21.—Excuse me, could you tell me _______ a book about music?
—Sure. They are on the second floor.
A. where can I buy B. where I can buy C. when I can buy D when I can buy
22. could you please ______ us Mary’s telephone number?
A. to give B. give C. giving D. to giving
23. — I don’t have a partner to practice English_______.
— Why not ________ an English language club?
A. to; join B. with; to join C. with; join D. from; join
24. We can deal __、___ our problems by ________ them as challenges.
A. with; regard B. with; regarding C. for; thinking D. for; think
25. My hometown has changed a lot. It is 、____longer what it used _______.
A. not; to. B. not; to be C. no; to be D. no, to
26. What _______、_ you do if you ______ me?
A. would; were B. will; were
27. Singing the song will help you_、C. would; are D. will; are ______ when you feel stressed out.
C. put up D. think up A. set up B. cheer up
28. Salt ______、_ in East and South China.
A. produce B. is produce C. is produced D. produced
29. — What ____、_ your bike yesterday?
— It didn’t work.
A. was happened in B. happened in C. was happened to D. happened to
30. By the time I got to school, I realized that I _______ my pen at home.
A. have forgotten B. have left C. had forgotten D. had left
九年级英语 第 1 页 (共 8 页)
31. I was late today because alarm clock didn’t ______ .
A. run off B. go off C. give out D. give up
32.Soft colors like pink and light blue make people ______, so they spend more time _______their meals.
A. relax; eat B. relaxed; ate C. relaxed; eating D. relaxing; eating
33. — Can you come and play football with me?
—______. I have a lot of homework to do.
A. Excuse me B. I’d like to C. I’m afraid not D. It’s a pleasure
34. I _______ riding my bike______ taking buses to school.
A. prefer; to B. prefer; rather than C. would like; to D. would rather; than
35.The earth will become worse and worse _____ we do something to stop her from being
A. if B. even if C. when D. unless
I went back to China as soon as school was over at the end of June. And I returned to Canada on August 17th.
It’to go back to China this summer, because of the A(H1N1) flu. Everybody 口罩) on the plane, as my mom suggested. However, it was not to wear a mask for ten hours. I decided to put the masks into my bag wearing them.
Everything seemed the flight. I saw only five people wear masks all the came into the plane and took our temperature. Fortunately, had a fever. Therefore, I was able to get home on time.
However, everything went wrong after I got home. I became sick, with a sore throat and a fever because I had not mom’s words. Luckily, I just had a common . while I was sick in bed, I thought that if I had listened to my mom at first, I would
九年级英语 第 2 页 (共 8 页)
have never caught the cold.
It’s always wise to listen to your mom’s suggestions. 36. A. difficult 37. A. happy
D. important D. sad D. comfortable D. except for D. during D. reporters D. everybody D. understood D. headache D. probably
B. nervous C. excited B. healthy B. instead of B. by B. doctors
C. unfair C. because of C. after
38. A. necessary 39. A. thanks for 40. A. before 41. A. policemen 42. A. somebody 43. A. followed
C. engineers C. nobody C. known C. cold
B. anybody B. heard
44. A. stomachache B. toothache 45. A. differently 四、阅读理解
B. particularly C. usually
(一) 阅读短文，完成46—55小题。（共10小题，计10分） A
This is the VOA Special English Agriculture Report.
One of the sweetest gifts of nature is a red, ripe strawberry. There are three basic kinds of strawberries: June bearing, ever bearing and day neutrals.
June bearing are ready in the spring, so they are also called spring bearing. But gardeners will not get a crop during the first spring after planting. Ever bearing , when planted after the last winter freeze, will produce fruit during spring or early summer. A second or sometimes third crop will be ready in late summer. Day neutrals produce fruit throughout the summer months.
The University of Illinois Urban Extension says ever bearers and day neutrals are especially good for home gardens. Plant strawberries in the spring as soon as the soil is dry enough. Try to plant late in the day or on a cloudy day. The soil should cover just the roots and not the crown on top of the plant. Runners will appear in a few weeks.
九年级英语 第 3 页 (共 8 页)
Strawberries grown in containers（容器） need a soil depth of about twenty-five to thirty centimeters. Be sure the container has holes in the bottom.
