Part 1 Listening （第一部分 听力）
I. Listening comprehension (听力理解) (共30 分)
A. Listen and choose the right picture （根据你听到的内容，选出相应的图片）（6分）
A B C D
E F G H
B. Listen to the dialogue and choose the best answer to the question you hear (根据你听到的对话和问题，选出最恰当的答案) （8分）
7. A) In his bag. B) on the table. C) In his home. D) In the office. 8. 9.
A)The blue one. A)The ship.
B) The white one. B) The trip to Japan. B)1070.
C) The black one. C) Interesting people. C) 7000.
D) The gray one. D) The holiday. D) 1700.
10. A)700. 11.
A)He is going to speak to Angie C)He is going to see the manager
B)He is going to leave a message D)He is going to call back B)The buy used the same excuse D) The boy stayed up too late. B) They will have a rest at home D) They will continue to work B) She can not afford it
12. A)The boy worked hard
C) The boy had too much homework to do
13. A) They will talk to each other C) They will go out to play
14 A) She is not interested in it
C) She has already had one D) She will take it
C. Listen to the passage and tell the following statements are true or false. (判断下列句子是否符合你听到的短文内容，符合的用“T”表示，不符合的用“F”表示。) （6分）
15. It was a rainy and windy evening when the old couple came to an inn. (旅馆)
16. The young man lent his room to the old couple as all the guest rooms were full.
17. The next day the old couple asked the young man to visit their hotel in New York.
18. The young man was very happy to get a huge amount of money from the old man.
19. To express his thanks, the old man promised to buy a house for the young man.
20. Years later, the young man was visited to a nice hotel which was built for him.
D. Listen to the passage and complete the following sentences. (听短文，完成下列内容。每空格限填写一词)：（10分）
21. Mark tried not to think about food, for he was on ______ _______.
22. Mark wanted to hear his __________ say he had lost _________ pounds!
23. _________ __________ on his car were ideas for a new product.
24. He didn’t do things like that, but it happened because he was _______ _______． 25. On his way home, he stopped at a restaurant and ate a _______ _________.
Part 2 Phonetics,Vocabulary and Grammar
II. Choose the best answer. (选择最恰当的答案) （共20分）
26. We always say “please” whenever we ask someone to do things. Which of the following is
correct for underlined word in the sentence?
A. /pl?z/ B. /plez/ C. /pli:z/
A. of B. in
A. they C. on D. /pl?z/ 27. The concert will begin ______ seven in the evening. Please be there on time. D. at D. to 28. It takes me an hour on average to get from home ______ my workplace every day. B. at C. by 29. For the difficulties ahead, Mr. Black talked to ______ patiently one by one. B. them C. their D. themselves
30. Lily tried on some new shoes, but she took ______ in the end. They were too expensive.
A. all B. none C. both D. either
31. I was so busy with my school work that I had ____ time to play with my friends in those days.
A. little B. a little C. few D. a few
32. Lots of ______ may cause the young students to have strong feelings against school.
A. exercise B. lesson C. exam D. homework
C. may not D. wouldn’t 33. It is a rule that visitors _____ touch the paintings at the exhibition. A. needn’t B. mustn’t
34. With more practice, I found reading was not as _____ as I used to think.
A. so difficult B. difficult C. more difficult D. too difficult
35. Nowadays Chinese ____ in quite a few countries such as Singapore, South Korea, Japan, etc.
A. speak B. speaks C. speaking D. is spoken
36. Jack worked very hard at every subject, _______ he gained a scholarship (奖学金) last term.
A. so B. and C. or D. but
37. If you want to be on time for an important meeting in a crowded city like Shanghai, you’d
better ________ home early.
