Part 1 Listening （第一部分 听力）
I. Listening comprehension (听力理解) (共30 分)
A.Listen and choose the right picture (根据你听到的内容，选出相应的图片) (6 分)
B. Listen to the dialogue and choose the best answer to the question you hear (根据你听到的对话和问题，选出最恰当的答案)：(8分)
7. A) yes, of course B)It?s hard to say. C) I didn?t know. D) No, she needn?t.
8. A)Physics B) Geography C) Maths D) Chemistry
9. A) 10 B) 40 C) 50 D) 60
10. A) The red car. B) The white car. C) The blue car. D) The yellow car.
11. A) Britain. B) Chile C) France. D) Australia.
12. A)On the road. B) In the hospital C) In the classroom. D)In the bank.
13. A) Before he came to the UK. B) Before he came to China.
C) After he came to China. D) When he was a little boy.
14. A) Husband and wife. B) Police and driver C) Father and daughter. D) Waiter and customer.
C．Listen to the passage and tell whether the following statements are true or false (判断下列句子是否符合你听到的短文内容，符合的用“T”表示，不符合的用“F”表示): (6分)
15. The story took place on a dark and cold night.
16. The taxi driver went to the railway station to meet the young man.
17. The driver felt happy when he saw a young man coming out of the railway station.
18. The hotel .was far from the railway station.
19. The driver took the young man through many streets to get more money from him. 20. From the story we know that it wasn?t the first time for the young man to be fooled.
D. Listen to the passage and fill in the blanks (听短文填空，完成下列内容。每空格限填一词)：(10分)
21. When John Mayer was 13 years old, one of the neighbors to the
blues.(布鲁斯音乐). 22. John Mayer became a frequent performer in local and clubs. 23. But John Mayer that the world of guitar was not enough for him, so
he began to write songs.
24. John Mayer?s song “No Such Thing” has been the No.1 CD in
Chicago, Boston and several other America cities.
25. John Mayer once said in his acceptance speech,” It has always been
Part 2 Phonetics, Vocabulary and Grammar
II．Choose the best answer (选择最恰当的答案) ：（共20分）
26. word in the sentence?
28. This is a used car. It?s much cheaper than a new one.
31. A) the B)an C) a D) / 29. Every year Alice spends money on new clothes. A) many B)a large number of C) quite a few D) huge amounts of We shall have a holiday after the final exam. A) three weeks B) three-week C) three week?s D) three -weeks He was too angry to say
A) nothing B) something C) anything D) everything B) ['pr?:m?s] C)['pr?:mes] D)['pr?m?s] 27. Which of the following is underlined parts is different in pronunciation with the three
32. The World Trade Center in New York was destroyed by terrorist attacks
September 11, 2001.
A) in A) lovely B) by B)wonderfully C)at C) happily D) on D) beautifully 33. The little girl is wearing a new skirt now. She looks .
34. Who drives
36. A) the most careful B)more careful C) the most carefully D)more carefully of the surface of the earth covered with water. A) Seven-tens...are B) Seven-tens..is C) Seven-tenth...is D) Seven-tenth...are The rain yet. You?d better not go out.
A) hasn?t stopped B) didn?t stop C) won?t stop D) doesn?t stop
37. A lot of water in Shanghai every year. It?s a big problem.
A) wastes B) is wasted C) have been wasted D) is wasting
38. I really don?t know ________ this question.
A)which to do B) which to answer C) what to do D) how to answer
39. Julia has been busy plans for her wedding.
A) make B) to make C) made D) making
40. Fresh water is precious it is sometimes called liquid gold.
A) such...that B) too...to C) as...as D) so ...that
41. Mike didn?t tell us A) if he will give us a lecture B) Whether he would go with us
C) When he has started D) When he will arrive
42. Human brains can hardly calculate faster than a computer, A) are they B) aren?t they C) can?t they D)can they
A) lays B) lying C) lies D) laid
44. A: Would you mind my opening the window?
B) I?m afraid it?s too windy
D)Sure. I?m going to close it soon.
C) California D) Los Angeles
A) I would C) Yes, please go ahead. A)New York B) Hawaii 45. Which of the following is NOT a state of the United States?