Strawberries grow well in loamy soil（沃土） that lets water pass through easily. Carl Wilson at the Colorado State University Extension suggests mixing about three to five percent organic（有机的） material into the soil.
46.The strawberry is a kind of fruit with red color and sweet taste.
47. June bearing is usually planted in winter of last year.
48.strawberries can grow both in gardens and in containers.
49. the right time to plant strawberries is on a wet day.
50. strawberries only produce fruit once.
Britain’s sa famous British newspaper reported in May.
The newspaper said the six-year-old girl’s parents were unhappy with a teacher who just got the new job to teach the only pupil.
The school had been closed for the last nine months after its former (前任的) teacher retired（退休）and the only other pupil moved on to a secondary school. The new teacher, Ms Puckey, was to start teaching the girl and reopen the school.
But the girl’s mother is keeping her daughter at home.
“I was not pleased with the new teacher,” the mother said, “I had told the old teacher as far back as last September that if Ms Puckey got the job, my children would not be going to school.”
九年级英语 第 4 页 (共 8 页)
The school lies on an island off the northeast coast of Scotland. Although there was only one pupil, the school is very good in many ways and has a headmaster, three computers, a television and an art room as well as a school house with three bedrooms.
51. The reading is about_________.
A. the smallest school that was closed down
B. the only pupil in the smallest school
C. the new teacher and her teaching
D. the old teacher who just retired
52. “turn up” in the reading means_________.
A. pass an exam
C. pay money
53. From the reading we can know that the school_____.
A. is too far for the students B. does not have enough teachers B. go to school D. hand in homework
C. does not have many pupils D. is new but small
54. Before the school was closed down_________.
A. the girl’s mother wanted to teach her daughter at home
B. the only pupil had to move to a secondary school
C. a famous newspaper had written something about it
D. the girl’s mother had a talk to the former teacher
55. The reading doesn’t say but we can infer (推断) that_______.
A. the girl’s mother had only one child
B. the new teacher was not kind to the girl
C. the old teacher was fit to teach the girl
D. the parents were unhappy with the school
Welcome to London, one of the most exciting cities in the world. There are lots of things to see and to do in London.
九年级英语 第 5 页 (共 8 页)
There are many beautiful old buildings and monuments in London. See Big Ben and the House of Parliament, which stand on the River Thames near Westminster Abbey. Go Down the river to the Tower of London, and visit St Paul’s Cathedral.
Go to Oxford Street, where there are several large department stores, or to Knightsbridge, the home of Harrods. If you like small shops, there is an attractive shopping center in Covent Garden. And London has over 100 street markets.
London is well-known for its many theaters. Try and get tickets for the National Theater, a modern building containing three theaters on the south bank of the Thames.
If you like classical music, go to a concert at the Royal Albert Hall or the Royal Festival Hall. You can hear excellent Jazz at Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Club.
etc. Sometimes it’s hard to find an English restaurant.
66. Give this passage a proper title (给这段文章一个恰当的标题):
67. Where do Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament stand?
68. What building contains three theaters in London?
69. what kind of restaurants is sometimes hard to be find in London?
九年级英语 第 6 页 (共 8 页)
71. His illness is even 72. You’d better not ____________( stay) up too late tonight, because you’ll have to take a
73. Edison had more than one thousand _____________(invent) during his lifetime.
74. The workers in the factory is made _______________ (work)16 hours every day.
75. —Jim’s sister and her husband are a happy couple.
—When did they get ___________(marry).
82. We have to _____________(想出) some new ideas to solve the environment problems.
83. The police found the lost car ______(偶然地).
84. Watching the new TV play Yimeng___ ____me___ _____(使我想起)my hometown.
85. I _________ (有困难)in learning grammar and memorizing new words.
九年级英语 第 7 页 (共 8 页)
21-25 B B C B C 26-30 A B C D D 31-35 B C C A D
36-40 ABDBD 41-45 BCACD
46-50 ABABB 51-55ABCDC
66.Travel in London.
67. On the River Thames near Westminster Abbey.
68.The National Theater
69. English restaurant.
71.worse 72. stay 73 inventions 74.to work 75.married
76. Did, use 77. Did they 78.what, should 79. which/that, has
80. are used for writing 81.too busy to
82.come up with 83. by accident 84. reminds/reminded me of 85.have trouble/difficulty
九年级英语 第 8 页 (共 8 页)