works until midnight, but he still looks ________(energy) in the daytime.
（4） Don’t be _________ (patient)! I’m sure you can work out the problem.
（5） An _________(patient) person can’t wait for a minute.
（6） —Does Daniel often put up his hands in class?
—No. He’s very _________(active).
（7） Chinese national teams are _______ (active) preparing for 2016 Olympic Games.
（1） The old woman is ___________ (has lots of energy) and dances for two hours.
（2） As a teacher, you should be________ to your students.
3. Some people think that you are selfish at times. 一些人认为你有时很自私。
He is so selfish that nobody likes him. 他如此自私以至于没有人喜欢他。
It’s selfish of sb. (not) to do sth. 某人（不）做某事是自私的。例如：
It’s selfish of you to eat all the food.
It’s selfish of her not to help me move the desk. 她很自私，不帮我搬桌子。
? at times “有时”, 同from time to time 和sometimes 例如：
That outgoing boy asks some strange questions at times.
比较： at times 有时 at a time 一次
1. ______ of him to leave all the work to you.
A. That was selfish B. This was kind C. It was selfish D. There was kind
2. Don’t be _______. You should think of others first.
A. proud B. modest C. selfish D. angry
3. A female giant panda has two babies _______.
A. at times B. at a time C. at time D. at some time
4. You are patient and do not give up easily. 你有耐心，不轻易放弃。
give up “ 放弃，认输，投降”。例如：
We shouldn’t give up easily when we meet difficulties. 当遇到困难时我们不应该轻易放弃。 give up doing sth. “放弃做某事”. 例如：
You must give up smoking because it’s bad for your health.
温馨提示：give up 是动副结构，当用代词it和them 做宾语时，我们只能用give it\them up.例如：
Staying up late is bad for your health. Please give it up. 熬夜对身体有害，请改掉它吧。 拓展：give常用短语：
give out “分发” “散发” give back “归还”相当于return
give away “送人”“泄露” give off “散发出（光声气味等）
give in “屈服”
1. —Please don’t give up easily. Hope is always around you.
A. Thank you, I won’t B. Yes, I won’t C. No, I will. D. Yes, I will.
2. He never ________ learning English. That was why he was successful at last.
A. gave in B. gave away C. gave out D. gave up