“Wild Man of Shennongjia（神农架）” has long been a mystery to people. Since the 1970s, many local people have sighted the wild man in the area. From 1976 to 1981, the Chinese scientists had made three scientific expeditions(科学考察) during which they only found some indirect evidence. But recently Chinese scientists are again becoming excited the fact that a large
hairy animal may live in central China. Now they hope it won't be too long before they are able to its existence(存在). Their confidence is the result of a new discovery of the mystery animal in Hubei Province.
Ten Chinese engineers, enjoying a holiday in a National Forest Park, were driving down a road. As their bus turned a corner, the men were amazed by what they saw. Three tall animals, covered with long black hair, were crossing the road. On seeing the animal, the engineers immediately stopped and ran after hem. However, when they saw how the animals moved the forest with great speed and strength, they did not dare to follow any further.
However, scientists are delighted by the discovery, because the engineers were all very educated people and scientists feel they can footprints. About 20 inches appears to be the animal's foot！ Chinese scientists have now set up a of the forest. But in the meantime, to believe that this half-man, half-monkey exists. They will not believe that it is real until one of the animals have been caught.
Ⅳ. Complete the sentences with the given words in their proper forms（用括号中所给单词
54. My new flat is on the __________floor of the building. (nine)
55. Floods are the No.1 natural ____________ in China during the summer season every year. (kill)
56.I?m ____________ sorry for what I have done. (terrible)
57.Everyone should know the _____________ of saving water. (important)
58. Yesterday the _____________ of traffic accident were taken to Baoshan Hospital at once.
59. “My shirts is too long for me, dear. You ?d better _____________ it.” George said to his wife.
60. Jane is a shy girl who _____________ speaking in public. (like )
61. They chose Mr. Brown ____________ of the Students? Union. (chair)
V. Rewrite the following sentences as required（根据所给要求，改写下列句子,每空格限填
62.Mr Brown wants to buy a new car. (改为一般疑问句）
________ Mr Brown________ buy a new car？ (对划线部分提问）
__________ __________ you read books yesterday?
64. Jack?s father reported a robbery a week ago (改为被动语态)
a robbery___________ __________ by Jack?s father a week ago.
65. The little bot never has lunch at school (改为反意疑问句)
The little bot never has lunch at school，_____________ _____________ ？
66. “Can I keep the magazine for two weeks?”the boy asked the librarian.(改为含有宾语从句
The boy asked the librarian______________ he ______________ keep the magazine for two weeks.
67. In order to make himself heard, the man at the door shouted as loudly as possible.. (保持句子
In order to make himself heard, the man at the door shouted ____________ the ____________
of his voice.
68. world, of ,in, natural, most, is ,the, one, important, resources, water, the (连词成句)
VI. Reading Comprehension (阅读理解)：(共50分)
A. Choose the best answer（根据短文内容，选择最恰当的答案）: ( 12分)
A mother in Australia was told by a doctor that her new born son was“dead”, but she helped bring him back to life by holding the baby against her body. She used a method known as “kangaroo care” (袋鼠护理法). The child, named Jamie, was born after only 27 weeks with his twin sister, Emily, at a hospital in Sydney. Her birth went well, but his was a different story. The doctor struggled for 20 minutes to save Jamie before declaring (宣布)him dead.
“His little arms and legs were just falling down away from his body,”Kate Ogg said, “I took my coat off and put him on my chest with his head over my arm.” She and her husband, David, spoke to the child as she continued to hold him for nearly two hours. During that time, the two-pound baby showed signs of life. She said,“I told my mom, who was there, that he was still alive. Then he held out his hand and grabbed (抓住)my finger.” Their tiny baby grew stronger and stronger in his mother?s arms, and their final goodbye turned into a hello.
The doctor at first ignored(忽视) the baby?s movements, but when he put the stethoscope (听诊器) to its chest, his mouth was wide open and he said,“it?s my fault. It?s a miracle(奇迹).”
“The “kangaroo care” helps the baby keep body warmth,” Dr Pinchi Srinivasan said, “It also regulates (调节) heartbeat and breathing rates and is believed to help weight gain and improve sleeping habits. Fathers can also use “kangaroo care”. The key to the method is skin -to -skin contact.
