New Concept English Book 2
Lesson 1 A Private Conversation
1.private adj. ≈ personal, not public eg. a ~ car a ~ letter a ~ room
2.conversation n.[C] ≈talk
a private ~ a short/long ~
3.theatre n.[C] (BE) theater (AE)
eg.go to the theatre
4.play n.[c] eg. a new ~ a Korean~
5.seat n.[c] ≈place eg. the front seat of a car Take a seat, please.
6.loudly adv. eg.Don’t speak ~ in public. loud adj. eg.The music is too ~.
7. rudely adv. ≈ not politely rude adj. ≈ not polite
eg. If you behave (表现，行为) rudely ____, rude you will be a ____ student.
8. angry adj. ≈not happy，cross
eg. She got angry ___ suddenly for no reason and left angrily ___ in the end.
9. attention n.[U] pay ~ to sth/sb eg.Pay ~ to the blackboard.
10. bear vt. （bore, borne） 1) give birth to eg.When and where were borne?
2) stand eg. Could you bear such a rude person ?
11.business n.[C] -es
≈affair，thing eg.Thanks for your help,but I can do my own ~ very well.