A. to leave B. leave C. leaving D. left
38. Mr. White will take charge of _______ invitation cards for the celebration party next month.
A. prepare B. prepared C. preparing D. to prepare
39. We ______ several meetings to discuss the plan of volunteers in the community since last
A. are having B. have had C. had D. have
40. I promise if Jane has any difficulties doing the new job, I ______ the first one to help her.
A. am B. was C. would be D. will be
41. The roast beef cooked by mum seems so _______ that my mouth is watering.
A. attractive B. attract C. attraction D. attractively
42. The newly born baby should be looked after ________ of all the babies at nursery.
A. careful B. carefully C. most careful D. most carefully
43. -- _______ does Simon visit his grandparents in New York with his brother?
-- Once a year.
A. How long B. How many C.How soon D. How often
44. -- Hey, Joanna, you did an excellent job in the performance yesterday.
A. Thank you. B. Not at all C. Yes, I did. D. That’s right.
45. -- Remember, Mike, don’t step on the grass when you play football with your friends. -- ________.
A. Is that so. B. I don’t know C. Sorry, I won’t D. Don’t worry.
III. Complete the following passage with the words or phrases in the box. Each can only be
Tessa is eighteen years old. She remembers her time at school well. Some of it was good but some of it brings bad memories.
My First Day
I’ll never forget my first day at primary school. I very nervous. We were all together and the head teacher was himself. A girl next to me started asking me questions about my shoes! I wanted to listen to the teacher but I didn’t want to be to my new friend. So, I told her about my shoes. Suddenly, the head teacher looked at me with an angry face. “Be careful when I am speaking! Go and sit
My First Teacher
I remember her name was Mrs Simpson. She was pretty and had a lovely smile. She had a soft voice and always wore the same dress! She seemed so nice after that very unpleasant head teacher.
Sports day was the best day of the year! I for the running race and one year I won! I always cheered my friends on when they ran their races, too.
Everyone in the class had nicknames when I was in junior high school. Some of the nicknames were funny and some weren’t very nice. I remember they call me
“mushroom head”because my hair stuck out on either side. It made a lasting on me. Not a good one.
IV. Complete the sentences with the given words in their proper forms(用括号中所给单词的适当形式完成下列句子，每空格限填一词) （共8分）
54. The ______ round of talks on the trade between China and America was held. (five)
55. To tell you the ______ , I don’t care about the result of the speech contest. (true)
56. Jim is good at language. Besides English, he speaks German , Italian and ______ . (France)
57. Nowadays more ______ realize they are responsible for reducing industry pollution. (factory)
58. Stephen and his wife will ______ their holidays by going abroad for sightseeing. (joy)
59. Computers were a wonderful ______ in 1920s though they were very huge at the time.(invent)
60. Lisa said “hello” ______ to her friend’s parents when she met them in the street. (polite)
61. I think these tools are ______, for I haven’t touched them for quite a few years. (useful)
V. Complete the following sentences as required (根据所给要求，完成下列句子。每空格限填一词) (共14分)
62. We got everything ready for the New Year’s party. (改为一般疑问句)
______ you ______ everything ready for the New Year’s party? 对划线部分提问) ______ ______ all the students listen to the lecture by Professor Li?
64. Jack Chen is a humorous and powerful man. (改为感叹句)
______ ______ humorous and powerful Jack Chen is!
65. We last saw the missing dog on the evening of October 1st. (改为被动语态)
The missing dog ______ last ______ on the evening of October 1st.
66. As for the plan of the next term, I have the same opinion with Larry. (保持句意基本不变)
As for the plan of the next term, I ______ ______ Larry.
67. “I can cut the huge hamburger in half quickly.” Little Sandy said. (改为宾语从句)
Little Sandy said that he ______ ______ the huge hamburger in half quickly.
68. saw, at McDonald’s, lady, him, the young. (连词成句)
Part 3 Reading and Writing (第三部分 读与写)
IX. Reading Comprehension (阅读理解)：(共50分)
Burl Ives was born in June, 1909 in Illinois, the USA. He began learning songs when he was very young. He loved making music and wanted other people to get pleasure from the music he made.
