Part 1 Listening （第一部分 听力） I. Listening comprehension (听力理解) (共30 分
A. Listen and choose the right picture (根据你听到的内容，选出相应的图片) (6 分)
E F G H B. Listen to the dialogue and choose the best answer to the question you hear (根据你听到的对话和问题，选出最恰当的答案)：(8分)
7. A) Mary Brown. B) Jerry Brown.
C) Mary Black. D) Jerry Black.
8. A) At 10:30 B) At 11:30
C) At 12:30 D) At 13：30
9. A) A book B) A film
C) A game D) A person
10. A) In the cinema B) In the library
C) At the supermarket D) At the post office
11. A) The blue one B) The white one
C) The yellow one D) The red one
12. A) To go to the market B) To see a policeman
C) To go home D) To find her mother
13. A) A customer and a shop assistant B) A dog owner and a vet
C) A student and a news reporter D) A dog owner and his neighbour
14. A) She isn't interested in writing. B) She will give them a story next Friday.
C) She tried but failed to get the job. D) She doesn’t want to have a try.
C．Listen to the passage and tell whether the following statements are true or false (判断下列句子是否符合你听到的短文内容，符合的用“T”表示，不符合的用“F”表示): (6分)
15. A farmer put a mousetrap (捕鼠器) in the house to catch the farm animals.
16. On a dark night, the farmer's wife was bitten by a snake.
17. The farmer's wife became well after she was sent to the hospital.
18. The farmer killed the chicken, a pig and a cow to help his wife get better.
19. The mouse thought the farm animals wouldn't be killed if they had listened to him.
20. The story tells us that helping others is actually helping ourselves. D. Listen to the passage and fill in the blanks (听短文填空，完成下列内容。每空格限填一词)：(10分)
21. In Spain, at _________ _________, people must eat 12 grapes for the strikes of the clock.
22. The British must _________ _________ their first visitor in the New Year is a tall, dark man with a piece of coal.
23. Greek people believe the blue eyes stops __________ _________ from happening.
24. In Greece, you must try to put _________ _________ inside if you want to give someone a present.
25. Greek people believe that if you pass a knife to someone, you will _________ _________ a fight with the person.
Part 2 Phonetics, Vocabulary and Grammar
(第二部分 语音，词汇和语法) II．Choose the best answer (选择最恰当的答案) ：（共20分）
26. The army attacked at night when the enemy was asleep. Which of the following is correct for the underlined word in the sentence?
A. /a:m/ B. /a:mi/ C./'ami/ D./eim/
27. Which of the following is right?
A. Betty, do you know our new class teacher? ↘ B. Yes, of course. ↗ C. What does he look like? ↘ D. He is thin but short. ↗
28. The boss of a famous company gave away most of his money to ______ poor.
A. a B. an C. the D. /
29. I'm afraid all of you have to work out the problem by ________.
A. you B. yours C. yourself D. yourselves
30. Jane was worried because there was something wrong ________ the engine of her car.
A. of B. with C. at D. by
31. Betty and John are here, but ________ students in their class haven't come back yet.
A. the other B. others C. another D. the others
32. ________ Kitty ________ her brother likes fishing in the country. What fun it is!
A. Neither, nor B. Both, and C. Not only, but also D. Either, or
33. Lucy was reading an ________ book when the doorbell rang.
A. exciting B. excite C. excited D. excitement
34. You ________ lose your way if you walk alone in the mountains at night.
A. may B. need C. should D. have to
35. The system has the ability ________ more than one program at the same time.
A. running B. runs C. to run D. ran
36. "Jenny, the more you practice, the _________ you will play the piano." said her mother.
A. best B. good C. well D. better
37. The bank clerk' admitted _______ everything about the plan of the robbery at last.
A. know B. knowing C. to know D. knew
38. My best friend and I haven't seen each other she went to the USA 10 years ago.
A. when B. if C. although D. since
39. A lot of students in this university abroad as exchange students every year.
A. are sent B. were sent C. will send D. send
40. It is said that nowadays young people would rather their friends for advice.
A. asked B. ask C. to ask D. asking
41. The movie star is afraid that she will be recognized as she _________ at the airport.
A. arrives B. arrived C. will arrive D. arrive
42. _______ helpful advice Qu Yuan gave to the king at that time!
