一． 单项选择。 （20 分）
1__________Monday afternoon we rode bicycle to Georgetown.
A On B In C At D For
2 ________does he go shopping? ---Twice a week.
A. How B. How often C. How long D. How many
3. _______ junk food tastes very good, ________it isn’t healthy.
A. Although, but B. Although, / C. But, although D. But, /
4. My mother wants me _______milk.
A. drink B. drinking C. to drink D. drinks
5. Sarah was shy two years ago, but now she is __________than before.
A. too much outgoing B. much too outgoing
C. a little more outgoing D. more much outgoing
6. Which is _________radio, 970AM, 97.9 FM or 107.9 FM?
A. good B. better C. best D. the best
at home on weekends.
A. are all B. are both C. all are D. both are
food in the fridge, I should buy some this afternoon.
A. little B. a little C. few D. a few
9. --- The banana is too big. ---- You can ______ first.
A. cut up them B. cut them up C. cut it up D. cut up it
10. John can’t get up so A. earlier B. early C. more early D. very early
11. Susan is taller than _______ in her class.
A .any student B. other students C. any other student D. the other student
12. He was too tired，so he _______ ．
A. stopped resting B. stopped to rest C. stopped to work D. stops working
13. I don’t go to bed ________I finish my homework.
A. until B. after C. if D. when
14. Would you like _______ for lunch?
A. beef and tomatoes noodle B. beef and tomato noodle
C. beef and tomato noodles D. beef tomatoes noodles
15. Tom’s grandmother likes to watch him _________.
A. read and write B. reads and writes
C. to read and write D. reading and writing
16. My sister ______ middle school in two years.
A. will finish B. finishes C. finished D. finish
17. There is nobody in the room,________?
A. isn’t it B. isn’t there C. is there D. is it
18. —Must I come at four o’clock?— A. mustn’t B. don’t C. can’t D. don’t have to
19. There are about two ________ students in the new-built school.
A. thousand B. thousands C. thousands of D. thousand of
20. He looks upset. He doesn’t know ________.
A. what to do it B. how to do it C. how to do D. do what
Robots seem very new to most people. But they have a long history. The first one was made by a Greek inventor. You may have seen robots in some films. The robots in these films are stronger, faster and cleverer than people. In real life, most robots are used in factories. They are used to do many dangerous, difficult or boring jobs. Some people can’t look after themselves and robots are used to help them. For example, some people can’t see. Many of these people use a dog to help themselves move around. This dog is called a guide dog. Scientists are making a robot to help them. In the future, robot dogs might take the place of these guide dogs.
Robots are also used in American hospitals. At one hospital, a robot takes from the kitchen to the sick people’s rooms. It never loses its way because it has a map of the hospital in its computer system.
21. The first robot was invented by a Greek.
22. Robots can only be seen in films.
23. Robots can help some people look after themselves.
24. Today’s robots have few uses.
25. A robot cooks meals for the sick people at an American hospital.
Thanksgiving Day is really a harvest festival. This is why it is celebrated in late fall, after the crops are in. But one of the first thanksgivings in America had nothing to do with a good harvest. On December 4, 1619, the Pilgrims from England landed near what is now Charles City, Virginia. They knelt down and thanked God for their safe journey across the Atlantic.
The first New England Thanksgiving did celebrate a rich harvest. The Pilgrims landed at what is now Plymouth, Massachusetts, in 1620. They had a difficult time and the first winter was cruel. Many of the Pilgrims died. But the next year, they had a good harvest. So Govemor Bradford declared a three-day feast. The Pilgrims invited Indian friends to join them
for their special feast. Everyone brought food. In time, other colonies (殖民地) began to
celebrate a day of Thanksgiving. But it took years before there was a national Thanksgiving Day. During the Civil War, Sarah Josepha Hale persuaded Abraham Lincoln to do something about it. He proclaimed (宣布) the last Thursday of November 1863 as a day of Thanksgiving.
Today, Americans celebrate this happy harvest festival on the fourth Thursday in November. Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving Day in much the same way as their American
neighbors. But the Canadian Thanksgiving Day falls on the second
Monday in October.
26. The passage mainly tells us _____ .
A. how Thanksgiving Day came into being and the different ways it is celebrated
B. how to celebrate Thanksgiving Day
C. that Thanksgiving Day changed with the time and places
D. Why Thanksgiving Day is a harvest holiday
27. Thanksgiving Day is celebrated _____ .
A. in spring B. in summer C. in autumn D. in winter
28. The first to celebrate Thanksgiving were ____ .
A. people in Canada B. Governor Bradford
C. some people from England D. the American Indians
29. We can infer from the passage that New England must be____.
A. in the US B. in Great Britain C. in Canada D. on some island off the Atlantic
30. Which of the following is NOT true?
A. There's little difference between the American way and the Canadian way to
celebrate Thanksgiving Day.
