21. ---Did you have a good time at Tom’s house last night?
---Yes. Because he made _______ feel at home.
A. us B. him C. them
22. My uncle is a _______ in the countryside and he provides us with vegetables and fruits every year.
A. chef B. soldier C. farmer
23. I couldn’t find my book yesterday. Maybe my partner took it _______ mistake.
A. in B. by C. with
24. Spring Festival is coming. I’ll _______ my room. I don’t want to live in a dirty place. A. cheer up B. clean up C. show up
25.Though ________ people can’t see, they can feel the world with their hearts.
A. blind B. deaf C. heavy
26.My sister didn’t get _____ until she got the highest degree in education. And she had a happy family.
A. injured B. married C. dressed
27. ---My car has broken down. Will you please ________ yours to me.
--- No problem.
A. lend B. throw C. borrow
28. ---I wonder _______ I can pass the exam.
---Don’t be stressed out. You’re sure to pass it.
A. that B. if C. why
29. My father doesn’t feel well these days. But he _______ the doctor’s appointment again and again because he is really busy.
A. puts off B. takes off C. turns off
30. It is a good idea to open the window to let the ______ air come in every day.
A．empty B．magic C．fresh
31. He ______________ his father. They are both energetic and they both like sports.
A. takes after B. drops by C. cares about
32. ---_______________ do you usually hang out on weekends?
---The park. We like to enjoy the free concerts in it.
A. What B. When C. Where
33. --- Make sure all the lights _________ when you leave the room.
---Ok, I will. A. turn off B. are turned off C. turned off
34. He planned to buy a big house. Finally he ________it and he was pleased.
A. failed B. lost C. made
35. --- Could you please tell me _________ ?
---Walk along the road, and turn left at the second crossing.
A. how far the post office is B. how I can get to the post office
C. what I can buy in the post office
There are many kind people in every part of the world. They like to work as volunteers to help others. For example, some high school and college students in the USA often many hours as volunteers in hospitals, orphanages(孤儿院) or Old People’s Home to take care the old. They read books to the people in these places, or they just visit them and play games with them or listen to problem.
Other young volunteers go and work in sick or old people’s house. They paint, clean up or repair furniture, do shopping and water flowers for them. Some volunteers even a center called Big Brothers for boys who no longer have fathers. College students take these to baseball games, horse riding or on fishing trips. They try to them more activities that boys usually do with their fathers.
In cities volunteers also work in many clubs. Boys and girls can go there to play games or learn arts. Some of these clubs show movies or short trips. On these trips they take boys and girls to the beaches to see the beautiful and college students as volunteers they are young enough to remember the problems of younger boys and girls.
Volunteers believe that the people in the world are those who help to bring happiness. Because helping other brings them much pleasure.
36. A. waste B. spend C. pay
37. A. for B. after C. of
38. A. our B. their C. your
39. A. set up B. give up C. fix up
40. A. boys B. students C. fathers
41. A. offer B. ask C. fetch
42. A. organize B. realize C. refuse
43. A. lands B. sights C. bushes
44. A. though B. because C. however
45.A. kindest B. healthiest C. happiest
You can come and play basketball and volleyball in our club every Tuesday evening from 6:30-8:30. You don’t have to pay for anything. It’s all free! Just show up and play!
We will provide other sports things, too! All you have to bring are your running shoes, a change of clothes and your best sport spirit!
It’s a great way to meet new friends and teachers, too! Everyone is invited: girls, boys, beginners and experts!
Our club is inside the King Edward Public School.
The Map of the Club
46. You can __________ in the club.
A. buy running shoes B. do all kinds of sports
C. play basketball and volleyball
47. In the club, you need to pay for A. everything B. a coach C. nothing
48. When you play sports in the club, you are supposed to bring with you.
A. your new friends B. running shoes C. a basketball
49. If you are at the Bus Station and you want to go to the club, you walk along First Street and
A. take the second turning on the left B. take the first turning on the right
C. take the third turning on the right
50.This article is probably a .
A. story B. poster C. comic
My husband hasn’t stopped laughing about the thing that happened to me. It’s funny now but
it wasn’t at that time.
Last Friday, after doing all the family shopping in town, I wanted to have a rest while I was
waiting for the train. I bought a newspaper and some chocolate and went into the station coffee shop. It was a cheap self-service place with long tables to sit at. I put my heavy bag down on the floor, put the newspaper and chocolate on the table to keep a place and then went to get a cup of coffee.