As a young man, Burl wanted to teach history. So, he began attending Eastern Illinois
Teachers’ College in 1927. But he was not a very good student. The president of his college told him he would never be a very good teacher. Then, he took his guitar and began travelling around the United States.
Burl Ives went to New York City in the early nineteen-thirties. He went to the famous Julliard School of Music to study. He also got jobs in New York. He sang in small eating and drinking places. He sang the songs he had learned. In 1938 he began performing in theatres. He also sang on the radio. He began recording the folk songs he had learned. His songs like Big Rock Candy Mountain could be heard on the Burl Ives program each week. The radio program was first broadcast in 1940. His song It’s Just My Funny Way of Laughing earned him a Grammy Award. He also did lots of movie work. Burl Ives won an Oscar in 1958 for the movie The Big Country.
Burl Ives also recorded many songs for children. His most famous songs are two Christmas songs, Rudolph the Red Nosed Raindeer and Frosty the Snowman. These songs were used in cartoon movies first shown on American television in the nineteen-fifties and sixties. Burl Ives provided the voice of some of the animals and people. He also sang most of the songs.
Burl Ives was a large, friendly man who loved to make people happy with his acting and especially with his music. Burl died of cancer(癌) on April 14, 1995.
69. Burly Ives wanted to be a(n) ______ when he was young.
A) artist B) movie star C) history teacher D) famous singer
70. Burly Ives traveled around America with his guitar after he was told ______.
A) he was a good student B) he would never be a good teacher
B) he would be a famous singer D) he was a top traveler
71. In the early nineteen-thirties, Burly ______ in New York City.
A) taught history B) went to school of music and got jobs
C) attended a teacher’s college D) recorded songs for children
72. In 1958 Burly Ives won an Oscar for the movie ______.
A) It’s Just My Funny Way of Laughing B) Big Rock Candy Mountain
C) The Big Country D) Frosty the Snowman
73. From the passage we learn that ______.
A) Burly only wrote songs for children
B) Burly once provided the voice for cartoon movies
C) Burly was the director of many cartoon movies
D) Burly seldom did movie work
74. The passage is mainly about ______.
A) the American actor and singer Burly Ives B) how to be a history teacher
C) Burly Ives’ hard life in 1938 D) a successful young man
B Choose the best words and complete the passage(选择最恰当的单词完成短文) （12分）
Often in your reading you will come across（遇见）a difficult new word. You may be able to read the word, but, you still do not know what One way of finding out a word’s 上下文). You can think of the context as the “neighborhood” in which a word “lives”. A word is never _in a sentence with other words, and that sentence has other sentences that come before and after it. These words and sentences are the context of the unknown word.
A word’s context often contains clues (包含提示)to its meaning. To find clues, think about the meanings of the other words in the sentence. Look at the sentences that come before and after the sentence that contains the word. Do they give you any clues? Sometimes a writer gives that can help you understand the word’s meaning. Sometimes you may find a word that has almost the same meaning, or a word that means the even a definition（释义） of the unfamiliar word, in the same sentence or a nearby one. These are all context clues.
Read the following sentence. Can you guess from the context what word might fit in the blank?
We had our picnic in the shade（阴凉处）Did you guess the missing word from the context? If you did, you were able to tell from the other words in the sentence that the missing word must be a noun. You could also tell that the word means something that can give shade outdoors. It is something that people might have a picnic under. All these context clues helped you know the word.
76. A) predicts A) book B) means B)dictionary C) debates C) newspaper D) wants D) magazine
80. A) alone A) a letter A) opposite A) river B) sad B) an answer B) difficult B) ground C) united C) an example C) serious C) street D) quiet D) an action D) necessary D)tree
C. Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words(在短文的空格内填入适当的
Do you get angry when your friends sing loudly while you are trying to work or when your best friend does not wait for you after school?
If you do, you need to take control of your feelings. Getting angry with others can cause you Cary Egeberg, an American high school teacher, has written a book named My Feelings Are Just Like Wild Animals to help you control your feelings .The book tells how to stay cool when
The book says that getting angry only makes problems It can never make them better. “Getting angry is not a natural way to act,” the book says. “It is just a habit, like smoking.’’ not to be angry.