B. Abraham Lincoln was not the first to decide on thanksgiving celebrations.
C. Thanksgiving Day used to be a holiday to celebrate a good harvest.
D. Thanksgiving Day is celebrated to express the American and Indian people's thanks to God.
when your team loses an important game, when a friend borrows your favorite thing and then breaks it, you may get angry. and you may want to break something or hit someone, but sometimes you hide your anger. For example, you may hide it in your heart. The problem is that if you do this, you may get a
headache or your stomach may hurt. In fact, it’s not good to hide your anger, and it’s normal for you to get angry sometimes. . When you get angry, you can talk about it with Here are some other things you can do when you start to feel angry: count from 1 to 100; give someone a hug go for a bike ride; think about good things, etc. Remember that when you are angry, how you act can make everything better or 根据短文内容，选择五个句子填入文中空缺处，使短文内容完整正确，。
Liu Wei is very famous in China because he can play the piano with
One day when Liu Wei was only 10 years old, he played a game with
some friends. He lost both his arms because of electricity(电).
Liu Wei was very sad when both his arms were cut off after the
accident. But soon he had to make a choice.
“For people like me, there were only two choices. One was to give up all the dreams, which would cause a quick death. The other was to work hard without arms to live an excellent life.” says Liu Wei.
Liu’s dream was to be a pianist. His excellent life included a show on China’s Got Talent(《中国达人秀》) and a wonderful performance (演奏) playing the beautiful Marriage D’amour with his two feet on the piano.
Liu Wei learned to play the piano with his feet. And teaching himself to play the piano with his feet was very hard. Many times he wanted to give it up, but his parents went on encouraging(鼓励) him and he wanted to make his parents proud.
Maybe you can not believe that Liu Wei is able to play well only with his toes. The audience(观众) were deeply moved and very excited when they watched his performance 36. Why is Liu Wei very famous in China?
37. How old was Liu Wei when he lost his arms?
38. Was Liu Wei very sad when both his arms were cut off?
39. Who encouraged Liu Wei to play the piano?
40. How did the audience feel when they watched Liu’s performance?
根据对话内容在每个标有题号的空白处填入一个适当的句子，使对话完整，合乎情境。 A: Hi, Tom ! Tomorrow is Sunday .What are you going to do?
B: I’ve no idea.
A: I’m going to work on my uncle’s farm. Would you like to come with me ?
B: 42___________________.How far is it?
A: About 10 kilometers.
A: We can go there by bus.
B: How long will it take us to get there?
A: About half an hour.
A: Let’s meet at the bus stop at7 o’clock.
B:45_____________.See you then.
A: See you tomorrow.
46.Tina (meet) her pen friend yesterday afternoon.
47. She is a ___________ (good) student than her brother.
48. They make us 49. Which is (popular) in China, tea or coffee?
50. I think it’s important _____________ (sleep) 8 hours a night.
(have) a cup of tea.
52. I know many ______________ (visit) come to China every year.
53. They always have fun ____________(talk) to each other.
54. To tell the ___________ (true), I don’t like the drinks in that cafe.
55. Take exercise one hour a day, you'll become ________(healthy) than before.
56. Tom will go to the park if it ____________(not rain)tomorrow.
57 If you take a taxi to the concert, you __________(not be) late.
58. We need to learn how ___________(be) polite.
59. Tom invites all of us ___________(come) to his party.
60. ___________(final), they made a pot of soup successfully.
春节将至，马上又是新的一年。俗话说“一年之计在于春”，在新的一年里，你有什么计划呢？有没有需要该店的习惯？有没有新的愿望要在新的一年里实现呢？请根据下面的提示以“My New Year’s Resolutions”为题,写一篇70词左右的作文，介绍一下你的新年计划。 内容提示：1.努力学习；2.经常打篮球；3.花更多的时间和家人相处；4.改掉不好的习惯(get over bad habits)
My New Year’s Resolutions
The spring festival is coming soon, I have some plans for the new year.____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
46._________ 47. _________ 48 _________ 49 ___________
50 ___________ 51___________ 52 ___________ 53. ___________
54 ___________ 55. __________ 56. ___________ 57. ___________
58___________ 59___________ 60. ___________