The practice began in less developed nations. It has become a recognized practice in helping premature(早产) babies. The techniques(技术) is good for babies, and is used in many baby care centres.
69.Jamie and Emily are ________________________.
A) twin sisters B) twin brothers C) twin D) twins
70. After hearing what the doctor said, the mother _________________________ .
A)chose to believe the doctor
B) didn?t give up and tried to bring her baby to life
C) became so sad that she almost became mad
D) became angry at what the doctor did to the baby
71. When the baby first showed sigh of life, the doctor _________________________ .
A) didn?t believe a miracle had happened
B)was too shocked to do anything
C) was cheered and tried to save the baby at once
D) was moved by what the mother did to the baby
72. From what Dr Pinchi Srinivasan said, we learn the baby came back to life mainly because of
A) the mother?s soft words B)the doctor?s careful care
C) the father?s “kangaroo care” D) skin -to -skin contact with the mother
73. According to the passage, premature babies refer to babies that are born _____________.
A) with diseases B) before their time C) dead D) heavy
74. What ?s the main idea of the passage?
A) A baby was almost killed by a doctor?s wrong decision
B) A doctor in Australia announced a baby was dead by mistake.
C)A mom in Australia saved her baby with “kangaroo care”
D) A mom in Australia invented a new method of saving babies.
B. Choose the words or expressions to complete the passage(选择最恰当的单词或词语,完成
Grandma was the only mother Thomas had ever known. She appeared to be a loving lady
but often angered easily. When Thomas one day discovered that other children had someone they called Mum and asked why he must call her grandma instead of Mum. She told him gently about his mother?s death before he was three months old. There was not the same
reaction(反应) when he asked why he had to call Dad. Then his grandmother glared at (瞪着)
Him and got angrier than he had seen and the sharp reply was,” He was a bad
man. He didn?t want your mother, and he didn?t want you when you were born. Thomas never asked about his father any more.
Shortly after his fifth birthday and two days before Christmas Day, Thomas was woken up
by his grandma?s calling to him from her bedroom. Running into the old lady?s room, he found her for breathlessness, and between gasps (喘气)，trying to tell him to fetch the next-door neighbour. As soon as the neighbour arrived, she sent Thomas to call another
neighbour. Next Thomas was told he must stay downstairs, so he sat in the kitchen, trying to give all his to his toys. He was there to see the doctors arrive, and to see him leave a few minutes later. This eased(减轻) Thomas worry. A doctor would stay a long time with someone who was seriously ill. The fact that the doctor left so after his
arrival meant that. Grandma was going to be all right again. He expected to be told he could go upstairs and see her. But the first neighbour came down and explained that Grandma was
and the doctor had said that she couldn?t be disturbed (打扰). Shortly afterwards the second
neighbour came down, helped Thomas put his toys in a box, and then took him to have lunch with her and her two children.
75. A)none B)someone C)no one D) anyone
76. A) never B) not C)hardly D) ever
77. A) keeping B) fighting C) appearing D) starting
78. A) note B)attention C) interest D) attraction
79. A) quickly B) fast C) hurriedly D) soon
80. A) lying in the bed B) laying in bed C) sleeping D) gone
C. Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words (在短文的空格内填入适当的词,
使内容通顺, 每空格限填一词，首字母已给): (14分)
There are different ways of telling a story. It can be told in words, in pictures, in music, and
, or it can be told by still another way--- by dancing. Dancing that tells a
story is called a ballet（芭蕾舞). The dancing in a ballet is done to music, but the story is told by the movements of the dancers. There is no singing and speaking in it. A ballet is a work of art just as a beautiful picture.