When I came back with the coffee, there was someone sitting in the next seat. It was a
wild-looking young man who was wearing dark glasses and old clothes with bright red hair at the front. To my surprise, he had started to eat my chocolate!
Naturally, I was rather unhappy with him, but I didn’t want to have any trouble. I just looked
down at the front page of the newspaper, tasted my coffee and took a bit of chocolate. The young I thought, “Well, I shall have the last piece.” And I got it.
The boy gave me a strange look, and then stood up. As he left he shouted out, “That woman
is crazy!” Everyone looked at me, but I did not want to argue with him, so I kept quite. I did not
realize that I had made a mistake until I finished my coffee and was going to leave. My face turned red when I saw my unopened chocolate under the newspaper. The chocolate that I had been eating was the young man’s!
51. The woman went to town to __________.
A. buy some chocolate and coffee B. read newspaper and have a rest
C. do some shopping for her family
52. When the woman came back with the coffee, she was surprised because she saw _________ .
A. a young man was eating the chocolate
B. a young man was sitting next to her seat
C. a young man was wearing dark glasses and old clothes
53. The underline word closely means “_______”in Chinese.
A. 节省地 B. 亲密地 C. 仔细地
54. The woman found her mistake ___________.
A. after she got home B. before she left the coffee shop C. before she finished her coffee
55. _________ was embarrassed at last.
A. The woman B. The young woman C. The woman’s husband
What do you usually use mobile phone for? Sending text message(文本信息)for fun? Playing games? Well, mobile phones can d far more than that. During the Asian tsunami(海啸) in 2004, mobile phones many lives.
People were using more than 10,000 international phones when the tsunami hit. Police sent text messages to them and found more than 2,000 tourists. But how? They followed the signal(信号)and found out where the tourists were.
So, how can the small phones be so smart? Well, here’s how.
When you turn the phone on, it tries to find a signal. This signal comes from the telephone network. When the phone is seeking a signal, it also sends a message to the telephone network. This message tells the station where the phone is.
When you start to make a phone call, the telephone network tells telecommunication(电信)offices where you are. The offices will find out who you’re calling, then put you though to your friend. When you start to talk, the equipment in the phone changes your voice into electric signals. These signals travel across the telephone network and reach your friend’s phone. Then hid phone changes the signals into your voice again. Finally, you can hear each other.
56. Are mobile phone only used for playing games?
57. How many tourists were found by police using text messages in the Asian tsunami?
58. When does the phone send a message to the telephone network?
59. How do the telecommunication offices know where you are when you make a phone call?
60. What do you think of mobile phones according to the article?
62. I think I should candy because I an so heavy.
63. The girl likes spending time with her friends. She feels ______________ when they stay together.
64. Be quiet, please. The headmaster will the results of contest.
65. Knives are used for _____________ things.
visit）a paper factory in a village. The village used to be poor. Since the factory build）three years ago, it has helped the village out. But there is a problem. We found the factory was pouring waste water into a lake. The lake provides people there with drinking water. We think the factory is supposed to stop）the pollution at once because it might make people sick. Now we （write）to you to let you know about it. We hope you can offer some help. If the factory adjusts some strategies, we’re sure the village （be）a better place for people to live in.
Zhu Yi, Li Wei
A: Hi, Nick! It seems you’re busy now. B: I’m trying to start the machine. I bought it just now.
A: I haven’t seen this kind of machine before. B: It’s used for baking bread at home.
show me how to use it?
B: Sure, I’d love to! Look! It’s very easy.
B: Of course. I bought it in Huaxin Supermarket.
A: But I don’t know the way to the supermarket.
B: Don’t worry. No.3 bus can take you there.
A: That’s great. I’ll go there tomorrow morning. Thank you!
英国交换生Tom要来中国进行为期一年的学习。在来之前，他很想了解一些关于中国学生学校生活的情况，希望能够帮组他解答“what is he supposed to do at school?”这个问题。假如你是他在中国的笔友王琳，请给他发一封e-mail, 介绍相关的情况。（不少于60词） Dear Tom,
I’m glad to hear that you’ll come to China on one-year exchange program. Let me tell you _________ _______________________________________________________________________________