The book gives many tips to help you if you get angry frequently. Here are the top three:
● Keep a r_and you will see you get angry so often.
● Ask your friends to s_teach you not to be angry.
● Do something When you get angry, walk away from the problem and go somewhere else. Try to laugh.
D. Answer the questions (根据短文内容回答下列问题) （12分）
I recently went to a charity party. At the end of the visit our host told us that the following Monday was his birthday. He asked if, as a gift to him, we would do something kind for someone else on that day. I thought that was a terrible birthday idea!
The following Monday, I saw my neighbor, a new mother, in the garden with her baby, I went
outside to say “hello” to her. During the talk, she told me, not in a complaining way but just as a matter of fact, about the sleeplessness and the challenges to get anything done with a baby followed by. I remembered the charity party host’s request and said, “Hey! Why don’t I watch your baby for an hour! I will just hang out with him here in the back garden and you go in and take an hour to yourself.”
She was so surprised that she almost cried. “Are you serious? Would you be able to do that?” ” of course!” I said. “I’d be happy to!” An hour later she came outside with a smile on her face. “I have got so much done!”she told me, and I told her that I had sung every kid’s song I knew and had a good time hanging out with the baby, too. And I was so happy to see her smiling like that.
It was one of the best presents I’ve ever given, and it has given me the desire to ask the same from all my friends this year. I know it will make me feel great to know my friends are out there sharing their wisdom and time with people who can really use it.
88. The following Monday was the host’s birthday, wasn’t it?
89. What did he ask his friends to do as a gift to him?
90. What did the writer decide to do on the following Monday?
91. How did the writer look after his neighbor’s baby?
92. Why was the writer so happy when his neighbor came outside?
93. What’s your opinion on the birthday present in the story? (answer the question in no more than 20 words )
94. Write at least 60 words with the topic “A heavy smog day” .（以“大雾霾天”为题，写一篇不少于60个词的短文，标点符号不占格。）
提示：去年12月上旬，申城笼罩在茫茫的雾霾（was shrouded in heavy smog）中，陷于重度污染（severe pollution）。人们戴口罩（wear masks）出行，雾霾天给人们的健康带来危害，给生活和工作带来不便（inconvenience）。请你就其中某一天，描述你的经历和感受。
Part 1 Listening
I. Listening Comprehension （听力理解）
A. Listen and choose the right picture （根据你听到的内容，选出相应的图片）
1. Tim is a good basketball player. He plays basketball with his friends every week.
2. My uncle works in a garage. He is good at repairing all kinds of cars.
3. It is the time for the government to take actions to fight against air pollution.
4.In western countries family members usually have dinner together at Christmas Eve.
5. Linda and Ann always go to school on foot though the school is two miles away.
6. John often helps his mother with the housework such as cleaning the windows.
B. Listen to the dialogue and choose the best answer you hear （根据你听到的对话和问题,
7. M: Hey, Linda. Did you see my mobile phone? I remember taking it with me when I left home. W: Yes. I saw you put it in your bag on the desk just now.
Q: Where was the man’s mobile phone?
8. M: Sally, which shirt is better for my blue trousers, the black one or the gray one?
W: Neither. the white one matches your new trousers best.
Q: Which shirt is the man going to probably take?
9. M: How was your trip to Japan?
W: Oh, it was wonderful. We had a lot of interesting things to do and met some nice people. We
had a very good time on the ship.
Q: What are the two speakers talking about?
10: M: By last term I had learned about 1,700 Chinese words.
W: Really? Where did you learn them, Sam?
M: I went to an evening school. The teachers there were very nice.
Q: How many Chinese words had Sam learned by last term?
11: W: Hello. This is Alice. May I speak to March?
M: A moment, please. March, March, you are wanted on the phone…er…. Sorry, March is not
in at the moment. Will you leave a message, please?
