初三英语人教版<新目标>Unit 5 It must belong to Carla同步练习
1.—There is a pen on the ground. Is it Li Long’s?
—It Li Long’s. He went to Beijing many days ago.
A. can be B. can’t be C. must be
2. —Excuse me. Where is the zoo? D. might be
A. Yes, she is. B. I’m afraid not. C. I think so.
14. Lucy likes singing. We often hear her after class.
A. sing B. to sing C. sings
15. It was a pity. The game wasn’t on yesterday the rain.
A. thanks for B. because C. because of
第1页 版权所有 不得复制 D. I hope so. D. sang D. as
“Who did this?” asked my teacher. Thirty children tried to think about not only what they had done, but also what our teacher have found out.
“Who did this?” she asked again. She never became , but she was this time. She help up a piece of broken glass and asked, “Who broke the window?”
“Oh, no,” I thought. I was the one who broke the window. I did not do it on purpose (故意地). It was caused by a throw （投，掷）of a baseball. But did it have to be me?
If I admitted （承认）it, I would into a lot of trouble. How would I be able to a big window like that? I didn’t want to raise my hand. , something much stronger than paper was just the one sentence, “It’s so cool.”Maybe he thought it was the best way to show what he saw and felt.
But the story also shows a scarcity(缺乏)of words. Without “cool”, some people have no words to show the same meaning. So it is quite important to keep some credibility(可信性).Can you think of many other words that make your life as colourful as the word “cool”? I can. And I think they are also very cool.
26. We know that the word “cool” has had ________.
第2页 版权所有 不得复制
A. only one meaning B. no meaning
C. many different meanings D. the same meaning
27. In the passage, the word “express” means “_______”.
A. see B. show C. know D. feel
28. If you are ________ something, you may say,“It’s cool.”
A. interested in B. angry about
C. worried about D. unhappy with
29. The writer takes an example to show he is ________ the way the word is used. 33. Mrs Smith got Linda .
A. to enjoy reading B. to enjoy drawing pictures
C. to write books D. to read aloud
34. Which is not true in the story?
A. The teacher often said much to Linda.
B. The teacher did something important in Linda’s life.
C. The teacher opened the world of books for Linda.
第3页 版权所有 不得复制
D. The teacher read them all kinds of wonderful books.
35. How did Mrs Smith teach reading?
A. She changed her voice with the people in the story.
B. She read aloud, so the students could remember the stories.
C. She read all kinds of wonderful books to her students.
D. A, B and C.
Ⅳ. 根据句意，用括号内所给单词的适当形式填空。 ?
57. I, don’t, dishonest, think, Tom, was
58. Li Wei, for, interviewed, job, the, was, last, Monday
59. about, mother, was, what, worried, your
第4页 版权所有 不得复制
60. about, of, the guesses, this, make, owner, backpack
随着“阳光体育运动”在全国的开展，“每天锻炼一小时，健康工作50年，幸福生活一辈子”的理念深入人心，校园里也出现了可喜的变化：运动时间延长了，运动项目增加了，学生体质增强了，校园生活丰富了。请根据以下要点提示，以 Sports in Our School为题给某校刊写一篇报道。
要点提示：1. time for sports
第5页 版权所有 不得复制
第6页 版权所有 不得复制
Ⅰ. 1—5 BBCDD 6—10 BCBBC 11—15 DABAC
Ⅱ. 16—20 BCBDB 21—25 CCCDC
Ⅲ. 26—30 CBAAD 31—35 BCA A D
Ⅳ. 36. worried 37. noisy 38. owner 39.dishonest 40. unhappy 41. final 42.possibly
43. playing 44. lying 45. extremely
Ⅴ. 46. is worried about 47. used up 48. Be careful of 49. pretended to 50. wake; up Ⅵ. 51. because of→ because 52. mean→ means 53. neighbor →neighbor’s
54. much too →too many 55. have→ be
Ⅶ. 56. Can this sweater be Mary’s?
57. I don’t think Tom was dishonest.
58. Li Wei was interviewed last Monday for the job.
59. What was your mother worried about?
60. Make guesses about the owner of this backpack.
Sports in Our School
Sports in our school have changed a lot. Now we have more than three P.E. classes a week, and we have at least one hour to exercise every day.
Students get so excited at these changes. More and more students take an active part in the ball games, running, and jumping on the playground.
Our school life is becoming more wonderful. Doing sports is a good way to relax and keep fit. What’s more, a healthy body can help us study better and live a happy life.
第7页 版权所有 不得复制