A. What a B. What an C. What D. How
43. Mr. King doesn't know what time ________ back home yesterday evening.
A. does his son come B. his son comes C. did his son come D. his son came
44. A: I'm sorry I will be 10 minutes late because of the heavy traffic.
B: ________. We will wait for you. A. It's my pleasure B. It doesn't matter C. Enjoy your time D. Good idea
45. A: It's raining hard outside. Would you like me to call a taxi for you?
B: ________. I can manage it myself. A. Yes, please B. I'd love to C. Good idea D. No, thanks
It's different between western countries and eastern countries about how to keep healthy. Traditional Chinese doctors believe we need a of cool yin and hot yang to be healthy. In China, herbs (草药) are the main medicine but in western countries they use pills.
In China, you are quiet and always tired, Chinese doctors might think you have too much yin. You should eat more hot yang food. It can give you some . But in western countries, doctors will check your body. They might give you some pills to cure (治愈) your disease. People who are easily nervous and
might have too much yang in their bodies. Chinese doctors believe they should eat more yin food.
If you want to get the most out of the study of a language, you must also read for pleasure: novels, plays, travel books, and so on. And in reading books of this kind the thing is to
get on with the reading, to try to grasp (领会) the writer is going to tell you in the book as a whole. This is impossible if you stop and think over the of every single word which happens to be unfamiliar. You cannot enjoy a story if you stop lots of times on every page for words in the dictionary. You may even prevent yourself from understanding the story as a whole by doing this. IV. Complete the sentences with the given words in their proper forms (用括号中所给单词的适当形式完成下列句子。每空格限填一词)：(8分)
54. Our soldiers did not fire until the __________ were close enough. (enemy)
55. The little girl began crying when she heard of the __________ of her puppy. (die)
56. Many tourists were __________ injured in the traffic accident last night. (serious)
57. Making a picture in your mind is a good way to help you to __________ something. (memory)
58. I __________ where we will spend our weekend and how to get there. (wonderful)
59. In __________ years, many people choose to read e-books instead of paper ones. (recently)
60. The woman purchased a __________ of items at the market near her house. (vary)
61. Linda was so __________ that she refused all the money from her parents. (depend)
V. Rewrite the following sentences as required. (根据所给要求，改写下列句子，每空
62. The boys and girls cleaned the room after the party. （改为一般疑问句）
__________ the boys and girls __________ the room after the party?
63. Tony was reading a comic book when his mother came home. （对划线部分提问）
What __________ Tony __________ when his mother came home?
64. It seemed to be her job to look after her brother's children. （保持原句意思不变） It seemed to be her job to __________ __________ her brother's children.
65. Mr. Smith rarely talks with his son about his study. （改为反义疑问句）
Mr. Smith rarely talks with his son about his study, __________ __________?
66. You will fail to buy the train ticket if you don't book it online early. （保持原句意思不变） You __________ be able to buy the train ticket __________ you book it online early.
67. "Has Mr. Black decided on the date for the test?" the students asked. （改为宾语从句） The students asked __________ Mr. Black __________ decided on the date for the test.
68. is, interesting, snowman, to, it, a, very, make. （连词成句）
Part 3 Reading and Writing (第三部分 读与写)
IX. Reading Comprehension (阅读理解)：(共50分)
A) Choose the best answer (根据文章内容，选择最恰当的答案)：(12分)
69. John finds studying English is very difficult ___________ the term.
A. at the beginning of
C. at the end of B. in the middle of D. throughout
70. The underlined word "positive" in the third paragraph means ___________.
B. disappointed D. Surprised C. confident
71. Sam should remember to ___________ when he is speaking.
A. concentrate on his spelling
C. understand what he is saying B. speak more slowly and clearly D. book a grammar book and study it
72. The writer thinks Sam ___________.
A. understands difficult texts easily
C. is the most intelligent in his class
73. Which of the followings is Not True?
A. John can help correct his classmates’ writing work.
B. Sam is not as hardworking as John.
C. John became the best student in his class
D. Sam doesn't have many friends in his class.
74. These two passages are probably written by John's and Sam’s ___________.
A. teachers B. parents C. friends D. Classmates B. listens to the teacher carefully D. can do well if he tries harder
B. Choose the words or expressions to complete the passage (选择最恰当的单词或词语，完成短文)：(12分) People normally think of dogs as man's best friends, but to Brian Wilson, his two pet parrots (鹦鹉) are his best friends.
It all began in 1995, when Brian was still a fire fighter. A car accident caused serious damage to his After several months of treatment, Brian's doctors said that he would never talk again and would have to spend the rest of his life in a nursing home.
However, according to Brian, his two pet parrots didn't easily. They kept talking to him day and night, until one day, he said one word, then another, and all of a sudden was talking like a
normal person again!
Brian was so that he decided to set up a home for birds which are not wanted by their owners.
Now 15 years later, his house is home to about 80 birds including many kinds of birds like several macaws, cockatoos and African grays. The birds fly around from room to room, some cackling, others talking like humans. Though they all have big ages3 Brian lets them fly freely inside the house.