The origin(起源 back about 600 years ago, which began as a kind of
entertainment in the courts of the rulers in Italy. Two hundred years later ballet wad popular in the French court. The French King Louis XIV founded a ballet school. Later the rulers of Russia became interested in ballet. They offered large amounts of money to the best ballet masters and dancers of France. They also set up their own ballet schools and dance
companies(舞蹈团). Soon Russians produced many famous ballets. “Swan Lake” was one of them. Russians transformed the world dance, music, art, theatre and even The basic positions(姿势) and techniques of ballet were developed long ago. Over the
centuries, choreographers （编舞者）have revised（修改） the classical techniques, but the basic positions have remained the same. When you begin learning the steps and poses （舞姿）of ballet, you will realize that most of them have French names. For example, a part of a ballet
that is danced by just two people is called pas-de-deux(芭蕾双人舞). Most of the French terms throughout the years.
Ballet dancing is known for its grace and elegance, as ballerinas(芭蕾舞女演员) seem to
glide（滑行） across the stage almost effortlessly（不费力地）. Ballet dancers strive to appear tall and light on their feet. Female dancers raise themselves even higher by going up on their toes with pointe shoes（足尖鞋）. Probably the most important part of a ballet dancer's
, some female ballet
dancers wear pointe shoes to make them appear lighter and more delicate. Pointe shoes make it possible for ballerinas to dance on the tips of their toes.
danced the leading
roles, as women were considered too weak to perform the challenging and sometimes daring choreography（大胆的舞蹈动作）. But now a girl has as good a chance as a boy of being a famous ballet dancer. Many of the most famous ballets were adapted from fairy tales and folk stories. Some ballets are based on historical events and bible stories. In a ballet you can find stage, you are aware of a ballerina's amazing ability to transport an entire audience into another world. All ballet dancers have one thing in common: a love of grace, beauty and discipline (有素养)of ballet.
D. Answer the questions (根据短文内容回答下列问题)：(12分）
Music not only gives you something to sing and dance to, but also can make you feel
happier. Scientists say that music can help to relax people?s mind and even help to relieve pain. How does music work its magic? It is the fact that music can adjust(调节) our mood. Recently, have shown that when people are excited or happy they are more helpful. The opposite (相反的情况)happens when people feel aggressive（好斗的） or under stress. The use of music can influence how helpful people can be.
Dr. Adrian North made a study with 256 university students.Half the group took exercise
in the gymnasium listening to music which can bring happiness and the other half exercised to aggressive music. When leaving the gym, the students were asked to hand out flyers（传单） in support of the local disabled athlete?s foundation（残疾运动员基金会）.
The results showed that nearly half of the group that listened to happy music were willing
to (愿意) hand out flyers. But less than 20% in the group that heard the aggressive music were willing to do so. This study suggests that our choice of music can influence our willingness to cooperate(合作). While a study also shows that productivity (生产效率) can be increased with the right choice of background music in the workplace. As music stimulates(刺激)worker?s mind, job satisfaction is often positively influenced. Other studies have shown that workers who are in a good mood have more job satisfaction than those in a bad mood.
These studies show that music can have a powerful influence on a person?s ability to
cooperate. Moods have a direct influence(直接影响) on cooperation and job satisfaction. These factors also have a direct relationship to the success of a business.
88.What do scientists say about music?
89.The phrase “back up” in Line 6, Paragraph 1 most probably means “support”, doesn?t it?
90.Why do people use the right choice of background music in the workplace?
91.How many university students did Dr. Adrian North make a study with?
92.How do people feel if they are bored or sad ?
93. What do moods have a direct influence on?
VII. Writing (作文): (共20分)
94. Write a short passage of at least 60 words on the topic “How to be a good learner?”. (以“怎样成为一个好的学习者？”为题，写一篇不少于60个词的短文，标点符号不占格。)
II. 26-30 D B C D B ;31-35 C D A D C;36-40 A B D D D;41-45 B D C B D III. 46-49 C E A B ；50-53 D A B C
IV. 54-61 ninth；killer；terribly；importance；injured；shorten；dislikes；chairman V. 62-68 Does want；Where did；was reported；does he；whether could；at the top
of; Water is one of the most important natural resources in the world.
VI. 69-74 D B A D B C; 75-80 C D B B D C; 81-87 out, dates/dated, fashion, carried,
training, traditionally, live
VII. 88. Music can help to relax people?s mind and even help to relieve pain.
89. Yes, it does.
90. Because productivity can be increased.
92. They feel aggressive or under stress.
93. On cooperation and job satisfaction.