W: All right. Please ask March to see the manager as soon as he comes back.
Q: What is March going to do?
12. M: I am really sorry, Ms Black. There was so much homework yesterday. I did the homework
till very late last night. But I forgot the chemistry exercises. Can I hand it in tomorrow?
W: You always have a lot of homework, and chemistry is always forgotten.
Q: What does Ms Black mean?
13. M: Alice, I have been working at desk for such a long time. I now need fresh air and
W: I think so. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. Let’s go.
Q: What will the two speakers probably do?
14. W: Hey, Mike, what are you talking about with John?
M: We are talking about the latest type of iPad. It’s very popular nowadays and it looks so cool.
What do you think of it, Mary?
W: I am sorry I know nothing about it.
Q: What does Mary mean?
C. Listen to the passage and tell whether the following statements are true or false (判断下列句子是否符合你听到的短文内容，符合的用“T”表示，不符合的用“F”表示。)
One evening, it was raining and the wind was blowing hard. An old couple came to an inn and prepared to spend the night there. A young man opened the door with a welcome smile. “I am sorry!” he said. “Our guest rooms here are all full.”
Hearing the young man’s words, the old couple felt very disappointed. Just as they were leaving, the young man came up to them and stopped them. “If you don’t mind, you can sleep in my bedroom for the night.”
“You needn’t pay me any money, for I only lent my room to you.” said the young man, with a smile on his face.
“It’s very kind of you. Maybe one day I will build a hotel for you!” said the old man. With these words the old man left.
Several years later, the young man was invited to a nice hotel. “Do you remember what I said to you several years ago?” said the old man. “Look! Here is the hotel that I built for you!”
D. Listen to the passage and complete the following sentences (听短文，完成下列内容。每空格限填一词，填在答题纸上)
Mark put some papers on the top of his car and locked it. Then he hurried to his office building. He tried not to think about food. He was on a diet because he was overweight. His daily meals were very small. He couldn’t eat and candy, and that was driving him crazy! he loved candy. Be he needed to lose weight. He wanted to hear his doctor say, “Congratulations! You lost 20 pounds!” he would be satisfied with that. He was almost to the office building when he remembered his papers. They were still on his car! Those papers were iseas for a new product. He needed them to answer questions at today’s meeting. He usually didn’t do things like that. But it happened today because he was so hungry! He could not think well. He got the papers and returned to the office building. He triedto open the door but it was locked! Then he looked around. There was no one in sight. It was Sunday! “I can’t stay on this diet anymore,” he thought. “My mind doesn’t work well!” He got in his car and left. On his way home. He stopped at a restaurant and ate a good breakfast!
Ⅰ. A 1-6 EBCFGD
B 7-14 ABBDCBCA
C 15-20 TTFFFT
D 21-25 on diet, doctor 20 Those papers, so hungry, good breakfast
Ⅱ. 26-45 CDDBB ADBBD ABCBD ADDAC
Ⅲ. 46-49 EDBA 50-53 CABE
Ⅳ. 54. fifth, 55. Truth, 56.French, 57.Factories, 58.Enjoy 59. Invention,
60. politely 61. Useless
Ⅴ. 62. Did, get, 63. How did, 64. What a, 65. Was, seen, 66. Agree with,
67. could cut, 68. The young lady saw him at Macdonald’s.
Ⅵ. A. 69-74 CBBCBA
B. 75-80 BBACAD
C. 81-87 lose, bad, worse, easily, record, stop, different
D. 88. Yes, it was
89. He asked them to do something kind for someone else.
90. He decided to watch his neighbour’s baby for an hour.
91. He hung out with the baby and sang every kid’s song to him.
92. Because he saw his neighbor smiling/Because he saw his neighbor coming
outside with a smile on her face./ Because his neighbor was smiling. /
Because his neighbour smiled.
93. I think it quite special and meaningful because doing something kind to
others makes me feel great. (any reasonable answer is acceptable)
Ⅶ. 94. 略