Over the year, Brian has developed a special relationship with birds. The birds who bite other humans, seem to him and can get along with him well He is now called a bird whisperer.
Brian pays for most of the costs of looking after the birds from his own money, but has recently set up a foundation to raise money. He and his birds earn money by performing at birthday parties, weddings and other social events. For people who want to adopt Brian's birds, they have to volunteer at the foundation for three months they can take the pet home.
75. A face B. brain C. hands D legs
76. A shut up B. get up C. give up D. look up
77. A. thankful B. hopeful C. faithful D. careful
78. A. help B. hate C. forget D. like
79. A. almost B. already C. also D. always
80. A. because B. before C. though D. after
C) Read the passage and fill the blanks with proper words (在短文的空格内填入适当的词，使内容通顺，每空格限填一词，首字母已给) (14分)
Imagine this: romance is all around you, you have met and fallen in love with the most wonderful person. The only trouble is, you are not at home, you are in a completely different part France
The only place to say 'JE T'AIME' (I love you) is on a Paris bridge in the moonlight. If you really want to go for true French style, you will need to dress very smartly and go to a fashionable you have said the magical words.
your boyfriend / girlfriend in the politest way possible (you should always be as polite as possible in a cherry blossom tree and say 'SUKYO'
It might be minus 6 degrees when you say 'YA TYEBYA LYUBLYU', but the will be falling around you in St Petersburg. There is no scene more romantic, and you won't even feel the cold — inside!
Go surfing on the Indonesia waters of Sumatra and see the boy or girl of your dreams.
Wake up to a beautiful sunrise, go surfing in the cool waters all day and in the evenings. Anytime is OK to say 'SAYA CINTA PADAMU'!
Wherever you come from, only say 'I love you' when you truly mean it. They may only be three little words, but they are powerful words in any language!
D)Answer the questions (根据短文内容回答下列问题)：(12分)
What do you think of when talking about India? The Taj Mahal (泰姬陵)? Song and dance? The list goes on and on.
India is an interesting and mysterious country with a long history. It is one of the four oldest civilizations (文明) in the world.
Home to more than 1.2 billion people, India is the country with the second largest population in the world. The country is also the birthplace of many famous people. Rabindranath Tagore (1861-1941) is a great poet. His poems use fresh and beautiful language to describe nature and his love for India. Many Chinese children learn his works at school.
Besides, fast economic development is making India a rising power. India is strong in the information technology (IT) industry. By the end of 2012, 2.5 million Indian people were working at its IT companies. One third of them worked in Bangalore. The city is called the Silicon Valley (硅谷) of India. It is the center of the IT industry in India. IT products from India are common in people's lives. If you buy a computer, some of the software may have been made in India.
Many young people love Bollywood films. Most of these films tell stories with a happy ending. They have exciting music and dance. Some of the best ones are Slumdog Millionaire (2008) and 3 Idiots (2009). Yoga comes from ancient India. It helps people deal with their stress. It is said that curry was made in India more than 5,000.years ago. Traditional Indian curry is spicy. Indian people usually have curry with rice. Curry soup is also one of their favorites.
88. Does India have the most people in the world?
89. What do Tagore's poems describe?
90. Why do people call Bangalore the Silicon Valley of India?
91. Which elements do most Bollywood films have?
92. How do Indian people usually have curry? 93. Would you like to visit India? Why or why not?
VII. Writing (作文) （共20分) 94. Write a passage of at least 60 words on the topic "Let's learn to smile." (以“让我们学会微笑”为题写一篇不少于60个词的短文，标点符号不占格。)
2. 不得抄袭试卷中阅读文章，否则不给分。 Suggested points:
■ Do you often smile in your daily life?
■ Why should we learn to smile? (Give one or two examples.)
■ What changes will we see if we smile more often?
26-30 BBCDB 31-35 AAAAC 36-40 DBDAB 41-45 ACDBD
46-49 CBED 50-53 ECBA
54. enemies 55. death 56. seriously 57. memorize 58. wonder
59. recent 60. variety 61. independent
62. Did, clean 63. was, doing 64. care for 65. does he 66. won’t, unless
67. if/ whether, had 68.It is very interesting to make a snowman.
81. world 82. after 83. Invite 84. under 85. snow
86. warm 87. rest
88. No, it doesn’t.
89. Nature and his love for India
90. Because it is the centre of the IT industry in India.
91. Most of these films tell stories with a happy ending and they have exciting music and dance.
92. Indian people usually have curry with rice.
93. Yes, I’d like to…. (Any available answer is OK.)