1. Li Lei: ________________, Tom. Do you have an English dictionary?
Tom: Sorry, I don?t.
Li Lei: Well, _______________________________?
Tom: I think David has one. _________________________________.
Li Lei: David, Do you have an English dictionary?
David: Yes. ___________________.
LiLei: Thank you.
2. A: _________________________________?
B: Yes, please. I want a shirt for my son.
B: White or blue.
A: Look, we have different colors. Which would you like?
B: I think the blue one is nice. ________________________________?
A: It?s 180 yuan.
A: Here you are.
A: You?re welcome.
3. A: Hi, Tom, this is my friend, June.
B: Hi, June. ______________________.
A: Nice to meet you, too.
B: Hi, June. ______________________, OK? Do you have a tennis racket?
A: Sorry, I don?t. But I have a basketball. _________________________?
B: Yes, I can play it very well.
A: Good! _____________________.
B: That sounds fun!
4. A: Do you want to go to a movie, Edward?
B: Yes, _________________.
B: Well, I like comedies because they?re funny. ___________________________?
A: I don?t comedies but I like action movies. I think they are very interesting.
A: Jackie Chen.
A: Because he is funny.
5. A: Excuse me, _________________________________________?
B: I have bread and milk for breakfast every day.
A: Do you like them?
B: ____________________. But the doctor says they?re good for my health.
A: By the way, do you like junk food?
B: ___________________________. But I try to eat it only once a week.
B: I sleep for 10 hours every night.
A: Oh, I think you must be in good health.
6. A: Hi, _______________________________?
B: Yes, please. I want to join the swimming club.
A: Good. ____________________________?
B: My last name is Zhang.
B: I am fifteen years old.
B: Yes, a little. I want to be a good swimmer.
B: Yes, it?s .
A: OK, thanks a lot.
7. A: Hi, Ming, ____________________________?
B: My favorite subject is math. I think it?s fun and I really like it. ___________________? A: I think English is my favorite.
A: Because it?s interesting.
B: Miss Zhao. She is great.
B: I have English every day.
A: Are you good at speaking English?
B: _________________. It?s difficult for me. But I like it. I am trying to learn it well. A: ___________________! Wish you success.
Ann and her mother are going to the Great Wall on a Sunday morning. It is a fine
morning. They are sitting in a big bus. Many people are in the bus, they are from different countries. Some are Americans and some of them come from England. They all want to visit the Great Wall. There are two Chinese in the bus. One is driving the bus，the other is a young girl. She speaks English well. She is now talking about the Great Wall to them in English. She tells them many stories. There is an old saying(谚语): . They all want to see it very much.
1. Where are the foreigners from? _____________________________________
2. What?s the weather like on that day? _____________________________________
3. What do the foreigners want to do? _____________________________________
4. Who is driving the bus? ______________________________________
5. 将文中的划线的句子译成汉语。 _______________________________________
The Spring Festival is our Chinese people's festival. Chinese people, home and abroad, celebrate it each year. There are different names for each Chinese year. We call it the year of the dog, the year of the pig, the year of the monkey ...And the year is the year of tiger.
Before the day of the festival, people are busy shopping and cleaning their houses. On the
Eve, there is a big family dinner. After dinner, all the family stay up late to welcome the New Year. In the middle of the night, people usually have dumplings and watch many kinds of parties on TV. On the first day of the New Year, people put on their new clothes and go to visit their friends. They say "Happy New Year" and some other greetings to each other. People have a good time during the festival.
1. The Spring Festival is ___________________.
2. We call this year the year of the _______________________.
3. What kind of names do people use to call each Chinese year?
4. What do people do before the days of the festival?
5. What do Chinese people do in the middle of the night?
Jack is six years old. He has no sisters. But he has a brother. His brother?s name is Mike. Jack likes eating apples, oranges and bananas. Sometimes he eats some of his brother?s apples. And Mike often hits (打) him for this. He doesn?t like Mike then. This September he is going to school. It?s his ninth day at school. Jack and his classmates are having a new lesson.
“Jack, what is five minus three, please?” asks the teacher. “It?s ……It?s ……”
“Now, listen to me,” says the teacher, “if your sister has five apples, and you eat three of them……”
“But I have no sister.” Jack says.
“Oh, sorry. But do you have any brothers?”
“Yes.” “Now, if your brother has five apples, and you eat three of them, tell me now……” ” Jack says quickly.
1. Mike often hits Jack because_____________________________.
2. It?s not right for_____________________ to hit Jack.
3. Jack and his classmates are having a ______________________ lesson.
4. Five minus three is________________________.
Terry and Anna live in Chicago．Their address is No．15 School Street．They live on the second floor．Terry is from Japan．He speaks English and Japanese．He's a doctor．He works at Mercy Hospital．Anna works at Mercy Hospital，too，but she's not a doctor．She's a secretary（秘书）．Her office is on the first floor．She fills in forms（填表）for the doctors．Anna is from New York．She speaks English．She understands some Japanese，but she doesn't speak it very well．
Terry and Anna like music very much．Terry plays the guitar and Anna plays the piano．They play music or listen to music on the radio every night after work．
1．The address of Anna's is ______________．
2．Terry and Anna live and work in the ________________place．
3．Terry is______________ but he can speak _____________．
4．Anna doesn't know Japanese，right？________________
5．What does“play music”mean（意思）here？__________________________________ （Explain it by using a sentence in the passage．用短文中的一句话解释。）
American schools begin in September after a long summer holiday. There are two terms(学期) in a school year. The first term is from September to January, and the second is from February to June. Most American children begin to go to school when they are five years old. Most students are seventeen or eighteen years old when they finish high school. High school students take only four or five subjects(学科) each term. They usually go to the same classes every day, and they have homework for every class. After class they do many interesting things. After high school, many students go to college(大学). They can go to a small one or a large one. So many college students work after class to get the money for their studies.
1. Many American children go to school when they are______________________.
2. High school students _________________________ after class.
3. After high school, many students _______________________________________.
4. Many college students work after class because ________________________________.
5. From the reading we know that in America a summer holiday begins in_______________.
1. Sorry, I don’t. / You can go and ask David. / Here you are.
2. Yes, please./ Here is the blue one./ What about the red one? /How much is it?
/ I’ll take it./ Thank you
3. Nice to meet you/ Let’s play tennis/ Can you play basketball/ Let’s go and play basketball
4. that sounds good/ What kind of movies do you like/ What about you/
Who’s your favorite star/ Why do you like him
5. May I ask your some questions/ What do you usually have for breakfast/ No, I don’t/ Yes, I do/ Because it is bad for my healthy/ I sleep for eight hours
6. can you help me/ May I know your name/ What’s your last name/ How are you/ Can you swim/ May I have your e-mail address/ You’re welcome
7. what’s your favorite subject/ How about you/ Why do you like English/
Who’s your English teacher/ When do you have English/ No, I am not/ Great
1.They are from different countries.
2. It is fine.
3. They want to visit the Great Wall.
4. The young girl.
1. our Chinese people’s festival.
3. People use to call it the year of the dog and the pig and monkey.
4. People are busy shopping and cleaning their houses.
5. They usually have dumplings and watch many kind of parties on TV.
1. sometimes Jack eats some of his apples.
1. No.15 School Street.
4. No, she doesn’t.
5. play the guitar and the piano.
1. five years old 2. do many interesting things 3. go to college
4. they want to get some money for their studies 5. June